#21 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 02:59 PM

Go to FW tab.

On the left, click War History.

Count list of Clan wins, IS wins and Ties. Does it go back more than 2 pages? However far it goes.

Post results here. I would do it but I don't want cries of bias.

Clans have won every single FP event, ever, save the last one that was a tie, just because it ended in Pacific timezones so the Clans only won 90% not the 91% requires to win the event.

A bunch of Clan units quit playing when some coordinated teams went to IS.

#22 Fuerchtenichts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 280 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 November 2017 - 04:00 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 25 November 2017 - 02:59 PM, said:

A bunch of Clan units quit playing when some coordinated teams went to IS.

Didn't know you are are playing MWO Donald? Hard to prove but easy to claim. Posted Image

#23 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 04:33 PM

View PostFuerchtenichts, on 25 November 2017 - 04:00 PM, said:

Didn't know you are are playing MWO Donald? Hard to prove but easy to claim. Posted Image

Please. I type in complete sentences and can actually do math that adds up. Plus I can play with arms lock off, which confirms I'm not the Donald you speak of.

I'm spoken to people in Clan teams who have said they're not playing currently in FW because they feel it's not balanced because IS is OP with teams. Mostly the same people who've said before they only wanted to play against IS pugs.

Not going to name and shame. That would be naughty.

#24 Fuerchtenichts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 280 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 November 2017 - 04:51 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 25 November 2017 - 04:33 PM, said:

Please. I type in complete sentences and can actually do math that adds up. Plus I can play with arms lock off, which confirms I'm not the Donald you speak of.

I'm spoken to people in Clan teams who have said they're not playing currently in FW because they feel it's not balanced because IS is OP with teams. Mostly the same people who've said before they only wanted to play against IS pugs.

Not going to name and shame. That would be naughty.

Well, it is exactly the same argumentation technique.
1. I start with a bold claim.
2. When I am called to prove it, I refer to "morale or juristical" reasons.
3. So, in the end you can be quoted by others without any evidence which is real fake news.

Perhaps things are different in the european time zone. But it is more or less unlikely just to meet premades in every game you can't beat. I would not take these mysterious voices serious or even mention them.

#25 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 05:02 PM

View PostFuerchtenichts, on 25 November 2017 - 04:51 PM, said:

Well, it is exactly the same argumentation technique.
1. I start with a bold claim.
2. When I am called to prove it, I refer to "morale or juristical" reasons.
3. So, in the end you can be quoted by others without any evidence which is real fake news.

Perhaps things are different in the european time zone. But it is more or less unlikely just to meet premades in every game you can't beat. I would not take these mysterious voices serious or even mention them.

They're not mysterious. Again, not wanting to get dinged for name/shame but if you look in recent forum threads (a couple that were locked) you'll see some people saying IS is OP and that's why IS is dominating the event and how weak Clans are compared to IS.

There's no mystery. Sure, population overall is way down. Almost all loyalists have left long before. If you want to know who's left though because "IS OP cuz Clans are too nerfed and coordinated units no fair" you can look down the forums. It's not far.

#26 Monarch Meowrauder

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 06:31 AM

View PostBilly Ray Jr, on 22 November 2017 - 01:47 PM, said:

Faction play is a truly miserable experience. Somehow it often happens that the clanners have teames of 4 or more people and those simply kill anything in front of them. Apparently match maker doesn't count on clan technology being OP, clan players often being better and having more teams that coordinate.
It's one of the worst, most annoying match makers I've had experienced.

View PostBilly Ray Jr, on 22 November 2017 - 01:47 PM, said:

Faction play is a truly miserable experience. Somehow it often happens that the clanners have teames of 4 or more people and those simply kill anything in front of them. Apparently match maker doesn't count on clan technology being OP, clan players often being better and having more teams that coordinate.
It's one of the worst, most annoying match makers I've had experienced.

Ain't no matchmaker. Also, obligatory join or find a team...else, risk having pugs that can't seem to shoot. My first FW match I did 2.6k damage, it ain't that hard.

#27 KingCobra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 November 2017 - 07:22 AM

Welp Billy Ray CW/FP/ has been unbalanced since day 1 and over 4 years has become almost a ghost town and any help from the PGI community to help with suggestions to fix CW/FP ETC has failed and trying to sway PGI in a direction to fix this game mode is not going to happen.

RIP CW/FP BETA1 OUT

#28 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 07:26 AM

When I went to bed Clans were dominating, bar all blue. -Anyone see the bar now?

#29 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,659 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 26 November 2017 - 08:36 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 26 November 2017 - 07:26 AM, said:

When I went to bed Clans were dominating, bar all blue. -Anyone see the bar now?

