108 replies to this topic

#21 Trenchbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:23 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 10 November 2017 - 08:47 PM, said:

Another patch goes by with PGI completely ignoring the state of small pulse lasers.
Its fine... it will only take 4 more years before they realize that (C)-SPLs are extinct.

Its funny how hard PGI is resisting when a large number of players were asking them to just TRY a 5 damage C-SPL for once...

God, will C-SPL spammers ever stop whining about it getting a much-needed nerf? Do you even realize the IS version had half the damage since it was added in? Or that the weapons have the same damage on Tabletop*?

*Tabletop may not always apply, but I'm not a fan of Clans getting a random weapon buffed to completely outdo the IS version in every conceivable way because 'LOL Clans'.

If they increase C-SPL damage to 6 again, IS SPL better be raised to 7 damage to make up for the range difference.

(For those who don't understand, that '7 damage' thing is sarcasm. Neither should ever dip above 4 damage ever again. At all.)

Edited by Catten Hart, 11 November 2017 - 12:26 AM.

#22 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:33 AM

View PostCatten Hart, on 11 November 2017 - 12:23 AM, said:

God, will C-SPL spammers ever stop whining about it getting a much-needed nerf? Do you even realize the IS version had half the damage since it was added in? Or that the weapons have the same damage on Tabletop?

If they increase C-SPL damage to 6 again, IS SPL better be raised to 7 damage to make up for the range difference.

(For those who don't understand, that '7 damage' thing is sarcasm. Neither should ever dip above 4 damage ever again. At all.)

This mindset is what MWO is suffering from!

Because people who did not have a clue were being annihilated by C-SPLs, they wanted the weapon to be removed and nerfed to oblivion.

A majority of good players were telling PGI that the correct way of fixing the C-SPL was reducing its damage to 5.
(sry for the big font, seems like you didn't see it last time)

Of course true balance is not the way of PGI, because they always need something screwed so they can fill in those patch note text walls once every 4 years when they get around to fix it.

What is next?... nerf all SRMs?, remove flamers?... make MGs do 0 damage?

Edited by Navid A1, 11 November 2017 - 12:35 AM.

#23 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 760 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:35 AM

Warhorn preview (prehear) pls?

Edited by Cyrilis, 11 November 2017 - 12:35 AM.

#24 Trenchbird

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:46 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 11 November 2017 - 12:33 AM, said:

This mindset is what MWO is suffering from!

D'awwww, that's cute.

No, your information is biased and incorrect. You're assuming I don't like C-SPLs because they were something that annihilated me regularly, and I never said that. In fact, even in their prime, I only really got even hit by SPL users in either Arctic Cheetahs in QP or SPL+MG Novas in Scouting.

The problem was that the weapon was so blatantly overpowered *Compared to the competition in the same weapon bracket* and yet people willfully ignore that now, saying it's too weak. So let's do some number crunching, because obviously, this bat needs to be swung until the horse is a red mist.

Boating six Clan SPLs, pre-nerf, did a whopping 36 damage in a concentrated salvo. While I can no longer remember the refire rate, I do know it was quite low for having that much damage.

Compared to the IS SPL then and now, that is an 'incredible' 18 damage difference.

Here, I'll put it into something my 6-year-old Nephew could probably understand.

Double the damage. That's one more point per laser than IS Standard Medium Laser damage, as well, which I will display with another helpful, 6-year-old compliant equation.

So, in this amazingly simple summary;

6 tons of Clan pre-nerf SPLs does 36 damage, 6 tons of IS SPLs does 18 damage, and 6 tons of IS Medium Lasers does 30 damage. Unless you are completely unable to understand math in any way, shape or form, that is an incredibly blatant imbalance that was a complete necessity to patch.

EDIT; As for the whole '5' damage thing, no. Stop trying to buff anything on the Clan side sheerly for the sake of buffing it so it completely outdoes IS tech. We don't need a Small Pulse Laser doing the same damage in a shorter duration at a similar-but-slightly-shorter range compared the IS standard Medium Laser. It's unnecessary. 4 damage at better range leaves it superior to the IS SPL but only slightly worse damage per shot than the IS Medium Laser (And a better choice at times due to faster refire and lower heat), which is exactly where it should be.

Edited by Catten Hart, 11 November 2017 - 12:53 AM.

#25 Nema Nabojiv

• 1,783 posts
  • LocationUA

Posted 11 November 2017 - 02:06 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 10 November 2017 - 08:31 PM, said:

Crimson Strait (Domination): Spawn locations have been adjusted to improve balance relative to Domination Beacon location.

This being addressed suggests someone is monitoring mode imbalances.

BUT! What about Frozen City and Grim Plexus Domination. Those are so notoriously one sided that its almost auto win/lose depending on which respawn you happen to be in.

#26 Calebos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 02:08 AM

Cosmetic sh*t pile again. :D PGI you really deserve butt kick ...

