Are All Mmos And Fps Online Games The Same?

News

70 replies to this topic

#21 Kotzi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 12:47 AM

I lead and was lead victorious against groupes of premades. Faction and Quickplay. The teamwork decides. And top teams are called that for a reason. Chances to win against them are slim, thats a given. There are better players than yourself, if you cant handle this fact than pvp is not your game mode. I got my *** handled to me too, no matter solo or in group. But in most cases i know the reason why and it aint because the game is rigged.

#22 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 22 January 2018 - 01:01 AM

PLEASE POST YOUR THOUGHTS and OPINIONS THEY DO COUNT

lol yeah sure

this is my first online game and I hope I never see another

#23 sub2000

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 127 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 01:25 AM

LOL.
You need it a lot of tinfoil. A LOT.
Typical examples of Pawg games are WoT and WoW. There indeed you are put regularly into position of "pay or suffer" position. To get a good stuff you do need to grind a lot having miserable games often or you can pay. The company has programmers busy with pawg mechanics. I believe they even published something.

MWO is BattleTech franchise and is alive thanks to the collectors. It is a Pokemon game for adult men.
Most of the best customers who have spent 3-4k on this game are sitting in Tier 3-4 (I had seen 1-4 thanatos every match when they were new, later same numbers of hellspawns, not talking about MKII and nova cat). These guys almost never visit FW, and spend plenty of time in the mechlab checking all decals, paints etc. While everybody loves to win and such players are no exception, they don't really win easily (having tier 3-4 after 2 -4 years of playing is an "achievement").
MWO has almost ZERO p2w elements. More of it when such elements persist, PGI tends to remove them or neutralizes by offering valuable alternatives.
P.S.
Main feature of MKII is it's geometry and if DS will be nerf'ed B will come to favorites.. To drop it's class PGI needs to nerf it's agility to the level of KDK3. Somehow I don't see it happening.

#24 marcusmaximus55

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 01:26 AM

dear Dakota1000 hope u are doing well I'm talking about FP AND QP. there is no way into a match without using the MWO private servers. and yes, sadly the server does setup players that are matching to play. why do the teirs u spawn with in pugs always seem unbalanced ?? why is the FP matching unbalanced ..... doesn't MWO claim to have over 60,000 active players but cant balance matches ??? sniff sniff sniff ... whats buring?? u been playn pre made matches and thinking u were better than those at the end of your barrel. and the burnt smell is new F2P players that didnt know about pawgs and pre made matches. probably still learning the game.

#25 Kotzi

• 1,356 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 01:33 AM

Time to put my tinfoil hat on. I dont really think there is a match maker or that it doenst work at least. I mean, PGI says PSR +2, that means Tier 1 can be mixed with Tier 3 and thus can be mixed with Tier 5. Thats like, you dont need a match maker at all. Just puts them randomly like in FP first come first serve and fill em up as quick as possible.