10:38am CDT/4:38pm UTC-GMT Siege is approx 78% Clan. Scouting is almost all IS. Since the start of the event Siege IS has had approx 200 matches w/0%, while the Clans has had approx 45 matches w/0% since Saturday.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 26 November 2017 - 08:40 AM.

#30 Exard3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,010 posts
  • LocationEast Frisia in Germany

Posted 26 November 2017 - 08:53 AM

When I play on Clan side, IS is overpowered and when I play IS, Clan mechs are OP as ****.

It's not about me, but only about how the game is broken!

Edited by Exard3k, 26 November 2017 - 08:58 AM.

#31 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 08:55 AM

View PostExard3k, on 26 November 2017 - 08:53 AM, said:

When I play on Clan side, IS is overpowered and when I play IS, Clan mechs are OP as ****.

It's not about me, but only about the game is broken!

Hmmm. Have you considered reporting every forum post that disagrees with you or speaks I'll of whatever faction you're in? That also works well to fix "balance".

#32 TheMightySpin

• PipPipPip
  • Star Colonel
  • Star Colonel
  • 75 posts
  • LocationYour moms house

Posted 26 November 2017 - 09:21 AM

End of the day: Teamwork OPed, please nerf.

Faction is NOT the same a quick play. When new players first start playing faction, too many approach it like QP with 4 mechs. If you go and look at the planets for unit tags, you'll see there is only a handful of units actually taking planets. Choose which faction you want to play, pick one of those units and make nice with their players. Listen to your drop callers and focus fire on called targets with even a half decent team and you'll see a big upswing in this games playability.

If you want to play FP, you NEED to roll with a unit. FP teams can't be carried by 2 or 3 players like QP.

#33 Honeybadgers

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 76 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 12:53 PM

When two pugs aren't talking to each other, Clan usually wins invasion, IS usually dominates scouting.

I think there just aren't enough IS players. They need to incentivize faction play rewards even more. More players would balance this game a little more, and show PGI that we do need the stormcrow back in scouting. But as it is, since we dominate invasion, they need the buffs from dominating scouting. It's bad balance, but it's balance.

Edited by Honeybadgers, 26 November 2017 - 01:06 PM.

#34 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 01:29 PM

View PostHoneybadgers, on 26 November 2017 - 12:53 PM, said:

When two pugs aren't talking to each other, Clan usually wins invasion, IS usually dominates scouting.

I think there just aren't enough IS players. They need to incentivize faction play rewards even more. More players would balance this game a little more, and show PGI that we do need the stormcrow back in scouting. But as it is, since we dominate invasion, they need the buffs from dominating scouting. It's bad balance, but it's balance.

Stormcrow wouldn't matter - HBK IIC and Huntsman are better in almost every role since smalls got nerfed to ****.

#35 Mechsniper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 457 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 November 2017 - 01:39 PM

A huge problem here is that a proper ingame lobby was never developed to group players up. You start this game with 0 contacts or help getting them. Just you and an ingame chat or mic. TS3 servers were a happening place when we started this game.
Now get on and see. MS is dominating because they are a unit working together on coms. Not to mention they are very experienced doing so. When CI was at its peak there were over 150 active players in the unit and we had 3 to 5 dropships running at once. I went to TS3 today after an 8 month hiatus. Crickets. Almost exclusively MS, and surprise, they are moving the win for the clans because they are clan this round.
PGI used to even get on TS. Remember at launch when Paul got on TS and was giving away small prizes of MC for whatever he felt like? It kicked it off and we had a game.
I don't think we can ever get back the hordes of MechWarrior lifetime fans that have came, gotten frustrated with the mis-steps in balance and matchmaking. Some fault must be put in the leadership of the large units that have came and left. A certain type of ego gets the votes to run a unit many times, and is self destructive for the unit inevitably. Try hards have a place, but quickly alienate the masses that just want to have fun if put in charge of all. IS mechs... I have no issue using their strengths and killing clan mechs 1 v 1 or otherwise. Its not the arrow anymore IMHO.
PGI needs to do something unprecedented and either change the frontend to where you join in a "lounge" where you form groups to interact and team up, or partner with TS3 as it initially looked like they were going to do and make it an add on that you drop into.
Without something to pull pugs together, I fear we will not see a resurgence of Unit building. Goals, rewards, and a guiding hand to put players in an environment where they can do so with ease is a start. Here's hoping. I'd like to not wait years and see MWO die a slow death and then be another decade before seeing the title rebooted if ever.

