General Consensus Of Supply Caches?

66 replies to this topic

#21 Phoolan Devi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fenrik
  • Fenrik
  • 366 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 11:02 AM

I opened all of my caches. Selling them is a waste!

#22 TWIAFU

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 10 January 2018 - 12:28 PM

View PostKevinZhang, on 08 January 2018 - 10:59 AM, said:

I’ve got a bunch hoarded from games and some keys left from past events. I keep hearing people throwing around the idea that PGI is on the verge of changing them but haven’t seen any solid posts or evidence. Are the changes just rumors? Or should I hold on to them for now?

Nothing concrete yet.

If I was in your position, knowing what little we do about them, I would open them with my FREE keys/FREE MC.

Beyond that, I would not spend real money to unlock and wait til something is firm on the future of boxes.

That's what I would do.

#23 LowSubmarino

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 12:58 PM

Theres no high enough incentive to even take the seconds to open them.

I opened 30 or so and I got srm4s or large pulse lasers. Never once mc i went for or anything even remotely valuable. Chances to win anything is just abysmal. Now I have hundreds of unopened caches.

#24 Magnus Santini

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 708 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:56 PM

PGI heard you like minigames...

#25 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:17 PM

I just got 2 PPC's in a row

what are the odds of that happening lol

#26 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:27 PM

I too have a buttload of unopened supply caches. I have so many I don't even feel like taking the time to sell them. Is there a way to sell them all at once?

Edited by NRP, 12 January 2018 - 06:28 PM.

#27 Yosharian

• Bad Company
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:30 PM

View PostPhoolan Devi, on 10 January 2018 - 11:02 AM, said:

I opened all of my caches. Selling them is a waste!

This makes no sense. How is it a 'waste'?

It's wasteful to spend your hard-earned real money on trash items

#28 gooddragon2

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:38 AM

I only keep the ones with mc and mechbays.

If you get a mech from one, does a mechbay come with it?

#29 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:02 AM

View PostYosharian, on 12 January 2018 - 06:30 PM, said:

Crates are very helpful for newer players to earn C-Bills. There are several types of crates that are worth opening with all the free MC you got from the events. This crate is one example: For blue items, you have around 40-50% chance on getting the 50 MC prize, and even if you miss it the 250K C-Bill is pretty decent. Purple items contain 2xLPL which has 350K C-Bill sale value, while ADV Airstrike can be worth 400K, when used. Orange items contain a mechbay and a kickass Warhorn. Yellow items contain a mech and 7 day premium.

Posted Image

Edited by El Bandito, 13 January 2018 - 05:44 AM.

#30 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:44 AM

I open all of mine eventually. i do save them till i get a bunch and then open them in lots of 10 or so. (i save them anyway so i probably have 30-40 atm on each account)

When i do open them i do so for 3 reasons, and the reason why i save them is so i have a bunch of said types when i do open)

1, I need C-bills or a weapon. I then open all with c-bill bonuses or the weapon i need, unless it is an MC crate or a premium crate.

2, I want MC, typically i open these when i am short a few MC to make a purchase. The other day i got 1k MC! WhooHOO!

3, Premium time is needed. This one is my typical reason to open, if i open 10-15, i typically pull a 1-3 days. So if i wanna do some grinding i check my crates to see if i get lucky. If i have a decent amount of crates with 1 day, i usually do.

Mechbays.. I get these at random during my other openings, but if you don't open all crates, ii'd suggest opening these. I must have gotten 8+ bays so far. Far more value in MC than i spend on keys, and honestly most of my crates are free opens anyway from free keys. those 40 keys i got this summer were sweet! Other events i got keys but never got the crates, so extra keys there too.

#31 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:51 AM

View PostYosharian, on 12 January 2018 - 06:30 PM, said:

ITs statements like this that make me shake my head.. Hard earned by playing? I dunno about you but i get tons of free keys.. And free MC if i need extra keys, but i must have 40+ keys atm that i got from events.
As i've said many times, tracking the crates i do open. I've earned far more in MC value in just the Bays than had i just bought those items strait up even on sale. At this point i'm closing in on 35m+ in c-bill value on top of the premium and MC.. (i opened 10 the other day, got 1k MC + an XL 280) I've bought a total of 30 keys.. which is 750 MC.. I've gotten 5-6 bays on one account and i think 3 on my other. that's 1200 MC worth of bays even at half price.. so already i am way ahead.

