Posted 15 March 2018 - 09:14 AM

#82 SQW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 10:29 PM

View PostDAYLEET, on 15 March 2018 - 07:53 PM, said:

How much will be left to do to make MWO 2.0 after MW5 is done you guys think? I really hope they dont just go 100% on dlc and actually revive mwo.

Nah, HBS's Battletech is were single player mech game is at.

Have you seen the design choices made by PGI over the years? Stale gameplay modes, bait-n-switch FP/CW, balancing issues, tech web, re-sizing, non-melee Solaris, 8v8 then no 8v8 then yes 8v8 now no 8v8 etc etc. Now PGI is magically expect to make a good single player game with a competent AI and a game system far more complex than MWO (copying MW2: Merc wouldn't cut it in 2018) PLUS a good set of map design/mission variety? If you can't stand fighting human players on stale maps with zero repair cost, what makes you think you'll enjoy fighting dumb AI on stale maps with repair cost?

You can't just throw around buzz words like co-op and mod support and expect people to forget the history of MWO. MW5 is definitely in the wait-for-review pile for me.

#83 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 16 March 2018 - 03:08 AM

only seeing was we seeing by Mechcon in Better Graphic with great Effects (MWO started with same great effects like this Video and IK and later Collisionssystem and Repair and Rearm )...the same generic Cannonfodder AI the same generic Bases and Buildings...

#84 Alexander of Macedon

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 12:11 PM

TBH the MW5 demo vids look like they reskinned MW2 in 2008 and picked a hard-stuck tier 5 to play it.

#85 Xumtiil

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 06:54 AM

I don't get why people are annoyed with the pilot. He did exactly what I'd like him to do - not only show what happens if you do everything perfectly, but also when locks break, when you try to hit over a hill but not quite make it, when you try to LRM around a corner or over a hill, when you walk over and into things.
It is very obvious that the first video the Atlas is in Godmode - nearly unlimited ammo, and his armour doesn't budge one bit from start to finish. The ShadowHawk does get a beating, so they turned off the invulnerability for that video, which is interesting.

Now if only those destructible buildings/environments could find their way in MWO - you can't even blow up a car with a heavy gauss there, let alone make a dent in a building.

#86 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 22 March 2018 - 07:44 AM

Now if only those destructible buildings/environments could find their way in MWO - you can't even blow up a car with a heavy gauss there, let alone make a dent in a building.
never ...the most of the old good MWO Effects gone while PGi has bad programmed the Game and with less experience and Performance and set of a Servercalculated Game...=less Performance

once we have volumetric Smoke in HPG thats make in Zoom the Game to a Slideshow with 1 Pic in the Second

thats was once looks MWO

https://www.youtube....7&v=rkGvP8VFXAI

Edited by Old MW4 Ranger, 23 March 2018 - 03:10 AM.

#87 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 02:44 PM

Most games have lackluster AI. As long as it's not doing something stupid like walking into close range with LRMs or getting stuck on terrain or walls. I think it'll be passable. People didn't like Dawn of War's AI. A modder named Thudmeister made a great AI mod that a lot of the major mods incorporated into their own. In fact a lot of games just give the AI advantages rather than making the AI better, it's just cheaper than actually working on it.

#88 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 30 March 2018 - 12:46 AM

Looks great so far.

Edited by Johnny Z, 30 March 2018 - 12:48 AM.

#89 Atomic Hamster

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 108 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 04 April 2018 - 11:41 AM

View PostMechaBattler, on 26 March 2018 - 02:44 PM, said:

Most games have lackluster AI. As long as it's not doing something stupid like walking into close range with LRMs or getting stuck on terrain or walls. I think it'll be passable. People didn't like Dawn of War's AI. A modder named Thudmeister made a great AI mod that a lot of the major mods incorporated into their own. In fact a lot of games just give the AI advantages rather than making the AI better, it's just cheaper than actually working on it.

Well I posted an example of an old (and probably now dead) futuristic FPS game that had bot team AI capable of handling complex battles with dynamically generated objectives, vertical movement (jetpacks), multiple loadouts, gadgets and deployables (including mechs and tanks) over large battlefields. Unfortunately my post was deleted, possibly because I included a video example of a bot battle - I won't mention the name of the game just in case.

The point is that we have already had AI perfectly capable of dealing with the complexity of MW battles in older games than this, so I see no reason why we should expect poor AI in MW5.

Edited by Atomic Hamster, 04 April 2018 - 11:55 AM.

#90 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 11:57 AM

But the question becomes are they going to bother putting the resources to developing AI on that level? I mean that game had that AI because they clearly cared enough to make that happen. But unless companies are in the business of just sharing their work with other companies. It's not likely to be the same unless PGI puts the effort into making it so.

