#21 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:20 PM

Mice?

Meh! I haven't used one in ... ahem ... for a very long time.

This is what I use instead of that rodent:

Posted Image

#22 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:06 AM

I use a simple cheap 15$ logitech mouse with six buttons. Two side buttons comes in handy as I can use more weapon groupings without having to do keyboard yoga to fire 3-6 on the keyboard. It really helps piloting my lights making the 4ml ssrm jenner builds great again. Logitech m510 and a $2 mouse pad from a thrift store with simba on it. I notice a lot of products just use the word gaming to jack up their price to absurd levels.

#23 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:50 AM

View Postslide, on 05 December 2017 - 08:26 PM, said:

Yeah getting a better mouse can make a huge difference.

I used to play MWO at work and at home, I had the same mouse on both machines so swapping between the 2 was no issue. Then about 2 years ago I bought myself a decent Razor gaming mouse and the matching mouse pad to go with it. The difference is amazing. My performance went up (accuracy) and I can no longer play MWO at work because the mouse just aims so terribly (yet I use it all the time for CAD/modeling work). It's like the mouse is drunk.

The DPI buttons are really useful. If you are zoomed in trying to snipe or shoot long range I just it the DPI button which halves the dpi. Much smoother and easier to aim. Then when I zoom out hit the dpi (normal) button and back to twisting at full speed.

I think my next investment might be a bigger monitor. Currently a 22" thinking about going 27" or even 30". Can anyone vouch for bigger monitors having any effect?

I'm using a 27" 2560x1440 144hz panel. I think having a larger wider screen with higher res and higher POV (I have it at 90) will give you an added advantage in the battlefield. You can spot an enemy at the side whom you'd otherwise not.

#24 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:58 AM

View PostXavori, on 05 December 2017 - 11:39 AM, said:

You don't actually need a new mouse.

1. Reduce mouse sensitivity.
2. Buy a huge freakin' mouse pad. Better yet, just turn your entire desk into a mouse pad if possible.
3. Aim with your arm, not your hand (unless like me your arm is literally strapped to your side because of shoulder surgery)
4. Match your mouse DPI to your monitor and to what makes you feel comfortable. There is no magic bullet for this one. You actually have to try things and see what keeps you from over or under-shooting your targets when moving the mouse.
5. Go find a game that lets your practice precision shooting. I personally use Overwatch because the training room lets you set headshot only, you can pick a sniper character (Widowmaker), and then an enemy that can't hurt you (Anna) which makes practicing precision shooting easier.

As for the mouse you're shilling, nowhere near enough buttons for MWO Posted Image

funnily i do fairly well and i am a wrist only aimer. if you can handle proper DPI's and have a good sense for movement you dont# need a large area and move your entire arm.

#25 ocular tb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 542 posts
  • LocationCaught Somewhere in Time

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:58 AM

I use the Logitech M570 trackball. Whenever I try to play MWO with a regular mouse it just feels.... weird and sloppy and I'm rendered much less capable than I would be with my trackball. Obviously regular mice work well for others, but not for me. Trying different hardware and controls schemes and figuring out what works is part of the fun. Just gotta find something that works for you.

#26 Spam Lanwalker

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 89 posts
  • Locationin a kitchen, always :(

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:05 AM

due , that is NOT a good mouse

View PostBombast, on 05 December 2017 - 01:40 PM, said:

The rare double shill - One for a mouse (OP) and one for a game (Xavori).

Why isn't there a 'no solicitation' option in the forum settings?

lol pull the stick out ya arse bro xD

#27 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:42 AM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 05 December 2017 - 05:56 PM, said:

Nope, in this case it's just simple physics. No mass is more responsive than some mass, but you can't have zero mass.

Unless you have the arm of a 90year old, a lighter mouse cant be more accurate anbd certainly will be less acurate since you will feel it less. You cant be precise with something you dont feel and theres no disparity enough in mouse weight to make you have a hard time to move the heavier ones(i hope). In the end it comes down to preference, what you are used to and everyone different physiology like the size, weight and strength of your own body. I dont know where you get your "its simple physic"but you are 100% wrong in this case. On a mouse "scale", a lighter mouse isnt more responsive, unless you have difficulty lifting cutlery.

