#61 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 01 February 2018 - 03:29 AM

View PostJiang Wei, on 01 February 2018 - 03:09 AM, said:

You must be joking. If thats not a joke then PGI will be the laughing stock of game developers for years to come. It has to be a joke..... they cant possibly be that stupid....

its not new for PGI ..its a way since 17 Years ..MWO the first susessfull Game from PGI after Game/Console Coversions and the Die Hard:Nakatomi Place disaster ..and in the mWO Timeline MW5 the first news after the Transverse Debacle

#62 ForceUser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 894 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 04:16 AM

View PostJiang Wei, on 01 February 2018 - 03:09 AM, said:

You must be joking. If thats not a joke then PGI will be the laughing stock of game developers for years to come. It has to be a joke..... they cant possibly be that stupid....

Why? The game is being marketed as a single player game with 4 player co-op. Single player games are quite common and do quite well with hundreds of recent examples I could list. If you want to play multiplayer in the battletech universe then a game already exists for exactly that, it's called MWO. We might see an updated MWO at some point using the MW5/Unreal engine and my money would definitely be on exactly that.

Why would game developers laugh at PGI for making a single player game that won't harm their only real source of income? In fact, I'd say that the crazy/nonsensical thing to do would in fact be to include PvP multiplayer in MW5. From a financial stand point it'd be absolutely crazy and from a company survival point of view it'd be extremely unwise. If MWO didn't exist then sure it'd be a no brainer to add PvP multiplayer but that is as far as we can tell PGI's only source of income.

So how about you explain to me how removing that source of income would benefit PGI or any future plans they might have of improving or porting MWO to unreal engine?

#63 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 01 February 2018 - 07:50 AM

View PostForceUser, on 01 February 2018 - 04:16 AM, said:

Why? The game is being marketed as a single player game with 4 player co-op. Single player games are quite common and do quite well with hundreds of recent examples I could list. If you want to play multiplayer in the battletech universe then a game already exists for exactly that, it's called MWO. We might see an updated MWO at some point using the MW5/Unreal engine and my money would definitely be on exactly that.

Why would game developers laugh at PGI for making a single player game that won't harm their only real source of income? In fact, I'd say that the crazy/nonsensical thing to do would in fact be to include PvP multiplayer in MW5. From a financial stand point it'd be absolutely crazy and from a company survival point of view it'd be extremely unwise. If MWO didn't exist then sure it'd be a no brainer to add PvP multiplayer but that is as far as we can tell PGI's only source of income.

So how about you explain to me how removing that source of income would benefit PGI or any future plans they might have of improving or porting MWO to unreal engine?

ok ...which singlepalyer Games in the last 10 Years have not a full MPlayer ?????which MMOs have Campaigns and Pve like Star Conflict or War Thunder???

and how intelligent is it a very small team which is already overloaded and overwhelmed for a singleplayer game to split where you can deliver for MWO nothing big conteern Singleplayewithout mechs?

Edited by Old MW4 Ranger, 02 February 2018 - 03:25 AM.

#64 ForceUser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 894 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 09:52 AM

View PostOld MW4 Ranger, on 01 February 2018 - 07:50 AM, said:

ok ...why singlepalyer Games in the last 10 Years have not a full MPlayer aside ?????why MMOs have Campaigns and Pve aside like Star Conflict or War Thunder???

and how intelligent is it a very small team which is already overloaded and overwhelmed for a singleplayer game to split where you can deliver for MWO nothing big content awithout mechs?

Dude, none of what you say ever makes any sense. Yea, I get it, you probably don't speak a lick of english but I have no idea what you are saying.

#65 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 05:13 PM

View PostOld MW4 Ranger, on 01 February 2018 - 07:50 AM, said:

ok ...why singlepalyer Games in the last 10 Years have not a full MPlayer aside ?????why MMOs have Campaigns and Pve aside like Star Conflict or War Thunder???

and how intelligent is it a very small team which is already overloaded and overwhelmed for a singleplayer game to split where you can deliver for MWO nothing big content awithout mechs?

They are making it on the unreal engine. Its one of the most modifiable engines on the market. Even if PGI can't deliever what they promised the community could easily take over and make the game work using mods and if modders can get multiplayer Elder Scrolls Morrowind working than anything is possible.

#66 Jiang Wei

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 03:18 AM

I was referring to the part that said they are worried about a negative impact on MWO. That has to be a joke. PGI knows very well that everyone wants a full multiplayer MW5, and their refusal to give that to us is what will make them a laughing stock for all time. Its the biggest **** move they could possibly ever do to their MW5 customers.

They are going to make the game moddable, but will they make it impossible to be modded to be a full multiplayer game? If modders will be able to make MW5 a full multiplayer game, why arent they doing it themselves? It seems pretty pointless for them to not do full MP themselves, unless they are going to encript code that prevents full MP from being modded. I wouldnt be surprised if they did that.

Edited by Jiang Wei, 02 February 2018 - 03:24 AM.

