#141 UnKnownPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 266 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 08:48 AM

View PostBlack Ivan, on 30 January 2018 - 12:18 AM, said:

Thanks for the attempt. Since most advice is for Clans I will move on

You asked about crabs about 3 pages ago, generally fit max LFE and a combination of large lasers, medium lasers (or ER ML) and AMS, then run around at 90-100 KPH and poke at people. However, in an organised team we generally have heavies (70kph) and fast movers (120kph plus) so the crab doesnt really fit in to those and gets replaced by either heavier and slower or lighter and faster mechs.

#142 Elad

• PipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 09:11 AM

I've been using the Crb-27B as my 4th mech in my general deck - at least in most of the pug matches I've played the 4th wave tends to be more brawling (usually because one side or the other is getting rolled). The linked build is the one that Palfatreos suggested earlier in this thread and the one I have been using. I really like it as the 4th mech.

I also have been using this CRB-27 for the 4th mech on my ERLL deck - but I don't like it - it just seems awkward - it is getting replaced with something else, just not sure what yet.

Edit: This actually touches on one of my questions after doing several drops in my ERLL deck. Do all 4 drops really need to be ERLL? It seems like the field shrinks considerably by the 4th wave and that a shorter range mech (such as with regular LL or ERMLs) would work as well or better than an 4th mech with ERLLs.

Edited by Elad, 30 January 2018 - 09:17 AM.

#143 Ivor

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Referee
  • CS 2023 Referee
  • 76 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 09:12 AM

I'm loving this thread. This is how we get better and get better matches. I'm loving the community cooperation of late (maybe I'm just seeing more of it since I've delved in). Keep it up! That being said, I want to take advantage of this myself, though after this weekend to be sure.

And just to add to the pile, if anyone wants to work on piloting lights, I can set some time aside to work with you.

Edited by Ivor, 30 January 2018 - 09:21 AM.

#144 r4zen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 309 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 11:25 AM

View PostElad, on 30 January 2018 - 09:11 AM, said:

Edit: This actually touches on one of my questions after doing several drops in my ERLL deck. Do all 4 drops really need to be ERLL? It seems like the field shrinks considerably by the 4th wave and that a shorter range mech (such as with regular LL or ERMLs) would work as well or better than an 4th mech with ERLLs.

No. You want to bring at least one quick, closer ranged 'mech - on the traditional sniper maps (Boreal, Alpine, Polar, Grim to a lesser extent) if you're down in a skirmish, you'll need the speed to close, or kill the other team when they push into you trying to pick up those last few kills. I like to bring an assassin or Grinner as my 4th in my sniper decks on IS, on clan there's usually a MLX or ACH in there.

#145 Alandial

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 12:37 PM

I wanted to say thanks again to everyone who gave me advice last week. Once I made updates to my Marauder my avg match score and damage done more than doubled. Still working towards getting the HBR and EJ. I shall return once I have them!

#146 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 30 January 2018 - 12:52 PM

That's exactly what it's about.

Most players, honestly lost the game in the mechlab. Before even getting into the game itself. Bad builds never work as well as good ones no matter how skilled you are.

#147 Elad

• PipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 01:45 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 30 January 2018 - 12:52 PM, said:

Most players, honestly lost the game in the mechlab. Before even getting into the game itself. Bad builds never work as well as good ones no matter how skilled you are.

Hey Ash, after following your advice on builds and skill points, I managed to pull top damage on my team this match! Posted Image Posted Image That may not have been a great match, but it was interesting. And if it wasn't obvious, just giving you a hard time.

Edited by Elad, 30 January 2018 - 01:48 PM.

#148 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 30 January 2018 - 01:57 PM

Haha all good :)

Ah yeah I remember that one. We were team hunting that so wanted to get it over with to face another team (rather than let them face PUGs). Pretty sure we did too. Usually the only reason to end Domination early really.

