#281 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 21 October 2017 - 03:27 PM

View PostMax Rickson, on 21 October 2017 - 03:03 PM, said:

It was a joke and the poster (ed steele) I quoted got that, maybe see his reply above yours.

yes lights are not quite as tanky as before the patch, but they are lights so hit, and run, and run, and run. Rinse and repeat.

Running toward the enemy is fun, running away isn't.. hence game is less fun now..

#282 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 11:38 PM

Gameplay was bad and is getting worse and PGI is helping by supporting the *******.
90% of the players can´t read the minimap or refuse to play as team.
I´m sick of Assaults and Heavys shooting at range in domination mode.
I´m sick of loosing 3-12 after a 3-0 kill lead, just because my team is hiding instead of pushing.
I´m sick of "elite" players and units with +1.000 damage and +3 kills each game, thinking they don´t have to listen to any orders, cause they don´t give a **** about tactics or teamplay, but their team mostly looses while these kind of players just "do their thing".
I´m sick of PGI trying to balance the game by nerfing or buffing with a sledgehammer, instead of doing small steps and see if it works out.
And i´m sick of PGI just listening to the crybabies with the loudest voice, instead of listening to long time players who know Battletech.

#283 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 08:42 AM

View PostWishmast3r, on 21 October 2017 - 11:38 PM, said:

And i´m sick of PGI just listening to the crybabies with the loudest voice, instead of listening to long time players who know Battletech.

You had me until that line. Knowing BattleTech means jack-all.

#284 Tahawus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 189 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 10:39 AM

PGI needs to get themselves sorted out. IS-clan balance has taken a hit since skill tree, and the variety of folks I see in both QP and FP has decreased markedly.

Poorly thought out moves on balance are probably worse than no move, particularly when they're unnecessary.

Take the ml for example, it is the staple of weapons, moderate performer all around. Not notably op. Limited to 6 (30 damage) before ghost heat kicks in. Why target it for changes and not the ugly synergistic combinations that lead to ~80 point alphas that don't trigger ghost heat? 60 points of gauss led to the introduction of a new mechanic to keep it to 30 points. I've got a summoner that I trot out when I want an easy match that can drop two 76 point shots before having to start being conservative with heat.

I built a 140 point alpha direwolf that didn't trigger ghost heat, not a good build for a real game, but it one shot kills with a clean hit on anything heavy or less. This is singular focus on alpha damage is deleterious to a balanced and fun experience.

#285 Kell Aset

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 22 October 2017 - 11:34 AM

Hey why after this patch right Shift+F11 (toggle HUD on/off) is not working anymore? without that I can't take clean screenshots of other ppl now(well I mean screenies of mechs of other ppl really) Posted Image.

Edited by Kell Aset, 22 October 2017 - 11:36 AM.

#286 GalahadVGL13

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 22 October 2017 - 12:12 PM

View PostKell Aset, on 22 October 2017 - 11:34 AM, said:

Hey why after this patch right Shift+F11 (toggle HUD on/off) is not working anymore? without that I can't take clean screenshots of other ppl now(well I mean screenies of mechs of other ppl really) Posted Image.

F7 now.

#287 Kell Aset

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 22 October 2017 - 02:18 PM

View PostGalahadVGL13, on 22 October 2017 - 12:12 PM, said:

F7 now.

Thanks

#288 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 22 October 2017 - 06:47 PM

View PostTahawus, on 22 October 2017 - 10:39 AM, said:

Take the ml for example, it is the staple of weapons, moderate performer all around. Not notably op. Limited to 6 (30 damage) before ghost heat kicks in. Why target it for changes and not the ugly synergistic combinations that lead to ~80 point alphas that don't trigger ghost heat?

This exactly! The short answer? I don't think they play their own game.. I understand (and agree with the intention) that they were trying to tone down the ferocity of high alpha builds, but by nerfing one weapon type alone, the medium laser, they negatively affected a large swath of a class of mechs, lights (and even mediums) WHICH CANNOT EVEN OUTFIT HIGH ALPHA BUILDS. There must be a better way!

I don't understand why they don't just do a wholesale buff of everyone's armour? Armour buff lights 10%, mediums 15%, heavies 15% and assaults 20%. What's wrong with that? As it stands assaults need a good armour boost due to their lack of mobility (ie. getting left behind) and low agility...

#289 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 11:56 PM

If you want to get rid of high alpha builds, just use the ghost heat. A max of 4 ML or SL, do the same for dakka and lurms and voila. I never was and never will be a friend of high one shot alphas or metas. Can´t remember to read in one of the books that someone shot 2 LPL and 6 ERML together and all of them hit the CT. In my opinion, less weapons per alpha would make the games last longer and thus more interesting. At the moment skilled players kill noobs (and oh boy do we have a lot of noobs in MWO) with 2 alphas, making the noobs get frustated cause they don´t hit ****.
Ghost heat was the most important tool PGI ever introduced to MWO. Beeing able to regulate an alpha shot, without touching the specs of the weapons.

Yeonne Greene with "knowing Battletech" i didn´t mean the tabletop and it´s laws, we are way beyond these old fashioned rules. I´ve been playing Battletech tabletop and Mechwarrior for over 20 years now (**** i´m old) and when i read someone complaining about the symmetry of a mech or the difference between Clan and IS weapons, that just hurts.

#290 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 12:05 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 22 October 2017 - 06:47 PM, said:

I don't think they play their own game..

And i think you´re absolutely right! I´m working as industrial mechanic, building complex machines. And of course we have engineers, constructing the machines. People from the university, who have never touched a single screw in their life, constantly try to tell me how the machine must be assembled.

#291 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 02:17 PM

View PostWishmast3r, on 22 October 2017 - 11:56 PM, said:

Yeonne Greene with "knowing Battletech" i didn´t mean the tabletop and it´s laws, we are way beyond these old fashioned rules. I´ve been playing Battletech tabletop and Mechwarrior for over 20 years now (**** i´m old) and when i read someone complaining about the symmetry of a mech or the difference between Clan and IS weapons, that just hurts.

I actually got that. But what really hurts for me is when people clamor to keep those things when this is clearly a boxed-in arena shooter with zero lore trappings beyond some flavor text. At that point, you might as well make the game be as fun as it can be mechanically by making one side good at ABC while the other is good at XYZ, with the occasional inversion. MWO, right now, has one side good at ABCXY and mostly Z and, frankly, has resulted in a boring experience.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users