Should Incursion Be In Fp?

64 replies to this topic

#21 ANOM O MECH

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 993 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:32 AM

View PostHazeclaw, on 08 December 2017 - 01:53 PM, said:

If one side is even remotely coordinated and drops fast mechs first wave, there's not much to be done against the zerg rush. Clans do this with lights and IS does it with assassins (which is even worse). Given how much time it often takes to get into a FP match it's dumb that it ends in 3 minutes by shooting some buildings with no actual PvP combat, and teams will do this just to quickly get over the drop and get into a new mode because nobody likes incursion. So why even have it in rotation?

I hate rushing and wish that there was some sort of kill minimum to get a victory. Objectives should be a fall back plan, not a way to avoid fighting all together....

#22 Daryl Hannah From Clan Cave Bear

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:46 AM

The game mode can be removed, but not changed. The definition of incursion matches the style of game required to win the match. It sucks, but its an accurate representation of an incursion.

#23 TWIAFU

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:33 AM

View PostLady Alexandra Cousland, on 09 December 2017 - 06:20 AM, said:

Buff the turrets with 2 light machine guns and 2 large pulse and buff their health. Posted Image

Won't matter, Stealth Armor.

#24 McHoshi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:45 AM

Incursion in FP need some serious Workover!
Those Turrets on Incursion Maps are nothing more than some bad Jokes.

#25 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:58 AM

yes incursion should be in FP

but base rushing shouldnt be a thing

only the dropship should be able to damage buildings (but only the four HQ buildings should be destructible not the towers)

so calling in the dropship would actually be important

jamming could protect your HQ buildings from being locked on by the dropship

radar could cancel out enemy jamming so your dropship could shoot the HQs again

thered be a reason for all three and a reason to fight over the batteries.

Edited by Khobai, 12 December 2017 - 10:01 AM.

#26 Husker Dude

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • 319 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:54 AM

I actually like there being a second win condition, besides wiping out the enemy team, to keep an overmatched team in the game, in case the other team gets too aggressive with their farming. I do agree, though, that teams that run a base rush right off the bat aren't doing the rest of the player base any favors. The option should be there to keep both teams honest, but gameplay should facilitate actual combat first.

#27 Daryl Hannah From Clan Cave Bear

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:01 PM

View PostKhobai, on 12 December 2017 - 09:58 AM, said:

but base rushing shouldnt be a thing

Please look up the definition of incursion. Thank you

#28 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:02 PM

Please look up the definition of incursion. Thank you

it doesnt have to be called incursion

in fact incursion should be called assault because youre assaulting a base

and assault gamemode is more of an incursion, especially since youre not assaulting anything

swap the names. thank you.

Edited by Khobai, 12 December 2017 - 01:05 PM.

#29 Quandoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 220 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:14 PM

What sucks more are 12-1 matches, where you still have to rush the enemies base to win.
Meh. Like a win gives you anything, its all about combat and dmg for rating.

Edited by Quandoo, 12 December 2017 - 01:14 PM.

#30 Daryl Hannah From Clan Cave Bear

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:32 PM

View PostKhobai, on 12 December 2017 - 01:02 PM, said:

it doesnt have to be called incursion

in fact incursion should be called assault because youre assaulting a base

and assault gamemode is more of an incursion, especially since youre not assaulting anything

swap the names. thank you.

You did not look it up. The use of incursion over assault refers to the speed at which the assault occurs. Complaining that its a base rush mode is ignorant of the intended mode. Like saying, "Let's play basketball, but the winning team is the team that dribbles the most, not the team that scores the most baskets."

#31 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 04:46 PM

Easy LB rush for the win and 12 tokens...

#32 Kennitt

Rookie

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 10:37 AM

Classic quick play mentalities.
So players that hone their meta skills in killing don't want objectives, shock horror.

Maybe if you put the effort in to coming up with NEW builds, NEW ideas and NEW tactics rather than posting whine threads on the forums you would begin to counter such rushes more effectively and maybe even enjoy playing objectives, otherwise go play private lobbies where you can kill in skirmish all you want.

#33 Wolfways

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 14 December 2017 - 12:38 PM

Any mode which can almost instantly end a match is stupid.
FW should have been a ticket system with capturable bases and respawns.

