Trick Or Treat 3 Event Update.

299 replies to this topic

#281 Ishishi

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 02:45 PM

Where are the loot bags, cant get em in the game. PGI said everything is in the game now, in their new superior event thing. Im sorry, i was off playing better games the last 2 weeks.

#282 Sagamore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 November 2017 - 04:12 PM

I’m disappointed I didn’t get any FRR rewards seeing as I spent a long time queuing and playing (especially queuing) before the terms of the event were changed. I’m pretty sure I had 5 or 6 100 match score games complete at the time. I didn’t get any credit for those games on the new event and I wasn’t able to play in the short FRR v Kurita window. This happen to anyone else?

#283 KrocodockleTheBooBoxLoader-GetIn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 337 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 04:12 PM

Couldn't get a fw match to save my life

#284 Captain Zapp

• PipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 23 posts
  • LocationNZ

Posted 08 November 2017 - 10:17 PM

Managed to complete both loot events and absolutely love the new stormcrow. Thanks

Here's a list of all loot prizes won (incl's an extra 25 for Thanatos)
MC = 860 GXP = 8,400 C-Bills = 7,025,000 Premium Time = 1 Day Active x5
MC Consumables = Air Strike x7, Artillery x8, Cool Shot x5, UAV x11

Cockpit Items=
Mounted - HALLOWEEN LIGHTS x3
Hanging - Chandelier Halloween 2017 x2
Hanging - NUKE PUMPKIN x4
Hanging - SCARED PUMPKIN x 1
Hanging - STITCHED PUMPKIN x2
Standing Item Skull Halloween 2017 x4
Event prizes JACK-O-LANTERN WARHORN x2

Grand Prize STORMCROW SCR-Prime [S] x1

and must not forget the LIAO dog tag, halogram and warhorn initially won under contract in IS v IS
followed by the Smoke Jaguar DNA, Holo globe and warhorn under contract in Clan v Clan.

Phew!

Edited by Captain Zapp, 09 November 2017 - 12:45 AM.

#285 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 10:42 PM

Thanks for the event! 250 loot bags later, 6,987,500 cbills, 24 cockpit items, 33 MC consumables, 12,300 GXP, 1,465 MC, 12 days' Premium Time. Overall fantastic haul.

#286 ShooteyMcShooterson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 290 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 11:35 PM

WTH do wehave to do to get the faction matches weplay and get a score over 100 in actually count towards the event? I've played numerous scoutingmatches today and some counted and some didn't. WTF, I should long since be done with this thing, but it says I only played 4 matches?

#287 Ertur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 565 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 12:01 AM

Are you sure you are dropping in the clan v clan event? If you are seeing IS mech enemies, then it won't count for you. There's a separate queue and event 'fight' button. Also, it is easily possible to win and get under 100 in scouting, I had one match not count (a win IIRC) because I only got 98 or so points at the end.

Aside from that, and long queue times, I didn't have a problem with the IS v IS event.
Many Draco's found a yellow bird was waiting for them.

#288 DangerousOne

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 12:40 AM

View PostShooteyMcShooterson, on 08 November 2017 - 11:35 PM, said:

WTH do wehave to do to get the faction matches weplay and get a score over 100 in actually count towards the event? I've played numerous scoutingmatches today and some counted and some didn't. WTF, I should long since be done with this thing, but it says I only played 4 matches?

Today I've played only six matches and all of them were counted towards the event. Three of them were against your premade. Each time only one or two of you guys had managed to score 100+ points and this is in a best case scenario.

Thanks to Jaguars there wasn't any hold up in getting drops. Overall it took me no more than one hour to get all three items. Huntsman streak boat works like a charm, even when you lose you usually able to do enough damage to score over 100 points. Just start jump-spamming streaks as soon as enemies are in a fireing range and don't forget to run from bad guys (but don't forget to keep shooting at them either Posted Image while you're runing) to keep the distance. And surpisingly all drops mentioned above were wins. I was lucky to have such good players on my side during those drops.

Edited by DangerousOne, 09 November 2017 - 02:09 AM.

#289 Daviot

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 05:45 PM

View PostKlappspaten, on 08 November 2017 - 11:49 AM, said:

I wasn't able to play a single faction warfare match against the Kuritas so far. And its not for a lack of trying, I have spent hours in the queue. Really nicely done PGI, holding these mid week must be amongst your more idiotic ideas.