Yes i tracked all my opens.. and i am so far ahead of that measly 50k C-bills selling them. I'ver opened around 120 crates on 2 accounts. the reason why i said about is i don't have the list in front of me. I also got about 10 decals too.

Edited by JC Daxion, 13 January 2018 - 04:57 AM.

#32 itsmyroad

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:23 AM

My opinion about supply caches: I have 100+ unopened supply caches. I will never open one, ever, without a free key. I want to know what I spend my money on, thanks.

#33 Troa Barton

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 356 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUS

Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:18 PM

Posted Image

Sums them up pretty well.

#34 Brain Cancer

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:25 PM

Saving them for Solaris, and each time I get one, that's 25 MC I didn't spend on getting an AC/2. :)

#35 Yosharian

• Bad Company
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:30 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 13 January 2018 - 01:02 AM, said:

Crates are very helpful for newer players to earn C-Bills. There are several types of crates that are worth opening with all the free MC you got from the events. This crate is one example: For blue items, you have around 40-50% chance on getting the 50 MC prize, and even if you miss it the 250K C-Bill is pretty decent. Purple items contain 2xLPL which has 350K C-Bill sale value, while ADV Airstrike can be worth 400K, when used. Orange items contain a mechbay and a kickass Warhorn. Yellow items contain a mech and 7 day premium.

Posted Image

It boggles my mind to see a player like you defending loot boxes. (and the people upvoting you, lmao)

> For blue items, you have around 40-50% chance on getting the 50 MC prize, and even if you miss it the 250K C-Bill is pretty decent

Spend my free MC from events... on a chance to get more MC? Wowzers, what a great deal!

MC is not worth spending to get 250k cbills. I can get that in two matches.

The chances of getting the other items you mentioned are miniscule.

Seriously, what the ****.

The only thing you should be spending MC on is mech bays during sales, and when you have enough mech bays, paint schemes to make your mech look less ****.

Loot boxes are a ******* gambling scam. Stop spending money on them, stop supporting them in games, stop telling other people they're good value for money (lmao). If you want MC or to support PGI, just buy some MC.

Edited by Yosharian, 13 January 2018 - 01:34 PM.

#36 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:41 PM

View PostYosharian, on 13 January 2018 - 01:30 PM, said:

It boggles my mind to see a player like you defending loot boxes. (and the people upvoting you, lmao)

> For blue items, you have around 40-50% chance on getting the 50 MC prize, and even if you miss it the 250K C-Bill is pretty decent

Spend my free MC from events... on a chance to get more MC? Wowzers, what a great deal!

MC is not worth spending to get 250k cbills. I can get that in two matches.

The chances of getting the other items you mentioned are miniscule.

Seriously, what the ****.

The only thing you should be spending MC on is mech bays during sales, and when you have enough mech bays, paint schemes to make your mech look less ****.

Loot boxes are a ******* gambling scam. Stop spending money on them, stop supporting them in games, stop telling other people they're good value for money (lmao). If you want MC or to support PGI, just buy some MC.

Free keys. Use them.

Yes, (some) loot boxes are gambling. Yes, (some) loot boxes are scummy. Use your free keys or just sell them.

#37 Yosharian

• Bad Company
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:56 PM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 13 January 2018 - 01:41 PM, said:

Free keys. Use them.

Yes, (some) loot boxes are gambling. Yes, (some) loot boxes are scummy. Use your free keys or just sell them.

The discussion isn't about free keys. The original statement was 'I unlock all my loot crates, otherwise it's a waste'.

You can't unlock all your creates with free keys, not even close.

#38 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:16 PM

View PostYosharian, on 13 January 2018 - 01:56 PM, said:

The discussion isn't about free keys. The original statement was 'I unlock all my loot crates, otherwise it's a waste'.

You can't unlock all your creates with free keys, not even close.

The person you quoted said (paraphrasing) "Open some crates using keys bought with free MC"

To which I say "Open crates with free keys"

#39 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:09 PM

This cant be posted enough. Its mainly regarding pay to play games / triple AAA games. But imo can be harmful for F2P games aswell if done wrong.

#40 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:16 PM

they need to award more than 1 supply cache per game

they also need to change supply caches so youre guaranteed to get a rare item after opening so many

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users