Mw5 Videos

230 replies to this topic

#181 Asmosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 04:05 AM

Do we know if this game will be available for sale on steam/other platforms? or just via the mw5 website.

#182 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 07:40 AM

Havent heard or seen anything new on this game in like 6 months.  Any new news on MW5?  Leaves me wondering how bad and half baked it will be.  That is unless of course the radio sence means they are hard at work creating it.  That or designing the next mech pack...

#183 Wolfos31

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 271 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 09:01 AM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 18 June 2019 - 07:40 AM, said:

Havent heard or seen anything new on this game in like 6 months. Any new news on MW5? Leaves me wondering how bad and half baked it will be. That is unless of course the radio sence means they are hard at work creating it. That or designing the next mech pack...

If you have pre-ordered you're in the Discord where they've been dropping weekly screenshots. Info is a little more sparse. But nothing indicating that the game isn't progressing. Next AMA is tomorrow.

#184 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 09:31 AM

I did not preorder. I have no use for mwo mechs. Plus ive done the preorder on a few games and honestly dont play those games much now. Ill likely get mw5 eventually but not until after its out and I see what its about.

#185 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 19 June 2019 - 02:25 AM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 18 June 2019 - 07:40 AM, said:

Havent heard or seen anything new on this game in like 6 months. Any new news on MW5? Leaves me wondering how bad and half baked it will be. That is unless of course the radio sence means they are hard at work creating it. That or designing the next mech pack...

I tend not to look at MW5 through the 'Glass Half Empty' perspective, and instead try to look at things more positively. That being said though, I have also been with MWO for years and seen how it has evolved, so I am also keeping my expectations in check.

I'm glad to hear there will be another AMA soon. I always enjoy those.

Also, I do hope the game is still on track. If I remember right, that means a closed beta in August, right? :D

#186 Remover of Obstacles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 549 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 11:02 AM

Pre-ordered and looking forward to playing co-op with my kid.

That "COMING 2018" .., yah.

#187 Grimm Shado

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 55 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 03:16 PM

I increasingly feel like the radio silence suggests MW5 is not on track to release on September 10th, 2019.
Today is 76 days from the targeted release date.
People who pre-order were supposed to get early access beta "about a month" before launch. If we assume 30 prior to launch, that would put today at 46 days from first access.
As far as I am aware, the last new video showing gameplay was January 8th, 2019.
PGI also did an interview April 3rd about fixing their procedural level generator.
The AMAs in general have had a tendency to avoid substantive discussion and stick to politician-type generalities. Which I can understand, they are trying to be careful in managing expectations and not overpromising what they can deliver.
The last AMA said "we will have more to show you soon". When is soon? Is it before or after you announce you're further delaying release of the game?

I'm not a turbosalt PGI hater, and I'm not the founder and president of the Russ Bullock fan club. I just want to see more of the game! Even if it's not really showing us anything new, can we just get a new video of robots shooting other robots? Please?
The UI people said they thought the design of the screen where you hire pilots was really cool. Show us that? Something, anything!
What if I promise to actually fire up MWO this week and make a few drops? Would you release a new video then? Or screenshots showing more than mech models shooting or taking fire? Maybe the next MWO event could have a challenge to accumulate so much score or damage and when you meet the challenge you can see new MW5 content.

Edited by Grimm Shado, 26 June 2019 - 03:18 PM.

#188 Asmosis

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 11:16 PM

It's a bit concerning that the game may just fly entirely under the radar.

It seems like it should be promising, they already have mech combat well done and from what I've seen it appears similar to the HBS BattleTech turn based game with a story, random missions and probably some travelling which would be great.

I wouldn't take silence as a bad thing, its more a case of 'we've shown all we can without going into spoilers' territory now which is fine.

#189 BROARL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 301 posts
  • Locationcommunity warfare

Posted 28 June 2019 - 10:46 PM

i understand MW5 is not PvP. ...does this mean no penalties for team damage?

#190 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 01 July 2019 - 03:25 AM

View PostAsmosis, on 26 June 2019 - 11:16 PM, said:

...I wouldn't take silence as a bad thing, its more a case of 'we've shown all we can without going into spoilers' territory now which is fine.

Not to mention, PGI are probably fully immersed in their work, and have their nose to the grindstone. Basically, they are hard at work to make that deadline and therefore really don't have the time to create more promotional video content. HBS went through the same thing with BattleTech leading up to it's launch. Put all focus on getting the game done and out.

#191 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 03:11 PM

I'd make a promo vid if I could. They have stated that though it won't be online play, it will have co-op, which is all I need to make films.

#192 Azhrael

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 48 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 08:24 PM

IMHO all they need to do is throw a Battletech/Warframe style of sandy-boxy campaign with the current MWO game and profit.

#193 BackShot

• PipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 87 posts

Posted 28 July 2019 - 03:29 AM

woaaaw that old game looks nice ! is it avalaible for less than 5 dollars on GOG ?

#194 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 09:03 AM

View PostRemover of Obstacles, on 26 June 2019 - 11:02 AM, said:

Pre-ordered and looking forward to playing co-op with my kid.

That "COMING 2018" .., yah.

End of 2018's Mech Con, they said it was being delayed til September 2019 to work out some issues.

Months later they released this.

