#41 Wayland

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 02:17 PM

View PostVXJaeger, on 14 October 2017 - 12:57 PM, said:

I wouldn't say doomed just yet.
IS players are getting better all of time, as they play FP and shake bad QP-habits from their back. Also seems that adaptation of mech builds for FP has started, so everything is open right now. This is LONG event, so things might get interesting in couple days.

Lol. We all know the clans will win this event. I played my 12 matches, got my rewards and I'm done with faction play until next event. Only an IS vs IS permanent queue would make me play faction play regularly

#42 Jun Watarase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 03:28 PM

Day 2 of the event is extremely weird. Day 1 had mostly pug vs pug matches. Day 2 was bad clan pugs vs IS 12 mans. Played around 8 matches today...7/8 were either against a full IS team or a near-full IS team. First match was pretty balanced, second match had several players put up a fight against a IS 12 man and actually managed to wipe their first wave 12-9, rest of the matches were mostly clan PUGs in trial mechs failing to break 1k damage. Most of the clan unit tags that i kept seeing were weird tags that couldnt break 1k, probably 1 man merc units or something. Most of the clan pilots/units that I usually see in FP were nowhere to be seen.

Not sure what happened. Did all the clan units get their rewards on day 1 and then started boycotting the event or something?

#43 James Wirth

• PipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 65 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 14 October 2017 - 03:29 PM

Bow down before the Mighty Jaguar, freebith barbarians of Luthien! This battle is all but over and the children of Kerensky are victorious!

Enjoy your lives as Clan bondsmen.

Seyla!

#44 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts
  • LocationCurrently dodging the pugs war crimes tribunal

Posted 14 October 2017 - 03:33 PM

View PostJames Wirth, on 14 October 2017 - 03:29 PM, said:

Bow down before the Mighty Jaguar, freebith barbarians of Luthien! This battle is all but over and the children of Kerensky are victorious!

Enjoy your lives as Clan bondsmen.

Seyla!

What you mean is bow down before mercs right? You know, the people who decide who wins and who losses in FP? The people who carry clans everyday? Got that? Cool.

#45 Sleepyboy14

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 120 posts
  • LocationChicago, Terra

Posted 14 October 2017 - 04:03 PM

View PostJohnathan Tanner, on 14 October 2017 - 03:33 PM, said:

What you mean is bow down before mercs right? You know, the people who decide who wins and who losses in FP? The people who carry clans everyday? Got that? Cool.

Come to think of it, Clanners hated mercs in the lore. So that is something to get rid of since it would serves as a contradiction.

Edited by SonolentoMetalREX, 14 October 2017 - 04:09 PM.

#46 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts
  • LocationCurrently dodging the pugs war crimes tribunal

Posted 14 October 2017 - 04:27 PM

View PostSonolentoMetalREX, on 14 October 2017 - 04:03 PM, said:

Come to think of it, Clanners hated mercs in the lore. So that is something to get rid of since it would serves as a contradiction.

Come to think of it? Mercs play both tech bases and there for spend the most money on the game? Im pretty sure PGI's thoughts on the matter are something like, lol screw lore.

#47 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 04:55 PM

Just one inanely simple question - - -

How can PGI just sit back and let this happen, time after time?

***NOTE: I want this to be a positive post, but please forgive me as I have to get this off my chest.***

I really don't care about the spreadsheets, calculations, or numbers they are using to adjust for what they determine is 'balance' in this game.
The results speak for themselves - Clan mechs ALWAYS WIN FP EVENTS in a major way.
How can they ignore the naked facts?
It's like denying climate change exists - - - - (sorry, had to throw that one in there)

My recommendation - throw away the damn calculators, and make some REAL changes to correct this imbalance.

I suggested in a previous post to increase durability of all IS chassis to offset the clan tech advantages.
And NO, omnimechs are NOT the answer.
I'll predict right now, that after omnimechs become available to IS, the very next FP event will be won by the clans. (assuming PGI does not make any other REAL balancing adjustments in the game)

OK, Rant over - -
Sorry guys and gals, but I have a hard time dealing with $h1t that does not make any sense.

See you folks on the battlefield.

Peace Out

#48 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 04:59 PM

They don't understand the cost to their bottom line. It's all about money.

#49 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 14 October 2017 - 07:30 PM

It's not the mechs - it's the pilots. Clan mechs are vastly crap compared to what they were when they were first launched. Trust me, if all the major units went IS, the Clan homeworlds would be surrounded by now.

I think it's more disheartening to see people continually pugging it up, when we keep encouraging them to drop as an organized group/team or drop alongside a unit.

No one listens to that, but they'll cry when a unit farms 'em out. Sorry, kids - ya can't have it both ways.

Edited by Commander A9, 14 October 2017 - 07:31 PM.

#50 VXJaeger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:47 PM

View PostJohnathan Tanner, on 14 October 2017 - 01:48 PM, said:

Are you kidding? the IS units will get there event rewards and quit again. No one wants to waste time carrying useless pugs with balance so bad.

