@PGI, I see you spelled Stone Rhino Wrong again

#142 TheFallOfTheReaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 339 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 04:18 AM

View PostWolf Clearwater, on 09 December 2017 - 02:50 PM, said:

IS mechs are much better than the Clan mechs for the most part. They have clearly favored IS for some time....

70% of clan mechs are unquirked.....is comes with stacks of quirks, if we still win the scream clans op and pgi nerfs our "ADVANCED" weapons to garbage.....and we still win......with skill or numbers........and yet the brown sea complains more and we get more nerfs....stop balancing the game with the brown sea as the major input pls.

#143 TheFallOfTheReaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 339 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 04:26 AM

View PostTheMightySpin, on 09 December 2017 - 06:53 PM, said:

Ok, so you have a set up for the community to vote for new mechs and what not, then you go and have some made up P.O.S. take the place of what the community actually wants. While I will give some credit for creativity and bringing something new to the table (beautiful design, btw), but you're really spitting in the eye of the Clan player core.

At 70 tons, this mech doesn't really bring anything new to Clan drop decks. While it does have more dakka (points there, too) at the end of the day I think I would still rather bring either a EBJ or a TBR to faction play and, with our drop deck weight restrictions, that's where we need the most help.

While the Piranha is going to be a fantastic addition to the clan roster, both the Black Lanner and Sun Spider are little more than lip service filler mechs to keep Clanners from complaining about their lack of available chassis. A better choice for the Black Lanner would have been the Pouncer (http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Pouncer) which, at 50 tons, would have actually been viable in scouting. This last failed abortion would have been much better off being replaced by a Phoenix Hawk IIC that would have filled a serious hole in Clan drop decks for faction (only 80 ton mech we have isn't worth bringing).

Short and sweet is, if you're going to claim to be here for the BATTLETECH community and provide a game for BATTLETECH fans, quit telling them to "Go **** yourselves" after YOU ASKING for their opinions and them giving you honest answers. Quit feeding the lowest common denominator of frankly unwanted CoD Jockies, who never would have even know about this franchise if not for the steam release, and start living up to your promises to the real heart of the MWO community.

P.S. WHERE IS MY ******* HAG?!?!?!??!

1. well said wtau.
2. less making crap up, moar actual lore stuff
3. 3 to master was killed by you, PGI, what 5 months ago.....marketing fail....might wanna fix selling packs......the "do you wanna buy a mechpack" songs in game are getting silly

#144 TheFallOfTheReaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 339 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 05:17 AM

but why would you need a [get creative here]fox replacement, when we have a quad ams comming to the game soon ™

#145 ApexSun

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 125 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX USA

Posted 15 December 2017 - 02:10 PM

I would really like to order this one, but the stupid Thanatos has me firmly against preordering any mech ever again without knowing how it will be quirked.

#146 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,269 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 15 December 2017 - 02:53 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 10 December 2017 - 04:23 AM, said:

I see more roughnecks than several other heavy IS designs... Cataphracts come to mind. Maybe Dragons...

Uhhmmm dude Roughnecks recently released for C-bills...for C-bill warriors they are new...so you see some of them.

Regarding the sunspider.

Posted Image
(no original its just a meshup made by some talented guy i.e. not me Posted Image )

Well, this is your MarodeurLocustLinbackerStormcrowSuperNova......ehhhh lets just call it....eeeehhhhmmmm Sunspider.

At least the coppy pasta animation of the Supernovas walkingcycle will fit on this mech and not look as abominable as the walkcycle of the KGC PGI copypastat on the Nightstar.
And the danger of clipping is not as high as with the leggs of the Novacat (poor thing)

Somebody called ppl using their hard earned modules on different mechs cheapskates.
How do you call people making up stuff to fit their badly made game instead of fixing the game and using leftovers from stuff they already sold and now sell those again for a full prize ?
Just a thought.

Don't stoop too low...if you make stuff up make up original stuff.
I liked the Roughneck well enough.
Hope the Sunspider looks not like the photoshop meshup above.

View PostApexSun, on 15 December 2017 - 02:10 PM, said:

I would really like to order this one, but the stupid Thanatos has me firmly against preordering any mech ever again without knowing how it will be quirked.

...or animated...or finaly sized and formed in game.

Edited by The Basilisk, 15 December 2017 - 03:16 PM.

#147 suum74

• PipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 76 posts
  • Location»Hoho! Afraskai kuku!«

Posted 15 December 2017 - 05:34 PM

Don't forget the Cephalus!Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by suum74, 15 December 2017 - 05:35 PM.

#148 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 11:45 PM

View PostApexSun, on 15 December 2017 - 02:10 PM, said:

Everyone ordered boatloads of kodiaks fully expecting no quirks at all.

#149 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 12:26 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 15 December 2017 - 11:45 PM, said:

Everyone ordered boatloads of kodiaks fully expecting no quirks at all.

That's because everybody knew how broken it would be with quadruple UAC/10s and Gauss+PPC after PGI showed us the previews with the hardpoint placement.

#150 Stowven Quek

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 06:38 PM

Would rather they stick to cannonical mechs imho. There is still tons out there. It's mechwarrior online after all based on battletech lore. Not PGI online. I think most of the people dishing the cash are avid battletech players with immerson and nostalgia a factor in why they are playing the game. And as people mentioned both Roughneck and Sun Spider does not fill in a specific niche. Hope they don't develop non-cannonical weapons.

On a side note, just came back a few weeks ago since 2013. Pleasantly surprised as to the number of mechs that has been added. Awaiting MW mercenaries hope they do a good job.

#151 Python46

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 02:31 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 09 December 2017 - 02:47 PM, said:

A Goliath Scorpion Mech...where is Will at?

Well, then don't spend your money on a pre-order and keep playing the Mechs you have so you will have the C-Bills to buy this Mech when it comes out. I really don't understand the whining about some people being able to pay a premium to play a Mech a few months earlier, it really has to be jealousy (either because you can't afford it, or you can, but you can't rationalize spending that kind of money on it).

Nothing he said implied he can't afford to pay the money. He said he sees no point in paying for 5 mechs when the 2 he wants could easily be made available singly or in mix and match pairing. His complaint is 100% legitimate, as he's pointed out that pgi has altered the system to no longer require you to skill up 3 mechs to get the special perks and the next stage of perks. Why force people to buy mechs in 3s and 3+1+1s and such, when the 3s are no longer needed? It just doesn't make any sense for the marketing model to not reflect the changes in the game mechanics. The fact you don't understand what he is complaining about doesn't invalidate his complaint. It invalidates your reply. Next time, actually try reading what he's saying before trying to make it out to be something it isn't.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users