Eliminate Groups From Playing Scouting Mode

133 replies to this topic

#1 buryingbeetle

• PipPip
  • Sergeant
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 04:26 PM

I understand the idea of "Faction Play" being for serious players. However I think that scout mode should be for pugs. When I play a scout mission and I see a major team vs pugs... I think its a little unfair at the least.

If you want Invasion mode to be serious... fine. But don't limit people who just want some fun to only quickdrops.

#2 Leggin Ho

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 495 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationBristol, Va

Posted 01 December 2017 - 04:37 PM

They include it in FP to gain advantage with Radar etc.. so it's part of the group game mode, not QP.

#3 buryingbeetle

• PipPip
  • Sergeant
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 04:44 PM

View PostLeggin Ho, on 01 December 2017 - 04:37 PM, said:

They include it in FP to gain advantage with Radar etc.. so it's part of the group game mode, not QP.

That may be so... but if you want to "Include" everyone in faction play then make a mode for pugs and others to drop. Its not like K-Com and other groups that farm pugs can't drop, they can just drop with everyone else.

So the real question is "Is FP only for units or is it for everyone?" . If its only for units... then you are right. If it includes everyone then everyone should be able to play.

#4 Helsbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationThe frozen hell that is Wisconsin.

Posted 01 December 2017 - 04:49 PM

Or, you could round up a few friends and learn to shoot, move, and communicate. It works even better if you're laughing so hard you can't shoot straight because one of them is yelling "OH GOD IT BURNS!!!!" Otherwise, just accept that you'll be saddled with people that are damn proud of that lurm Oxide and the firepower it brings to the scouting experience.

#5 buryingbeetle

• PipPip
  • Sergeant
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 05:01 PM

Its fine. However currently FP isn't fun for anyone who doesn't want to be part of a unit. If you don't want PUGS to play then don't have them play. Make it impossible for them to play unless they are part of a unit.

A pug stomp isn't fun when you are on the receiving side.

#6 Bonzai VI

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 170 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 05:16 PM

A pug stomp isn't fun when you're on the delivering side either.

#7 Serial Number

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 204 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 05:36 PM

Here we go again... So now it's crying over groups stomping in scouting? Lmao.

#8 buryingbeetle

• PipPip
  • Sergeant
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 05:43 PM

View PostSerial Number, on 01 December 2017 - 05:36 PM, said:

Here we go again... So now it's crying over groups stomping in scouting? Lmao.

Well here's the thing. You should give public players SOME way to play FW.

Should it only be Unit vs Unit?

Do you want Public Users to Play at all? Because from what I'm hearing its a resounding "NO". I get that the competitive types want to win. Somehow I feel like they "Want the game to be all about them".

I mean I came back from a 3 year break hoping the game would be better. Competitive groups should be able to face each other, however they shouldn't dominate a game mode.

I mean really... do you find this fun when there isn't any serious competition?

Edited by buryingbeetle, 01 December 2017 - 05:44 PM.

#9 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 06:07 PM

The floor is higher in FP, if it's too high for you then stay in QP until you get tired of it and want to enjoy group play with planning before each drop.

#10 denAirwalkerrr

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 06:10 PM

How about at least trying to find friends to play this game with before creating such posts?

#11 Arjohan

• PipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 94 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 06:11 PM

It is a Group focused gamemode.
Want to PuG on it?
GIT
GUD
Or get people to get it together.

Edited by Arjohan, 01 December 2017 - 06:13 PM.

#12 Amatsukaze

• PipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 98 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 01 December 2017 - 06:17 PM

View Postburyingbeetle, on 01 December 2017 - 05:01 PM, said:

Its fine. However currently FP isn't fun for anyone who doesn't want to be part of a unit.

The very bedrock of this game is about group play. Even in Solo QP the 12 strangers that decide to communicate & work together will prevail. There is no getting around that.

The notion that groups shouldnt be allowed to participate because "you" dont want to be part of a group is not only ludicrous but narcissistic as hell.

Get gud, get in a unit & get in the fight. You will have allot more fun because of it.

