407 replies to this topic

#181 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 06 February 2018 - 01:16 AM

Won't be for a week and a half as per earlier posts. If I'm on I'll just be doing a quick few games.

#182 Sjorpha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,477 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 06 February 2018 - 03:55 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 05 February 2018 - 07:52 PM, said:

4) Taking way too much armour off in places you need it (torso/legs etc). It's too hot with 5MPL and LFE, so forget that. Run THIS

Actually the 4mpl K9 can be run like THIS with a standard engine. You only lose a jj and you gain a full deadside with no penalties + the ability to go full zombie with the CT lasers (which is easy to do with Urbie hitboxes and 360 twist)

I like the 5 medium lasers build better as it is both longer range and better sustained DPS.

Edited by Sjorpha, 06 February 2018 - 04:05 AM.

#183 Winnie The Pew

• Pip
  • The Pest
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 05:23 AM

thanks for the input. I will make those changes one mech at a time and run them for a bit. see how it goes in qp to get used to them. The warhammer that's brawl only, will take a look a some other builds

#184 Palfatreos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 398 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 01:02 PM

Well since the trashcan came up i have to comment Posted Image

um-R60L and k-9 both decent trashcan. the R60L has one less lasers but has 10% range. The k-9 can have 5 and 2 of them in the ct instead all in the arm.

R60L
STD http://mwo.smurfy-ne...0a257654a461d66 The right side of urbie becomes a huge shield to mitigate damage.
(i wonder how much of area will reduce damage to ct if you still get shot on youright side while torso destroyed)

XL http://mwo.smurfy-ne...17ee1a065a3315a extra heatsink extra arm armor BUT you cant keep using your RT to shield once it get low.

Personnaly i would recommend the STD one the 4 mpl not hot and you have whole right side covered as shield.

K-9

i dont have k-9 Posted Image
but if i had one it would probably like UM-K9 (5 x MPL, 4 x JJ, XL 180) http://mwo.smurfy-ne...922b27d39c72ff4
does it really need 4 JJ? no but idk what else to fit in Posted Image.

I would not put LFE on either urbies the heat penalty for losing torso is simply not worth the extra heatsink(s). Either pick STD an use your right side as huge big shield. or go XL and try even distribute the damage.

dont recommend med or ermed. You want the mpl short burn duration for quick damage/twisting
beautifull side torsos Posted Image
Spoiler

Edited by Palfatreos, 06 February 2018 - 01:13 PM.

#185 Winnie The Pew

• Pip
  • The Pest
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 05:48 AM

View PostPalfatreos, on 06 February 2018 - 01:02 PM, said:

....I would not put LFE on either urbies the heat penalty for losing torso is simply not worth the extra heatsink(s).

Hmmm... I read and re-read this and tried searching for a heat penalty for losing a torso with an LFE. No luck. would you kindly point me in the proper direction to find this info??? will more than likely change how I am doing things as I wasn't aware of such a monster.

Also, toyed with the std engine version in smurfy's.. going to try that this evening if i can. looks promising.

#186 Elad

• PipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 07:23 AM

View PostWinnie The Pew, on 07 February 2018 - 05:48 AM, said:

Hmmm... I read and re-read this and tried searching for a heat penalty for losing a torso with an LFE. No luck. would you kindly point me in the proper direction to find this info??? will more than likely change how I am doing things as I wasn't aware of such a monster.

Here you go: "The Inner Sphere now has access to Light Fusion Engines, a new Engine type unique to the Inner Sphere. Lighter than a Standard Engine, but heavier than an XL, Light Fusion Engines only occupy 2 Critical Slots in each Side Torso. Inner Sphere 'Mechs are able to survive the loss of a Side Torso when a Light Fusion Engine is equipped. However, the loss of a Side Torso will incur a 40% reduction to Engine Heat Sink Efficiency, and a 20% reduction in Top Speed." This is from the July 18, 2017 patch notes.

Edited by Elad, 07 February 2018 - 07:24 AM.

#187 Winnie The Pew

• Pip
  • The Pest
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 07:38 AM

View PostElad, on 07 February 2018 - 07:23 AM, said:

Here you go: "The Inner Sphere now has access to Light Fusion Engines, a new Engine type unique to the Inner Sphere. Lighter than a Standard Engine, but heavier than an XL, Light Fusion Engines only occupy 2 Critical Slots in each Side Torso. Inner Sphere 'Mechs are able to survive the loss of a Side Torso when a Light Fusion Engine is equipped. However, the loss of a Side Torso will incur a 40% reduction to Engine Heat Sink Efficiency, and a 20% reduction in Top Speed." This is from the July 18, 2017 patch notes.

thank you so much !!! yup ... explains some experiences I have had during games. And here I thought i read patch notes well... ugh.