Ditto. Tried queue twice in the initial version of the FP event and tried five times during the dedicated FRR vs. Kurita block and matchmaking never put me in a game once. Posted Image

#290 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 10 November 2017 - 04:31 AM

Alright... I've personally managed to finish the Event, and it looks like it's time for me to roll back through and give this a final breakdown. For PGI's note, I'm not trying to be vindictive or mean in any way here, just willing to provide useful feedback so that these Events can improve. So, did this Event climb back all the way up? Nope, and here's why...
  • Site page states the following, as of when I'm quoting this...

Trick Or Treat III Loot Bag Page said:

This event will run for 16 days, so we hope you'll enjoy the time to earn those Trick or Treat 3 Loot Bags at your own pace!
    ...but the actual allowed time when the math is checked is only 15.25 days.

• The arrows showing Factions up for a particular Special Event never properly showed which Factions during the Entire Event. This prevented easy identification of who was battling who at a specific time.

• The scroll bar on the Planet Finder isn't large or prominent enough to make players take notice and look all the way up or down to find out about Special Event situations. This is likely why some people aren't finding what they're looking for in order to complete parts of the larger Main Event, and also causes dead buckets and the inability to find certain needed matches.
...and with all of that said, I can at least note that it did seem like some things were fixed for some people, if not others. Heck, I'm even giving some bonus points on this Event Review Rating for...
  • At least getting it back down to needing no more than 10 Qualifying Matches Per Day On Average, just to collect all the Loot Bags.
...because that really did help with taking off some of the Event-Related Stress. However, given the facts, and having to weight for things that weren't fixed for others, I'm going to have to give this Event the Review Rating of...

7.0/10

...and those things above absolutely do NOT include any kind of personal gripes from me. Yes, I'm really trying to weigh this from all sides of the matter, contrary to what anyone thinks. Hopefully, PGI can improve the next Event with the details I'm giving above. :D

If I were to factor in my personal feelings on...
  • Receiving 5x "1 Day of Active Premium Time" that are currently keeping me from logging into MWO due to Loot Bag Auto-Queueing until I'm safely ready to use them... This is directly due to health concerns, as well as out of respect for others, along with a want to avoid that going to waste as much as possible. These are also unfortunately going to stop me from finding out who won in the "Ghost Bear vs. Smoke Jaguar" Faction Warfare Special Event until after that's long since done. They're definitely keeping me out of the remainder of that, rather sadly. I really wish I could have exchanged these for a comparable (MC) value instead, or perhaps some of the 'New 2017 Halloween WarHorn'.
  • The fact that I can't choose to temporarily disable the Special Pattern on an "(S)"-type, "30% (C-Bill) Boost" Mech... I hate to say it, but I and the "Phranken Camo Pattern" just don't get along with each other. I have personally NEVER been that macabre of a person. If I can score an appropriate pattern to apply from a Future Event, I'm going to be sticking it on that Mech!
  • The fact that I fell asleep while Group Queued for Faction Warfare's Invasion Mode just once during this Event and missed a Match (likely being asleep during) without intent, due to trying to push it too hard because of the prior 11-Day Event Time Limit. This caused a team to get abandoned, which I never intended, and I have Lost someone that I consider a Good Friend whom I'll never forget over this matter. (Again to that person, you know who you are... I've got to avoid naming people here due to MWO's 'C.o.C.' ... Sorry to both You and the rest of the Drop Group!) I did try to re-establish connections, but they're seemingly bent on completely ignoring me, sadly enough. A chunk of Active Premium Time that I activated from a Previous Event has already gone to waste because of this, as I lost considerable time in making an effort to reach out, instead of being some evil jerk that I would NEVER be.
  • Opening 150 Loot Bags, only to never gain any of the 'New 2017 Halloween WarHorn' from the Loot Bag Randomizer. Like, that's seriously unfair to put all that effort in, and still be totally unable to earn the 'new and most shiny thing' being stated as a possible reward. Heck, it feels like walking up to a house when you're Trick-Or-Treat'ing in Real Life, being looked at by the homeowner, and being rudely & intentionally given only half as many candy bits as other people.
...then I would have to give the Event a 'nose-breaking' kind of worse Review Rating. But frankly, after failing to stay awake for just 1 single match that I would have been in, messing that up for others, and definitely not getting a qualifier from that, I'll accept the fact that I'm stuck having to avoid launching MWO for now. I've got nobody but myself to blame for not watching my sleep cycling well enough. At least I went and ultimately put in far more matches than were ever required to complete the Event sections, just in case of any issues with any small handful of matches out of the larger pool. :(

