#1 Pugghunter666

Rookie

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 2 posts
  • LocationCalgary,Alberta,Canada

Posted 31 December 2017 - 09:51 PM

dear PGI,

Please return faction warfare to the original way to play it.
Houses against house, clans against clans and houses against clans.
That was the only way people have played it and I for one see players not liking that you have not followed any of the original timeline from the battletech universe.
So if you would like to see your player base climb again, return the faction play to the 2.0 version and see as much as 2500 players return to MWO.
I also have heard about your way to IP ban players that use hacks and still you have the game pay to play which is why your player base again is down to only half what it was in the last 2 years I have been playing.
if you would like to increase your player base drop prices for MC and allow mech bays to be paid for with c-bills and I promise you that players will return for the real game in which it is suppose to be played.
I have loved this game and the battletech universe since the 80's when it was just a tabletop game for those of us that understand the concept of win or die has been part of me and my family for 30 years.
also do not let the bigger player units dictate the outcome of a game that can be so much better if you listen to all the players that have been there since the beginning of its creation.
Show the community that you are not a money grabbing corporation and a caring group of battletech enthusiasts that wants player to play not wreck a game that is fun and intriguing.
I have put money into your game and now I refuse to do so and I have people that will join me in boycotting your product if you can not see the travesty you have created that has us real MechWarrior standing against the tyranny of a few bad eggs in your midst.
Show the players that you can do the right thing and give us our game back the way it is suppose to be played.
well my rant is over and now I leave the community to choose the fait of the universe that is BATTLETECH.

FROM YOUR FRIEND Puggshunter ambassador of the Outworlds alliance and friend to clan snow raven

#2 Termin8rSmurf

• PipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 45 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 31 December 2017 - 09:56 PM

I don't use this forum much, and as a result I don't know how to upvote anything, but if I could, I would upvote the hell out of this!

#3 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 31 December 2017 - 11:34 PM

There is NO bucket population problem. FW never has tried a system which shared both offensive and defensive buckets, only defensive. The result was Jade Falcon became stacked and the only active combat front. However, the front system was vastly more entertaining then the dreck we have now.

Match maker can be made to work easily as long as any faction does not fight its own members and the opposition is not composed of mixed techbase. This actually multiplies the number of valid matches not divides it. The only other problem I see is the eight hour window for numerous contested worlds. That solution is obvious. Save the progress at ceasefire or eliminate the ceasefire all together. The fact that these simple and common sense ideas have not been implemented strongly points to the complete abandonment of the mode by the developers.

I have thought about all these issues at great length in the past but the effort will seemingly never come to fruition.

Edited by Spheroid, 31 December 2017 - 11:40 PM.

#4 GweNTLeR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 583 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 07:32 AM

What is your proposal exactly? To get rid of modes other than SIEGE or SCOUTING? Or just let houses fight one vs another?

#5 Rexxxxxxxxx

• PipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 03:27 PM

Wait times were horrible before the combined buckets.
I just want to fight.

Though it would be nice to do Inner Sphere vs Inner Sphere once in a while. Especially now with the IS buffs.

#6 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 03:43 PM

Not happening because pop is low, vicious cycle. During the slow parts of the day, there are about 10 minutes per match average or about 24x3=72 players. Now spread them across 10+ factions.

#7 Spheroid

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 02 January 2018 - 05:20 PM

@Nightbird: If you combine factions for attack though it really is the same bucket. A waiting group would fight I.S or Clan as long as it is not itself.

Steel Viper would fight Diamond Shark(or Nova Cat) or some such. It doesn't even matter if Clan is massively overpopulated relative I.S. as long that population can fight while waiting for an I.S. opponent the system will work. Right now there is sufficient spread among the seven factions to form opposition pairings.

If you got really desperate you could say team B could go up to 49% same faction membership relative team A, but I don't think that would arise. You most likely would get an I.S. match before the floodgate was forced that wide. Most likely the sorting could be more narrow, say based on political affiliation or physical borders relative a contested world.

These are very simple tweaks to the sorting logic, nothing exotic.

Edited by Spheroid, 02 January 2018 - 08:27 PM.

#8 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 05:32 PM

@Spheroid, that's not 2.0 then, but 4.0. I would like to see resource invested into FP, but Russ already twitted no resource for FP in 2018 so.... Also, I'd like to see dynamic payment adjustments based on tonnage and skill level differences I posted below since MWO is a low pop game and it's a way for unequally skilled teams to have a fair match.

https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__5903960

Edited by Nightbird, 02 January 2018 - 05:36 PM.

#9 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 02 January 2018 - 05:39 PM

The best fix for FP is just better teamwork in the pug groups.

#10 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 02 January 2018 - 06:29 PM

View PostRexxxxxxxxx, on 02 January 2018 - 03:27 PM, said:

I just want to fight.

Though it would be nice to do Inner Sphere vs Inner Sphere once in a while. Especially now with the IS buffs.

Not quite. Wait times became epic only after phase 3. Back in phase 2 they were totally reasonable for most time zones. Alas, the irony that phase 3 killed the mode and it is that history which now lingers over everything and assures that the population will never be viable enough to support a split queue, or a MM, or the lofty dream of a return to multiple buckets.

Between the reality and the dream lies the shadow, and all CW can now only ever hope to be is a pale imitation of that which it cast in phase 2.

#11 Kin3ticX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 02 January 2018 - 08:34 PM

OP knows whats up. Phase 2 praise be.

#12 UnKnownPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 266 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 11:43 PM

View PostRexxxxxxxxx, on 02 January 2018 - 03:27 PM, said:

I just want to fight.

