So... I Just Made An Is Contract, This Is **** Is Op

242 replies to this topic

#1 IL MECHWARRIOR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 05:48 AM

I have

annihilator with 80 alpha, std engine, 160 front armor that alphastrikes 9 times in a row
while the poor direwolf has only 120, shoots only twice in a row and has bad hitboxes.

banshee with 5 erll , range, cooldown boosts and 40 standard heat sinks so i can shoot all day non stop and high mounts, while clan erll atm are super ultra nerfed.

BLR 1g with 500 meters on ermeds vs 475 on clans

Victors and Orion VA with ac20+3 or 4 srm6 that can brawl like an 85 ton clan Scorch

grasshoppers, that can laservomit with 20 dhs and 10% heat on top of that and have an accell decell rate of 26-29 versus the 16-19 of the timberscrap

bounty hunter with 1 gauss 6 ermed and 1 ll that has ermeds with more range than clan ones

ilya muromet: 2gauss+2erll with an assault level armor and amazing quirks of all kind, vs the night gyr that has way less armor and basically half dps

bushwaker 6 srm 4 fusion 300 with more armor than a timber

kintaro 5 streak 6, with streak 6 that have faster cooldown than clan streak 2

assassins that are just invincible

I have no idea on how the clans are supposed to face this with 25 tons less

Edited by anonymous223, 22 December 2017 - 06:00 AM.

#2 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 22 December 2017 - 05:51 AM

So you are trolling ?

Edited by Damnedtroll, 22 December 2017 - 05:53 AM.

#3 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 22 December 2017 - 06:07 AM

Posted Image
Oh boi, those IS Orions and Cataphracts are really overpowered.

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 22 December 2017 - 06:13 AM.

#4 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 22 December 2017 - 06:07 AM

View PostDamnedtroll, on 22 December 2017 - 05:51 AM, said:

So you are trolling ?

What a cast! This looks to be a good fishing spot.
anonymous223, you sir are an artist.

#5 Exard3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,010 posts
  • LocationEast Frisia in Germany

Posted 22 December 2017 - 06:24 AM

You forgot about the insane LRM-spamming Kintaros, especially in Scouting. Horror incarnate!

#6 lazorbeamz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 07:02 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 22 December 2017 - 06:07 AM, said:

Posted Image
Oh boi, those IS Orions and Cataphracts are really overpowered.

Onions arent op but i can have fun with Onion-V with mrm 50, ac10, 2xmedlas. Brawls and pours damage into large hitboxes of heavy/ assaults.

#7 AphexTwin11

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 398 posts
  • LocationLooking right through you, with somniferous almond eyes

Posted 22 December 2017 - 07:58 AM

View Postanonymous223, on 22 December 2017 - 05:48 AM, said:

I have

annihilator with 80 alpha, std engine, 160 front armor that alphastrikes 9 times in a row
while the poor direwolf has only 120, shoots only twice in a row and has bad hitboxes.

banshee with 5 erll , range, cooldown boosts and 40 standard heat sinks so i can shoot all day non stop and high mounts, while clan erll atm are super ultra nerfed.

Victors and Orion VA with ac20+3 or 4 srm6 that can brawl like an 85 ton clan Scorch

grasshoppers, that can laservomit with 20 dhs and 10% heat on top of that and have an accell decell rate of 26-29 versus the 16-19 of the timberscrap

bounty hunter with 1 gauss 6 ermed and 1 ll that has ermeds with more range than clan ones

ilya muromet: 2gauss+2erll with an assault level armor and amazing quirks of all kind, vs the night gyr that has way less armor and basically half dps

bushwaker 6 srm 4 fusion 300 with more armor than a timber

I have no idea on how the clans are supposed to face this with 25 tons less

This is a great point anonymous223, IS has been OP for a while now and it makes the game very unbalanced against the clan side. The timberwolf and DWF are dead now, and it all can mostly be traced back to the unfair advantages the IS gets regarding heat, armor, mobility, and (in some cases) range. Too bad this community is so biased against Clans and favors the IS so much, breaking the game and making the IS insanely OP.

#8 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 22 December 2017 - 08:23 AM

View PostAphexTwin11, on 22 December 2017 - 07:58 AM, said:

This is a great point anonymous223, IS has been OP for a while now and it makes the game very unbalanced against the clan side. The timberwolf and DWF are dead now, and it all can mostly be traced back to the unfair advantages the IS gets regarding heat, armor, mobility, and (in some cases) range. Too bad this community is so biased against Clans and favors the IS so much, breaking the game and making the IS insanely OP.

Posted Image

#9 xX PUG Xx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 22 December 2017 - 08:32 AM

View PostAphexTwin11, on 22 December 2017 - 07:58 AM, said:

Aaaah-hahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ..... *cough* *breath* ahhahahahahahahahaahhahahaha Please stop! I can't brea..... *cough* hahahahahahahaha.... *slump* (sound of PUG sliding out his chair to the floor)

Sorry, yeah but no.

