311 replies to this topic

#261 Zoose

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 72 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 12:21 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 27 October 2017 - 05:37 AM, said:

I like all the folks losing their apparently feeble minds over the lack of players in FP.... during an event, which began on a thursday... when most players have school, work, etc.... to go to the following day. Don't come on during a weekday and expect record #s of active players to be in the queues and then throw a tantrum when they're not.

The issue is when FW was first introduced and for its first couple of years (before it was decided to "reduce buckets" to fix everything) we could see the population and you could make a call as a player or unit to drop or not to drop. Now you cant see ahahhah....you could be 1 player short from forming or 11 players short and you cant see and have to sit there. They need to provide transparency again so people can see the numbers.

View PostDr Gonzo316, on 27 October 2017 - 12:16 PM, said:

This FP system might have worked if there wasn`t a bloody QP event going on simultaneously. Sometimes I really don`t know if there is even one person at PGI who actually knows its own game.

Yeah this is a very valid post for two reasons. We know from historical running of the events that an event in one area will strip an event in another area. Events work the best when its only QP or FP because it incentives the population to concentrate in one format giving you the expanded population for a period of time.

#262 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 12:42 PM

Five scout matches resulting in four loot bags in the past hour.

#263 Holy Jackson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 222 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 01:00 PM

If this thread has taught me one thing, its THAT DEE EIGHT IS A ************* BAD ***.

Like, the queue puts him in game first. That's how awesome he is.

#264 OMCBOONE

• PipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 01:24 PM

Great idea for an event. Clan vrs Clan and IS vrs IS.. However, this event splits the FP community even more into small buckets. It is already hard enough to get matches sometimes.

With so many different conflicts and planets it thins the matchmaking.

BooooOone

Edited by OMCBOONE, 27 October 2017 - 01:25 PM.

#265 WarmasterRaptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 205 posts
  • LocationQuébec - Canada

Posted 27 October 2017 - 01:29 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 27 October 2017 - 12:42 PM, said:

Five scout matches resulting in four loot bags in the past hour.

Getting dat sweet sweet Cbills rain with loots on top of that?
And forum-warrioring?

That's tier 1+ right there :D

Cheers o/

#266 Chound

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 299 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 01:34 PM

View PostTerrorsdawn, on 25 October 2017 - 04:00 PM, said:

Does this event mean there will be 7 active faction play buckets running all at the same time?

I hope it does.

good luck getting a match though. I tried last night and couldn't. They are supposed to be changing it to an IS vs Clan event... again. Some clanners don't like going against equal mechs even though clans always fought against each other they can have a variant of Davion vs steiner and Jade Falcon vs Wolf.

#267 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 01:38 PM

Another fifty minutes...5 more scout matches and 3 more loot bags. Total is up to 22 loot bags all via scout matches.

#268 Chound

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 299 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 01:44 PM

View PostRodrigo Martinez, on 27 October 2017 - 04:50 AM, said:

There should be something like special event factions. For an event time every player can join one of these event factions without leaving his unit or FP faction. Similar to previous Battle for Luthien event, where playerbase majority had been mostly out of loyalty part. It seems there is not enough players to fill in the faction event, so I think it would be better to separate FP and event parts.

it was a slight improvement since this event was loyalists and mercs signed with a house but there aren't enough players for a 12v12 match at certain times of the day. Faction play is dying out. look at the number of ties in war history. only once a day are there enough people playing FP to generate the win conditions. not enough IS people are playing. Battle for Luthien should by lore been only for smoke jaguar and Kurita not IS vs Clan. They should go with an event based on IS vs IS and clan vs Clan. both sides fight on a more or less even battlefield

#269 Chound

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 299 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 01:51 PM

View PostTelemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-, on 27 October 2017 - 05:28 AM, said:

I'm sorry, I know everyone has been saying to make this event 2 buckets (clan vs clan and IS vs IS) but even that is a terrible idea. There merely isn't enough population.

Just make it so that once a group forms a lobby, they can drop against either clan or IS. Example being 12 IS end up randomly forming after searching - they can drop into a clan vs IS OR IS vs IS match. Same goes for clans.

That way its only one bucket that still maintains the civil war theme, and will actually lead to faster matches because you end up doubling the opponent pool for both sides.

some people don't like FP because the tech base is unequal. Clan mechs have lighter, hotter weapons, that can shoot at longer ranges than IS. the idea an all IS 12 man going against another IS group was an attempt to get more people into FP since IS mechs all have the same weapon ranges and performance baseline(skill tree alterations not included).

#270 Chound

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 299 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 01:59 PM

View PostCaptn Kirk, on 27 October 2017 - 08:05 AM, said:

Cant get a single faction drop against Wolf. How is a pilot suppose to get 150 for a free mech? bleh.

you only need 50 matches in FP to get a mech and 100 in QP

#271 Rhialto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 27 October 2017 - 02:00 PM

UPDATE!

https://mwomercs.com...3-event-update/

#272 Chound

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 299 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 02:03 PM

View PostRushin Roulette, on 27 October 2017 - 09:09 AM, said:

Ill just quite myself for all the players not able to get an IS vs IS or Clan vs Clan faction play match for this event. You need to do this, so that you will drop on the corect planet. Otherwise you will continue dropping the normal Clan vs IS games.

IS vs clan is suspended for duration of this event. only the special matches are running. you do need to select the right one.

#273 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 02:17 PM

As usual...PGI 's solution is worse than the original problem.

#274 Apollo777

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 265 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 28 October 2017 - 12:22 AM

The game is very laggy and I get dc repeatedly!!

It's much better now.Posted Image

Edited by Apollo777, 28 October 2017 - 03:11 AM.

#275 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 28 October 2017 - 02:22 AM

View PostRhialto, on 27 October 2017 - 02:00 PM, said:

Hi there... something glitched your link... here's an updated one...

-->> https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/258853-trick-or-treat-3-event-update/

...and let's hope everyone re-routes their discussion to there. :mellow:

~D. V. "doesn't like getting error messages when trying to jump to other topics" Devnull

#276 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 05:30 PM

I'm in love with how quickly the loot bags update now, I don't think there's enough appreciation for the work that went into that

#277 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 29 October 2017 - 06:00 AM

View PostZoose, on 27 October 2017 - 12:21 PM, said:

We know from historical running of the events that an event in one area will strip an event in another area. Events work the best when its only QP or FP because it incentives the population to concentrate in one format giving you the expanded population for a period of time.

Am I the only one who considers it quite hilarious that you, me and basically everyone else knows and agrees upon this, except the few lost souls in PGIs event-planner dungeon? I mean, seriously, it's not rocket science to figure things like this out.

#278 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 30 October 2017 - 12:07 AM

Bump

#279 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 October 2017 - 04:56 AM

View PostUnit 86, on 27 October 2017 - 04:35 AM, said:

if i sell the standard mech from grand prize will i keep the mech bay?

You will get more bang for your "bucks" if you take one of the (S) variant mechs (if you didn't already have it) and selling your old 4p or Stormcrow.

That way you will still have that mech, a free mech bay and the few cbills from the sale. .. but you will also have a cbill earner as a bonus.

Edited by Rushin Roulette, 30 October 2017 - 08:08 AM.

#280 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 02:55 PM

• If you own any level of the (TBA November 1st) pre-order pack you will automatically receive 25 bonus Loot Bags.
I am waiting...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users