You use chain fire or full alpha?

#22 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 13 December 2017 - 03:32 PM

Please note: This also goes for light, medium and heavy mechs.

#23 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,703 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 13 December 2017 - 03:36 PM

View PostDjPush, on 13 December 2017 - 02:13 PM, said:

I get it. New players like to spam missiles because it's easy and a decent way to learn the game. However, if you can't move and shoot yet.. Get out of an assault mech. You are a detriment to the team. You are not ready to pilot one. I have seen too many 90 and 100 ton assault mechs just standing there lobbing LRMs. Get yourself a heavy mech, load that up with your LRMs, and learn to shoot while walking. Once you have mastered the art of looking at your minimap and repositioning, then you can try your hand at assaults.

The optimum range for LRMs is 200-500 meters. Anything beyond that, don't even bother firing. You will lose the lock before your missiles reach their targets. The one caveat to this rule is if you have a spotter or someone has put up a UAV, then fire away. Move with the team or they will leave your *** behind to be picked off by the enemy NASCAR. You need to learn how to reposition and fire as you are doing so. DO NOT load your mech with LRMs only. You need to be able to use other weapons when the LRMs are not able to gain a lock or too close to be ineffective.

QFT.
If anyone is actually inclined to take an LRM assault, there's one chassis and build I'd consider worthwhile enough to suggest: AWS-8R with its' 20% cooldown for LRM-15s (Smurfy, Skills)

Stay mobile, try to limit your fire to targets your TAG is locked onto, keep relatively close to the enemy and you'll dish out plenty of damage. Unlocked arms (to maximize TAG's usefulness) and override on (to prevent losing locks due to shutdowns) go without saying.

Now, that's one way to lurm. Another - and perhaps more useful on account of vastly better mobility - is the Catapult C1 ( Smurfy, Skills )

Edited by Horseman, 13 December 2017 - 03:38 PM.

#24 DjPush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 03:36 PM

View PostDAYLEET, on 13 December 2017 - 03:19 PM, said:

I would argue that they should instead get in a medium mech for their lrm needs. The medium can move faster and relocate, allowing them to throw their lrm from a flanking position or from behind without being screwed the second war comes to them. At the same time they arent depriving their team of all the armor thats needed on the front. Its easy to get 2 launcher 10's or 15's with a tag and/or bap and a few lasers on a med. You do not need more than 4-5 ton or ammo either, if you arent hitting, you are doing it wrong and more ammo isnt gona help you.

This is good also.

#25 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 03:37 PM

You use chain fire or full alpha?

they all fire at different rates. so it chain fires naturally. lol

but i give you gud tip for lurm in atlas:

put circle in square and hold down mouse button

make on/off toggle macro for tag and always keep tag on no mater what

and remember less laser = moar tag

stay behind your team and let them waste their armor to get you locks

since youre not up front you can take your armor off for more ammo. use XL engine too.

if you do bad damage just blame your team for not backing up the assaults or leaving you behind because youre slow

Edited by Khobai, 13 December 2017 - 03:47 PM.

#26 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 13 December 2017 - 03:44 PM

View PostHorseman, on 13 December 2017 - 03:36 PM, said:

QFT.
If anyone is actually inclined to take an LRM assault, there's one chassis and build I'd consider worthwhile enough to suggest: AWS-8R with its' 20% cooldown for LRM-15s (Smurfy, Skills)

Stay mobile, try to limit your fire to targets your TAG is locked onto, keep relatively close to the enemy and you'll dish out plenty of damage. Unlocked arms (to maximize TAG's usefulness) and override on (to prevent losing locks due to shutdowns) go without saying.

Now, that's one way to lurm. Another - and perhaps more useful on account of vastly better mobility - is the Catapult C1 ( Smurfy, Skills )

I prefer Hilda.

#27 UnofficialOperator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,493 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 13 December 2017 - 03:54 PM

View PostBombast, on 13 December 2017 - 02:38 PM, said:

No.

Posted Image

Monster :(

#28 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 03:58 PM

View PostTroa Barton, on 13 December 2017 - 02:27 PM, said:

Tell me more about how to properly play a game.

If you aren't using the race car in Monopoly you're a scrub and a detriment to the housing market!

Seriously, people can play the game how they please.

Of course they can.

They can also

carry 8 Tags, or

load up on ACs with zero ammo, or

allocate all armor to rear CT and walk backwards.

There's no shortage of ways to help your team lose.

But if someone chooses to play this way, he's got little ground to complain when teammates ***** him out.

It's still a team game. Go join a pickup basketball game and insist on throwing the ball out of bounds at every opportunity, all the while yelling "I wanna play my way! This is my way of having fun!" See where that gets you.

#29 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 04:00 PM

View PostUnofficialOperator, on 13 December 2017 - 03:54 PM, said:

Monster Posted Image

Would a monster do this?