If anyone builds their 'Mech properly and uses it in the correct way way for that build, then they hold an advantage over those that don't. Just today I saw a Clan something or another with 2x Heavy Medium laser and 2x C-LRM5 while they were attacking Grim Portico. My first thought was "why the hell did they bring that to an "attack" on this map", the second was "Enjoy eating my SRM's from 200 metres.... over and over".

Apart from poor build choices I feel overall firepower/performance is in favour of Clan but only if they use it correctly. IS have an advantage in Heat and overall armour but require the IS pilots to close the distance force that Heat issue upon the Clan pilots. This tends to be where most IS pilots fall on their face, looking to trade at 500m and wondering why they are getting shredded.

Meh, what do I know anyway?

#10 nehebkau

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 22 December 2017 - 08:34 AM

It's rare for trolls to get that big in the wild. This on appears to have been over-fed many times to have reached such a massive bulk.

#11 - World Eater -

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 940 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 08:35 AM

I aspire to be like the OP.Posted Image

#12 Catalina Steiner

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 2,119 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNagelring Academy

Posted 22 December 2017 - 08:43 AM

Watching the FP map tells me that this guy has done his homework.

#13 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 22 December 2017 - 09:28 AM

How many threads has that been in one week from this guy talking about how IS is OP?

#14 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,818 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 22 December 2017 - 10:01 AM

It'll work itself out. The first time he has to attack the clans on Boreal vault, clans will be OP again.

#15 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 12:20 PM

View Postanonymous223, on 22 December 2017 - 05:48 AM, said:

I have

"Only" 120.

Also, 80 damage at 200 meters on a slow and lumbering Annihilator vs. 80-104 damage from 450 meters using a Mk. II that approaches the typical run speed of some of the best IS Heavy builds.

How small of an engine are you running to squeeze 40 in? Down to a 300? Running with practically no leg armor? I got to 37 before I said no more.

Still, the SNV-C can do the same thing with 44 SHS, and will have the same range because the better range is built right in. and no the cERLL aren't super-ultra-nerfed. Even eating ghost heat, most cERLL boats will have better sustained output than their IS counterparts ton for ton. You are running an anomaly, and a build that you certainly wouldn't run against RJF, EON, or EmP.

As opposed to isERML having 360 vs cERML 400 meters when stock? Please. 25 meters is less of a difference and it's still less damage.

There is very little difference between an 80 and an 85 tonner. How about that 75 ton Orion IIC? There is, again, very little difference between 75 and 80 tons.

And yet, those same mid-range IS builds still pump out less damage over time even with the quirk. Funny, that.

TBR could use a mild buff to its agility, I will grant you that.

See again: stock 360 meters against 400, still 5 damage against 7.

TIL: 10.22 DPS is twice 9.34 DPS for the same build. Unless you are just standing there in the open, you will never see that difference.

You do have a point about the armor, but then again the NTG has superior hit-boxes and hardpoint location. Seems more a problem with the NTG being a dump truck in the handling department to me.

Stock cSSRM2 cooldown is 3 seconds. isSSRM6 cooldown with a 10% reduction from the KTO-18 (and that's as high as they go) is 4.05 seconds.

Are you on drugs?

Point.

TL;DR: Maybe the tonnage slider needs to be adjusted. Maybe you need to actually figure out how FP works instead of just thinking you can win it by PUG-shielding every time. Clan-dedicated units like KCom don't seem to have a problem.

Edited by Yeonne Greene, 23 December 2017 - 04:51 PM.

#16 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 01:10 PM

I do love the '40 SHS Banshee' bit too.

What makes it amazing is that one guy is like 'OP is so correct!'

Well played, OP. Well played. The whole thread is full of people laughing and toasting the troll attempt and you *still* get one guy going 'Yeah, right on OP!'

Never change, MWO Forums. Never change.

#17 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 22 December 2017 - 01:55 PM

It's not like it really matters. Just gonna face a wave or two of Assassins on the last two waves anyways.
Laser vomit marauder IIC as Mischief says! Lol.

#18 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 02:04 PM

View PostJackalBeast, on 22 December 2017 - 01:55 PM, said:

It's not like it really matters. Just gonna face a wave or two of Assassins on the last two waves anyways.
Laser vomit marauder IIC as Mischief says! Lol.

Or Linebackers. Or Orion IICs. Or EBJ 9mpls, or 2HLL, 4 or 5 cerml HBK IIC, or 2xLBX20 HBK IIC... it's a long list.

#19 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 22 December 2017 - 02:05 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 22 December 2017 - 12:20 PM, said:

There is very little difference between an 80 and an 85 tonner. How about that 75 ton Orion IIC? There is, again, very little difference between 75 and 80 tons.

And there is very little difference between 70 and 75 tons, and very little difference between 60 and 65 tons, and between 60 and 65 tons, and between 55 and 60 tons, etc etc.

Sorry. I mostly agree with what you are saying in your post but I just had to scratch the itch that was this little logical feedback loop you just created.

#20 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 02:13 PM

We have lightmechs that arnt fast enough and don't have enough HP. We have heavies that are too fast and don't have enough HP with too much firepower to brawl without overheating in less than 5 seconds. Our assalts don't have enough staying power and not enough hp to counter the powercreep of IS assalts.. see the trend? No? I'll help you.. Glass cannons..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users