On the bright side, at least I collected my Grand Prize. I'm really glad to pick this one up, but now I'm going to have a hell of a time figuring out how to outfit the darned thing. However, I'm not going to say exactly which one, because it would be kind of unbalanced to some in the community. Particularly if I went and provided info that would allow others to be able to actively plot a "Griefing-Grade Counter-Attack" against me. No way I'm going around actively sabotaging teams that I'll be with in the future, because that would be downright unfair. :ph34r:

For PGI's note, I am still appreciative to have gained what (MC), (C-Bills), GXP, Consumables, and Cockpit Items there were to be had from all those 150 Loot Bags. I'm also thankful to have reached the goals for those two '2016 Halloween WarHorns' and 'Grand Pick-A-Prize Mech' that were part of this Event's milestone-type Challenges. ^_^

However, I will hope that future Events make things like "Active Premium Time" into a thing of the past, instead turning those Rewards into "Banked Premium Time", or that it gets totally turned into (MC) (or super-huge (C-Bills) chunks) so that the player base themselves can choose how to apply it. If that type of Reward does get changed to "Banked Premium Time", then I hope that PGI will ultimately enable activation of that in single-day chunks, in order to allow people to go about their normal lives without having to make weird special exceptions. And yes, everyone has a differing point-of-view on the matter, this I know. It still isn't nice however to have that kind of a booster just ticking away while you're not logged on. :huh:

Anyway, everyone, have fun out there with the rest of the Event. I'm going to try to get some rest this weekend, because right now I'm feeling like a half-suicidal wreck. (Yeah, really. I'm not kidding.) My brain is completely overloaded. Nobody should land up feeling that way from a mix of Real Life combined with an MMO-level Game. Sadly, by the time I recover, I'll be a slightly more rusty pilot again... dangit. :mellow:

~Mr. D. V. "A rather fatally-honest, Event Reviewing person that even doctors couldn't help..." Devnull

#291 Baron Blitz Fokheimer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 147 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 10:35 AM

So I'm sitting here 10 faction matches away from qualifying for the main prize, and I can't even ******* do them because they split everything up into IS vs IS and Clan vs Clan days, and the last day of the event during which I actually have time to play doesn't match with the...whatever.

I'm getting sick and tired of all the twisted little BS bits inserted into actually getting what you want out of this game.

#292 Ertur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 565 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 11:46 AM

DV totally got an LRM Stormcrow. With 4x tag.

#293 Baron Blitz Fokheimer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 147 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 04:10 PM

Posted Image

Go to hell, you heartless ********. Not a single dollar more from me.

Edit: Okay, they took care of it. ♥

Edited by Baron Blitz Fokheimer, 18 November 2017 - 01:12 PM.

#294 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 10 November 2017 - 04:55 PM

That was fun ! Thx for the loot bag event ! I always like loot !

#295 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 11 November 2017 - 02:17 AM

Well as I suspected the 150 game target was absurd. Played more than I should and only got to 110. Bit disappointing realising PGI expect you to have no life to play this. Would of been doable if it was all scouting matches mind.

Oh well got some good rewards otherwise and with the steam pack sale got the grasshopper, the cauldron born and the locust mastery pack so a few extra locust's and two months of premium time so three hero's and a champion amongst other treats. So not that bad in all.

Edited by mad kat, 11 November 2017 - 02:32 AM.

#296 ERescue

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 203 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 03:18 AM

@D.V. Devnull: Please take care of yourself, sounds like you are more than a bit "burned out" right now. *hug*

@PGI: Setting the grand prize limit at 150 was a strain, even with tournament support and Piranha pre-purchase. I managed to finish 100 acceptable quick play matches and 16 runs of faction play (scouting only). I lost count of how many times I scored a 99 or 98 or 96... Do not think I got any 97s, as funny as that is. :/ 10000 total match score in quick play and 5000 total match score for faction play, with each full 100 granting one loot bag would have been at least a bit more merciful as at least for me the end of the event degenerated pretty much to the following: Queue Roughneck with plenty of SRMs and some minor support weapons, find a really fat target mech and melt face as much as possible, hoping to score around 170 or more damage before I explode from focused enemy fire. Current format renders the how much over 100 part irrelevant as long as one reaches it. It does not matter, if one gets 101 or 613 match score. :/ And even a 99 is a waste.