#28 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:38 AM

View PostXavori, on 05 December 2017 - 11:39 AM, said:

You don't actually need a new mouse.

1. Reduce mouse sensitivity.
2. Buy a huge freakin' mouse pad. Better yet, just turn your entire desk into a mouse pad if possible.
3. Aim with your arm, not your hand (unless like me your arm is literally strapped to your side because of shoulder surgery)
4. Match your mouse DPI to your monitor and to what makes you feel comfortable. There is no magic bullet for this one. You actually have to try things and see what keeps you from over or under-shooting your targets when moving the mouse.
5. Go find a game that lets your practice precision shooting. I personally use Overwatch because the training room lets you set headshot only, you can pick a sniper character (Widowmaker), and then an enemy that can't hurt you (Anna) which makes practicing precision shooting easier.

As for the mouse you're shilling, nowhere near enough buttons for MWO Posted Image

There's this thing called repeated stress injury, that is how you get it. Don't do this. Just don't.

Edited by Satan n stuff, 06 December 2017 - 03:58 AM.

#29 Zh0u

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 393 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:53 AM

Agreed with OP. I just recently got the Logitech G402 from the Black Friday sale, and its one of the mouse that supports Mac OS (I play on the Mac via GeForce Now), and with the multiple button mapping, I feel more comfortable during games.

#30 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 04:33 AM

View PostBombast, on 05 December 2017 - 01:40 PM, said:

The rare double shill - One for a mouse (OP) and one for a game (Xavori).

Why isn't there a 'no solicitation' option in the forum settings?

Telling people that my game got better because i upgraded my mouse is a bad thing? I've been using the same wireless logitec mouse for well over 10 years, heck probably 15 its been so long now.

Having upgraded it is obvious that mouse tech has improved over that time with them being more precise, which is something i didn't really think was an issue. Maybe there are other folks in the same boat as i am, that never gave it a thought and maybe a mouse upgrade would help.

I could careless what people buy, I just posted a link of the one i did because i have large hands, and it works perfectly for me. I normally have trouble buying gloves, even XL, or size 10+ don't fit, so this much larger mouse fits my hand far better than the 3 inch logitec i had used for the last decade. It's a budget mouse, that is an option. But what ever mouse a person wants to upgrade too, perhaps it would help them as it did me.

I would hope others that have had this same experience would post the mouses they use, that helped them.

Edited by JC Daxion, 06 December 2017 - 05:31 AM.

#31 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:33 AM

http://www.planar.co...plays/qe/touch/

Why you even messing about with mice and keyboards? With a 98" touch screen you become an aimbot.

#32 Jun Watarase

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:53 AM

Wouldnt reducing mouse sensitivity have the same effect as changing DPI?

#33 So You Say

• PipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • 75 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:23 PM

View Postslide, on 05 December 2017 - 08:26 PM, said:

Yeah getting a better mouse can make a huge difference.

I used to play MWO at work and at home, I had the same mouse on both machines so swapping between the 2 was no issue. Then about 2 years ago I bought myself a decent Razor gaming mouse and the matching mouse pad to go with it. The difference is amazing. My performance went up (accuracy) and I can no longer play MWO at work because the mouse just aims so terribly (yet I use it all the time for CAD/modeling work). It's like the mouse is drunk.

The DPI buttons are really useful. If you are zoomed in trying to snipe or shoot long range I just it the DPI button which halves the dpi. Much smoother and easier to aim. Then when I zoom out hit the dpi (normal) button and back to twisting at full speed.

I think my next investment might be a bigger monitor. Currently a 22" thinking about going 27" or even 30". Can anyone vouch for bigger monitors having any effect?

Go big or go home. 34" ultrawide in 3440x1440 is the best format for MWO. You will feel like your in the cockpit.

#34 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:28 PM

View Postsycocys, on 06 December 2017 - 06:33 AM, said:

http://www.planar.co...plays/qe/touch/

Why you even messing about with mice and keyboards? With a 98" touch screen you become an aimbot.