#36 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 26 November 2017 - 02:01 PM

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 23 November 2017 - 10:33 PM, said:

No Matchmaker in Faction Warfare as far as I know.

"Matchmaker" in CW is;

12man v 12man first.
12man v Skirmish Group (12man made of smaller groups, no solo)
12man v Solo

#37 Invictus XVII

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 07:10 AM

IS win the game when clanner kids play, they mostly stand still and facetank the damage - but then clock hits 19:00 for me and clans become idiotically hard to kill as most grownup players come home from work.

Clans arent hard to beat when most of their team is on the left side of the bellcurve. But when skilled veterans hits skilled IS veterans, clans always seem to win due to their freakishly OP lightweight, longrange, better damage weaponry - and overall superior weaponplacements, speed, agility and hitboxes.

The only drawback to clans have is their heat, but it doesnt matter when you can sport 80-90 point laservomit punches and know how to aim.

An atlas with 100 point ct? no problem, 2 clan mediums drops it in 5 seconds. Doesnt stand a chance cause its stupidly slow, huge with no turnspeed to speak of, just like most IS mechs. Speaking of which, just like all IS mechs, its guns are placed on its legs. Attacking it from slight uphill or slight downhill means its dead regardless, cause it cant even look up or down. Since most maps are fought at a 30-40degree up/downhill slope most of the time, IS have a really hard time due to the hardpoints being situated on average somewhere between feet and navel.

GG pgi.

IS is supposed to be bulky and be able to force their way in to close range to deal damage, but they cant do that role due to map design and forced objectives.
Their weapons are too short range and the armor is too weak to take the punishment of rushing through 800m of open terrain at the average speed of 68kph when AMS cant even remotely protect you unless you have 2 of them per mech in a tight formation. You get to choose between having actual guns or +10kph with 4 medium lasers (provided you even have more even have the hardpoints) - cause all the equipment and engines IS sports are so damned heavy you end up never using any of the options. And even then you overheat by shooting those medium lasers more than 3 times in a row.

So when you crossed the field and 70% of your team is now dead, youre at 40%HP yourself, you have to wresstle stormcrows and novas and secondline Clan LRM/STREAK/SRM boats, but oh wait you cant, mechs cant melee (which would have been IS greatest area of combat). Gamemodes on maps which greatly favors Clan playstyle over IS, is also apparently "great game/level design"

And for whatever reason, PGI decided at one point that players shouldnt be allowed to know the map in advance so one could adjust the loadout beforehand to fit the map - which would solve a whole lot of issues.

You know, so you would actually have the guns that works on that map. Which is so unbelievably stupid on a galactic scale that "i cant even".. not just on a gameplay perspective but also on a lore perspective. I mean, its like the U.S army would deploy troops on snowscooters with crossbows and filling their pockets with lead and spagehtti because "it would be more balanced that way" in afghani mountains and then tell the soliders to get more skill to win vs a swarm of lightweight ISIS fighters with AK's and trucks sporting MGs and rocketlaunchers.

Point is, If your gear is greatly inferior, it doesnt matter how skilled you are, especially when PGI forces players into situations theyre not equiped to deal with, with stupid gamemodes that flat out rejects any and all tactical situations you might have had with your mech that could actually work, because PGI reasons. They want you to braveheart your way with snowscooters and crossbows on wonky unfavourable terrain and face the music D-day style.

And pgi wonders why IS players are so salty about these things. Its like they never play their own game, or even think.

And then you have the situations where people coordinate their loadout, like 12 clan lrm80 cancerboats in a single drop, wihch will kill you about as fast as it takes for those missiles to reach you. Because PGI decided that targetlock homing noskill cancer rain with no possible counter is a great idea when most maps lack sufficient cover. I mean really? no flares, no smokepopping or reactive armor? no way to break the lock or disperse incoming missiles other than ams that can only shave 8 dmg off a 80point lrm salvo. gtfo.

Edited by Fishbaws, 27 November 2017 - 11:39 AM.

#38 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 01:18 PM

View PostTWIAFU, on 26 November 2017 - 02:01 PM, said:

"Matchmaker" in CW is;

12man v 12man first.
12man v Skirmish Group (12man made of smaller groups, no solo)
12man v Solo

I'm not saying that's something you made up.

But do you have eva dense of official communications from PGI to the effect that FW has a matchmaker.

And in fact if as you said FW does indeed have a match maker, which I believe it doesn't, then said match maker is doing a poor job.

Otherwise it would seem you are spreading alternative facts.

Naughty Naughty.