Basically, they had some issues with the map generator and AI interacting with it. I'm certain that if they showed this they fixed most of it.
But given how limited PGI's staff is in terms of development on the programming end, if they had any especially difficult issue (which they've delayed the game to December or so I've heard), the Epic deal makes sense even if we don't like it. With an Epic exclusivity deal if the developer is using Unreal Engine and is having difficulties, Epic will send out engine experts to solve those issues.

Since it was combined with a delay, it's reasonable to consider that PGI was still having an issue they couldn't solve.

#195 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 09:14 AM

In that video, the closing statements by Jordan Weisman, I think part of it is aimed at PGI, at anyone running the franchise. From 9:20, "What have I learned? Always respect your audience, respect the investment they make. If you're lucky enough to have created something that people care about, you just can't do what you want with it. because it is not yours exclusively anymore. There's a lot of people who care about it. Nothing starts big, everything starts small, and you gotta be patient with that. You gotta treat your people well, treat your fans well, and you gotta keep working at it."

#196 Asmosis

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 11:20 PM

Honestly what Epic does for Dev's on its store is amazing. There's the financial side, the technical support side and also public support side when psychotic steam fanboys go way too far.

Between steams toxic userbase, the amount of trash 'games' on the store now and Epics generally positive support I'm inclined to start moving towards Epic as primary store if they could just tidy up some of the basic shop features.

Sidenote:

In that video at 07:32 he mentions the game covers a long timeline. I assumed it was just 3015, but is that only the start point? what years does the game cover?

Edited by Asmosis, 11 August 2019 - 11:30 PM.

#197 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 12:15 AM

I am not certain but I think "Helms Memory Core" and 4th succession war" where mentioned so up to around 3030???

[Edit]
On the Website it says "major events will unfold, and new technologies will be introduced"
Helms Core was 3028
4th Succession war started 3028-3030

I am not certain when production of new tech started after the core was found but should be at least be introduced around the clan Invasion 3050.

Edited by Nesutizale, 12 August 2019 - 12:19 AM.

#198 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 12 August 2019 - 02:57 AM

View PostNesutizale, on 12 August 2019 - 12:15 AM, said:

I am not certain but I think "Helms Memory Core" and 4th succession war" where mentioned so up to around 3030???

[Edit]
On the Website it says "major events will unfold, and new technologies will be introduced"
Helms Core was 3028
4th Succession war started 3028-3030

I am not certain when production of new tech started after the core was found but should be at least be introduced around the clan Invasion 3050.

I just did a quick check of Sarna. I was thinking most things probably started making the rounds by 3040, but I wouldn't doubt if some of the Lostech...err...Foundtech :) was a bit earlier or later.
  • Ultra A/C5 : 3035
  • LBX A/C10: 3035
  • Gauss Rifle: 3040
  • Double Heat Sinks: 3041 (seems late, but according to Sarna)
  • Guardian ECM/BAP: 3045 (Capellans had a EWE equivalent (although weaker) as early as 3025)
  • Large ER/Pulse Laser: 3037
  • Medium Pulse Laser: 3037
  • Small Pulse Laser: 3037
  • TAG: 3044
  • NARC: 3035
  • Streak SRM2: 3035
  • ERPPC: 3037
I did this all from memory, so I may have forgotten a few things. Still, I would say re-discovered tech should hit around 3035 with the bulk (mostly weapons) being around 3037. A couple other goodies will trickle in after that.

#199 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 03:50 AM

So even with the blueprints at hand it took about 7 years till the factories where producing enough stuff to supply enough new tech to all the houses/units/market and upgrade older designs. Still its earlier then I anticipated. I allways had the impression that the tech was realy comming into fruition shortly before (1-2 years) or during the clan invasion as the IS had to found development much faster now then ever before.

#200 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 12 August 2019 - 04:19 AM

View PostNesutizale, on 12 August 2019 - 03:50 AM, said:

So even with the blueprints at hand it took about 7 years till the factories where producing enough stuff to supply enough new tech to all the houses/units/market and upgrade older designs. Still its earlier then I anticipated. I allways had the impression that the tech was realy comming into fruition shortly before (1-2 years) or during the clan invasion as the IS had to found development much faster now then ever before.

I think of it like this... Imagine it's the turn of the 20th century and Ford Motor Company is still producing Model T cars, and then give them the blue prints and all the design documents for a 1964.5 Mustang. I'm sure they could pull off a facsimile of the car somewhat, maybe even somehow manage to get it close. Still, one could see where it might take at least a decade to pull it off. They would have to change tooling methods, create new assembly line procedures, train workers on new methods, etc...

That's just to give a rough idea, however it might really be worse than that. I am under the impression that factories crank out these weapons almost fully automated and that the people in these factories and the corporations that own them might actually not know how any of it works. The workers just hit the start button, put their feet up on the table, and watch the Solaris VII matches while the machines do their work. They might just intervene to hammer on a machine that goes down, etc...

Trying to actually interpret a new blueprint and figure out how to tool a line to produce it might actually be rather difficult since they were so used to letting an automated line produce things. That might be why institutions like New Avalon Institute of Science were required to actually figure some of this stuff out for production.

All that takes time, so I could see why some of this stuff took some time to be produced, even from blueprints.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users