#13 denAirwalkerrr

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 06:32 PM

Also I have an idea. How about eliminating all game modes aside from comp play so that pugs no longer will be able to play this game. Would be so great.

#14 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 01 December 2017 - 07:00 PM

Most frustrating thing on this game ever is playing solo in faction play, Can't believe people actually like it.

If you don't want PUGS to play then don't have them play.

I like unitless pugsels in faction cause I can try getting them in my unit. :P
Recruiting in quick play get's you mostly dedicated quick players which I do not need at all.

#15 MisterSomaru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 252 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 07:15 PM

There are several resources for dropping in groups for CW, like team speak, discords, hell, even some streamers.

Biggest and easiest though is to get friends.

#16 Wolfways

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 01 December 2017 - 07:45 PM

View Postburyingbeetle, on 01 December 2017 - 05:43 PM, said:

Well here's the thing. You should give public players SOME way to play FW.

Should it only be Unit vs Unit?

No. It's a game (and FW was supposed to be the game). It should be for anyone who wants to play.

Do you want Public Users to Play at all? Because from what I'm hearing its a resounding "NO". I get that the competitive types want to win. Somehow I feel like they "Want the game to be all about them".

Spot on.
Elitist players say they don't want pugs in the game, and pgi is fine with that because it means they don't have to put any effort into making a MM (They don't have one in QP either. Tiers are just how long you've played).
And then people are surprised that the game is dying Posted Image

I mean I came back from a 3 year break hoping the game would be better. Competitive groups should be able to face each other, however they shouldn't dominate a game mode.

I mean really... do you find this fun when there isn't any serious competition?

Of course they do, otherwise they'd complete the objective instead of farming the pugs.
Big thank you to MS for at least coming out of the gates and getting it over with fast Posted Image

I recently came back from a long break too. Nothing changed apart from more mechs, weapons, and a few maps.

#17 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 07:55 PM

View Postburyingbeetle, on 01 December 2017 - 04:26 PM, said:

I understand the idea of "Faction Play" being for serious players. However I think that scout mode should be for pugs. When I play a scout mission and I see a major team vs pugs... I think its a little unfair at the least.

If you want Invasion mode to be serious... fine. But don't limit people who just want some fun to only quickdrops.

Faction warfare in all of its permutations is PGI's "end game." So, I vote no to your suggestion. If you just "want some fun," maybe you're not trying hard enough for your faction (who are honestly, really, only playing for fun anyway; yes, I know it's mildly ironic).

#18 Xiphias

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 862 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 08:15 PM

Its fine. However currently FP isn't fun for anyone who doesn't want to be part of a unit. If you don't want PUGS to play then don't have them play. Make it impossible for them to play unless they are part of a unit.

A pug stomp isn't fun when you are on the receiving side.

It's definitely not impossible to play FW without a unit. I solo drop in scouting and I don't have a problem winning the majority of my matches, even when playing against groups. Scouting is great because a single player can have a much greater impact in it than in any other mode.

It's absolutely possible for a good player to carry a match even against groups, and even more so if you have competent players on your side. There's nothing more fun that a "pug stomp" where a collection of pugs rolls over a group. The problem is when people ignore the warning and then get rolled because they aren't prepared for it. It's not really a place for new players.

#19 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 12:21 AM

Will pugs realise, that u dont need to be in a unit to play in groups? Comstage? LFG? Faction TS?

P.s. not all units have fixed rules, comp only, what ever u think unit means

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 02 December 2017 - 12:22 AM.

#20 PFC Carsten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 02 December 2017 - 01:21 AM

View Postburyingbeetle, on 01 December 2017 - 04:44 PM, said:

So the real question is "Is FP only for units or is it for everyone?" . If its only for units... then you are right. If it includes everyone then everyone should be able to play.

It is designed - poorly as it is - for units with PUGs serving as meat thrown into the grinder to keep groups happy and rich. This way, PGI thinks they can keep the money flowing to sustain their living. If you're not happy with it, vote with your wallet or just leave Faction Play to the poor guys (PUGs) not realizing this ugly truth.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users