#39 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts
  • LocationCurrently dodging the pugs war crimes tribunal

Posted 27 November 2017 - 02:27 PM

View PostFishbaws, on 27 November 2017 - 07:10 AM, said:

IS win the game when clanner kids play, they mostly stand still and facetank the damage - but then clock hits 19:00 for me and clans become idiotically hard to kill as most grownup players come home from work.

Clans arent hard to beat when most of their team is on the left side of the bellcurve. But when skilled veterans hits skilled IS veterans, clans always seem to win due to their freakishly OP lightweight, longrange, better damage weaponry - and overall superior weaponplacements, speed, agility and hitboxes.

The only drawback to clans have is their heat, but it doesnt matter when you can sport 80-90 point laservomit punches and know how to aim.

An atlas with 100 point ct? no problem, 2 clan mediums drops it in 5 seconds. Doesnt stand a chance cause its stupidly slow, huge with no turnspeed to speak of, just like most IS mechs. Speaking of which, just like all IS mechs, its guns are placed on its legs. Attacking it from slight uphill or slight downhill means its dead regardless, cause it cant even look up or down. Since most maps are fought at a 30-40degree up/downhill slope most of the time, IS have a really hard time due to the hardpoints being situated on average somewhere between feet and navel.

GG pgi.

IS is supposed to be bulky and be able to force their way in to close range to deal damage, but they cant do that role due to map design and forced objectives.
Their weapons are too short range and the armor is too weak to take the punishment of rushing through 800m of open terrain at the average speed of 68kph when AMS cant even remotely protect you unless you have 2 of them per mech in a tight formation. You get to choose between having actual guns or +10kph with 4 medium lasers (provided you even have more even have the hardpoints) - cause all the equipment and engines IS sports are so damned heavy you end up never using any of the options. And even then you overheat by shooting those medium lasers more than 3 times in a row.

So when you crossed the field and 70% of your team is now dead, youre at 40%HP yourself, you have to wresstle stormcrows and novas and secondline Clan LRM/STREAK/SRM boats, but oh wait you cant, mechs cant melee (which would have been IS greatest area of combat). Gamemodes on maps which greatly favors Clan playstyle over IS, is also apparently "great game/level design"

And for whatever reason, PGI decided at one point that players shouldnt be allowed to know the map in advance so one could adjust the loadout beforehand to fit the map - which would solve a whole lot of issues.

You know, so you would actually have the guns that works on that map. Which is so unbelievably stupid on a galactic scale that "i cant even".. not just on a gameplay perspective but also on a lore perspective. I mean, its like the U.S army would deploy troops on snowscooters with crossbows and filling their pockets with lead and spagehtti because "it would be more balanced that way" in afghani mountains and then tell the soliders to get more skill to win vs a swarm of lightweight ISIS fighters with AK's and trucks sporting MGs and rocketlaunchers.

Point is, If your gear is greatly inferior, it doesnt matter how skilled you are, especially when PGI forces players into situations theyre not equiped to deal with, with stupid gamemodes that flat out rejects any and all tactical situations you might have had with your mech that could actually work, because PGI reasons. They want you to braveheart your way with snowscooters and crossbows on wonky unfavourable terrain and face the music D-day style.

And pgi wonders why IS players are so salty about these things. Its like they never play their own game, or even think.

And then you have the situations where people coordinate their loadout, like 12 clan lrm80 cancerboats in a single drop, wihch will kill you about as fast as it takes for those missiles to reach you. Because PGI decided that targetlock homing noskill cancer rain with no possible counter is a great idea when most maps lack sufficient cover. I mean really? no flares, no smokepopping or reactive armor? no way to break the lock or disperse incoming missiles other than ams that can only shave 8 dmg off a 80point lrm salvo. gtfo.

Lol. Serious question. Who do you get your kool aid from and is there more?

#40 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 02:52 PM

View PostFishbaws, on 27 November 2017 - 07:10 AM, said:

stuff

Okay. I'm the first to say that balance is off in favor of the Clans, has been since the nerfs to IS about the time of the KDK3 release and has gotten worse over time.

However LRMs are terrible. If you're dying to LRMs you're playing wrong.

Strategy and tactics is the name of the game in FW. It's how you handle every single map/mode and there's strats for every single map/mode combo from each side. The worst situation at all is attacking Boreal in Siege; that's the single most one-sided situation to be in and you can still do it, it's just hard. At one time it was Domination on Alpine, because the circle was in a place where one side was utterly ****** trying to get in it. Now that it's removed it's back to attacking Boreal.

A lot of this seems to come down to experience and skills, which are something you develop with time and ideally with the help of other experienced players. I strongly recommend getting on a TS hub and playing with a group and asking for help with builds.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users