Posted Image

#30 ZippySpeedMonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 356 posts
  • LocationSomewhere on Dropship Earth

Posted 13 December 2017 - 04:15 PM

View PostN0ni, on 13 December 2017 - 02:19 PM, said:

"But i can pack in more missiles in assaults, hit people over tiny rocks with the firing arc and have 1000m range, if anyone gets close i have these small lasers for defense."

Posted Image

Obvious Troll. No true Assault LRM Boat mounts lasers for self defence.

The team will protect them...

#31 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 04:29 PM

View PostDjPush, on 13 December 2017 - 03:30 PM, said:

Most of you didn't read past the title. Which doesn't surprise me in the least. Most of you didn't even read the title properly. Pretty ****** sad.
we just don't care, but seriously just think how bad it would be if we had arrow VI launchers.

#32 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 04:47 PM

Everyone who isn't bad too everyone who is bad: "Please stop being bad."

All the bads: "No. Being bad is how I differentiate myself.from people who are not bad and that makes me cool."

Everyone who isn't bad: "........ uh, 'Kay. You're going to get farmed".

All the bads:"No, I only lose because my team is bad. When I play bad mechs I still do great, just my stats are terrible compared to everyone else because everyone else at the game is bad and doesn't protect me so I lose."

Everyone who isn't bad:"Wow, when it comes to failing you really leave nothing to chance do you."

All the bads:"I have a system and it works well for me."

#33 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 04:56 PM

View PostBombast, on 13 December 2017 - 04:00 PM, said:

Would a monster do this?

Posted Image

God I would love to core that LRMAtlas out on the RT from behind with a Crit Lynx. If the game actually modeled ammo explosions completely you would see that from orbit.

#34 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 05:25 PM

My luck I'd use 8 lmgs and all it would do is make the CT blink...

Edited by Grus, 13 December 2017 - 05:26 PM.

#35 OmniFail

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 438 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 05:35 PM

Oh look another Lurm related post. I'm sure it will end with consensus and understanding this time.

Anyway lurm assualts are fun.

Posted Image

#36 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 13 December 2017 - 05:39 PM

View PostExard3k, on 13 December 2017 - 02:51 PM, said:

I miss so much volleys because team can't hold locks nowadays...you really need that extra ammo. I always tell them when the match starts, but they often don't do.

That's a problem with meta. LRM's are terrible direct fire weapons so it's best to use them indirect, but who in their right mind wants to keep a lock for their teams LRM's when keeping that lock could mean they get destroyed in one or two hits?

#37 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 05:58 PM

If you really want to troll there's always the Infamous Lurmando

#38 OmniFail

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 438 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 06:17 PM

View PostWolfways, on 13 December 2017 - 05:39 PM, said:

That's a problem with meta. LRM's are terrible direct fire weapons so it's best to use them indirect, but who in their right mind wants to keep a lock for their teams LRM's when keeping that lock could mean they get destroyed in one or two hits?

There are a few guys out there who are all about keeping locks, narcing, and tagging. Not many but there are some. And a few of those few are frighteningly pro. Murder balls themselves produce numerous locks. Also since lurms suffer from min range or exponentially reduced damage below 180m. I suggest that you choose chassis that you can also bring significant close to mid range direct fire weapons. One or two lasers is not gonna cut it. Also Long range weapons seem to be a waste and redundant if you carrying lurms anyway.

Here is just one of many suggested configurations, I choose a assault to keep with the them of this thread.

Posted Image

Here is a screeny of some of this babies handiwork from today in the last hour.
Posted Image

#39 jjm1

• Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 06:46 PM

"But is it fun to play against" - the rules of game design.

#40 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 06:53 PM

One of those things where if I was paid a nickle every time I saw an LRM assault mech I'd have $500.

1. Most of them don't keep up with the nascar and die early and immediately disconnect
2. The maps with less nascar they hide in the back and are the last to die after the team gets overwhelmed

I have seen a DWF S with two LRM20s and one LRM10 and 2000+ ammo
I have a screen shot of an aLRM10 + aLRM15 and 2 ERLL AS7 DDC
I also have a screen shot of a three LRM15 KGC 0000

100 ton mechs have 100 CT armor that could be used to benefit the team but I always see this builds after 11 people have died and we're spectating the one that hid in the back the whole time and did very little damage.

I don't care if you do 1000 damage in your LRM 100 tonner, even if you did 83 damage to 12 people, you would be of more use if you were taking damage.

A HBK has without quirks over 126 armor combined between 2 ST and the CT, so you're not even cracking the armor of a 50 ton mech when you do 83 spread damage to it and that isn't counting the arms and legs + front and back as it twists wildly to spread the damage. Yes, doing 83 damage does shave off a considerable amount of armor for us to finish them off but that is a 50 ton mech, if there are 4 assaults you're barely scratching their paint.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users