BRAVO!!!
It looks Brawlie. Altitude looks big.

#102 Genesis23

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 227 posts
  • LocationKanton Bern, Switzerland

Posted 03 November 2017 - 12:56 AM

am i the only one that played the newer transformer games and gets kinda reminded at their destroyed home planet cybertron when watching the video? looks awesome and with many possibilities to sneak around.

#103 Alvar Von Kenesthor

• PipPipPip
  • The Lanner
  • The Lanner
  • 93 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 03 November 2017 - 01:02 AM

I knew we were getting a new map since the last roadmap, but by how it was presented, I was expecting Turmaline Desert 2.0
BUT THIS ONE LOOKS FREAKING AMAZING

I cant wait to play it

#104 Genesis23

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 227 posts
  • LocationKanton Bern, Switzerland

Posted 03 November 2017 - 01:13 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 02 November 2017 - 11:39 PM, said:

Looks like another close-range brawling map.. a shame..

Coupled with the in-coming city map.. oh well..

Happy to have a new map.. such as it is..

there are loads of maps with mid-range engagements and sniping is basically useless anyway in a game where the sniper weapons are mostly heavy as **** and need to mounted on mechs that should share their armor to support their team.

#105 Keggor

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 02:07 AM

The new map looks great

#106 KHAN ATTAKHAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 446 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 03 November 2017 - 02:17 AM

Anything with jumpjets will rule this map.

#107 Mechrophilia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 397 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 02:20 AM

Isn't that Seti Alpha Six, where they found Khan?

#108 zzoxx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 133 posts
  • LocationGermany - Eifel

Posted 03 November 2017 - 02:33 AM

I really like the look and vertical setting. I'm not sure about it being overly brawly, i spotted some rather long lanes too. We'll see. But now, thanks to Paul, that we got the fog pretty much out of the way (900m Posted Image ) i wanna keep pickin on the day / night cycle. I hope there is a way to avoid this disgusting night- and heatvision because i hate it so much. It is so inflatonary overused i can barely take it anymore. Why are there pretty detailed maps, hundreds of mechs, colors, patterns, decals if all you can do is turn of the freaking light in the end and don't see anything of it but green or black & white? I don't get it. And don't give me the variety- BS, it is definitely too much. My opinion, period. Something like the old caustic was my heaven for it's lighting and visibility. Not to mention the gameplay aspect when the little obstructions become additionally invisible and hook you up exactly at the wrong moment. Dropping on Viridian Bog in the dark and rain makes me wanna press Override and martyr myself. You can't complain about only specific parts of the maps being used and on the other hand have the repetetive map layout of Outskirts > Bottleneck > Center hill or center valley, shrinking the playground. And on top limiting the accessibility even further by establishing "no go areas" by placing wiretraps. Or something like the walls surrounding the citadel basin side on River City you are stuck in forver without JJ. You can improve it with accessible vertical layers like on HPG and i hope this is what they did on the new map too. Accessibility and visibility. Please. Just dooo eeeet Posted Image

#109 Psycho Cop

• PipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 76 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 03 November 2017 - 03:05 AM

I feel like there could be a silica storm incoming at any moment!

#110 jss78

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 03 November 2017 - 03:43 AM

View Postcougurt, on 02 November 2017 - 03:49 PM, said:

have you people complaining about the fog ever heard of thermal vision? try it out next time you play caustic valley or terra therma.

IIRC, isn't thermal basically overwhelmed by the heat in Caustic Valley? I recall looking at an almost featureless white display.

I think it'd be interesting to have a foggy but cold map, so you'd rely on thermal a lot.

#111 JonDoeIowa

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 89 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 03 November 2017 - 03:45 AM

Ok, this looks like it could be a great new map to add. So after we get New York, let's see about something a little more like this. There have to be farms out there to feed all these people. In fact you can call it Tukayyid. You know the farm world they picked cause it was sparsely populated and good place for a battle?

Rolling Hills (alot bigger hills than polar please), Tree lines, put a few tractors left out in the fields, simple map really.
Posted Image

Edited by Jondoeiowa, 03 November 2017 - 03:46 AM.

#112 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 04:22 AM

View PostJondoeiowa, on 03 November 2017 - 03:45 AM, said:

Ok, this looks like it could be a great new map to add. So after we get New York, let's see about something a little more like this. There have to be farms out there to feed all these people. In fact you can call it Tukayyid. You know the farm world they picked cause it was sparsely populated and good place for a battle?

Rolling Hills (alot bigger hills than polar please), Tree lines, put a few tractors left out in the fields, simple map really.
Posted Image

Posted Image

let's get Orsons farm in there and I'll be a happy camper Posted Image

Edited by Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, 03 November 2017 - 04:24 AM.

#113 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 03 November 2017 - 04:40 AM

Posted Image

I like this a lot.
I really want to see pre-war maps. We are there to add the war effects in our giant stompy stomp stomps :)

#114 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 November 2017 - 04:48 AM

Something like this?

#115 Nam Neckcrit

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 59 posts
  • LocationBremen, Germany

Posted 03 November 2017 - 04:50 AM

yep, we also need desert dunes and tropical maps, underwater fights and a huge asteroid spinning towards the sun, like in living legends...holy **** these are impressive maps.

#116 JonDoeIowa

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 89 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 03 November 2017 - 04:58 AM

Very close, would like it more like farm fields than just grasses. But that's just personal preference.

View PostTarogato, on 03 November 2017 - 04:48 AM, said:

Something like this?

#117 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 05:03 AM

Does it have, "The Bowl Syndrome?"

A center area like Grim Plexus, Frozen City, etc. all wide and mostly open for people to NASCAR around, put Domination point in the middle where several people will not go due to limited cover and snipe over so there can be more complaining?

#118 Slambot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 203 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 05:30 AM

new map looks good... hoping for about 6 per year from here on out however... get to about 40 maps

#119 jss78

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 03 November 2017 - 06:54 AM

I've long wanted something similar, a "basic" map. Some hills -- not too steep. Some stands of trees, but generally open. A lake somewhere. It'd play great. Basically a homage to the old tabletop maps.

Posted Image

#120 Bandilly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 635 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 07:06 AM

I like it, very 3d, like the bridge on Crimson Straight on steroids yet with a more tourmaline/hpg feel. Have to see the whole map (and play it) to really know how it's going to work out.

Agreed it is a bit colorless and not as cheerful as it could be. Wouldn't be bad to see a bright and cheery farm/countryside map as suggested.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users