230 replies to this topic

#141 Powder Puff Pew Pew

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 386 posts
  • LocationI live in a Mech Hangar

Posted 02 September 2018 - 04:55 PM

My biggest request, is since PGI is making this game, is for bonus items, such as special mechs in MW5 for players who have shown loyalty and financial dedication to MWO. Such as meeting a $1000+ dedication, or more than 5 yrs of play.

Games I've played in the past online for example Guild Wars, and Guild Wars 2 had titles, and reaching certain amounts of titles, would carry over to the next game giving rewards in the next generation. I'd like to see this in MW5 for our community fan base. I myself included, so it would be cool to see PGI give a little gift to those who have spent $ to support their business model, and shown loyalty.

Overall, even though the pixelation was terrible the game looks incredible, including sound. Explosions, lazers, missles, recoil, projectiles, tracers, targeting, voice coms, intel, movement, building and tree scale all look incredibly realistic. Much closer to scale looking, totally not what we are used to in MWO.

#142 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 05:33 PM

View PostSnakesh1t, on 31 August 2018 - 07:01 AM, said:

To be fair: there weren't ever really RPG elements in the MechWarrior games that I played (Everything but GBL and MW2Mercs)

The most RPG in a Mechwarrior Game (but maybe its better called a Battletech game) is in "Crescent Hawks Inception" and in "Mechwarrior" (the very first 3D Mechwarrior game) you have a few text windows to read and a few decisions to make based on that texts and a very few of these decisions end your game immediately.

Edited by Thorqemada, 08 September 2018 - 05:34 PM.

#143 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 06:26 PM

View PostSnakesh1t, on 31 August 2018 - 07:01 AM, said:

To be fair: there weren't ever really RPG elements in the MechWarrior games that I played (Everything but GBL and MW2Mercs)

I was only using it as an example of when companies try to emulate 'popular' or mainstream games. Rather than listening to their own fandom. Though going with MW4:Mercs as a model is a mix bag. Since MWO doesn't have any story and is very light on lore. You'd think they would want to embrace story and lore to bring in the people that were looking for that.

#144 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 04 October 2018 - 10:48 PM

https://www.facebook.com/mw5mercs

more infos over external products as over the Game self

#145 Tetatae Squawkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,028 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Kaetetôã

Posted 06 October 2018 - 07:14 PM

View PostPowder Puff Pew Pew, on 02 September 2018 - 04:55 PM, said:

My biggest request, is since PGI is making this game, is for bonus items, such as special mechs in MW5 for players who have shown loyalty and financial dedication to MWO. Such as meeting a $1000+ dedication, or more than 5 yrs of play.

Games I've played in the past online for example Guild Wars, and Guild Wars 2 had titles, and reaching certain amounts of titles, would carry over to the next game giving rewards in the next generation. I'd like to see this in MW5 for our community fan base. I myself included, so it would be cool to see PGI give a little gift to those who have spent $ to support their business model, and shown loyalty.

Overall, even though the pixelation was terrible the game looks incredible, including sound. Explosions, lazers, missles, recoil, projectiles, tracers, targeting, voice coms, intel, movement, building and tree scale all look incredibly realistic. Much closer to scale looking, totally not what we are used to in MWO.

"Spend $1000 in MWO and get an extra mech!" sounds like an incredibly quick way to have a PR disaster and potentially hurt the sales of the game. Loyalty rewards are fine but the barrier for receiving them should be reasonable.

#146 Odin Gunterson

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 62 posts
  • LocationLa Florida

Posted 06 October 2018 - 09:35 PM

View PostTetatae Squawkins, on 06 October 2018 - 07:14 PM, said:

"Spend $1000 in MWO and get an extra mech!"

He said from "dedication" = all over the years. Maybe a few veteran players could have those numbers in their accounts...

#147 Tetatae Squawkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,028 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Kaetetôã

Posted 06 October 2018 - 10:37 PM

View PostTonxabar, on 06 October 2018 - 09:35 PM, said:

He said from "dedication" = all over the years. Maybe a few veteran players could have those numbers in their accounts...

That's my point.

#148 ShadowFire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 211 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 02:33 PM

View PostMechaBattler, on 29 August 2018 - 12:40 PM, said:

I don't expect that PGI will embrace RPG elements. They're clearly modeling the game after MW4: Mercenaries. So random missions, random maps, very little story. At least they're not trying to emulate other franchises or make it more mainstream. Supply drops, anyone?

I only wish PGI would have modeled MWO more after MW4 Mercs. It would be a better game.