With that attitude, IS deserves to lose.

#51 A Shoddy Rental Mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 590 posts
  • LocationOn my Island, There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Posted 14 October 2017 - 09:05 PM

View PostVXJaeger, on 14 October 2017 - 08:47 PM, said:

With that attitude, IS deserves to lose.

He's a Nova Cat Loyalist, just like you.

#52 SmokeGuar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 450 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 02:05 AM

You are all mercs disguised as loyalists. Some even IS spies, claiming to be clan loyalists.

#53 VXJaeger

• The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 15 October 2017 - 02:38 AM

View PostSmokeGuar, on 15 October 2017 - 02:05 AM, said:

You are all mercs disguised as loyalists. Some even IS spies, claiming to be clan loyalists.

I went loyalist because clans are more stabile quirk-wise as IS has gone totally FUBAR by multiple layered quirking. And I want to have some feel on progression while I play, LP-points are only given to loyalists so that's it then.

Edited by VXJaeger, 15 October 2017 - 02:40 AM.

#54 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 15 October 2017 - 03:35 AM

View PostLORD ORION, on 14 October 2017 - 01:06 PM, said:

Map design needs to force pug battles to occur at optimal IS ranges.
As soon as pugs come under fire they hide and poke, and on all the popular maps end up trading at clan optimal ranges.
The IS will always be doomed because of pugs vs map design.

Map design will not end cowardice.

#55 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 03:54 AM

View PostCommander A9, on 14 October 2017 - 07:30 PM, said:

It's not the mechs - it's the pilots. Clan mechs are vastly crap compared to what they were when they were first launched. Trust me, if all the major units went IS, the Clan homeworlds would be surrounded by now.

As it has been stated in many forum posts, the highly dedicated, and skilled player groups choose clan tech because it has gross advantages over IS tech (they like to win).
The changes I suggested to durability, in order to make the IS mechs a more viable option, should attract some of these 'major units', which in turn would make the game more interesting.
then you would have a truly balanced battlefield and some serious competition in FP, as well as all other modes.

This would benefit the developers as well, for a single reason.
*Competition (in anything) generates chatter.*
Chatter draws outside attention.(what's all this noise about?)
People are drawn to the conflict.(these guys are serious competitors!)
New (competitive minded)players sign up(I can do better than them- - -) or (I'd like to be a member of that group - - -)
PGI makes much more $$$$$$.
*And the icing on the cake - the players finally get a fair game - most of this salted rhetoric will go away (some people will always find something to b**ch about ), and MWO becomes more popular (better save my lunch money for MW5 - - - )

Peace All

#56 Suldanessala

• PipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 06:44 AM

as a rank 20 loyalist i couldnt care less about this event or fp in general

#57 OrichalcumMalleus

Rookie

• Mercenary
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 08:15 AM

A friend asked me how the event was going and I just sent him a clip of the Wilhelm scream.

#58 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 15 October 2017 - 08:53 AM

View PostCatten Hart, on 12 October 2017 - 09:39 PM, said:

I'm not participating in this seal clubbing. My desertion ends mid-event.

Do us a favour and grind those 12 as Steiner, I want to see if you get double the rewards when the event ends.

#59 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 15 October 2017 - 09:36 AM

View PostPeace2U, on 14 October 2017 - 04:55 PM, said:

Just one inanely simple question - - -

How can PGI just sit back and let this happen, time after time?

***NOTE: I want this to be a positive post, but please forgive me as I have to get this off my chest.***

I really don't care about the spreadsheets, calculations, or numbers they are using to adjust for what they determine is 'balance' in this game.
The results speak for themselves - Clan mechs ALWAYS WIN FP EVENTS in a major way.
How can they ignore the naked facts?
It's like denying climate change exists - - - - (sorry, had to throw that one in there)

My recommendation - throw away the damn calculators, and make some REAL changes to correct this imbalance.

I suggested in a previous post to increase durability of all IS chassis to offset the clan tech advantages.
And NO, omnimechs are NOT the answer.
I'll predict right now, that after omnimechs become available to IS, the very next FP event will be won by the clans. (assuming PGI does not make any other REAL balancing adjustments in the game)

OK, Rant over - -
Sorry guys and gals, but I have a hard time dealing with $h1t that does not make any sense.

See you folks on the battlefield.

Peace Out

All i read was "eye r berd at game, clams OP" How about you "git gud" and you'll see that the game is fairly balanced.

#60 Helsbane

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationThe frozen hell that is Wisconsin.

Posted 15 October 2017 - 09:48 AM

Had a guy on our team that was straight outta the depths of tier 9 last night. Ran around in his Raven for the first three waves claiming he was 'spotting' and babbling into his mic the entire time. He was still on his first ride while the rest of us got ready for our fourth assault into VF. I admittedly took it upon myself to get that guy into his second mech by whatever means were at my disposal. At match end, there were seven of us over 1500 dmg with 4+ kills, while our 'spotter' did a whopping 59 points of damage total, probably by accident.

As long as scrublets like that are allowed into FW, the results will be the same.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users