107 replies to this topic

#101 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 08:13 AM

View PostTWIAFU, on 09 December 2017 - 04:05 AM, said:

And best advice to IS players is to know that Clans will always want to use range advantage. Best way to beat them is to not allow them!

Use terrain, tactics, teamwork to advance and push. Never allow them to use that advantage or use it against them.

Good advice for anyone.

Aggression wins matches. You always want to be pushing, not getting pushed. A timid team loses a lot. Play aggressive and you're going to drive a lot of wins.

#102 eXizt

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 96 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 December 2017 - 12:35 AM

View PostTiewolf, on 06 December 2017 - 03:58 AM, said:

... If the maps/modes would be designed that poking, range, mobility and cooling aren`t the determenting factors after the team coordiantion then IS could shine too. But that is only the case in scouting. In the Invation environment clantech is much better and you need a higher player skill and level of coordination on IS side to win the day. Thats sad because scouting won`t win planets or cookies.

Posted Image ??? What else should it be then? When you remove these factors, what would remain? Full speed, straight to the enemy, spray and prey? Are you serious? Thats not gameplay, that would be like a simple rail shooter.
And for invasion, especially siege mode: you always been f...up when you forced to attack trough a needle hole. It deosn´t matter wich side. As a siege Clan attacker, you get the tonnage disadvantage in addition to the bad map design.

Generally, MWO is a team based game. If you don´t group up and play together, you get stomped by a organized enemy. That was one of my first lessons I learned. As I began to play, I realized after two days running around alone, that I need a unit. I found one and now its cool. If you don´t to join a unit or group up with others and prefer to do your own thing, than you have to deal with biting the dust against team-minded players.

View PostMischiefSC, on 09 December 2017 - 08:13 AM, said:

Aggression wins matches. You always want to be pushing, not getting pushed. A timid team loses a lot. Play aggressive and you're going to drive a lot of wins.

Thats a fact. To many players try to outtrade the enemy, although they cannot do this, caused by the lack of range or proper loadout.

#103 TWIAFU

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 10 December 2017 - 08:42 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 09 December 2017 - 08:13 AM, said:

Good advice for anyone.

Thank you MsC.

Not even aggression really, just forward momentum, never stop to damn long in one place.

This allows the enemy to advance on your position. Sitting there to long and you loose intel on enemy position, forcing someone to get that intel - usually getting an alpha or two.

Never stop to long. Never play peek a boo. Always move forward, always press the attack. Use flanks. Know your enemies weapons and ranges. Use that against them. Pay attention to habit and exploit that to it's fullest advantage.

#104 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:08 AM

Respawns work well in games that are pretty much 1 shot 1 kill and a TTK measured in < 1 second. In a game like MWO where everyone has hitpoints that degrade and do not heal it would overall make for an incredibly, incredibly shallow experience.

worked fine in MWLL and it was anything but shallow

MWLL is proof that respawns would work in MWO if the maps/gamemodes were designed with respawns in mind.

Edited by Khobai, 10 December 2017 - 09:08 AM.

#105 ANOM O MECH

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 993 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:21 AM

View PostKhobai, on 10 December 2017 - 09:08 AM, said:

worked fine in MWLL and it was anything but shallow

MWLL is proof that respawns would work in MWO if the maps/gamemodes were designed with respawns in mind.

Didn't know MWLL was a success....

#106 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:37 AM

Didn't know MWLL was a success....

it was fairly successful till PGI shut it down

#107 eXizt

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 96 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 December 2017 - 01:16 PM

MWLL had no Mechlab, wich was the reason for me not to play. Respawns working well in every game. Theres enough examples.

#108 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:48 PM

So because I won the contest ( you rock Jay! ) i was able to take the dual gauss Sliphner out for a few QP matchs... I must say this thing is crazy. Definitely requires backup of a team mate or two to keep reds at bay while recharging but my god man! It hits like a truck and I've deleted a few mediums with ease and headshots never came so easy. . I can just imagine was a 4man of thses would do.

Edited by Grus, 12 December 2017 - 12:49 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users