I'll update the OP with it.

#102 Lorian Sunrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationCochrane, Alberta

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:49 AM

Don't suppose anyone from PGI can chime in if that is all in game footage or if some/all was pre-rendered? Some fans and I were arguing about it.

I think most of it is in game as it's in line with what we've seen from the in game footage so far, just touched up to another polish level, minus maybe the kickass K2 DFA.

#103 Tom Sawyer

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 16 April 2018 - 11:01 AM

What could have been as we look forward....

#104 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 12:54 PM

That was just a proof of concept video. It's not necessarily how the game would have turned out.

#105 Tom Sawyer

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 16 April 2018 - 01:25 PM

I agree MechBattler but even with harmony gold being douche-monkeys that version could have been epic. Sorta like....

Posted Image

#106 ChapeL

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 01:44 PM

I loved the HUD on the old proof of concept video.

#107 Dave Forsey

Senior Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 198 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 01:58 PM

View PostLorian Sunrider, on 16 April 2018 - 10:49 AM, said:

Don't suppose anyone from PGI can chime in if that is all in game footage or if some/all was pre-rendered? Some fans and I were arguing about it. I think most of it is in game as it's in line with what we've seen from the in game footage so far, just touched up to another polish level, minus maybe the kickass K2 DFA.

All rendered "in-game" using UE4's Sequencer feature using just what we have in the game itself. So nothing is pre-rendered in that sense, (although we can control the quality) and I don't believe we've added or enhanced anything (otherwise you wouldn't see the model swaps on some of the work-in-progress destruction state changes)

#108 Lorian Sunrider

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationCochrane, Alberta

Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:49 PM

View PostDave Forsey, on 16 April 2018 - 01:58 PM, said:

All rendered "in-game" using UE4's Sequencer feature using just what we have in the game itself. So nothing is pre-rendered in that sense, (although we can control the quality) and I don't believe we've added or enhanced anything (otherwise you wouldn't see the model swaps on some of the work-in-progress destruction state changes)

Thanks Dave, appreciate it! I've been sharing it everywhere screaming with joy!

#109 ShootterMcGavin

• PipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 66 posts
  • LocationSlam Diego, CA

Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:25 PM

Nice to see MWO getting some recognition on IGN, too bad they had them on the articles on the main banner for all of a few hours. Also, let's hope they toss up a few articles for BattleTech and give it a solid review!

#110 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:35 PM

I noticed in a lot of the video comment sections, even in the Solaris update videos, people asking if it's available for PS4.

#111 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:59 PM

Im seeing thats the Size of Tanks now scaled up thats very good and seeing Infantry ...only thats only generic Missiontypes with Generic Units give a not so good feeling

#112 Danger817

• PipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 25 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 17 April 2018 - 08:19 AM

I've been waiting for a new Mechwarrior solo game for ages. I'm beyond thrilled with how it looks. I went so far as to build a new computer just for the upcoming Battletech and Mechwarrior games this year because the last build was when MWO came out so it was getting really old.

#113 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 17 April 2018 - 06:05 PM

Hope the MW5 has more as a Generic Story and scripted good Storymissions ...otherside when im seeing MWO or the new Forumcolors ...minimal v.Products

#114 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 10:33 AM

Yeah not for nothing. But creative missions are going to make or break the game. They need a slight element of surprise. Otherwise they'll get repetitive. And of course a sense of treachery to keep things fun. I'm all for unit management elements. But if each fight becomes repetitive grind. Then it'll get boring. Though if we're getting workshop mod support and UE4 is as moddable as they say. Maybe someone will come up with some cool campaigns.

#115 SgtMagor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 02:00 PM

that was a fun video, mechs and tanks exploding, bodies flying thru the air, everything on fire. enjoyed every second, music rocked too! thx for the show.