#26 marcusmaximus55

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 02:32 AM

<p>Davegt27 ty much your opinion is very important. first one so far to stand up for himself regardless. </p>
<p>now Kotzi there might be a grieving period then depression seek help quickly.</p>
<p>ive been playing pvp matches before there was internt let me schoolya a little KK. ever hear of the ps2 with connect cable??</p>
<p>probably not ... or maybe u have. ive been pvping in home with friends on rotation while the internet was still getting going. titels such as DOOM/armoured core/bushido blade 1&amp;2/quake/wipe out1&amp;2/ demolison derby/GTA 2/tribes command and conquer red alert/plus many more. we each have our own tv ps2 and duplicate game ,controller with wall between players to &quot;remove cheat factor&quot; (yes even back then). so your statement is total BS I have no problem with PVP style games been playing them for over 30 years now as far as my skill level in most games I am not as good as other players... np ... life someone always better, yup I know that. but u missed the general topic again. its &quot;are all MMOs and FPs online games the same&quot;. u have ver clearly in your post stated that &quot;UHAVE BEEN IN PREMADES&quot; u know exatly what they are that's YOUR play style great np more fun for u. u also know the MWO server is purposely stacking matches for FP AND QP.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> OHHH YAAAA quick question what is first PVP game EVER (no hints) google aint gonna save ya now .</p>
<p> </p>
<p>sub2000:</p>
<p> </p>
<p> FYI I worked at a game workshop store for a long time and ran monthly official tournament events. warhammer 40k and fantasy battle . AND did the Wa. state &quot;GORKA MORKA INTRO EVENT&quot; for new release with write up in white dwarf at same store (u might be familiar with that publication). we also had 8&quot;competiton computers&quot; one mother server and her 7 little baby slaves in the back area where players could &quot;play solo/team or arena death matches&quot; of most titels at that time.</p>
<p> ive run magic the gathering official certified competitions, official ranked play for prizes. at the wa gencon we (the stores staff) ran an official wahammer 24hour tournament (I helped by watching matches for &quot;fairplay&quot; and &quot;good ethics&quot; and handed out a award for best player who had won very few matches but had a great attitude twords all other players and yes top 3 teams got prizes) and store got additional write up in another white dwarf.</p>
<p> battletech good game but we played straight from store stock that had been put aside for in store play think we had 6 &quot;play tables with lierally ALL the terrain u can imagine and minitures for all games of that period &quot;of golden table gameing&quot; (yes all epic cast stuff to). so yes I know gameing kinda and video games kinda. and your statement of &quot;MWO has almost ZERO P2W elements&quot; .... almost?? really ... I mean u just admitted that there is some ... RIGHT THERE IN YOUR OWN WORDS. when did we go from &quot;MWO IS F2P AND NOT P2W&quot; to ... well mostly it isn't ... I mean theres some parts that aren't ... eeeerrrrr</p>
<p>WHERE??? IS MWO FREE TO PLAY OR NOT (ie: a F2P can get to teir 1 pilot with out buying a thing???)</p>
<p> are new players and lower teir lances being placed in pawg and premades. we already know that answer is YES. so the skill and team work that MWO is soooooooooo proud of is jus hot air .... oh that burning smell was MWOs corporate agenda and pofits going up in smoke(pooof) for further schooling I suggest u d a browser seach &quot;MWO PAWGS&quot; thencme on back tellme I'm wrong,)</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> ZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRGGGGGG ~!!!!!!!!!!!! is on ~!!!!!!!!!!!</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> &quot;V&quot;</p>
<div style="left: -1000px; top: 1006.41px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow: hidden; position: absolute;"> </div>

#27 Kotzi

• 1,356 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 03:11 AM

Dude, that was kinda hard to read, and you should stay on one topic cause i dont really know why you working at a shop or play games with your buddys affect the question if MWO is P2W and you seem to mix the answers. I played shooters the last decades, yes even on lan with bnc connectors, where you have 2 days to play and need 1.5 to set it up. If you want to see real P2W games play asian ones. There are games which have guns or equip with better stats that you can only buy with real money. Thats P2W. MWO has it flaws as does PGI but calling MWO P2W is wrong. And by the way why do you think i am depressiv. I quit playing MWO and play something else always checking if things evolve because MWO is stale, couldnt take it anymore, and maybe because some random teammates are, well, not good for my blood pressure. As i said i do have my issues with MWOs developement. But all your claims are none of those issues to me.

#28 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 22 January 2018 - 03:34 AM

nothing in MWO is P2w ..no ammunition or Weapons thats by paying better as others and the Hero mechs only other not better ...a Great Hero with a Ballistic Slot more as Standard not better as a Standard with a Energy Slot more as the hero for a Player thats not can using ballistics clever

Edited by Old MW4 Ranger, 22 January 2018 - 03:38 AM.

#29 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 03:58 AM

First off, this seems like a troll's alt account, but I'll bite anyhow because its early and I haven't had any coffee.

- pawg (Pre Determined Win Game) -- where does the A come from?
- really seems like a snowflake concept to me (zomg the world is out to get me!!!), also google pawg for laughs.
--how do you reckon this concept even applies to most pvp MMOs much less this one?