#149 Stealthrider

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 82 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 05:20 PM

Out of my IS contract for the time being, so here are my current Clan mechs' smurfy links: (doing these from memory so there may be a minor mistake or two)

Assault
KDK-3 2xUAC/10, 2xUAC/5
EXE-C 4xERLL 2xERML
HGN-IIC-C 2xUAC/10, 2xLPL, 1xERML
MAD-IIC-D 2xGauss, 2xERLL, ECM

Heavy:
SMN-M 2xERPPC
HBR-F 2xHLL, 4xERML, ECM
MDD-A 6xSSRM6, TAG

Medium:
HMN-PRIME 6xSRM6 (scouting mech)
HMN-A Gauss, ERPPC, 2xERML
HMN-B 3xUAC/2, 2xERML
SHC-B 2xERLL, ECM

Light:
ACH-PRIME 2xHML, 6xMG
*KFX-PR 2xERSL, 3xATM/6
KFX-G 4xASRM/6
*KFX-D 2xLBX/2, 4xMicroPL

*quickplay mechs

Also Ash you play friday nights and saturdays US primetime, right? Will try to get on then.

#150 0regon

• PipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 61 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 05:55 PM

pretty awesome of you to offer this to the community Ash. You rock man.

#151 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 30 January 2018 - 07:20 PM

View PostStealthrider, on 30 January 2018 - 05:20 PM, said:

Spoiler

Yep that is when I normally do. Won't be this weekend though!

I've altered builds a bit. Just personal preference some of it.

SMN - TC4 helps big time for me if trading @ 1000m+. Plus skill maze velocity nodes, big bonuses. If you find you are landing same component shots consistently, downgrade TC.
HMN (cause Gauss/Peeps is no-go zone since linkage)
SHC - 2ERL is a waste IMO, just not doing effective trade
HGN - JJ for a Assault like that is excellent idea. Lets more manourverabilty. Plus you have too much ammo, that's more than even I carry on dakka mechs so dropped it a bit. You'll never use it all up before dying.

#152 RaptorCWS

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 144 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 10:27 PM

View PostAlandial, on 30 January 2018 - 12:37 PM, said:

I wanted to say thanks again to everyone who gave me advice last week. Once I made updates to my Marauder my avg match score and damage done more than doubled. Still working towards getting the HBR and EJ. I shall return once I have them!

and if you haven't been torso twisting damage, and you start doing it now you will see another huge bump in dmg and and time in the fight.

Edited by RaptorCWS, 30 January 2018 - 10:27 PM.

#153 Stealthrider

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 82 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 10:57 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 30 January 2018 - 07:20 PM, said:

Yep that is when I normally do. Won't be this weekend though!

I've altered builds a bit. Just personal preference some of it.

SMN - TC4 helps big time for me if trading @ 1000m+. Plus skill maze velocity nodes, big bonuses. If you find you are landing same component shots consistently, downgrade TC.
HMN (cause Gauss/Peeps is no-go zone since linkage)
SHC - 2ERL is a waste IMO, just not doing effective trade
HGN - JJ for a Assault like that is excellent idea. Lets more manourverabilty. Plus you have too much ammo, that's more than even I carry on dakka mechs so dropped it a bit. You'll never use it all up before dying.

Will definitely make those changes. I'm pretty sure I do have a TC1 and a single JJ on the Highlander already, though. Did the build from memory, totally forgot those elements. I take it the other builds are good/good enough, then?

Also, when I do make the jump to Clan, are there any units in particular that I should drop by and say hi to/drop with if I can? Really enjoyed dropping with A41 and MS (and hope to do so again).

Edited by Stealthrider, 30 January 2018 - 11:01 PM.

#154 Black Ivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:20 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 30 January 2018 - 12:32 AM, said:

Eh? Plenty of advice came out for IS on pages 3 & 4?

What other information are you after?

I asked for improvements for my decks an got very little fo that.

I don't see this advice you tell me, there is one post with IS buidls which I think look strange, other than that not so much for me since I also dn't play th ER Large Laser game. The current setup of decks from unit is: 1 medum range deck, 1 brawling deck and 1 ballisic deck

#155 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:51 AM

View PostBlack Ivan, on 31 January 2018 - 12:20 AM, said:

I asked for improvements for my decks an got very little fo that.

I don't see this advice you tell me, there is one post with IS buidls which I think look strange, other than that not so much for me since I also dn't play th ER Large Laser game. The current setup of decks from unit is: 1 medum range deck, 1 brawling deck and 1 ballisic deck

Whether you like the ERLL laser game or not, if you want to be competitive on at least 4 maps, you must use it.