#188 Elad

• PipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 07:59 AM

Thanks again to everyone giving advice in in this thread. I've noticed a big improvement in my play over the last week (broke 2k damage several times over the weekend), and a large part of that has been due to having descent decks, builds and skills. Taking these fully skilled-out builds into Quick Play almost feels like cheating.

I noticed that the Hellbringer has been added to the current sale. I currently have a Hellbringer-F and a Shadowcat as my only clan mechs - would picking up 2 more Hellbringers and running a 3 Hellbringer, 1 Shadowcat deck work for a "general" clan deck? And if so, which variant? The Prime?

#189 Achle

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 08:25 AM

Want to say thanks as well for this thread. I went from 400 damage game to 700-1200 game. Not stellar but I am older and work a lot so it is a huge improvement!

I am still trying to get my favorite mech up to par...marauder II. Being an assault it does not do as well as heavies but I get better each game/build tweek.

One thing I can not seem to figure out!

How to hell do you drop a UAV someplace other then right above my own head?!?!

Insert --> oh wonderful I can see me and my group and the enemy now knows my location!

And sorry to my team for that initial attempt at artillary strike /blush

#190 UnKnownPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 266 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 09:07 AM

you cannot drop a UAV anywhere other than above your mech.

If you want to get creative with placements then use a light, preferably ECM, take 2 (skill tree the consumables section) and support your team that way, just make sure to use the rest of your tonnage and probably dont bring the light first wave unless you KNOW some others are taking LRMS, maybe even take NARC with it.

#191 Achle

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 10:28 AM

View PostElad, on 07 February 2018 - 07:59 AM, said:

Thanks again to everyone giving advice in in this thread. I've noticed a big improvement in my play over the last week (broke 2k damage several times over the weekend), and a large part of that has been due to having descent decks, builds and skills. Taking these fully skilled-out builds into Quick Play almost feels like cheating.

I noticed that the Hellbringer has been added to the current sale. I currently have a Hellbringer-F and a Shadowcat as my only clan mechs - would picking up 2 more Hellbringers and running a 3 Hellbringer, 1 Shadowcat deck work for a "general" clan deck? And if so, which variant? The Prime?

Hellbringer x3 is a solid deck I believe. I do better with Linebacker but it just mesh's with my play style. I see a lot of guys running at least two Hellbringers

#192 Palfatreos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 398 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 10:33 AM

@elad for starting general dropdeck it fine and yes prime if goal putting laservomit on it. clans dont have a good 40-45 ton med mech. if only we had 5 ton extra to upgrade shadowcat to hunchy or huntman :(.

Later on you might wanna change it to 2 hell,1maddog,1 hunch/hunts or 1 madcat, 2 hells, 1 piranha (or 1 madcat, 1 hell, 1maddog, 1 lynx incase you dont have piranha) . But with the 40% sale on hells i would grab extra 2 for now they can serve as laservomit or erll mech later.

#193 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 757 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:09 PM

View PostPalfatreos, on 07 February 2018 - 10:33 AM, said:

clans dont have a good 40-45 ton med mech.

F R I D G E

#194 r4zen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 309 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:18 PM

View PostWindscape, on 07 February 2018 - 01:09 PM, said:

F R I D G E

He said GOOD 'mech

#195 Palfatreos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 398 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:18 PM

View PostWindscape, on 07 February 2018 - 01:09 PM, said:

F R I D G E

I WILL NEVER ACKNOWLEDGE THAT A MECH EVER!

#196 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 757 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 02:17 PM

View PostPalfatreos, on 07 February 2018 - 01:18 PM, said:

I WILL NEVER ACKNOWLEDGE THAT A MECH EVER!

Fridge is best 2nd only to kit fox

#197 Jarl Dane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Point Commander
  • Point Commander
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 07 February 2018 - 02:23 PM

This has been tried before, but perhaps you are the chosen one to succeed where others (me included) have failed.

#198 Fake News

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 519 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 02:48 PM

View PostMech The Dane, on 07 February 2018 - 02:23 PM, said:

This has been tried before, but perhaps you are the chosen one to succeed where others (me included) have failed.

to be fair, ash will need a savage hat. perhaps a mick dundee getup.

#199 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 757 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 03:03 PM

View PostMech The Dane, on 07 February 2018 - 02:23 PM, said:

Perhaps you two should work together

#200 naterist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 07 February 2018 - 03:37 PM

View PostWindscape, on 07 February 2018 - 03:03 PM, said:

Perhaps you two should work together

thats a bad idea. last thing we need is a bunch of new viking roleplayers with australian accents ;P

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users