#67 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 02 February 2018 - 03:33 AM

the old Morrowind and MWO very different ...Has the little MWO Community enough People thats have experience with Modding in the Unreal 4 Engine ???and bring a real Multiplayer Mod in a Single Player Game is a very hard Project ...seeing morrowind has it 15 ! Years later by a very great and wideranged Modcommunity .

Edited by Old MW4 Ranger, 02 February 2018 - 03:33 AM.

#68 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 02 February 2018 - 07:23 AM

View PostOld MW4 Ranger, on 02 February 2018 - 03:33 AM, said:

the old Morrowind and MWO very different ...Has the little MWO Community enough People thats have experience with Modding in the Unreal 4 Engine ???and bring a real Multiplayer Mod in a Single Player Game is a very hard Project ...seeing morrowind has it 15 ! Years later by a very great and wideranged Modcommunity .

Going by what PGI said, the ground work for multiplayer MW5 is there, through the CO-OP campaign that is planned for it. A few dedicated modders should be able to get it going fully, so I wouldn't be surprised to see it a few years after.

#69 ForceUser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 894 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 08:13 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 02 February 2018 - 07:23 AM, said:

Going by what PGI said, the ground work for multiplayer MW5 is there, through the CO-OP campaign that is planned for it. A few dedicated modders should be able to get it going fully, so I wouldn't be surprised to see it a few years after.

If it's a few years I have a feeling we'll have a similar situation to what we have now with LL. MWO will be rebuilt in the Unreal engine and modders will have a tiny community playing a modded MW5 multiplayer with the majority in the updated MWO.

It has all happened before and it will all happen again.

Edited by ForceUser, 02 February 2018 - 08:13 AM.

#70 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 08:18 AM

View PostForceUser, on 02 February 2018 - 08:13 AM, said:

If it's a few years I have a feeling we'll have a similar situation to what we have now with LL. MWO will be rebuilt in the Unreal engine and modders will have a tiny community playing a modded MW5 multiplayer with the majority in the updated MWO.

It has all happened before and it will all happen again.

That is exactly what I figure is going to happen, with all the work they are doing on MW5, I completely expect them to take those assets and build a new cash cow (MWO2), other wise it would be a bit strange for PGI to go to all of that effort to just walk away from it all.

#71 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 11:02 AM

View PostOld MW4 Ranger, on 02 February 2018 - 03:33 AM, said:

My point was that while Morrowind had a basic mod support the engine was massively limited compared to the versions later on. MW5 being on the unreal engine a more modern engine that has the means to mod and program games built in is already there. If people can take an engine like Morrowind's and make it play multiplayer on such an old engine, then why couldn't a few modders with a modern engine couldn't get MW5 to have multiplayer pvp?

Unreal and Unity are the two engines most people start out on when they first learn to make a video game. Unreal Engine is a standard engine for most developers to turn too when developing a game. So it has a community that is willing to teach new developers. Why couldn't you mod MW5 to have basically anything you could want from a Mechwarrior title?

Plus I might be misremembering but didn't PGI want to have steam workshop support?

#72 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 11:12 AM

View PostBrody319, on 02 February 2018 - 11:02 AM, said:

My point was that while Morrowind had a basic mod support the engine was massively limited compared to the versions later on. MW5 being on the unreal engine a more modern engine that has the means to mod and program games built in is already there. If people can take an engine like Morrowind's and make it play multiplayer on such an old engine, then why couldn't a few modders with a modern engine couldn't get MW5 to have multiplayer pvp?

Unreal and Unity are the two engines most people start out on when they first learn to make a video game. Unreal Engine is a standard engine for most developers to turn too when developing a game. So it has a community that is willing to teach new developers. Why couldn't you mod MW5 to have basically anything you could want from a Mechwarrior title?

Plus I might be misremembering but didn't PGI want to have steam workshop support?

PGI said that they would support mods for MW5, so that is kid of a big deal...

As for the Morrowind engine, did you know that the same engine was used for all Beteshda games since then.... That's right, Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3, Fallout NV, Skyrim and Fallout 4 all run on the same engine... by that logic, those same modders could give multi-player to Fallout 4 given enough time...

#73 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 11:22 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 02 February 2018 - 11:12 AM, said:

PGI said that they would support mods for MW5, so that is kid of a big deal...

As for the Morrowind engine, did you know that the same engine was used for all Beteshda games since then.... That's right, Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3, Fallout NV, Skyrim and Fallout 4 all run on the same engine... by that logic, those same modders could give multi-player to Fallout 4 given enough time...

There was a multiplayer skyrim project going for a while not sure anything came of it.

Also the engine has been heavily modified enough that its classified as a new engine even though in the code it still makes calls to the "GameBryo engine" in some areas. So Skyrim and Fallout 4 are on the creation engine not the same one used for Fallout 3, Oblivion and morrowind.