Just because you disagree or think the builds look strange (I gave you plenty of advice HERE, and others HERE and HERE) - does not mean they are bad. In fact most builds posted here by people helping are absolutely top notch.

Quite simply most of the builds you are using, you think they are good. They quite simply, are not. You don't have to change them to the META or "strange" builds, but if you do - you will perform better.

#156 Mech Nuggets

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 69 posts
  • LocationHalfway down in Curry Sauce

Posted 31 January 2018 - 01:33 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 30 January 2018 - 01:57 PM, said:

Haha all good Posted Image

Ah yeah I remember that one. We were team hunting that so wanted to get it over with to face another team (rather than let them face PUGs). Pretty sure we did too. Usually the only reason to end Domination early really.

Wait ... didn't you say something about you wouldn't do that? waiting 3-4minutes for a game, then 3-4 minutes to load then walking 2 minutes...
Anyhow, I am glad to see my proposal bear fruits!
Thank you,

Also thumbs up for this thread!

#157 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 31 January 2018 - 03:31 AM

View PostMech Nuggets, on 31 January 2018 - 01:33 AM, said:

Wait ... didn't you say something about you wouldn't do that? waiting 3-4minutes for a game, then 3-4 minutes to load then walking 2 minutes...
Anyhow, I am glad to see my proposal bear fruits!
Thank you,

Also thumbs up for this thread!

Yep absolutely I did and stand by it. It's extremely rare any team I am in will push domination (usually cause the opposing aide won't/unable to hold the circle also btw).

It's usually so we can get outta a Team v Pug match and then have a Team v Team game, which is what we all live for (the teams that is).

#158 Black Ivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 04:08 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 31 January 2018 - 12:51 AM, said:

Whether you like the ERLL laser game or not, if you want to be competitive on at least 4 maps, you must use it.

Just because you disagree or think the builds look strange (I gave you plenty of advice HERE, and others HERE and HERE) - does not mean they are bad. In fact most builds posted here by people helping are absolutely top notch.

Quite simply most of the builds you are using, you think they are good. They quite simply, are not. You don't have to change them to the META or "strange" builds, but if you do - you will perform better.

Hm, ok. I will see and give them a try in quick play when I'm out of hospital

#159 Elad

• PipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 48 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 07:56 AM

View Postr4zen, on 30 January 2018 - 11:25 AM, said:

No. You want to bring at least one quick, closer ranged 'mech - on the traditional sniper maps (Boreal, Alpine, Polar, Grim to a lesser extent) if you're down in a skirmish, you'll need the speed to close, or kill the other team when they push into you trying to pick up those last few kills. I like to bring an assassin or Grinner as my 4th in my sniper decks on IS, on clan there's usually a MLX or ACH in there.

My ERLL mechs currently are the BLR-1G (5 ERLL), WHM-6D (5 ERLL), and RFL-3N (4 ERLL). Of those, the Rifleman is probably my favorite and probably the one I perform best in for some odd reason and the one I would be least likely to want to switch - which leaves me with 50 tons left. [As an aside, I still need LFEs for the WHM and the BLR, and a few more skill points - but deck otherwise is done]. I could cram the CRB-27B (6mpl) in there for mech #4 for now.

I do have the WLF-2 and the ASN-21 (although I may be the worst Assassin pilot in the history of this game, the mech just hasn't clicked yet), but guessing I may not want to leave 10-15 tons unused in the drop deck, and can't really figure out a better option than than the CRB-27B in the 45-50 ton range, or eventually swapping the WHM for another BLR-1G.

Edited by Elad, 31 January 2018 - 08:05 AM.

#160 r4zen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 309 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 01:26 PM

View PostElad, on 31 January 2018 - 07:56 AM, said:

I could cram the CRB-27B (6mpl) in there for mech #4 for now.

That works as long as you're using an engine that puts you in the ~100kph range.

View PostElad, on 31 January 2018 - 07:56 AM, said:

My ERLL mechs currently are the BLR-1G (5 ERLL), WHM-6D (5 ERLL), and RFL-3N (4 ERLL).

I would hold off on perceptions of performance in these until you've kitted and skilled them out - there are huge differences, especially in minmaxed builds, between optimal kit/skills and unskilled.

Keep grinding and practicing!

15 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users