In one particularly "silly" scouting run... Out of the eight players present, FIVE scored a 99 or 98, I got 89 and only two exceed 100... by a lot. :/ One thing that has been suggested a lot, I will echo 100%: Please, pretty please with sugar on top, make actual contributions other than direct damage have more of an effect on the match score. Using UAVs, air or artillery strikes, lance cohesion, capturing intelligence, holding bases in conquest, delivering energy to the towers, etc... In other words, reward people from doing useful things... OR set the limit just a little bit lower. I am most probably among the worst existing active players (as I am apparently at the very bottom of tier 5) and if the "bar" had been at 90 or even 95 points, I would have gotten a significantly higher number of the accepted results.

@All: Thank you to all who dropped with me and / or against me. I had plenty of fun matches! *hugs to all*

#297 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 11 November 2017 - 05:08 AM

Catching up one last time...

View PostErtur, on 10 November 2017 - 11:46 AM, said:

DV totally got an LRM Stormcrow. With 4x tag.

Uhm... no... as in, No... just NO... TAG doesn't stack anyway. <_<

View Postmad kat, on 11 November 2017 - 02:17 AM, said:

Bit disappointing realising PGI expect you to have no life to play this. Would of been doable if it was all scouting matches mind.

Scouting Mode was pretty much the only way to do the Faction Warfare side of this 'Trick-Or-Treat III' Event. They really need to give at least 2 Loot Bags for every round of Invasion Mode, given the serious extra time spent. :huh:

View PostERescue, on 11 November 2017 - 03:18 AM, said:

@D.V. Devnull: Please take care of yourself, sounds like you are more than a bit "burned out" right now. *hug*

@PGI: Setting the grand prize limit at 150 was a strain, even with tournament support and Piranha pre-purchase. I managed to finish 100 acceptable quick play matches and 16 runs of faction play (scouting only). I lost count of how many times I scored a 99 or 98 or 96... Do not think I got any 97s, as funny as that is. :/ 10000 total match score in quick play and 5000 total match score for faction play, with each full 100 granting one loot bag would have been at least a bit more merciful as at least for me the end of the event degenerated pretty much to the following: Queue Roughneck with plenty of SRMs and some minor support weapons, find a really fat target mech and melt face as much as possible, hoping to score around 170 or more damage before I explode from focused enemy fire. Current format renders the how much over 100 part irrelevant as long as one reaches it. It does not matter, if one gets 101 or 613 match score. :/ And even a 99 is a waste.

In one particularly "silly" scouting run... Out of the eight players present, FIVE scored a 99 or 98, I got 89 and only two exceed 100... by a lot. :/ One thing that has been suggested a lot, I will echo 100%: Please, pretty please with sugar on top, make actual contributions other than direct damage have more of an effect on the match score. Using UAVs, air or artillery strikes, lance cohesion, capturing intelligence, holding bases in conquest, delivering energy to the towers, etc... In other words, reward people from doing useful things... OR set the limit just a little bit lower. I am most probably among the worst existing active players (as I am apparently at the very bottom of tier 5) and if the "bar" had been at 90 or even 95 points, I would have gotten a significantly higher number of the accepted results.

@All: Thank you to all who dropped with me and / or against me. I had plenty of fun matches! *hugs to all*

Thanks, I'll try to. By the way, you've got a well-written post there. We can only hope that PGI listens to all the useful feedback that's been provided. It really was kind of extreme, PGI expecting everyone to grind until their body had mech reactor burns, figuratively speaking. :(

~D. V. "Also not understanding PGI underscoring player effort..." Devnull

#298 Ertur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 565 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 11:26 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 11 November 2017 - 05:08 AM, said:

Catching up one last time...

Uhm... no... as in, No... just NO... TAG doesn't stack anyway. Posted Image

Pfffft. If one tag is good, then four must be four times more better. It just stands to reason. Posted Image

#299 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 04:50 AM

View PostBaron Blitz Fokheimer, on 10 November 2017 - 04:10 PM, said:

Posted Image

Go to hell, you heartless ********. Not a single dollar more from me.

Message support they might give you that 1 game. I hope they do. Goodluck.

#300 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 12 November 2017 - 05:32 AM

View PostErtur, on 11 November 2017 - 11:26 PM, said:

Pfffft. If one tag is good, then four must be four times more better. It just stands to reason. Posted Image

Its called redundancy! ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users