Jump to content

Mw5 Videos


151 replies to this topic

#141 MechaBattler

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 4,626 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 12:40 PM

Fallout New Vegas was made by Obsidian. If you look through the kinds of games they make. They're makers of old school style RPGs. Which is why New Vegas really improved on Fallout 3. Because they embraced the RPG aspect of Fallout. Then Bethesda screwed them over. And rather than follow Obsidian's example. They instead embraced gun mods, base building, that stupid dialogue wheel with meaningless dialogue. Furthermore they voiced the character you are supposed to be. Why the hell would I want to hear someone else's voice for my own character? :/

I don't expect that PGI will embrace RPG elements. They're clearly modeling the game after MW4: Mercenaries. So random missions, random maps, very little story. At least they're not trying to emulate other franchises or make it more mainstream. Supply drops, anyone?

Edited by MechaBattler, 29 August 2018 - 01:32 PM.


#142 Snakesh1t

    Rookie

  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 07:01 AM

View PostMechaBattler, on 29 August 2018 - 12:40 PM, said:

Fallout New Vegas was made by Obsidian. If you look through the kinds of games they make. They're makers of old school style RPGs. Which is why New Vegas really improved on Fallout 3. Because they embraced the RPG aspect of Fallout. Then Bethesda screwed them over. And rather than follow Obsidian's example. They instead embraced gun mods, base building, that stupid dialogue wheel with meaningless dialogue. Furthermore they voiced the character you are supposed to be. Why the hell would I want to hear someone else's voice for my own character? :/

I don't expect that PGI will embrace RPG elements. They're clearly modeling the game after MW4: Mercenaries. So random missions, random maps, very little story. At least they're not trying to emulate other franchises or make it more mainstream. Supply drops, anyone?

To be fair: there weren't ever really RPG elements in the MechWarrior games that I played (Everything but GBL and MW2Mercs)

#143 Old MW4 Ranger

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,796 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 31 August 2018 - 10:55 PM

View PostSnakesh1t, on 31 August 2018 - 07:01 AM, said:

To be fair: there weren't ever really RPG elements in the MechWarrior games that I played (Everything but GBL and MW2Mercs)

yes while most MERcenaries.
All (PC) MW games have very interesting builded scripted Missions.

Edited by Old MW4 Ranger, 31 August 2018 - 10:55 PM.


#144 Powder Puff Pew Pew

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 346 posts
  • LocationI live in a Mech Hangar

Posted 02 September 2018 - 04:55 PM

My biggest request, is since PGI is making this game, is for bonus items, such as special mechs in MW5 for players who have shown loyalty and financial dedication to MWO. Such as meeting a $1000+ dedication, or more than 5 yrs of play.

Games I've played in the past online for example Guild Wars, and Guild Wars 2 had titles, and reaching certain amounts of titles, would carry over to the next game giving rewards in the next generation. I'd like to see this in MW5 for our community fan base. I myself included, so it would be cool to see PGI give a little gift to those who have spent $ to support their business model, and shown loyalty.

Overall, even though the pixelation was terrible the game looks incredible, including sound. Explosions, lazers, missles, recoil, projectiles, tracers, targeting, voice coms, intel, movement, building and tree scale all look incredibly realistic. Much closer to scale looking, totally not what we are used to in MWO.

#145 Thorqemada

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,284 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 05:33 PM

View PostSnakesh1t, on 31 August 2018 - 07:01 AM, said:

To be fair: there weren't ever really RPG elements in the MechWarrior games that I played (Everything but GBL and MW2Mercs)


The most RPG in a Mechwarrior Game (but maybe its better called a Battletech game) is in "Crescent Hawks Inception" and in "Mechwarrior" (the very first 3D Mechwarrior game) you have a few text windows to read and a few decisions to make based on that texts and a very few of these decisions end your game immediately.

Edited by Thorqemada, 08 September 2018 - 05:34 PM.


#146 MechaBattler

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 4,626 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 06:26 PM

View PostSnakesh1t, on 31 August 2018 - 07:01 AM, said:

To be fair: there weren't ever really RPG elements in the MechWarrior games that I played (Everything but GBL and MW2Mercs)


I was only using it as an example of when companies try to emulate 'popular' or mainstream games. Rather than listening to their own fandom. Though going with MW4:Mercs as a model is a mix bag. Since MWO doesn't have any story and is very light on lore. You'd think they would want to embrace story and lore to bring in the people that were looking for that.

#147 Old MW4 Ranger

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,796 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 04 October 2018 - 10:48 PM

https://www.facebook.com/mw5mercs

more infos over external products as over the Game self

#148 Tetatae Squawkins

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Kaetetôã

Posted 06 October 2018 - 07:14 PM

View PostPowder Puff Pew Pew, on 02 September 2018 - 04:55 PM, said:

My biggest request, is since PGI is making this game, is for bonus items, such as special mechs in MW5 for players who have shown loyalty and financial dedication to MWO. Such as meeting a $1000+ dedication, or more than 5 yrs of play.

Games I've played in the past online for example Guild Wars, and Guild Wars 2 had titles, and reaching certain amounts of titles, would carry over to the next game giving rewards in the next generation. I'd like to see this in MW5 for our community fan base. I myself included, so it would be cool to see PGI give a little gift to those who have spent $ to support their business model, and shown loyalty.

Overall, even though the pixelation was terrible the game looks incredible, including sound. Explosions, lazers, missles, recoil, projectiles, tracers, targeting, voice coms, intel, movement, building and tree scale all look incredibly realistic. Much closer to scale looking, totally not what we are used to in MWO.


"Spend $1000 in MWO and get an extra mech!" sounds like an incredibly quick way to have a PR disaster and potentially hurt the sales of the game. Loyalty rewards are fine but the barrier for receiving them should be reasonable.

#149 Odin Gunterson

    Member

  • PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 23 posts
  • LocationAlcorcón

Posted 06 October 2018 - 09:35 PM

View PostTetatae Squawkins, on 06 October 2018 - 07:14 PM, said:

"Spend $1000 in MWO and get an extra mech!"


He said from "dedication" = all over the years. Maybe a few veteran players could have those numbers in their accounts...

#150 Tetatae Squawkins

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Kaetetôã

Posted 06 October 2018 - 10:37 PM

View PostTonxabar, on 06 October 2018 - 09:35 PM, said:


He said from "dedication" = all over the years. Maybe a few veteran players could have those numbers in their accounts...


That's my point.

#151 ShadowFire

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 198 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 02:33 PM

View PostMechaBattler, on 29 August 2018 - 12:40 PM, said:


I don't expect that PGI will embrace RPG elements. They're clearly modeling the game after MW4: Mercenaries. So random missions, random maps, very little story. At least they're not trying to emulate other franchises or make it more mainstream. Supply drops, anyone?


I only wish PGI would have modeled MWO more after MW4 Mercs. It would be a better game.

#152 MechaBattler

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 4,626 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 03:12 PM

Well they are a small company and realistically they couldn't deliver on that much content at the start. Free to play model like World of Tanks is the best they could do. And then cryengine proved to be such a pain in the ***. I wonder how many times now they've had to reprogram stuff.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users