#149 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 03:12 PM

Well they are a small company and realistically they couldn't deliver on that much content at the start. Free to play model like World of Tanks is the best they could do. And then cryengine proved to be such a pain in the ***. I wonder how many times now they've had to reprogram stuff.

#150 Snakesh1t

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 04:52 PM

I've been playing BF5 to hold me over until this is released, and something dawned on me, all of the BF sequels have come out since MW4Mercs was released.....wow.....

#151 SLUGOTHA

• Pip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 06:00 PM

View PostShadowFire, on 29 October 2018 - 02:33 PM, said:

I only wish PGI would have modeled MWO more after MW4 Mercs. It would be a better game.

I completely agree. more MW4 like elements would have provided a better overall gaming experience.
When they removed ammo costs, I think they lost some of the intrinsic value of each c-bill in the game and the impact of logistics on warfare.

#152 Binary clan

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 10:42 AM

PLEASE PGI!

Release a goood, bug free, tested, fun game! that is complete and ready to roll!

You do this! I will buy!

Right now gamers are not gonna tolerate any bull crap after fallout 76 and battlefront!

#153 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 December 2018 - 06:01 PM

Since it hasn't been posted here yet.
https://youtu.be/16FT94GTEzo

#154 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 09 December 2018 - 05:19 AM

View PostMechaBattler, on 29 October 2018 - 03:12 PM, said:

Well they are a small company and realistically they couldn't deliver on that much content at the start. Free to play model like World of Tanks is the best they could do. And then cryengine proved to be such a pain in the ***. I wonder how many times now they've had to reprogram stuff.

3 Months for a Conversion from Cry 3 to Cry 5 with VR support and Dx12 ...only problem ,after the Transverse disaster manyleading Guys with Cryexperience leaves PGI and goes to otehr Companys like Relic or build own Companys ...short before PGI brings the first Infos to MW5 they searched many peoples with cryengine Experience over Years for hiring...im thinking they found more People with UE Expperience thats now Worked to MW5 ..and MWO ...Buy a Mechpack

Edited by Old MW4 Ranger, 09 December 2018 - 05:20 AM.

#155 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 09:50 AM

Well comparing the lists of games made unreal 4 versus Cryengine. There are SO many more Unreal 4 games. So it makes sense there would be more people with experience in Unreal.

#156 NimoStar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 216 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 07:35 PM

I would have several reccomendations:
1- Text with static drawing of character is immersion breaking and bad. Show at least a blurry video (can be a gif, can have interference), a protocolar photo, or dont show at all. A little RPG drawing makes you feel it is less real.
2- Would it really be that hard making you see how you actually board the mech before the mission? The "black screen skip" seems like a cop-out. You are there, the 'mech is there. Make the cockpit open and get you in position. Can be a scripted sequence.
3- Betty voice (onboard computer) almost can't be understood due to distortion, also speaks very slow. Excessive distortion of voices seems to be a common problem here. It should be clear and understandable since it essentially an extension of your GUI. 4- Fields don't look convincing for some reason. Probably that all plants looks exactly the same. Also perfectly spaced. Procedurally add height variations and placement imperfection. Wreckage fire looks unconvincing as well.
5- Things like radar dishes could have dynamic damage instead of just shattering when critical. Look at Age of Empires 3 structure damage system.

Nice features:
Vehicles, aircraft, AI, destroyable buildings, appropiate paper doll schemes to look at damage (hope they get implemented in MWO, just like vehicles and aircraft with AI as NPCs, and mech AI filling in for disconnects), co-op (apparently?).

#157 kf envy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 590 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 08:42 PM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 23 December 2017 - 01:34 AM, said:

I'm not sure if these were posted already, i looked around the forums and didn't find them, so here they are.
Posted on the 22nd of December.

April 16 update:

nice xboxone/ps4 graphics in the vids

EDIT: and before you get salty both sony and Microsoft consoels support mouse and keyboard ingame

Edited by kf envy, 23 December 2018 - 08:43 PM.

#158 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 January 2019 - 01:28 PM

New MW5 trailer
https://youtu.be/E6ZK-zJsUKA

#159 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 09 January 2019 - 01:37 PM

looks very good:) Scaling very much better as MWO and IK is in it, nice Weathereffects!

#160 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,335 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 11 January 2019 - 06:02 AM

View PostOld MW4 Ranger, on 09 January 2019 - 01:37 PM, said:

looks very good:) Scaling very much better as MWO and IK is in it, nice Weathereffects!

Did, Did old MW4 Ranger just say something...good...about Mechwarrior 5?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users