Wait times were horrid before if you were clan, the IS got drops instantly because the clan population was stacked in single factions, like is mentioned in here. This came about because of imbalances in the game and the fact that IS vs IS was no longer a thing. Bring back IS vs. IS and Clan vs. Clan it would be interesting the see the behaviors of who would choose which factions then and the impact this would have on the balance whining posts in the forums.

View PostSpheroid, on 31 December 2017 - 11:34 PM, said:

The only other problem I see is the eight hour window for numerous contested worlds. That solution is obvious. Save the progress at ceasefire or eliminate the ceasefire all together.

You would still need to have some kind of limit as to when the planet was "won", maybe this should be a simple progress bar limit rather than time based as we still see the same problems now with the ceasefire timer as you do on events, the numbers in FW increase until the ceasefire as people scramble to move the bar and then the population dies off the second that the cycle ends.
Removing the cycle timer and ceasefire mechanic would solve this.
Another option would be to make the timer a period of time which does not multiply in to 24. e.g. 7 hours, 9 hours or 11 etc. so that the cycle slowly rotates through the different time zones and stops the artificial population behavior which currently occurs and gives some less populous time zones the chance to have more of an impact on the map.

Edited by UnKnownPlayer, 02 January 2018 - 11:44 PM.

#13 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,952 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 02 January 2018 - 11:47 PM

FP 2.0 was pretty brutal

I don't think you realize what your asking for

getting stomped by KCOM and or EVIL is nothing compared with the brutal beatings we took
in FP 2.0

#14 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 03 January 2018 - 01:28 AM

What faction play needs is some refocusing..

Right now, factions mean nothing other than a bigger/smaller payout if you are a merc..

They need to add things like mech availability or different pricing for holding specific planets, they need to focus on factions over units, and they need to make regular events featuring FP..

The recent Clan Vs Clan and IS Vs IS was great, but it can't be only for loyalists, and it must be regulated with player payouts..

Nobody is gonna be a Wolf or a Jade Falcon, if Nova Cats have +50% payouts and Wolves get a -40% pay cut.. Also, it's currently impossible to field a wolf 12-man.. and the game is dominated yet again by big units, who are so arrogant and so overbearing that people are known to simply disco out when facing them..

#15 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 January 2018 - 02:12 AM

Sometimes i would like to shoot some pink birds...

#16 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 05 January 2018 - 03:31 AM

View PostNightbird, on 02 January 2018 - 05:32 PM, said:

@Spheroid, that's not 2.0 then, but 4.0. I would like to see resource invested into FP, but Russ already twitted no resource for FP in 2018 so.... Also, I'd like to see dynamic payment adjustments based on tonnage and skill level differences I posted below since MWO is a low pop game and it's a way for unequally skilled teams to have a fair match.

https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__5903960

Yeah it's pretty funny Russ coming out and saying no more resources to FP until after Solaris is finished... Yet they didn't deliver half of what they said they would in 2017 (from the 2016 discussions)... And stuff they did deliver was 9 months late.

Shocking really.

That said if utter disgraceful patch/upgrade/death sentence that was FP3.0 was not dropped upon us - IMO - FP would not have died off and MWO as a whole, as much as it did.

Killing off a number of large units and players was a true masterstroke of ignorance.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 05 January 2018 - 04:03 AM.

#17 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,269 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 05 January 2018 - 03:45 AM

View PostPugghunter666, on 31 December 2017 - 09:51 PM, said:

[...]
I also have heard about your way to IP ban players that use hacks and still you have the game pay to play which is why your player base again is down to only half what it was in the last 2 years I have been playing.

if you would like to increase your player base drop prices for MC and allow mech bays to be paid for with c-bills and I promise you that players will return for the real game in which it is suppose to be played.
[...]

Was cheating realy ever a problem or was it always the whine from players that feeled missthreated (wich is still a strong issue in MWO regarding certain groups of players) by other players?

MWO never was pay to play and still is not.
It is only pay to get more mechs faster.
Mechbays are for free if you just grab all the MC rewards put out by pgi and buy some mechbays.
Also FP is a thing of the past the new focus of PGI is on esports and Solaris.
Would be a lot of work and freebys don't earn you anything.
But wannabe dominant esport people tend to throw out loads of money for "make me look cool and dangerous junk" that is shown to them by all the selfportraying Youtube and Twitch streamers.

#18 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 05 January 2018 - 04:05 AM

Hacking/Cheating has never really been a major issue. Bad players make out it's a huge problem, but it just isn't. They dont know the difference between good play and hacks anyhow

#19 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 05 January 2018 - 04:06 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 05 January 2018 - 03:31 AM, said:

Yeah it's pretty funny Russ coming out and saying no more resources to FP until after Solaris is finished... Yet they didn't deliver half of what they would in 2017 (from the 2016 discussions)... And stuff they did deliver was 9 months late.

Shocking really.

That said if utter disgraceful patch/upgrade/death sentence that was FP3.0 was not dropped upon us - IMO - FP would not have died off and MWO as a whole, as much as it did.

Killing off a number of large units and players was a true masterstroke of ignorance.

The guy that was in charge of phase 3 quit the December before phase 3 came out. No way to know for sure what kind of setback that is but it must have been something considering the results. Phase 3 really was the end of CW, there was no going back once all those units slowly broke up. In hindsight, just taking phase 2 at its best state and piecemealing 2 or 3 line items every couple months would have been way better than doing phases 3 and 4.

#20 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 05 January 2018 - 05:01 AM

Well Phase 3 came out some 3-4 months later IIRC. In terms of a development life cycle etc, what was coming was already well and truly decided upon.

Totally agree - just adding bits and pieces would've been better than LongTom, Loyalist Blockage and Single Queue's - 3 totally incorrect moves.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users