97 replies to this topic

#21 r4zen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 309 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 08:25 PM

View PostKin3ticX, on 10 December 2017 - 07:31 PM, said:

PGI probably thinks CW is a ghost town after Solaris, else Solaris resources would have gone into CW.

Honest question: Do you think FP/CW comes up in PGI's internal discussions at all? Like, when someone floated the idea of Solaris, do you think anyone went, "Well what about Faction Play?", or even considered what another mode would do to the FP population?

#22 Kin3ticX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 10 December 2017 - 08:43 PM

View Postr4zen, on 10 December 2017 - 08:25 PM, said:

Honest question: Do you think FP/CW comes up in PGI's internal discussions at all? Like, when someone floated the idea of Solaris, do you think anyone went, "Well what about Faction Play?", or even considered what another mode would do to the FP population?

Of course they have meetings but its all anyones guess. Maybe they are a little worried about PR over CW. Strategy seems to be avoid talking about it and plan on Solaris eclipsing it seamlessly. People will notice CW was left out of Mechcon this year but there is also MW5 and Solaris coming. Working on Phase 5 too would probably spread them thin AF, and im guessing they see CW as a dead end at this point.

There will be some upset people but there are also some people that would rather have anyhting else than see PGI try to do a phase 5 or something.

I dunno maybe they have plans, but surely they would have pumped them at Mechcon if they were any good.

Edited by Kin3ticX, 10 December 2017 - 08:45 PM.

#23 Wolfways

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:48 PM

View PostKin3ticX, on 10 December 2017 - 07:04 PM, said:

im gonna hold opinion until i see it. I think PGI has a better chance of hitting a home run with Solaris. It isnt as ambitious

But if they focus only on Solaris more players will leave MWO.

#24 Crockdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:49 PM

View Posttker 669, on 10 December 2017 - 09:39 AM, said:

Yeah, like the tittle says. Nothin, nada, zero....

Yes I am excited about Solaris, no I don't give a crap about silly bolt ons that will certainly be over priced as well as useless.

To have absolutely nothing said about CW and its future is more than a little disappointing.

Better than having promises which brought folks into buying a great many founders packs only to basically have been if not lied to then greatly misled (going back to 2011, 2012, 2013). Your best hope is MW5, if modding is real then you will at some point find a real CW game just not PGI run.

#25 Black Ivan

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 10:42 PM

Not so much unexpected. With all what happened this year to MWO I expected PGI to have given up on CW/FW. With no information of future development to it at all this should be seen as truth that FW is in PGI's eyes indeed dead

#26 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 10:50 PM

View PostWolfways, on 10 December 2017 - 09:48 PM, said:

That ship has already sailed. Most of the big CW units/players from phase 2 have long been gone, at least from CW. Game is still here.

Edited by Kin3ticX, 10 December 2017 - 10:51 PM.

#27 Wolfways

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 10 December 2017 - 10:54 PM

View PostKin3ticX, on 10 December 2017 - 10:50 PM, said:

That ship has already sailed. Most of the big CW units/players from phase 2 have long been gone, at least from CW. Game is still here.

What game?

#28 50 50

• 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 10 December 2017 - 11:28 PM

I'm not sure they know what to do with it under the current structure.
If we start digging into all the features we would like to see, it's a massive project and massively complex.
I feel a lot of what players would like or envision is possible in a single player game and that's what we can hope for in MW5.

However, as a PvP setup, it needs a different approach.
It definitely needs an overhaul.
There are possibilities which may not require a complete re-write but could get us much closer to that vision for the game.

A bigger hurdle might be getting enough agreement from the player base to provide a solid enough direction to move in and generating enough of that interest to make it happen.

#29 r4zen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 309 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 12:52 AM

TL;DR There was zero mention of FP/CW at MechCon because PGI has 0 resources dedicated to it. None. Enjoy Solaris.

View PostCrockdaddy, on 10 December 2017 - 09:49 PM, said:

Better than having promises which brought folks into buying a great many founders packs only to basically have been if not lied to then greatly misled (going back to 2011, 2012, 2013).