#30 marcusmaximus55

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 04:28 AM

arranged

pre arranged win game

#31 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 04:31 AM

Alright, now you have a properly worded definition.

Explain how that applies.

#32 Phoolan Devi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fenrik
  • Fenrik
  • 366 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 04:48 AM

View Postmarcusmaximus55, on 22 January 2018 - 04:28 AM, said:

arranged

pre arranged win game

And MWO is not that. Neither is MWO p2w in any shape or form. Maybe you should play a game first before you assume such an utter bs?

#33 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 04:57 AM

Unlike most of these other guys, I'm actually curious if you have a coherent argument to base your claims on.

Like them, I don't see it but see if you can put something legible together to prove us wrong.

#34 marcusmaximus55

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 05:10 AM

personally I think samial in earlier post on this page nailed it. said it like it is. upfront wasn't abusive, I appreciate that.
not sugar coated, pretty much sums up the entire F2P and P2W subject. this IS how it is.

THAT IS BEING HONEST

no one wants it changed here and the games go stale. most of the game players know that "this is how it is" . what about the ones that don't? they just dumb fodder? or are all of us derps/dervs/mods/newbs/pros/or whatever ... or humans?

shoudnt we be trying for better quality and equality on a level playing field in all things of life?? ESPECIALY GAMES~!! I mean CMON "crap is what were feed and that's just dandy" ?????

U wont see me but I'm right here ... utubing and posting ... but only of new players getting "seal puppy stomped" or servermod stacking cheats ...no "look how cool this game is, stuff" or "look at this mech u got to buy" but showing actual unedited "comm chats" and "birdcaling" padstomping" the like ... the abuse cast at new or F2P players put right out there for everybody to see if they are interested...

a few here seems to have missed the point of this post. just search under MWOs faction forum under "why new players quit .... " and yes, QP and FP are rigged server modified matches and premades." its not a cover up so just chat about it
or watch the "real" game" not the BS hype . heck match up and ask yourself was that fun?? or did I just do the same thing ive done a million times and its dull as hell, but what ealse do I have ? ? we have each other and WE are the players and consumers.

MWO STOPSELLING US CRAP AND MAKE YOUR PRODUCT WORK THE WAY U SAID IT WOULD!!! before u release your "next alpha"

mic drop

#35 Kroete

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 05:12 AM

MWO depends on the definition of p2w.

For me its p2w because you can get more then only cosmetics and convenience.

The hero mechs have, to some degree, better hardpoints and options,
there are omnipods that have better options then the normal ones,
some mechs get heavy quirks until release for cbills.

Edited by Kroete, 22 January 2018 - 05:13 AM.

#36 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 22 January 2018 - 05:22 AM

View Postadamts01, on 21 January 2018 - 11:23 PM, said:

4) I could never get in to the game, I hated the gameplay, but I think EVE did things perfectly. It's open world and lets players group up and fight however they want. No match maker, and in the end it's all about knowledge and skill, not what ship you're flying in.

EVE did things perfectly Posted Image

The company that took zero action against another players hate crimes against another player, to the point of death threats in the mail, until it ended up in court.

All companies that use the F2P formate have a certain level of sleeze attached to the company, whether it's protecting their e-game 'super star' teams until it hits the press about their overt cheating, or overly abusive players.

Sometimes this is attached to the games publisher rather than it's developer, and many work in their own interest even at the expense of the player bases well being.

I'm really surprised to see Gajin toted as a good example, because they've a lot of sleeze bag money grabs attached to them, and often threaten their youtube streamers with court action for saying the slightest negativity, towards their douche bag actions.

Whether it's because MWO has a very small player base or not, and it's easier for them to police, they do act to protect people from the worse extremes of abuse, and the community is by far the best F2P example, i've experienced, even if a few do walk the line on a regular basis.

It's also far from being the worse example of P2W.

Sure if you want to progress fast, and not pick up mech bays on events, and keep your mechs your going to need to spend money, but there is ZERO reason to spend money on this game to be a top 100 player.