#34 UnKnownPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 266 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 01:06 PM

The difficulty with running at the base and then destroying it instantly is you have to give something up, either the backs of your mechs, position or time.
If you set up in a reactive stance with the intent to move to intercept then you can easily prevent the base rush. Alternatively you end up brawling in your own base with turret defense and reinforcements and dropship cannons.
If you really need yo bring your long range laser vomit things then have a lance of faster mechs to pin the enemy going for objectives.
There is no excuse for just sitting in one spot and letting it happen.

#35 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 14 December 2017 - 01:30 PM

View PostUnKnownPlayer, on 14 December 2017 - 01:06 PM, said:

The difficulty with running at the base and then destroying it instantly is you have to give something up, either the backs of your mechs, position or time.
If you set up in a reactive stance with the intent to move to intercept then you can easily prevent the base rush. Alternatively you end up brawling in your own base with turret defense and reinforcements and dropship cannons.
If you really need yo bring your long range laser vomit things then have a lance of faster mechs to pin the enemy going for objectives.
There is no excuse for just sitting in one spot and letting it happen.

Under current conditions there is no way to intercept it, there is no difficulty in base rushing, take 12 fast mechs, take a path least likely to encounter enemy team, run in, shoot buildings only, ignore mechs, drop over. The only times Ive seen it take more than one wave is when only a handful of mechs baserush while some stay behind to fight, in which cases it just takes the handful of players baserushing 2 or 3 waves to do it

#36 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 07:50 AM

View PostHazeclaw, on 14 December 2017 - 01:30 PM, said:

Under current conditions there is no way to intercept it, there is no difficulty in base rushing, take 12 fast mechs, take a path least likely to encounter enemy team, run in, shoot buildings only, ignore mechs, drop over. The only times Ive seen it take more than one wave is when only a handful of mechs baserush while some stay behind to fight, in which cases it just takes the handful of players baserushing 2 or 3 waves to do it

Just as bad as Clan mechs sitting at max ranges shooting the base from halfway across the map without ever fighting anyone?

In all Clan mechs available to you, there is not ONE that you can think of using to combat a fast mover?

Out of all the Incursion drops you have done, there is not ONE time you have thought of other ways to try to combat a base assault?

Here is something you might not have thought of; drop in a fast mover yourself and get power for radar right away. Now you will know if there is a base rush and can at least know of it ahead of time and prep.

Here is another; instead of playing only range mechs, get into brawlers and beat up any rushers.

#37 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 08:59 AM

This is not an IS/Clan problem, it's universal. Also clan and IS mechs have similar capabilities in extreme range now so not sure where you're going with that either.

I have mechs with which I can reliably fight light rushers. Recipe is fairly simple, get something that can mount a shitton of small lasers, take the legs out. Problem is it's not easy to find another 11 people that can hit the legs on an assassin or cheta running at full speed, so what I can do becomes irrelevant. On the flip side it's super easy to find 11 people that can hit W and shoot some big buildings that don't move. I've basically given up trying to tell people to shoot legs in these drops because I always just end up watching everyone shooting the torso/arms anyways since it's easier.

radar is fairly irrelevant, usually I know where the rush is coming from, there's just not much to be done about it

bottom line is:

base rush = super easy, can be done by average mwo players
base rush defense = very hard, cannot be done by average mwo players

#38 vonJerg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 330 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 09:21 AM

It's not about players, it's about the teams.

Team up prior to drop via TS servers, addresses are easily found on the forum.

Let the other side worry about their individual skills.

#39 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 10:15 AM

View PostHazeclaw, on 17 December 2017 - 08:59 AM, said:

This is not an IS/Clan problem, it's universal. Also clan and IS mechs have similar capabilities in extreme range now so not sure where you're going with that either.

I have mechs with which I can reliably fight light rushers. Recipe is fairly simple, get something that can mount a shitton of small lasers, take the legs out. Problem is it's not easy to find another 11 people that can hit the legs on an assassin or cheta running at full speed, so what I can do becomes irrelevant. On the flip side it's super easy to find 11 people that can hit W and shoot some big buildings that don't move. I've basically given up trying to tell people to shoot legs in these drops because I always just end up watching everyone shooting the torso/arms anyways since it's easier.

radar is fairly irrelevant, usually I know where the rush is coming from, there's just not much to be done about it

bottom line is:

base rush = super easy, can be done by average mwo players
base rush defense = very hard, cannot be done by average mwo players

My error was thinking you were playing as part of a group in CW.

Without teamwork and coordination not much I can offer in way of advice.

#40 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 10:54 AM

*facepalm*

never mind, I don't know what I was thinking posting here

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users