True. Promises from December of 2016 onward:

December 2016 Roadmap:

PGI said:

Faction Play still undoubtedly requires much additional work to achieve the goals that you the playerbase, and we at PGI, truly want from the feature.
Our next step toward realizing those goals - Faction Play Phase 4.1 - is releasing on December 13th 2016, with major work continuing on Faction Play in 2017. (emphasis mine)

Jan-Feb-Beyond 2017 Roadmap:

PGI said:

February: Faction Play will be receiving another wave of fixes and UI improvements in February as we pave the way for more in-depth improvements to Faction Play systems in the coming months. Additionally, general changes and improvements to Faction Play reward systems are also a priority for 2017, with particular attention toward Loyalist career rewards and incentives.

January patch: Fixed an issue where the First Victory XP Bonus would be removed from all 'Mechs in the Drop Deck even if they hadn't been used in that match. Clan emblem and IS emblem banners have been added to Invasion gates.
February patch: UI bugfixes, renaming Invasion to Siege in anticipation of Incursion, and auto-renewal of contracts.
March patch: Fixed an issue where destroying the second O-Gen as a Clan pilot would play the IS dialogue instead. Cleaned up the black border around the Faction Stats button in the End of Round screen.

I'd give them a 8/10 for keeping promises - the roadmap was vague about what they wanted to do.

Apr-May-Beyond 2017 Roadmap:

PGI said:

Looking Ahead: Faction Play Special Event System, Faction Play Improvements, integrating suggestions and feedback from Faction Play Roundtables

April patch: Fixed a loophole whereby Mercenary Pilots could bypass intended Contract restrictions by hopping between sub-Units operated by the same over-arching Unit population or command structure, yet contracted to different Factions.
May patch: (nothing - skill tree though, so grain of salt)

0/10 for keeping promises. Event system was delayed to everyone's complete shock.

Jun-Jul-Beyond 2017 Roadmap:

PGI said:

Intro: (...)a new Inner Sphere Map structure, and additional features for Faction Play.
June: Incursion replaces Assault. Introduction of weighted randomness to the Tug of War bar; a specific Game Mode may still be weighted to a distinct phase in the Tug of War, but matches will now have a random chance of running any of the other Game Modes.
July: Faction Play Timeline Advancement
August: Faction Play Updates, Special Event system, War History, and more
Looking ahead: More Faction Play Updates and Improvements, integrating additional suggestions and feedback from Faction Play Roundtables (this is copypasta)

June patch: Incursion added to FP rotation, weighted randomness to phase bar
July patch: Inner Sphere map updated, 'FP win conditions' added, Steel Viper + Nova Cat added, tug-of-war mode weights changed, minor inner sphere map UI bugfixes
August patch: Fixed dropship bugs, no more getting dropped under the map, minor bugfixes (emerald taiga turret works now)

2/10 for promises kept. Still nothing on the promises made in Q1.

Sep-Oct-Beyond 2017 Roadmap:

PGI said:

September: Special Events System. Clan Diamond Shark. Mechs won't take damage in dropships.
October: Nothing FP specific.
November: Nothing FP specific.

September patch: Event system/FP conflicts. Fixed dropship bug where they wouldn't shoot. Fixed Conquest UI in FP. Mechs no longer take damage in dropship. War History added (which didn't work for awhile, I stopped checking it)
October patch: Some FP-specific UI fixes.
November patch: Some FP-specific UI fixes

Well, damn. After putting this together I just realized that yeah, PGI didn't say anything about FP/CW at MechCon because, well, there's nothing to say. This is a dead mode to them in terms of continued development.

Maybe next year, boys.

#30 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 11 December 2017 - 01:22 AM

View Posttker 669, on 10 December 2017 - 09:39 AM, said:

Yeah, like the tittle says. Nothin, nada, zero....

Yes I am excited about Solaris, no I don't give a crap about silly bolt ons that will certainly be over priced as well as useless.

To have absolutely nothing said about CW and its future is more than a little disappointing.

Well...it has been pretty much stated some townhalls (or what ever those pseudo ask the devs shams at NGNG are called) that FP is what it now is...maybe with some events in the "new eventsystem LMFAO" but yea...THAT IS IT.

Honestly I do understand it.

There are just not enough ppl at the same time with the same interests and the same basic skill level online (never where to be exact) in this game to get some large skale capaigns going witout getting the exactly same effects we get now with units chasing each others tail to not have to fight against each other or as it is now not fighting in FP anymore.

Thing is, people playing this game have very different demands on the game.
Some are just old scify crazy guys who want to enjoy some mecha action for a little time....it doesn't realy bother them if they win or loose their main issue is to have a good time in a good mood busting some robits...theirs or the enemys...they don't care.