#74 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 03 February 2018 - 08:55 AM

never PGI stand beside and seeing thats Modders make a better MWO2 and destroy the only Money generated Game of PGI

the Problem 2 thats im seeing is not the modding ...the problem is the Community from MWO and MW5 ...MWO com is only a little Part from the great Com before 3 Years, most old Folks gone ..Folks with experience in modding and Engine ...new comes, most with nothing experience in MWO or modding ...HBS is near Start with BT game ...many Folks with Modding experience going to HBS ...which interest by Modders has a only Singleplayer/Coop Game from PGI ...the Studio with great words and less work? PGI not found People with enough experience for cry 3 in all the Years or leave it to other Companys like Relic...first im will seeing more from MW5 (scripted Missions) as im have each hope in it...thats is the Company who MWO for 3 Yaers looks better as today ..and say IK come back and a great CW and the best MW game ever ...and a special joystik for MWO from razor the artemis come exclusiv for MWO...what all has say PGI ...and now Problems to make good looking animations for mechs

Edited by Old MW4 Ranger, 04 February 2018 - 11:01 PM.

#75 SgtMagor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 12:29 PM

I see that HBS has put melee in Battletech game, maybe i missed the info about MW5 Mercs, hope melee is added to game, would like to see mechs like the Axman, Berserker, and No-Dachi.

sweet pic

Posted Image

Edited by SgtMagor, 06 February 2018 - 12:34 PM.

#76 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 22 February 2018 - 12:47 AM

Looking really good.

#77 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,335 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 06 March 2018 - 02:28 AM

View PostSgtMagor, on 06 February 2018 - 12:29 PM, said:

I see that HBS has put melee in Battletech game, maybe i missed the info about MW5 Mercs, hope melee is added to game, would like to see mechs like the Axman, Berserker, and No-Dachi.

sweet pic

Posted Image

HBS Battletech: Turn based extrapolation of the actual board game.

MW5: Real time combat mech sim.

good luck EVER getting melee in game outside of what MW4:Merc's MekTek release did with stuff like BA claws [super short ranged gauss shot essentially]

#78 Jiang Wei

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 02:07 AM

View PostForceUser, on 02 February 2018 - 08:13 AM, said:

modders will have a tiny community playing a modded MW5 multiplayer with the majority in the updated MWO.

That all depends on how good the game play is in the multiplayer settings. There is a huge sleeping giant group of players just waiting for custom player made leagues again like in the old days. Of course PGI isnt gonna wanna give that to us themselves, its not as profitable. With a single player game the only way for them to milk more profit is to make DLC. And you know they will, in the form of mech packs. We will get a basic set of mechs in MW5 and then we would have to buy paks to get more variety. If the game gets modded to multiplayer, and is actually good, people will have incentive to buy the paks in order to be more competitive.

Maybe they are already planning that. Or its just gonna be single shot single player game thats one and done and left behind.

Edited by Jiang Wei, 10 March 2018 - 02:08 AM.

#79 DrHat

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 260 posts
  • LocationDenmark, capital area

Posted 11 March 2018 - 01:30 AM

Dearest of Piranha Games. I am delighted to see your continued efforts to carry the Battletech/Mechwarrior torch onwards and I wish great accomplishments onto you on this particular front. I was a moderator volunteer early on in your MWO efforts and invested a lot of time and money on that game. So what am I about to say, is merely a suggestion I hope you will process:

Mood/Atmosphere: Battletech Noir (think Bladerunner and what Heath Ledger did to the joker), mostly dark and very limited (but not void of-) bright colours

- Some missions/quests are on foot, and not necessarily involving combat. Some are even social.
- Getting into a vehicle/mech should feel very much like getting into a giant machine (and not just a 'fade-to-black' and voila you're in your cockpit. No actually getting into it) and you should always feel like a person in a machine
- Commandeering a mech should feel very heavy, difficult and daunting, but extremely powerful
- Sometimes you need to live in your mech, like tankers in real life sometimes have to live in their tank
- Be in line with- and respective to canon lore, no matter what time period
- The environment should affect you and your mech, and should be immersive (rain, snow, sludge etc. on the cockpit window and mech frame)
- Your mech can break down/get destroyed and its your job to survive that eventuality, as well as mech recovery if desirable/possible
- Game shouldn't be broad like Skyrim, but should be very deep in details for all things it does
- Tactics are very much front and centre. It should Not be a generic action packed arcade shooter. The game And franchise will suffer. Look to the games of old (Mechwarrior 2: Merc, Mechwarrior 2 etc.)...look to the Battletech game coming up and the ones that go before it. This is supposed to be tactical warfare.

I realise some of the suggestions put forward, are not possible and seemingly not the game you have made. I also realise that I am just one person expressing his wishes, but I see no reason why I shouldn't.

In simple terms, the list I've given you, is what I, personally, would wish that this is the general direction the franchise is taken in. Dark, grungy, tactical and powerful and perhaps a little more RPG'esque.

Edited by DrHat, 11 March 2018 - 03:22 AM.

#80 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 12 March 2018 - 03:30 AM

im interesting to seeing News to the Progress of the Game ...next News by Mechcon 18 ? first scripted Mission playable ?
a MW5 HP ..a Twitter and Facebook newssides..and we become only the News thats we seeing in PC Gamers and Mechcon...why 3 Sites and PGI pay for it ,when im all seeing News only in PC gamers and by the Mechcon ???thats is =zero Marketing

https://mw5mercs.com/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users