#116 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 04:05 PM

Before MW5 launches. You should consider trying to hit up some Twitch streamers. The IGN videos get about 20k views and I think the 15 minute video managed to reach 100k. But I've seen indie games get good exposure by hitting up multiple streamers. Course that assumes they enjoy the game and don't trash it. I remember when Lirik played MWO, he seemed to have fun with it, and got quite a few people in the chat interested. And of course MWO's players were in the chat providing tips and help. I wonder if that was the peak of viewers for it on Twitch.

#117 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 19 April 2018 - 02:32 AM

View PostMechaBattler, on 18 April 2018 - 10:33 AM, said:

Yeah not for nothing. But creative missions are going to make or break the game. They need a slight element of surprise. Otherwise they'll get repetitive. And of course a sense of treachery to keep things fun. I'm all for unit management elements. But if each fight becomes repetitive grind. Then it'll get boring. Though if we're getting workshop mod support and UE4 is as moddable as they say. Maybe someone will come up with some cool campaigns.

Hope the PGI also allows full mods and not blocked for fear that Could be a good bet for their Cash cow MWO in good multiplayer mods

#118 ForceUser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 894 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 07:32 AM

View PostOld MW4 Ranger, on 19 April 2018 - 02:32 AM, said:

Hope the PGI also allows full mods and not blocked for fear that Could be a good bet for their Cash cow MWO in good multiplayer mods

From the interview with Alex Garden:

JB: MechWarrior 5 is planned to have a beefy modding system. What is it about fan modding that is attractive to developers? Where do you think there must be limits and where do you feel there must be encouragement?

AG: For me personally, the attraction to modding as a developer is intrinsically linked to my attraction to modding as a player. As a developer I know we can’t do everything under the sun; we can (and should) only take certain systems so far, both to keep development time under control and to work toward building something with a vision that’s attractive to a wide range of people. Modding can provide a game with a great deal of additional longevity because it empowers creativity and freedom in its players, which is always a good thing. As both a player and a developer, that’s valuable to me.

MechWarrior is also amazingly well suited to mod support. The world is so deep, the systems so complex, being able to provide tools to the community for unlocking even more of its potential is exciting.

That said, there always need to be limits, purely from a technical, development-focused standpoint. A lot of the core systems are deeply embedded in code and are not easily exposed to ‘clean’ modding. We need to ensure the game isn’t going to fall apart at the drop of a hat because we unnecessarily exposed a vital piece of its skeleton. The goal is to provide as much room for creativity and expansion for the players as possible, while ensuring the core pillars of the game – and its stability – remain intact.

https://realotakugam...r-piranha-games

4 MW5 Articles:

Real Otaku Gamer: https://realotakugam...r-piranha-games

PC Gamer: https://www.pcgamer....estructibility/

Rock, Paper, Shotgun: https://www.rockpape...ctible-scenery/

IGN: http://uk.ign.com/ar...-things-go-boom

Edited by ForceUser, 19 April 2018 - 07:30 AM.

#119 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 08:38 AM

View PostOld MW4 Ranger, on 19 April 2018 - 02:32 AM, said:

Well that's just not smart business for them. The only reason to play MWO is to play against other people. If there's an alternative of their own making out there, it'll just kill MWO. I don't think it's reasonable to expect them to be okay with that.

#120 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 21 April 2018 - 04:08 AM

ok ...only seeing today genric missions ...who a story ?

for a single-player play is an exciting story with interesting scripted inserts but the main supporting element

today im only seeing a Coop ...TD against AI Bots ..Thats only it is just the missing PvE part for MWO with bots with no big sense, and everything would be better than additional mode in mWO reserved instead of bad FP

Hope of More for MW5 we will seeing ...other side by start from MWO ..the greatest experience from a MW games ...Joysticksupport and Razor Artemis Joystick ...how many Dreams and Hopes set PGI in MWO ...and the Devs hopes to find the Folks thats fullfill her Dreams

this Preview is not so hyped and more realistic

https://www.rockpape...ry/#more-535547

Edited by Old MW4 Ranger, 23 April 2018 - 05:59 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users