#41 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts
  • LocationCurrently dodging the pugs war crimes tribunal

Posted 11 December 2017 - 02:26 PM

View PostDarklightCA, on 11 December 2017 - 02:12 PM, said:

If I was PGI, I would walk away from Faction Play. Unless they completely redesigned it to something that would be actually fun to play that would draw in the right playerbase to play it's content, it's always going to be a complete wreck. Making the comp queue and solaris is a smarter choice to spend their time.

From thinking mans shooter to epeen stroker. Lol

#42 Asym

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 02:28 PM

Dead. We've known is was mostly dead earlier this year in Jan and then after the May skill tree.... The new unit that recruited me left in May because we correctly predicted that Solaris was PGI's strategic goal.... That's why they left: there is no more team centric play in MWO. BT now is that source of lore and team play.... HBS is the owner of that portion of this universe.

Which brings up e-Sports...........want to bet that Solaris is the baseline e-Sports model and that teams will have another function within Solaris??? So far, what we have predicted is spot on.......

If I was PGI, I would walk away from Faction Play. Unless they completely redesigned it to something that would be actually fun to play that would draw in the right playerbase to play it's content, it's always going to be a complete wreck. Making the comp queue and solaris is a smarter choice to spend their time.

They have and HBS is where FP resides.....

#43 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 03:14 PM

View PostAsym, on 11 December 2017 - 02:28 PM, said:

Dead. We've known is was mostly dead earlier this year in Jan and then after the May skill tree.... The new unit that recruited me left in May because we correctly predicted that Solaris was PGI's strategic goal.... That's why they left: there is no more team centric play in MWO. BT now is that source of lore and team play.... HBS is the owner of that portion of this universe.

Which brings up e-Sports...........want to bet that Solaris is the baseline e-Sports model and that teams will have another function within Solaris??? So far, what we have predicted is spot on.......

They have and HBS is where FP resides.....

The goal of cw wasent to reenact battletech history. It was to have the opportunity to change it. We were promised depth, logistics, strategy, and tactics. So basically open world gameplay. We never got any of these things.

So many things could have been done. Unit coffers could have been used to allow players to join units and build mechs accordingly to suit unit strategy's(And **** all QP players who would whine because there a bunch of filthy pugs). We could have had navel assets we had to fuel and pay for. We could have had salvage of ammo,mechs and equipment.That would have been serious content for mercs right there.Because the contracting state is just paying you to do a job. Not handholding you through it. Loyalist wouldnt have to worry about any of that ****.

The dots would have had to mean something. This dot has this many factories and farms and fuel refineries on it etc. The mode was supposed to be the primary one. This game was not supposed to be pugs playing in pug paradise in puglandia. Now go out there. and get a participation trophy lol.

#44 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 04:24 PM

6 months after release would you like to wager on Solaris population vs FW?

#45 r4zen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 309 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 04:26 PM

View PostJohnathan Tanner, on 11 December 2017 - 03:14 PM, said:

words

Yeah, competes too much with what they're trying to do with MW:5. Enjoy Solaris. C'mon, you can have an AXE FOR YOUR KODIAK! It doesn't do anything, but AXE. KODIAKAXE.

Also, be sure to pre-order MW:5, for all of your inner-sphere stomping grounds experience dreams!

...Loyalist campaign(s) available for $20!

...Clan invasion (includes NEW MECHS!!11) available for $40!

Tell me I'm wrong.

#46 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 05:20 PM

Just think of FP as QP with MC earnings and it's fine.

#47 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 07:06 PM

View PostNightbird, on 11 December 2017 - 05:20 PM, said:

I would, but somehow Im just not the roll over and take it kinda guy. And accepting excuses is the 1st step on the road to mediocrity.

#48 r4zen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 309 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 09:56 PM

0 FP updates, bugfixes, or other mention in December patch. Zero.

#49 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:18 AM

I heard no one in my unit looking forward to Solaris, no one of us will play it.

I guess Solaris will become a playground for comp-players after the first weeks some pugs lost their mechs...only a few mechs with meta-builds will be to meet there and matches which last around 60 seconds.... Posted Image

FP is the main reason i keep playing MWO but my patience will come to an end some day....especially when no one of PGI is looking into FP anymore.

At the weekend i started MW4: Mercs again, because there is as well more depth as identification with BT-universe.

Whats the problem to implement the good working mechanics of MW4: Mercs into MWO FP?

What shall i say, i am disappointed...

Edited by Bishop Six, 12 December 2017 - 01:19 AM.

#50 FallingAce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 627 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 05:03 AM

View PostNightbird, on 11 December 2017 - 05:20 PM, said:

Except you earn more MC in quickplay than faction warfare.