#27 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 03:27 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 10 November 2017 - 08:31 PM, said:

Posted Image

This patch marks the release of Rubellite Oasis, our first brand-new Map since the release of Grim Plexus in March of last year.

Posted Image

This patch sees a fairly limited Quirk pass, with only the Spider and BlackJack 'Mechs receiving any Quirk adjustments.
Please note that while the new UM-68 [L] is listed in the provided PDF, all other new [L] variants releasing in this patch aren't listed in that document. Their Quirk information will be provided as part of the Reward 'Mech Countdown, located here.

Inner Sphere Quirks (PDF)

Spider
• All Structure Quirks have been converted into Armor Quirks.
Spider SDR-5D: Armor Bonus has been increased to match other variants.

Spider Design Notes: With some of the recent Light changes we feel the Spider has been sidelined a bit in favor of newer 'Mechs with more Hardpoints. We want to ensure that the Spider retains its own unique style compared to the other 'Mechs within its Weight Class, given its Hardpoint restrictions. A heavy focus on top-of-the-line Mobility, coupled with high durability, means that while the Spider doesn't carry the largest degree of firepower, it does boast unrivaled sustainability among the range of 'Mechs that can exceed 100 KPH.

Blackjack
BJ-1/BJ-1DC/BJ-2/BJ-3: Structure Quirks have been converted into Armor Quirks.

Blackjack Design Notes: While the Blackjack has seen a bit of a boost with the release of newtech, helping it in its pocket-ranged fire support niche, we feel that on many of its variants the existing Structure Quirks would be better served as Armor Quirks, allowing it to better trade more aggressively before its Armor is breached.

Map

Not sure if I am impressed or face palming dumbfounded that they are achknowledging they haven't added a map to the game in 21 months.............

Quirks

So do we get our armor tree refunded on those mechs so we can rebuild it to the armor half of the quirk tree instead of the structure half ?
sigh.....

#28 Toothless

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 861 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 03:30 AM

Man I hope PGI didnt pull a muscle or anything by putting out a patch of this magnitude.

#29 Manei Domini Krigg

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,005 posts
  • Locationred team

Posted 11 November 2017 - 03:36 AM

Nightstar need more love - this unusable with balance that we have today.

#30 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 11 November 2017 - 04:07 AM

When you wish upon a star, dreams really do come true.

Low hanging fruit and all that, but thanks PGI, you made my wish come true.
A patch with no nerfs.

Thank you blue faerie. Thank you.

#31 HGAK47

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 971 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 04:49 AM

View PostManei Domini Krigg, on 11 November 2017 - 03:36 AM, said:

Nightstar need more love - this unusable with balance that we have today.

Yea the Nightstar has been hugely underwhelming for me. Almost regret spending the money on the base and reinforcements pack if im quite honest.

#32 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 05:16 AM

*looks at notes for reversal of IS Medium Laser Nerf* ... *sigh* back to laundry.

#33 Captain Caveman DE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 511 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 06:32 AM

View PostRacerxintegra2k, on 11 November 2017 - 05:16 AM, said:

*looks at notes for reversal of IS Medium Laser Nerf* ... *sigh* back to laundry.

could have been worse.. could have been "we found that X is overperforming (based on a single mechvariant, in a single game, piloted by a single pilot, having his single beer while playing) and so we adjusted the cooldown to a more fitting 9.7 seconds."

where X is anything usable atm.

what ticks me a bit is the part with
"now that you've gotten your new shiny archer (last time), black jack etc fully skilled, we pull out the things you've skilled (structure) to give you another reason to grind some more (hey, have those armor-quirks instead)."

but.. could have been worse (see solo-kill-nightmare Posted Image )

Edited by Captain Caveman DE, 11 November 2017 - 06:33 AM.

#34 Unnatural Growth

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 06:32 AM

View PostNema Nabojiv, on 11 November 2017 - 02:06 AM, said:

This being addressed suggests someone is monitoring mode imbalances.

BUT! What about Frozen City and Grim Plexus Domination. Those are so notoriously one sided that its almost auto win/lose depending on which respawn you happen to be in.

True that.

And River City isn't much better.

#35 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 11 November 2017 - 07:10 AM

Again I copy & paste same stuff I posted in previous patch notes:

No words if audio of IS LB-X 2 is fixed when firing fast. How long before you fix this? I mean AC/2 is fine.

And of course none of this is fixed:

Will bolt-on stuff also do this? Why not fix decals first?

Not only the Archer have shadow problems, KGC and Kodiak claws also.

#36 Xoxim SC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 453 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 07:44 AM

These Thanatos quirks, and cockpit items are laughable. This thing needs armor, not structure, and more death themed items.

Edited by Todd Lightbringer, 11 November 2017 - 07:45 AM.

