Leaked Document

334 replies to this topic

#61 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 08:11 PM

There are a lot of people hell bent on this being the Free Worlds Defense Industries, the size of the letterhead be damned. I really hope you're wrong, and I see no compelling reason why you'd be right.

people assume the "itary" is military contractor too

but its probably sanitary contractor

and its a garbage truck mech

#62 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 08:11 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 29 January 2018 - 08:08 PM, said:

Ah, never mind, Posted Image

and ADR, perhaps maybe the SMN, but still those 4(would love a SHC with 3Energy arms Posted Image )

ADR and SMN are not hardpoint starved. Both of them bring some pretty great firepower for their classes.

And really, so does the SHC now, with Heavy Lasers being a thing to improve firepower density per hardpoint.

They just aren't ridiculous, like the HBK-IIC.

#63 Shadowomega1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 987 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 08:12 PM

Hmmm starting to have my doubts after double checking. This is my hanging point of doubt

ADM-DI

DI could be refering to Defiance Industry.

Besides the prior suggested mech the Defiance Mech they make the following in time mechs not in game already:

Salamander
Atlas II
Berserker
Battle Hawk
Nightsky
Gunslinger
Wasp
Cobra
Clint
Axeman
Valkyrie
Chameleon
Hatchetman
(Note Fafnir 5 is here)

#64 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 08:17 PM

Also, worth pointing out:

"Sun Spider" is ten characters including the space.

The Sun Spider comes out in March.

#65 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 08:20 PM

View PostKhobai, on 29 January 2018 - 08:11 PM, said:

people assume the "itary" is military contractor too

An argument without much honesty. 'Military' fits into the format of the document, the context, and 'real life' documents its based off of. Free Worlds Defense Industry doesn't fit. The only reason to assume the FWDI is to stroke ones Wobrection.

#66 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 08:26 PM

View PostShadowomega1, on 29 January 2018 - 08:12 PM, said:

Hmmm starting to have my doubts after double checking. This is my hanging point of doubt

ADM-DI

DI could be refering to Defiance Industry.

It would be delicious if PGI couldn't even fart out a redacted document without spelling errors in the title and it was suppose to be 'nce Industries.' Remember guys, Artemus doesn't count.

View PostYeonne Greene, on 29 January 2018 - 08:17 PM, said:

It would be really weird to make 'secret' documents for a mech that's already been 'declassified.' But its a real possibility.

#67 Jackal Noble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 29 January 2018 - 08:33 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 29 January 2018 - 08:17 PM, said:

Could have been an existing 60 tonner but noooOOOOOOOOoooooo. After all we have an anemic 70 tonner that kicks *** somehow, and we have a DHS water-logged 70 tonner that's got transmission problems. Why the heck not? throw another into the mix!

#68 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 08:34 PM

View PostBrain Cancer, on 29 January 2018 - 08:03 PM, said:

Oh, and we can XL check them without a care, which should be hilarious as far, far too many early IS Omnis have them to try and keep up...which is a death sentence in MWO.

Huge armor, structure, crit reduction, and extra twist speed should help with that. Or maybe just go the glass cannon route. Give them good offensive quirks. There's a lot of possibilities to shore up their deficiencies.

#69 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 08:35 PM

View PostBombast, on 29 January 2018 - 08:26 PM, said:

It would be really weird to make 'secret' documents for a mech that's already been 'declassified.' But its a real possibility.

I mean, if it's a hype train...

#70 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,137 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 29 January 2018 - 08:36 PM

How about fixing some of these DOA mechs we purchased first...

#71 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 08:43 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 29 January 2018 - 08:11 PM, said:

ADR and SMN are not hardpoint starved. Both of them bring some pretty great firepower for their classes.

And really, so does the SHC now, with Heavy Lasers being a thing to improve firepower density per hardpoint.

They just aren't ridiculous, like the HBK-IIC.

saying that mechs like the ADR & SHC can just take HLLs doesnt mean they arnt hard point staved,
even if your options are 4SRM6 or 2HLL, they are still hard point starved, HLLs helped but didnt fix the problem,
personally i feel every mech should have at least 6hardpoints(adding Hardpoints tostarved IS mechs as well)

but we are getting off topic, ;)

Edited by Andi Nagasia, 29 January 2018 - 08:48 PM.

#72 N0ni

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts
  • LocationIn a GTR Simulator Cockpit

Posted 29 January 2018 - 08:57 PM

Going to go out on a hunch that ADM-DI is either a joint project of some sort between Defiance Industries (DI) and Something Something Manufacturing (ADM) or they fudged it somehow and it's actually DMA (Defiance Manufacturing Annex - Defiance Industries)

Either way i think it's safe to say it's not an IS omni, since those were mostly dealt by Luthien Armor Works or Kallon Industries (Templar). Probably just more background to the Fafnir and the delay of the weapons systems being the Heavy Gauss Rifles. What "might come in handy for their experiments on this particular Battlemech" probably refers to mounting two Heavy Gauss as an experiment, expanding upon that later if successful to the future Improved Heavy Gauss (FNR-5X) if all fairs well on the base model.

