100 replies to this topic

#41 Almond Brown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:37 AM

View PostYosharian, on 15 January 2018 - 08:16 PM, said:

LRMs? You mean the weapon system that only works consistently on one map?

It is the one where your Match buddies would rather T/K you and then assume they are a better Team because of it over-all.

#42 Direwoof

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 127 posts
  • LocationKamloooooooops

Posted 16 January 2018 - 12:42 PM

Well good, screw LRM players.

#43 Fleeb the Mad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 441 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 01:11 PM

I'm more puzzled than outraged.

I mean, why?

It's not even some absurd canon variant.

#44 Lykaon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,815 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 01:38 PM

View Postlive1991, on 16 January 2018 - 01:39 AM, said:

Why do you need AMS when there is cover ????

Answer: Lazy!

#45 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 01:47 PM

View PostNovakaine, on 15 January 2018 - 07:21 PM, said:

With the future introduction of the Piranha mech.
It has come to my attention that one of the variants has four AMS.
So how do I put this lightly.
That's totally BS PGI.
Not withstanding AMS incredible ability to shoot thru walls.
I know what you did there PGI.
In addition to all the hard counters this will totally reduce any Lurm boat pilot to ZERO.
A big fat "0".
I know I know aw poor lurm boat special snowflake.
"Well go kick rocks."
It's bad enough I've been more effective in my Victors of late.
Just plain not fun PGI
And for that matter how fair is this?
A Victor how mortifying.
It will be a sad day for Rocketeers.
Posted Image
I didn't read all of the replies... He was just trolling us right?

#46 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 16 January 2018 - 02:24 PM

Oh no! You might actually have to use weapons that require aiming!

#47 Xavori

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 792 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 03:21 PM

View PostD E S D E N O V A, on 16 January 2018 - 08:07 AM, said:

Personally, I've always considered it a waste of tonnage to use AMS on a light mech anyway; (if you're not quick enough in a light to get behind cover when missiles are incoming, then you're doing something wrong, positioning-wise.)

And as others have said: I doubt it can hold enough ammo to do much more than negate a few early-round LRM salvos, (while sending a huge "here I am" signal up into the sky.)

That being said, I've played enough rounds with Novakaine to vouch for his tactics, and he's no LRM-dependent spammer. He's a decent player, with good comm skills in-game, too.

Ya, no good reasons at all to AMS on a light mech...
https://steamuserima...BFEF449001ED31/

#48 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:13 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 16 January 2018 - 02:24 PM, said:

Funny, but still not a good excuse for the Piranha.

#49 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:58 PM

Jebus man I wish LRM's were as easy as Lazor vomit.
Guess you are laser blind kinda akin to being smell blind after work in a garbage dump for yearsPosted Image

#50 Brain Cancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:01 PM

Nah, AMS don't require aiming, much like ECM, rocks, and basically all kinds of missile counters. Heck, most of them rarely require pushing a button unless you want to turn them off.

#51 Thorqemada

• 6,366 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:16 PM

Anti Missle Measures work like an Idiot Umbrella - no User Action needed aside of taking it with you (which is a remarkably challenging intellectual task given you are an idiot).

:D

#52 InvictusLee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,693 posts
  • LocationStanding atop my MKII's missile pack, having a whisky and a cigar.

Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:40 PM

Carry more missiles Novakaine. They will run out of AMS ammo way befire you do. Cant tell you how many AMS kitfoxes i have LRMed to death..

#53 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:07 PM

View PostNovakaine, on 16 January 2018 - 06:58 PM, said:

Jebus man I wish LRM's were as easy as Lazor vomit.
Guess you are laser blind kinda akin to being smell blind after work in a garbage dump for yearsPosted Image
Lazer vomit is indeed easy, HOWEVER, LRMs/SSRMs are computer guided admissions of "I can't aim by myself..."

So y'know... All things being relative...

View PostNovember11th, on 16 January 2018 - 09:40 PM, said:

Carry more missiles Novakaine. They will run out of AMS ammo way befire you do. Cant tell you how many AMS kitfoxes i have LRMed to death..
Woah... You're not actually "proud" of that, are you?

#54 InvictusLee

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:11 PM

View PostDimento Graven, on 16 January 2018 - 10:07 PM, said:

Lazer vomit is indeed easy, HOWEVER, LRMs/SSRMs are computer guided admissions of "I can't aim by myself..."

So y'know... All things being relative...

Woah... You're not actually "proud" of that, are you?
not particularly. I was just making a deadpan statement. What fills me with pride is murdering elitiest "tier 1" forumers in QP with a very miligned "bad" mech and weapon system at every opportunity.

#55 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:18 PM

View PostNovember11th, on 16 January 2018 - 10:11 PM, said:

not particularly. I was just making a deadpan statement. What fills me with pride is murdering elitiest "tier 1" forumers in QP with a very miligned "bad" mech and weapon system at every opportunity.
I laugh at the people that kill me with LRMs... If we were to take their LRM 'mech and the 'mech I happen to be in at the time of my death and 1v1, the results would be ENTIRELY different, pretty much every time.

But... (and to put this in the tone you'd probably expect) sure, they can keep putting that little circle in the big square, waiting for the big circle, and mashing the "ALL THE MISSILES" buttons and at the end of the match print out the scores and have mommy put stick 'em to the fridge so that everyone will know her special little snowflake can let the computer guide his damage...

