299 replies to this topic

#41 ForceUser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 894 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 03:23 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 27 October 2017 - 03:18 PM, said:

NOT incorrect. When the event began yesterday, the original match score requirement for the QP side was 150 while for faction it was 100. They've since lowered the bar and begun editing the loot bag event pages. I had just hjit my 25th faction loot bag in the sharks vs wolves bucket without needing PGI's help to mess over the event. Now they've reset the faction vs faction requirements, and I have to only get SIX matches apparently to get the warhorn, when another 25 wasn't presenting itself to be any sort of problem under the original format and seven buckets system.

Yea scouting seems to be going fine for many of the match ups. That's what I've been using for faction play bags.

#42 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

View PostDee Eight, on 27 October 2017 - 02:55 PM, said:

Because its NOT really about the loot bags for some players... its about the faction specific cockpit rewards. To get all three, you need FIFTY matches of whatever score pgi sets it to, for that faction vs another faction. So Instead of 50 matches over 11 days... now it because 50 over 2 days. What if you cannot play 50 in those two days ? Then you miss out on those prizes.

Requirements have been adjusted to 2, 4 and 6 matches for the Cockpit items.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

#43 LordFatman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 183 posts

I been waiting for 10 min to get match for 2 days just to get my 50 is special event now it is gone and I cant get my rewards that is bulls*** waste of my time I wanted that nova cat warhorn

Edited by LordFatman, 27 October 2017 - 03:24 PM.

#44 tortcat

• PipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 88 posts

So the event is now going until the 11th? ( as the event timer still shows it ending on Nov 6th). Thank you ( I am hoping the 11th)

#45 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 03:24 PM

View PostLordFatman, on 27 October 2017 - 03:23 PM, said:

I been waiting for 10 to get match just to get my 50 is special event now it is gone and I cant get my rewards that is bulls*** waste of my time I wanted that nova cat warhorn

Please contact support they will be happy to inject that item for you.

#46 Troa Barton

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 356 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUS

You hit the nail on the head here:
"need a way for Faction Play Loyalty Pledges and Merc Contracts to be less rigid, empowering players to participate in Faction Play Events outside of their Loyalty and Contract states"

This is my issue with faction play that was only exasperated with the special events. I cannot choose who I want to side with without giving up opportunities or by being punished.

You get more bees with honey than vinegar as the saying goes, make it more appealing to be part of a house or clan and to stay with them than to punish them by leaving or worse inadvertently punish them by staying.

Get rid of the punishments for leaving a faction especially the time of rejoining a different faction. Then make it to where these events that have multiple sides to them let you choose which one you're going to work on, only able to choose another when you've completed it.
Put a "quick play" system into faction play where you just find the first drop. If your faction you are part of is involved in the drop you get into then your efforts are counted. If your faction is not involved in the conflict you still get loyalty points and rewards but your efforts are not counted towards the capture or defense of the planet.

Quick play is preferred because I don't have to care whom I'm affiliated with, I'm going to make the same money as anyone else, and I'm going to find a match in short order. That should be your design goals with faction play as well.

Keep it simple.

#47 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Clarification: Can I spend/open my loot bags, or do I have to save them (unopened) until I get to 150?

#48 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 03:25 PM

View Posttortcat, on 27 October 2017 - 03:23 PM, said:

So the event is now going until the 11th? ( as the event timer still shows it ending on Nov 6th). Thank you ( I am hoping the 11th)

Still creating the Conflicts but yes the event will be extended!

View PostJonathan8883, on 27 October 2017 - 03:24 PM, said:

Clarification: Can I spend/open my loot bags, or do I have to save them (unopened) until I get to 150?

Open them! when you hit 150 you will get the grand prize!

#49 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 03:26 PM

View PostJonathan8883, on 27 October 2017 - 03:24 PM, said:

You can open them before reaching the 150.

#50 Vatir

Rookie

• The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 03:26 PM

Am I missing something? The "Cockpit Hanging - Clan Wolf DNA" item seems to no longer be available in the event options. It was originally available in Clan Wolf Vs Steel Vipers - Clan Wolf Recruit.

#51 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 03:31 PM

1. for the length of the event: you should allow everyone to switch contracts as they like, with no penalty.

2. PGI should apologize for making such a bad event.

3. PGI should give us NICE freebies for free because we need to endure such a "not well" planned event.

#52 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 03:32 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 27 October 2017 - 03:25 PM, said:

Open them! when you hit 150 you will get the grand prize!

Great! (Where do I find them? They aren't in inventory).

I will be sticking to Scouting for the FP. If FW wasn't 80% Siege it'd and 75% PUG vs Premade, it'd be more fun...but there's too much lost time risk.

Edited by Jonathan8883, 27 October 2017 - 03:33 PM.

#53 Kinski Orlawisch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 27 October 2017 - 03:35 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 27 October 2017 - 03:23 PM, said:

Requirements have been adjusted to 2, 4 and 6 matches for the Cockpit items.

What is counting for the 6 and where can I redeem em? Wolf vs Viper is gone.

#54 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 03:35 PM

I get a 404 error site when I want to open any conflict. (I should be able to redeem my warhorn now.)

#55 tortcat

• PipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 88 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 03:38 PM

Thanks. I unfortunately work on the weekends so having until the 11th makes this much more obtainable for me.

#56 GamerPro4000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSian

Posted 27 October 2017 - 03:38 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 27 October 2017 - 03:24 PM, said:

Please contact support they will be happy to inject that item for you.

Thank you Matt, I just emailed support and I hope they will honor your word. I had 49 out of 50 Faction plays complete for Nova Cat.

#57 tortcat

• PipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 88 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 03:39 PM

( I also am waiting to see what mech is going to be available for pre-purchase on Nov1st!)

#58 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 03:42 PM

View PostKinski Orlawisch, on 27 October 2017 - 03:35 PM, said:

New events are being added based on the OP posted schedule and the criteria are adjusted.
The event will be extended and if you were just shy on a goal please email support.

#59 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 03:44 PM

View PostKinski Orlawisch, on 27 October 2017 - 03:35 PM, said:

Well I was at 26/50 VIPER vs WOLF matches when they shut it down...

I think this means that when the VIPER event comes back online, I will already have 26/6 matches and will be able to claim all prizes for that part of the event right away (with ~2 weeks left to claim it, even if I'm offline during the new VIPER event days).

Maybe they should have just kept the event as it was, and just make each victory count as +10 points instead of +1 points when it's your own faction's special event day, and then nobody would have lost anything (including the Wolf players and their 2 events, and those who won't be able to show up on the right day for their own faction event...), but they didn't do that so this is how it is Posted Image

Edited by Humble Dexter, 27 October 2017 - 03:45 PM.

#60 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 03:46 PM

View PostVatir, on 27 October 2017 - 03:26 PM, said:

Am I missing something? The "Cockpit Hanging - Clan Wolf DNA" item seems to no longer be available in the event options. It was originally available in Clan Wolf Vs Steel Vipers - Clan Wolf Recruit.

PGI being PGI. taking away the prizes they used to lure you to the event yesterday.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users