Especially when PGI is giving away 50mc a day IN QUICKPLAY.

How many pilots are earning 50 mc a day in FW?

How many units are earning 50 mc a day in FW?

#51 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 06:59 AM

View Postr4zen, on 11 December 2017 - 04:26 PM, said:

Yeah, competes too much with what they're trying to do with MW:5. Enjoy Solaris. C'mon, you can have an AXE FOR YOUR KODIAK! It doesn't do anything, but AXE. KODIAKAXE.

Also, be sure to pre-order MW:5, for all of your inner-sphere stomping grounds experience dreams!

...Loyalist campaign(s) available for $20!

...Clan invasion (includes NEW MECHS!!11) available for $40!

Tell me I'm wrong.

Not wrong, But you forgot the golden mechs.

#52 Tom Sawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 12 December 2017 - 07:57 AM

PGI fix cw when they can sell MW5?

Posted Image

#53 DarklightCA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 774 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 12 December 2017 - 02:24 PM

View PostJohnathan Tanner, on 11 December 2017 - 02:26 PM, said:

From thinking mans shooter to epeen stroker. Lol

Playing team vs team battles and 1v1's is far more of a thinking mans shooter than Faction Play is.

View PostMischiefSC, on 11 December 2017 - 04:24 PM, said:

6 months after release would you like to wager on Solaris population vs FW?

For what? Faction Play is going nowhere and it's population isn't exactly getting larger. Solaris is easy to populate and there are plenty of players interested in 1v1's. Developing Solaris is by far a much better time sink for PGI than their failed attempts at trying to fix FP.

#54 DevlinCognito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 504 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth

Posted 12 December 2017 - 03:55 PM

Interested in 1v1 till they realise they can't blame the rest of the team for being bad, then the population will drop like PGI interest in FW. Look at the bustling Comp queue ..

#55 DarklightCA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 774 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 04:15 PM

View PostDevlinCognito, on 12 December 2017 - 03:55 PM, said:

Interested in 1v1 till they realise they can't blame the rest of the team for being bad, then the population will drop like PGI interest in FW. Look at the bustling Comp queue ..

Well for one it's a lot easier to fill a queue when you only need 2 players. Secondly the comp queue is an entirely different beast. It's not PGI's fault that the community is too scared to fight challenging games. An actual comp queue was a good idea but a idea that was brought on way too late after a lot of competitive players/teams have left or were burnt out.

I'd much rather PGI invest into potential new ways to play the game than failing to fix something that is completely broken. Unless they are willing to start Faction Play from scratch, developing Solaris and the Comp Queue was much better time spent than whatever "fix" they could have made in Faction Play.

#56 Kyrie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 07:23 PM

Oh the blessed irony if Solaris ends up getting a real economic system with parts, repairs, and rearm.

#57 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 07:34 PM

View PostDarklightCA, on 12 December 2017 - 02:24 PM, said:

Playing team vs team battles and 1v1's is far more of a thinking mans shooter than Faction Play is.

For what? Faction Play is going nowhere and it's population isn't exactly getting larger. Solaris is easy to populate and there are plenty of players interested in 1v1's. Developing Solaris is by far a much better time sink for PGI than their failed attempts at trying to fix FP.

I'm saying 1 v 1 will have less people in it than FW, and that's saying something.

1 v 1 will be as popular as comp queue, which is to say a couple hundred people. FW is dying off, no question, but at least it's a couple thousand.

#58 naterist

• Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:38 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 12 December 2017 - 07:34 PM, said:

FW is dying off, no question, but at least it's a couple thousand.

i feel like thats a high ball number......

#59 DarklightCA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 774 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:26 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 12 December 2017 - 07:34 PM, said:

I'm saying 1 v 1 will have less people in it than FW, and that's saying something.

1 v 1 will be as popular as comp queue, which is to say a couple hundred people. FW is dying off, no question, but at least it's a couple thousand.

I doubt that but regardless it's still a 2 man queue, I won't likely have to wait 30 minutes to find a game unlike FP. Also from my understanding, Solaris was pretty popular in MW4 and the 1v1 tournaments that people host in MWO get a lot of attention and twitch views. I think there is a lot more interest in it than you think.

Edited by DarklightCA, 12 December 2017 - 11:32 PM.

#60 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:33 PM

View PostDarklightCA, on 12 December 2017 - 11:26 PM, said:

I doubt that but regardless it's still a 2 man queue, I won't likely have to wait 30 minutes to find a game unlike FP.

I'm sure match making will be quick - so long as nobody cares about the skill and mech difference.

FP has instant drops most the time for IS. Clans have a wait though. Or ghost drops.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users