;)

Edited by Dimento Graven, 16 January 2018 - 10:19 PM.

#56 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:22 PM

If we were to take their LRM 'mech and the 'mech I happen to be in at the time of my death and 1v1, the results would be ENTIRELY different, pretty much every time.

isnt that the whole point of a support weapon though? that theyre not good in 1v1 and only good when supporting your team

so basically youre laughing at people for doing what lrms are supposed to do... support.

most people who LRM can also aim lasers. in fact its an exceedingly common pairing of weapons.

people who use LRMs arnt admitting they cant aim at all. most lrm users also use lasers as backup weapons and aim with them too!

And LRMs having indirect capability allows them to do something laser vomit cant. People use LRMs for the indirect fire capability not because they "cant aim"

If there was a microwave laser weapon that could shoot through buildings/terrain, those same players would be drawn to using it. They like being able to indirect fire.

a more correct statement would be people who use LRMs dont like to armor share and like to let their teammates unfairly take damage for them while they score free damage from the safety of cover lol.

one possible way of fixing lrms would be to get rid of sensor sharing. and make sensor sharing require a C3 computer. lrms would be less skilless if they had to get their own locks. i mean thered be some exceptions like UAV/tag/narc. and if lrms required more skill they could also be buffed.

Edited by Khobai, 16 January 2018 - 10:41 PM.

#57 InvictusLee

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:29 PM

View PostDimento Graven, on 16 January 2018 - 10:18 PM, said:

I laugh at the people that kill me with LRMs... If we were to take their LRM 'mech and the 'mech I happen to be in at the time of my death and 1v1, the results would be ENTIRELY different, pretty much every time.

But... (and to put this in the tone you'd probably expect) sure, they can keep putting that little circle in the big square, waiting for the big circle, and mashing the "ALL THE MISSILES" buttons and at the end of the match print out the scores and have mommy put stick 'em to the fridge so that everyone will know her special little snowflake can let the computer guide his damage...

;)
i mean. I was talking about my shotguns, which i am excellent with, but if you WANT me to LRM you to death, I can assure you, it never ends well for the people trying to close on me in another slower than a Jav.

#58 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:33 PM

View PostKhobai, on 16 January 2018 - 10:22 PM, said:

isnt that the whole point of a support weapon though? that theyre not good in 1v1 and only good when supporting your team

so basically youre laughing at people for doing what lrms are supposed to do... support.
But that's part of what's so irksome about the hardcore dedicated LRM users, you get those people that:

1. Insist that using LRMs takes more skill than just about anything else in the game, and,
2. Insist that any damage/kills they get is STRICTLY from their skill, not really related to the fact that they're using a computer guided weapon and relying on their team locking targets for them and/or NARC'ing/TAG'ing, and/or using UAVs, while
3. Simultaneously doing their best to NEVER directly see an enemy on their own, and,
4. Never sharing any armor at all, and,
5. And crying about how they're getting buttraped by lights and how no one ever comes back to save their supposedly 'supportive' behinds.
6. And those times you DO actually try and provide locks for 'em, they're not shooting at the priority 'mechs but are instead, focusing missiles on lights, where 98% of what they fire is hitting terrain...

When they're played well, yes, it's a treat.

In general, my experience with LRM pilots in my pug drops is various combinations of the aforementioned 1 through 6...

View PostNovember11th, on 16 January 2018 - 10:29 PM, said:

i mean. I was talking about my shotguns, which i am excellent with, but if you WANT me to LRM you to death, I can assure you, it never ends well for the people trying to close on me in another slower than a Jav.
I wouldn't need to 'close in' on a LRM boat.

They'd be needing to get closer to me...

#59 InvictusLee

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:43 PM

I have No idea what LRM pilots you have been dropping with but Jeeze that does sound bad.
Lol. Drop with me sometime. Also, i need practice with lazer vom. You can teach or be a target. :3

#60 Dr Cara Carcass

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 643 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 05:01 AM

View PostKhobai, on 16 January 2018 - 10:22 PM, said:

most people who LRM can also aim lasers. in fact its an exceedingly common pairing of weapons.

people who use LRMs arnt admitting they cant aim at all. most lrm users also use lasers as backup weapons and aim with them too!

And LRMs having indirect capability allows them to do something laser vomit cant. People use LRMs for the indirect fire capability not because they "cant aim"

If there was a microwave laser weapon that could shoot through buildings/terrain, those same players would be drawn to using it. They like being able to indirect fire.

a more correct statement would be people who use LRMs dont like to armor share and like to let their teammates unfairly take damage for them while they score free damage from the safety of cover lol.

one possible way of fixing lrms would be to get rid of sensor sharing. and make sensor sharing require a C3 computer. lrms would be less skilless if they had to get their own locks. i mean thered be some exceptions like UAV/tag/narc. and if lrms required more skill they could also be buffed.

yeah - no!

Most times when i spectate a lrm boat they either play with a gamepad or are just super drunk. barely able to hold locks on a moving assault because they move the reticule around too far. But then when the lasers are fired they suddenly become artists - i swear i saw the perfect sillhouette of an atlas burned into the wall behidn him with lasers, as if a laser engraver did it - perfectly - just 0 damage done......

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users