#221 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 20 October 2019 - 01:59 AM

View PostNesutizale, on 19 October 2019 - 03:05 PM, said:

The image with the Mauler looks very nice indeed. Still even with using UE4 the game looks...strange. Not exactly dated but the art direction is off somehow.

Like a try to get photo realism but stopping somewhat before archiving it. For example in the Vindcator shot the car looks like a toy car and the mech is so nicely detailed.

Well I am pretty sure that during the normal game action you won't notice that much anyway as your attention would most likely be forcused on your target not the envoirment.

seems to be an issue of not enough light bouncing and reflectio, maybe the background lightning as well.
- but i admit for in game its pretty solid, maybe a little bit to clean - need more dust and ash

#222 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 08:54 PM

Posted Image

#223 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 01:25 AM

Thats a nice dynamic shot. Could use some motion blur on the mech for a still image but that is not an issue when in motion.
The structure in the background seams again a bit off compared to the mech.

The mech has paint that has come off, some damage on the left side if I interpretate the sparks right. Metal parts that shine and slightly reflect. The building...none of it. Like they put every effort into the mechs and added buildings in with the minimum amount of work.

Don't know if that will be a problem. One has to see this kind of things in motion. In MWO I don't bother with the low detailed buildings because I have to focus to much on the enemy.

Edited by Nesutizale, 23 October 2019 - 01:26 AM.

#224 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 01:43 PM

Does anyone remember when the new "promotion" stuff was going to be released? I think it was beginning of november?

#225 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,335 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 31 October 2019 - 02:03 PM

View PostNesutizale, on 31 October 2019 - 01:43 PM, said:

Does anyone remember when the new "promotion" stuff was going to be released? I think it was beginning of november?

It's expected to start early november yeah, they want a "month long marketing push" So it'll probably start within the first two weeks of november. But I've been so woefully wrong about decisions made by PGI up to this point, I'm not willing to make any bets. There's still a chance we could see another delay. Who knows.

#226 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 01 November 2019 - 10:57 AM

View PostCMDR Sunset Shimmer, on 31 October 2019 - 02:03 PM, said:

It's expected to start early november yeah, they want a "month long marketing push" So it'll probably start within the first two weeks of november. But I've been so woefully wrong about decisions made by PGI up to this point, I'm not willing to make any bets. There's still a chance we could see another delay. Who knows.

I'd expect similar, especially since they decided to take the Epic bucks. I'd think that would help contribute to their advertising. Like you said though, who knows with PGI.

#227 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 11:59 AM

What was the joke "90 days TM" ? ^_^

#228 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 08:14 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Apparently these were posted on Twitter. Apparently our den of scum and villainy is unworthy.

#229 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 02 November 2019 - 03:15 AM

First image...does the PPC create a faint shockwave or is that from an reactor explosion or whatever explodes in the back?
I think it would be nice visualy but if it would have a small game FX with it that targets inside the blast radius also get a brief electric statics effect like the HUD going fizzy for a second, nothing to powerfull, would be cool.

Also like the particle stream effect.

Edited by Nesutizale, 02 November 2019 - 03:16 AM.

#230 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 10 November 2019 - 12:17 PM

Looks like a shockwave (from the PPC, which kinda makes sense because PPCs have kinetic energy).

For comparison this is the post-impact effect in MWO.
Posted Image

The explosions from reactors if the first reveal of MW5 Mercs is any indication are orange and significantly smaller.

Also... the tree LoD is absolutely terrible, very CryEngine MWO-ish. In fact, they're the same baseline trees.

Edited by Koniving, 10 November 2019 - 12:25 PM.

#231 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 10 November 2019 - 12:26 PM

Gauss Rifle impact post-effect (hit from behind)
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users