#91 Atomic Hamster

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 108 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 04 April 2018 - 12:16 PM

I hope so. Bad AI can really kill immersion in an SP game like this, no matter how much eye candy there is. The flip side of this is that a good AI can literally bring it to life, more than any amount of fancy graphics.

And from the Biome video above, looks like the audio/visual side is already pretty polished.

Edited by Atomic Hamster, 04 April 2018 - 12:25 PM.

#92 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 03:34 PM

If you guys were able to play the demo at mechcon, why don't they release it as a download so we can get a taste of it?
Even if it is only one mission type in different environments, it would be interesting to get the feel of the upcoming game.

Hey, you guys in the Ivory Tower, please release the demo for download - - - - -
Peace

#93 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 04 April 2018 - 08:08 PM

View PostAtomic Hamster, on 04 April 2018 - 11:41 AM, said:

Well I posted an example of an old (and probably now dead) futuristic FPS game that had bot team AI capable of handling complex battles with dynamically generated objectives, vertical movement (jetpacks), multiple loadouts, gadgets and deployables (including mechs and tanks) over large battlefields. Unfortunately my post was deleted, possibly because I included a video example of a bot battle - I won't mention the name of the game just in case.

The point is that we have already had AI perfectly capable of dealing with the complexity of MW battles in older games than this, so I see no reason why we should expect poor AI in MW5.

while MWO is the first real own sucessfull Game of PGI in 17 Years ... This Company has only Experience by converting game to console and the Other own Game ...Die Hard :Nakatomi place was a full distaser...this Company learned with MWO his make first Steps to create a Game

Edited by Old MW4 Ranger, 04 April 2018 - 08:09 PM.

#94 Dave Forsey

Senior Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 198 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 07:38 AM

View PostPeace2U, on 04 April 2018 - 03:34 PM, said:

If you guys were able to play the demo at mechcon, why don't they release it as a download so we can get a taste of it? Even if it is only one mission type in different environments, it would be interesting to get the feel of the upcoming game. Hey, you guys in the Ivory Tower, please release the demo for download - - - - - Peace

So just about everything that made that demo a demo has been stripped out or been rendered inoperable by code and blueprints that are destined for the final game. The demo just doesn't exist any more and simply wasn't representative enough of what the final game will be. Someone else can explain what happens to production output when a demo is in the works, let alone when that demo has to out the door to the public.

BTW, I do keep an eye the MW5 conversations in the forums - it's not an ivory tower (I've been there), we're just working as hard as we can to make a good game.

#95 Armored Yokai

• IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1,950 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 05 April 2018 - 10:17 AM

View PostDave Forsey, on 05 April 2018 - 07:38 AM, said:

we're just working as hard as we can to make a good game.

pls make House Kurita Npcs all ace pilots by default and use davions as beginner training NPCs

#96 Hemholtz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 113 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 07:46 AM

View PostArmored Yokai, on 05 April 2018 - 10:17 AM, said:

pls make House Kurita Npcs all ace pilots by default and use davions as beginner training NPCs

Think Armored Yokai mispelled Steiner...

Also, any thoughts on using 80s music to the videos? Don't know why I keep thinking of this video to 80s music

#97 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 10 April 2018 - 04:35 PM

View PostDave Forsey, on 05 April 2018 - 07:38 AM, said:

So just about everything that made that demo a demo has been stripped out or been rendered inoperable by code and blueprints that are destined for the final game. The demo just doesn't exist any more and simply wasn't representative enough of what the final game will be. Someone else can explain what happens to production output when a demo is in the works, let alone when that demo has to out the door to the public.

BTW, I do keep an eye the MW5 conversations in the forums - it's not an ivory tower (I've been there), we're just working as hard as we can to make a good game.

Thanks you,

it look awesome, VTOL and tanks look bigger than the first demo video, it was the only thing that was bothering me.

Waiting for MW5 to happen.

#98 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 05:56 PM

Yes, Thank you Dave F. for taking the time to respond to my inquiry.
I do understand how coding works, and am looking forward to the improvements down the line.
If a working beta/demo does become publicly available,please let this community know about it.
Peace-Out

#99 Kaeb Odellas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:24 AM

This looks new

How MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Makes Things Go Boom.

Not a whole lot of substance to the article or video that's new to anyone on this forum, but it does have new footage of things blowing up. It also has the first MW5 footage of the Hunchback in action.

Edited by Kaeb Odellas, 16 April 2018 - 06:25 AM.

#100 Kasumi Sumika

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,118 posts
  • LocationFeeding the Fires of Rubicon

Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:47 AM

New teaser trailer

Edited by Kasumi Sumika, 16 April 2018 - 06:47 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users