#73 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 29 January 2018 - 08:59 PM

View PostN0ni, on 29 January 2018 - 08:57 PM, said:

Going to go out on a hunch that ADM-DI is either a joint project of some sort between Defiance Industries (DI) and Something Something Manufacturing (ADM) or they fudged it somehow and it's actually DMA (Defiance Manufacturing Annex - Defiance Industries)

Either way i think it's safe to say it's not an IS omni, since those were mostly dealt by Luthien Armor Works or Kallon Industries (Templar). Probably just more background to the Fafnir and the delay of the weapons systems being the Heavy Gauss Rifles. What "might come in handy for their experiments on this particular Battlemech" probably refers to mounting two Heavy Gauss as an experiment, expanding upon that later if successful to the future Improved Heavy Gauss (FNR-5X) if all fairs well on the base model.

It doesn't make much sense for PGI to try to hype something that was already directly revealed a month ago, especially using this very particular kind of promotion (censored document) that they haven't done yet in the past (AFAIK).

Edited by FupDup, 29 January 2018 - 08:59 PM.

#74 Hayek Lahiri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fang
  • The Fang
  • 105 posts
  • LocationHoard

Posted 29 January 2018 - 09:00 PM

View PostN0ni, on 29 January 2018 - 08:57 PM, said:

Probably just more background to the Fafnir and the delay of the weapons systems being the Heavy Gauss Rifles. What "might come in handy for their experiments on this particular Battlemech" probably refers to mounting two Heavy Gauss as an experiment, expanding upon that later if successful to the future Improved Heavy Gauss (FNR-5X) if all fairs well on the base model.

That seems like a waste of hype to be quite honest. Nobody in the player base is like, "You got any more of those lore documents, PGI?"

#75 VeeOt Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 29 January 2018 - 09:02 PM

I highly doubt its going to be any of the more melee centered mechs as there is no system for that in the game as it stands right now. not to mention it would require a rework of a number of mechs since any machine with hands or such could use melee attacks.

#76 Shadowomega1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 987 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 09:02 PM

I had one other theory, this doc could also be a sneak peak at the Fafnir quirks as we are in the countdown for pre-order closing.
DI does make the Fafnir which has one variant the 5x which uses the Improved Heavy Gauss Rifle. The 5x could be quirked to reduce the damage of the Heavy Gauss Rifle, while boosting Optimal firing range and decreasing the damage drop off giving this version of the fafnir a massive range boost for the HGR.

While I was typing this it seems several others hit on the same line of though.

Edited by Shadowomega1, 29 January 2018 - 09:03 PM.

#77 Sigmar Sich

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 29 January 2018 - 09:04 PM

What if.... Somebody will be very happy if it's true...

Scorpion?
Posted Image

We do not know the year of the document, It can be old, and typewriter could imply that.
And whoever wrote that made a typo in the NSE Industries.

Name fits into "the ****** Prototype"

And Defiance Industries Scorpion 12S was manufactured with LFE engine, which is our timeline, and now it can be a just a prototype.

Now the cost is 431 millions plus likely 100 more additional millions. Scorpion costs 5,2 million, and 100 scorpions cost 520 millions. Now 12S have slightly higher Battle Value, so it can cost 5.3 million.

Edited by Sigmar Sich, 29 January 2018 - 09:07 PM.

#78 Hayek Lahiri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fang
  • The Fang
  • 105 posts
  • LocationHoard

Posted 29 January 2018 - 09:05 PM

View PostShadowomega1, on 29 January 2018 - 09:02 PM, said:

I had one other theory, this doc could also be a sneak peak at the Fafnir quirks as we are in the countdown for pre-order closing.
DI does make the Fafnir which has one variant the 5x which uses the Improved Heavy Gauss Rifle. The 5x could be quirked to reduce the damage of the Heavy Gauss Rifle, while boosting Optimal firing range and decreasing the damage drop off giving this version of the fafnir a massive range boost for the HGR.

While I was typing this it seems several others hit on the same line of though.

Wouldn't work. The IHGR weighs two tons more than the HGR.

#79 Cato Zilks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 698 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationPrinceton, NJ

Posted 29 January 2018 - 09:07 PM

View PostMechaBattler, on 29 January 2018 - 05:10 PM, said:

Posted Image

Found on the Mechwarrior Online Twitter. Clearly leaked by Blakists within PGI's ranks..

In terms of name, I think Catten Hart was correct, FWDI seems the most likely known entity to fill that name up top. I doubt it is an IS omni, in most part because the non-light omnis are unlikely to sell well due to understandable concerns about mandatory XLs. More likely, I think this is hinting at the Hammer, the Anvil, or the Toyama.

Having recently released IS 75 and 30 ton mechs, my gut says this is the Anvil. Also, Paul probably wants to mock clanners for still only having one 60 tonner to the 4 for the IS.

#80 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 09:22 PM

Hammer, Anvil, and Toyama all seem too short to occupy the blanked-out space.

And I swear, it better not be a Buccaneer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users