I think it's one of those things that looks great on paper but in practice doesnt work. I have a touchscreen laptop and i only use it when im too lazy (or forgot) the mouse. The trackpad is better when you need to move the cursor around the screen, touch is only good for clicking, not tracking. People would be using touchscreen in fps already if they were anygood.

#35 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:32 PM

View PostJun Watarase, on 06 December 2017 - 06:53 AM, said:

Wouldnt reducing mouse sensitivity have the same effect as changing DPI?

Yes, but some mice have easily accessable DPI change buttons, so you can change it on the fly without using a menu.

I find it usefull as you can have one DPI for snap shots and a lower DPI for long range sniper fire for holding a steady lazor burn on one component at 1000 metres plus.

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 06 December 2017 - 12:32 PM.

#36 Asym

• Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:52 PM

Mice ! I want a fully programmable flight stick so people with hand handicaps can actually play one handed..... I couldn't get my flight stick to work so I use the Logitec 300 series gaming mouse. cheap and it works.

#37 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 04:09 PM

View PostDAYLEET, on 06 December 2017 - 02:42 AM, said:

Unless you have the arm of a 90year old, a lighter mouse cant be more accurate anbd certainly will be less acurate since you will feel it less. You cant be precise with something you dont feel and theres no disparity enough in mouse weight to make you have a hard time to move the heavier ones(i hope). In the end it comes down to preference, what you are used to and everyone different physiology like the size, weight and strength of your own body. I dont know where you get your "its simple physic"but you are 100% wrong in this case. On a mouse "scale", a lighter mouse isnt more responsive, unless you have difficulty lifting cutlery.

Nope. You don't need to feel the mouse at all, all you need to do is be able to correlate the motion of your hand with the motion of the cursor. Having more or less mass is irrelevant to that process, having more does make the momentum in your hand an impediment to precision when you are making fast motions back and forth.

Also, you are 100% wrong.

View PostSatan n stuff, on 06 December 2017 - 03:38 AM, said:

There's this thing called repeated stress injury, that is how you get it. Don't do this. Just don't.

Using your lower arm to move the mouse is exactly what you are supposed to do to avoid such injury. Using your wrist is how you get Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.

#38 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 04:35 PM

View PostDAYLEET, on 06 December 2017 - 12:28 PM, said:

I think it's one of those things that looks great on paper but in practice doesnt work. I have a touchscreen laptop and i only use it when im too lazy (or forgot) the mouse. The trackpad is better when you need to move the cursor around the screen, touch is only good for clicking, not tracking. People would be using touchscreen in fps already if they were anygood.

you don't need to track anything manually, just write a macro that makes the mouse move to your tap

basically the same thing an aimbot does, but you choose the aimpoint to snap to - and should easily fall under the macro rules because you are inputting the action

#39 Accused

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 989 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 04:57 PM

View PostLily from animove, on 06 December 2017 - 01:58 AM, said:

funnily i do fairly well and i am a wrist only aimer. if you can handle proper DPI's and have a good sense for movement you dont# need a large area and move your entire arm.

Next thing you'll say having a microphone boom with shockmounts isn't necessary for proper voip, well let me tell you you're wrong!

#40 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:33 PM

View Postsycocys, on 06 December 2017 - 04:35 PM, said:

you don't need to track anything manually, just write a macro that makes the mouse move to your tap

basically the same thing an aimbot does, but you choose the aimpoint to snap to - and should easily fall under the macro rules because you are inputting the action

I've tried playing the same game using a touchscreen vs a mouse, and the mouse is superior.

Basically, an android game, using Vysor to run the entire phone on Windows and thus use the kbm to play War with Friends, which is a touch-screen crosshair game. You could also do the same with a bluetooth mouse linked to the phone. Touching the screen instantly fires at that point, but the problem is the finger blocks your view, and due to the contact of flesh on screen, it's not precise. While using a mouse to play the same game, your usage of the ingame crosshair becomes precise and you hit exactly where you want to shoot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users