Farming Must Be Stoped !

196 replies to this topic

#1 -Quiet-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 06:25 AM

pgi thank you for Created single lobby mixed with pugs , new players and 12 men trolling all around

stop trolling the drop zone ,, this main reason why we never get new players
and I'm talking about all sides .. clans and IS

fix this shi%$#@

Edited by Strange Love, 04 November 2017 - 10:52 AM.

#2 IK4MS

Rookie

• The Icon
  • The Icon
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 06:44 AM

Have you tried running a 12 man? That could help.

#3 Daidachi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 461 posts
  • LocationThe Andromeda Initiative

Posted 04 November 2017 - 06:48 AM

I would like to know why you think you should be rewarded for not operating in a group, given the multiple resources out there for people in your position?

Because quite frankly, I'm not taking any of your complaints seriously.

#4 Impyrium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 04 November 2017 - 07:02 AM

View PostStrange Love, on 04 November 2017 - 06:58 AM, said:

talking about all sides.. clan and IS

this is not gaming - its taking the use of bad manage on this game and its called trolling

No, it's called being flattened by a team that is much more coordinated and better equipped than yours.

FP is not there for you to take sub-par builds in and to avoid working with a team.

#5 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 07:05 AM

View PostdenAirwalkerrr, on 04 November 2017 - 06:48 AM, said:

Jeez people you're the reason this game is losing players. So toxic.

The OP talks about having been here since day 1 of FW and should absolutely know that any inclusion of limited respawns and a timer is going to involve fights at the spawn. It would happen if it was in QP or anywhere else. The warning you have to click past to play FW that says the mode is designed for group play and you need to group up. Mixed groups and pugs win all the time. We lost to one the other day - because they played well as a team.

Newbies get a lot more gentle handling (usually). This isn't new though and nobody with Amy experience in FW should be under the impression that it is or should be a casual antisocial pug friendly environment.

#6 Juju Shinobi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 168 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 04 November 2017 - 07:08 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 04 November 2017 - 07:05 AM, said:

The OP talks about having been here since day 1 of FW and should absolutely know that any inclusion of limited respawns and a timer is going to involve fights at the spawn. It would happen if it was in QP or anywhere else. The warning you have to click past to play FW that says the mode is designed for group play and you need to group up. Mixed groups and pugs win all the time. We lost to one the other day - because they played well as a team.

Newbies get a lot more gentle handling (usually). This isn't new though and nobody with Amy experience in FW should be under the impression that it is or should be a casual antisocial pug friendly environment.

Note the person saying this, note that denair is also from EVIL, note that he's being sarcastic =)

#7 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 04 November 2017 - 07:44 AM

View PostWolfways, on 04 November 2017 - 07:38 AM, said:

While you can't fix idiots it would be possible to remove spawn camping.

Give dropships longer range and do way more damage. Also, keep them at the drop zone. There's no reason for them to leave.

10 second godmode after spawn

#8 StenKIRA

Rookie

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 07:47 AM

FP is not and should not be, or have, a "safe space" for uncoorperative pug play, thats what solo queue is for.

Edited by StenKIRA, 04 November 2017 - 07:48 AM.

#9 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 07:53 AM

View PostKin3ticX, on 04 November 2017 - 07:44 AM, said:

So if I camp my own spawn, every time I die I get 3 alphas for free at the enemy who can't shoot back?

The best option. Would be letting players pick which spawn. To drop in so you can easily shuffle if a spawn is overrun. Buffing DZs just prompts people to camp their DZ.

Edited by MischiefSC, 04 November 2017 - 07:53 AM.

#10 -Quiet-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 08:02 AM

View PostKin3ticX, on 04 November 2017 - 07:44 AM, said:

extra heat penaltie for enemy in drop zone

#11 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 08:16 AM

Good plan. We can just play patience - everyone camps behind their DZ or in it and see who just gets bored enough to go play at a heat penalty first.

Again, buffing DZ is a terrible idea. Have dropships rotate DZ or just switch when enemies are near the DZ.

#12 CIag

• PipPip
  • The Messenger
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 08:40 AM

Please no, my c-bills account thanks FW for it generous earnings.

#13 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 04 November 2017 - 10:42 AM

View PostNightbird, on 04 November 2017 - 08:26 AM, said:

Stop planting stuff then. If I see a carrot or beet or potato ripe in my garden, I'm gonna pull it up and eat it.

When matches get lopsided, it's really more "harvesting" than farming after all...we didn't "plant" that other team in this match with us.

#14 Celtic Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 507 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf Operations - Tukayyid - Honolulu HI

Posted 04 November 2017 - 01:04 PM

View PostDingo Red, on 04 November 2017 - 07:02 AM, said:

No, it's called being flattened by a team that is much more coordinated and better equipped than yours.

FP is not there for you to take sub-par builds in and to avoid working with a team.

This right here! Problem solved.

#15 -Quiet-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 01:16 PM

View PostCeltic Warrior, on 04 November 2017 - 01:04 PM, said:

This right here! Problem solved.

Negative ... because the lobby also give the option to drop solo . if pgi change that fw is only group mode . ill be cool with that
then only then Problem solved .. for now pugs, solo , groups all together .. not good dude

#16 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 01:51 PM

View PostStrange Love, on 04 November 2017 - 01:16 PM, said:

Negative ... because the lobby also give the option to drop solo . if pgi change that fw is only group mode . ill be cool with that
then only then Problem solved .. for now pugs, solo , groups all together .. not good dude

We argued hard to be allowed to pug in FW, the original intent was units only. We pugged for 2 years while being aware we were pugging in the group queue. That's why there's the warning when you go in to FW.

Maybe at this point though we just need to roll that back to groups only. There's a segment of people trying to play FW like it's QP and getting rolled by everyone - even other pugs.

Unfortunate but maybe we just need to accept that the average caliber of player is way lower. Tons of us pugged in FW 1 and FW 2 and knew what we were getting in to and played accordingly. That's uncommon now.

#17 Rick T Dangerous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 354 posts
  • LocationExactly above Earth's center

Posted 04 November 2017 - 01:58 PM

As a measure against spawn "farming" there could be a zone around the DZ, and if not a single mech from the team leaves it's DZ within 30 seconds they forfeit the match.

#18 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 04 November 2017 - 02:00 PM

Choosing drop zone could be good, just need a couple of alternate drop zone on the map. Could be also a more strategic choice !

#19 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 02:25 PM

View PostPFC Carsten, on 04 November 2017 - 02:21 PM, said:

Pretty successful so far in making FaP the barren wasteland that it is outside of bribe... err.. event times. Keep up the good work!

Fine with me, the best time I ever had in FW was when they finally split solo players from players in units so that we could pug as a unit player and actually have a team who tries while the solo queue was pretty much entirely dead, getting a match per hour.

#20 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 04 November 2017 - 02:31 PM

View PostDakota1000, on 04 November 2017 - 02:25 PM, said:

Fine with me, the best time I ever had in FW was when they finally split solo players from players in units so that we could pug as a unit player and actually have a team who tries while the solo queue was pretty much entirely dead, getting a match per hour.

That was the coolest 5 minutes or so ever. agreed. Hope they will re-try soon at this glorious success!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users