#37 The Boneshaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 481 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:16 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 11 November 2017 - 12:33 AM, said:

Of course true balance is not the way of PGI, because they always need something screwed so they can fill in those patch note text walls once every 4 years when they get around to fix it.

one players balance is another's imbalance. you cannot make 100% of the community happy with balancing something.

if they did what you think would be balance I guarantee at least 50% (or more) of the community would complain. they would say that is too much or too little of a buff.

#38 Nelos Kniven

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 11 November 2017 - 09:18 AM

Nice

#39 Bonzai VI

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 170 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 09:24 AM

View PostCatten Hart, on 11 November 2017 - 12:46 AM, said:

D'awwww, that's cute.

No, your information is biased and incorrect. You're assuming I don't like C-SPLs because they were something that annihilated me regularly, and I never said that. In fact, even in their prime, I only really got even hit by SPL users in either Arctic Cheetahs in QP or SPL+MG Novas in Scouting.

The problem was that the weapon was so blatantly overpowered *Compared to the competition in the same weapon bracket* and yet people willfully ignore that now, saying it's too weak. So let's do some number crunching, because obviously, this bat needs to be swung until the horse is a red mist.

Boating six Clan SPLs, pre-nerf, did a whopping 36 damage in a concentrated salvo. While I can no longer remember the refire rate, I do know it was quite low for having that much damage.

Compared to the IS SPL then and now, that is an 'incredible' 18 damage difference.

Here, I'll put it into something my 6-year-old Nephew could probably understand.

Double the damage. That's one more point per laser than IS Standard Medium Laser damage, as well, which I will display with another helpful, 6-year-old compliant equation.

So, in this amazingly simple summary;

6 tons of Clan pre-nerf SPLs does 36 damage, 6 tons of IS SPLs does 18 damage, and 6 tons of IS Medium Lasers does 30 damage. Unless you are completely unable to understand math in any way, shape or form, that is an incredibly blatant imbalance that was a complete necessity to patch.

EDIT; As for the whole '5' damage thing, no. Stop trying to buff anything on the Clan side sheerly for the sake of buffing it so it completely outdoes IS tech. We don't need a Small Pulse Laser doing the same damage in a shorter duration at a similar-but-slightly-shorter range compared the IS standard Medium Laser. It's unnecessary. 4 damage at better range leaves it superior to the IS SPL but only slightly worse damage per shot than the IS Medium Laser (And a better choice at times due to faster refire and lower heat), which is exactly where it should be.

Alright. First off, what the...?
Are you just thinking up some numbers and think that's okay?

C-SPL weren't OP compared to other weapons, they were simply OP. End of story. They made chassie like the stormcrow and nova with a bunch of hardpoints simply to strong in brawl.

Now you're trolling if you take them, they simply don't do enough damage for the heat they produce, while also having no range. It's a DPS weapon that's not able to deal DPS. (Same as the IS-MPL, but that's another story.)
So, they were OP. Now it's UP. Why not balance it so people can use it? It really seems like you just got some hate on the SPL.

And since you didn't wanna put in mwo clan laser patchnotes in google, I did that for you.

Old C-SPL had 6 dmg, 3 heat, cd 2.25 + duration 0.75
now it has 4 dmg, 2.4 heat, cd 1.9 + duration 0.6

So, the HPS was 1, now it's 0.96. All while dealing 50% less dmg.
The heat to damage ratio just randomly flew out of the window.
They either have to increase the dmg to 5, or decrease the produced heat to make it bearable to even carry the weapon.

Now unto your so easy equation that's simply wrong.
IS-SPL did 4 dmg and now deal 3.5 dmg.
If you want to go with "I'm so smart and you're so dumb" how bout going with facts instead of stuff you think is right?
It's all listed in smurfys.
That's either 24 or 21 dmg with 6 IS-SPL.
Nothing of your "but it does double dmg it's OP".
The IS-SPL is simply UP (just like the C-SPL now is) but it has lower heat and duration going for it. It's not the same weapon system. They play differently.

View PostCatten Hart, on 11 November 2017 - 12:46 AM, said:

4 damage at better range leaves it superior to the IS SPL but only slightly worse damage per shot than the IS Medium Laser (And a better choice at times due to faster refire and lower heat), which is exactly where it should be.

You know the funny thing bout what you're saying here?
Clans don't have IS medium lasers.
They can't simply take an alternative.
They have no other weapon to take when going into brawl.
Small and small pulse simply can't contest anything. The heat is way to high for the damage they deal. The only possiblity is to take C-MPL.

Seems like you want weapons that have more range to also be able to fight equally with weapons with short range.
A medium laser has a range of 270 (without 10% energy range quirk the IS has) and the C-SPL has 165 meters range and you want the medium laser to be as strong as, if not, stronger than the SPL in a direct showdown.

I hope everyone sees the irony here.

Edited by Bonzai VI, 11 November 2017 - 09:27 AM.

#40 Scanz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 783 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 09:29 AM

still no new colors for weapons ?
sucks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users