This game has issues for sure, balance remains an issue, map voting ensures it gets stale very fast, it's very easy to question the deverlpers competence, and yes the only reason this game survives is because it's MechWarrior.

But the usual accusations levelled at companies using this format is pure bean breeze.

Added

Also it's the only game I know that actively works at protecting new starts from farmers.
wargamming does nothing to stop fully kitted out tier 1 tanks, ships, aircraft with experienced players from farming real newbs.

At least here, the experienced player has to make a smurf account, and has no equipment advantage, and will not stay in the first two tiers long.

On the negative side the tier system is flawed and breaks to often, and this needs adressing if it can be, low population could be a factor here.

If i'm going to point a finger at why this game doesn't keep many newbie players I'd point at the heat system, it's the only thing that is significantly different to the FPS MMO games I play.

It's also a far less twitchy game, the only game I play that is slower, is World of Warships.

I think MWO doesn't retain players because they're unwilling to apply themselves, and adapt to a slightly different system, rather than the games system. The parts of the game where there is no assistance towards newbies like FW it's clearly marked up your likely to get your *** handed to you, by big units.

I also don't think the game is helped by the endless negative press it gets, of which I've added to over the years.

Edited by Cathy, 22 January 2018 - 05:40 AM.

#37 adamts01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 22 January 2018 - 05:31 AM

View PostDavegt27, on 22 January 2018 - 01:01 AM, said:

lol yeah sure

this is my first online game and I hope I never see another
This game does things worst than most in almost every category. The only reason it exists is because of the name of the franchise. Don't give up.

View PostCathy, on 22 January 2018 - 05:22 AM, said:

EVE did things perfectly Posted Image

The company that took zero action against another players hate crimes against another player, to the point of death threats in the mail, until it ended up in court.
I'm personally not interested in snowflake disputes, and as a supporter of free speech I don't believe hate speech is a thing. I'm purely commenting on the environment they've created, which I believe to be the best the gaming industry has ever seen.

View PostCathy, on 22 January 2018 - 05:22 AM, said:

It's also far from being the worse example of P2W.
MWO definitely has P2W aspects, but I've never claimed it was the worst. I think it's actually much better than most.

#38 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 05:31 AM

Alright, well half your post is on some marxist b.s. so that can just take a helicopter ride.

As to the game itself -
1. New players and perpetually low skilled players are separated out from playing against even the decently skilled ones OTHER than the faction play mode, which has a disclaimer upfront to let you know pretty clearly that you aren't having your hand held if you drop into that mode.

The entire "seal clubbing" come from players forgoing that disclaimer or taking its suggestion to join up with a group to do some player-side balancing in a mode that doesn't have any separation.

Personally I only fault the players that refuse to adapt to the different game mode's setup for that part.

2. Game development/same old game - Well if you actually bothered to read the forums you'd see that quite a lot of us have been around since the game started and are constantly pushing for the game to develop away from the TDM setup - and have been doing so for years.

3. I've got over 7k games in, only saw 1 instance in one match where I could legitimately call a cheat or hack. And that player was banned a short time later.

4. I've honestly never seen a rigged match-up in QP or FP, so I have no clue where you think you are getting that data from but its the only thing pertinent to this thread so please show us something that is at least evidence that might lead in that direction.

Please follow up on #4. I've seen no supporting evidence or argument yet to lead me towards your claims.

#39 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 22 January 2018 - 05:42 AM

View Postmarcusmaximus55, on 22 January 2018 - 04:28 AM, said:

arranged

pre arranged win game

lol well I put pawg in a search engine, to find out, like one poster suggested, and lets just say what came up made me very glad my daughter or wife wasn't around.

#40 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 05:44 AM

View Postmarcusmaximus55, on 22 January 2018 - 05:10 AM, said:

MWO STOPSELLING US CRAP AND MAKE YOUR PRODUCT WORK THE WAY U SAID IT WOULD!!! before u release your "next alpha"

mic drop

Another angry founder in alt account?

PS. liking own posts is a bit re******.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users