Others get angry even by thinking about the guys I mentioned above. They can and will not accept that anybody could have a concept other than "play to win" and will do everything to argue, humiliate or bully away anybody saying something else.

And between those two extremes is a lot of space for other agendas....like the Unit- and Teamcommanders that personaly perform mediocre at best but realy know how to drive the rabble their their team would be without them.

Tldr...It is actually the players fault MWO will not develop further.
Sure PGI looks sometimes like the most bigmouthed vapoware seller in gaming industry...but anybody able to google that company should know their record and what they can and aaaaaaallllllllllllllll the things they realy realy can't.

#31 vonJerg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 330 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 03:31 AM

I'm so sad now :(

#32 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 11 December 2017 - 03:51 AM

We need to be Tweeting Russ about this. It's the only player input he takes in these days.

Be polite and constructive. But share your concern that PGI apparently have no plan to further develop the part of MWO that you most want to keep playing.

If you just post about it in here, noone notices.

#33 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 11 December 2017 - 04:43 AM

View PostAppogee, on 11 December 2017 - 03:51 AM, said:

We need to be Tweeting Russ about this. It's the only player input he takes in these days.

Be polite and constructive. But share your concern that PGI apparently have no plan to further develop the part of MWO that you most want to keep playing.

If you just post about it in here, noone notices.

You know what that means!?
A new hashtag campaign! :P

#RussMakeFactionPlayGreatAgain!

#34 Black Ivan

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 05:25 AM

I doubt he cares anymore--- :(

#35 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 11 December 2017 - 06:24 AM

View PostWolfways, on 10 December 2017 - 09:48 PM, said:

Im not here to play alone or with one other in Solaris.

I'm here to play with 11 others for control of the Inner Sphere and defend against Clan Incusions.

#36 Charles Sennet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 387 posts
  • LocationCurrently obscured by ECM

Posted 11 December 2017 - 12:08 PM

View PostJohnathan Tanner, on 10 December 2017 - 07:23 PM, said:

You must be new here.

Not new but I get what you mean.

View PostKin3ticX, on 10 December 2017 - 07:31 PM, said:

PGI probably thinks CW is a ghost town after Solaris, else Solaris resources would have gone into CW.

Not sure how they can think that given FP is 12-man ball and Solaris is 1/2-man ball.

#37 C H E E K I E Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 540 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 12:27 PM

I for one welcome the new 1v1 game mode, time to see if people can back up their talk. Also it said you can get sponsored or something and get mc by in-game ****? idk it all kinda sounds like a **** ton of work, and i feel like half the stuff pgi claimed that is gonna happen in it wont happen.

However, if they do produce everything that they say they do, it could be a smaller platform to introduce something like this into CW, which could be pretty sweet, IF it works, big If

#38 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 12:45 PM

View PostCharles Sennet, on 11 December 2017 - 12:08 PM, said:

Not sure how they can think that given FP is 12-man ball and Solaris is 1/2-man ball.

Well for one, you will probably see people streaming Solaris and not putting their viewers to sleep. People generally have negative opinions of CW outside the hardcore CW player bubble.

It is something PGI promised to make but it is just something people decided they never wanted to begin with. Phase 3 didnt help matter though, if phase 3 wasnt such a pile of crap maybe things would have been different.

#39 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 11 December 2017 - 12:50 PM

View PostC H E E K I E Z, on 11 December 2017 - 12:27 PM, said:

I for one welcome the new 1v1 game mode, time to see if people can back up their talk. Also it said you can get sponsored or something and get mc by in-game ****? idk it all kinda sounds like a **** ton of work, and i feel like half the stuff pgi claimed that is gonna happen in it wont happen.

However, if they do produce everything that they say they do, it could be a smaller platform to introduce something like this into CW, which could be pretty sweet, IF it works, big If

Solaris could be fun. If they do what they say they can or will do.

If.

CW could have been more fun if they did what they said they were going to do to.

#40 DarklightCA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 774 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 11 December 2017 - 02:12 PM

If I was PGI, I would walk away from Faction Play. Unless they completely redesigned it to something that would be actually fun to play that would draw in the right playerbase to play it's content, it's always going to be a complete wreck. Making the comp queue and solaris is a smarter choice to spend their time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users