#202 Ghastly

• PipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 08:53 PM

View PostArkhangel, on 04 February 2018 - 06:03 PM, said:

Sunder'd also be nice to see
Dunno how well it'd work, being a very brawly mech locked to an XL engine.

#203 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 09:54 PM

View PostGhastly, on 04 February 2018 - 08:53 PM, said:

Armour quirks out the wazoo!

#204 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 04 February 2018 - 09:59 PM

View PostSteel Claws, on 04 February 2018 - 10:36 AM, said:

There is quite a lot of differences between a Templar and a Mauler. Differences that would make, well a big difference.
  • The Templar is an Omnimech
  • The Templar can mount JJs
  • The Templar has a few variants equipped with ECM.
  • Its far more agile
  • Its much faster

Hardpoint locations suck and there aren't very many slots in the side torsos. Arms are low.

#205 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 04 February 2018 - 10:08 PM

View PostGhastly, on 04 February 2018 - 08:53 PM, said:

With the cockpit level hardpoints it has, it would make more sense to do some PPC/AC loadout and trade.

#206 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 10:24 PM

View PostJep Jorgensson, on 02 February 2018 - 01:56 PM, said:

Maybe sometime this year we can get a few more battlemechs like the Matador, Hellfire, Warhammer IIC, and Urbanmech IIC.

Hmm. Maybe they can do another 4-pack like the origins IIC release. Urbie IIC, Shadowhawk IIC (I had to sift through sarna for another IIC medium, I know nothing about this one), Rifleman IIC, Warhammer IIC. Hmm...

#207 Thell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 176 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 12:50 AM

Blood Asp is one of my favorite mechs, would probably start playing MWO more again with it. Money is tight though so we shall see!

#208 Oleksandr

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 55 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 05 February 2018 - 03:36 AM

What is the possibility, that the Blood Asp Hero will have torso's energy slots on the level of his hands, and not over the cabin? Where can I look?
It will be ****, If hero has torso's energy slots on the level of his hands.
I'm just thinking of taking a standard pack with a hero or collector pack with Prime (S).

And when will you nerf clans again? Maybe, it will be better not to buy anything from you. You nerf of clans energy nods from skill tree to 8% is something...

Edited by Oleksandr, 05 February 2018 - 04:23 AM.

#209 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 07:30 AM

Awesome looking Mech but like the Fafnir I never heard it in my life . No cheap nostalgia for me .

Good to see extra clan assaults being added . That said I dont want to obsolete my Mad Cat pack so I will buy Black Lanner Pack instead . Never heard of that either but its kinda looks like a mini version of Timberwolf , my fave clan mech .

Early Adopting is so wierd to wrap your head around . Pay now and get in April ? That sucks , no matter what extra goodies you get . Do you get your early adopter rewards immediatly ?

I just wanna pay now and play now . Lucky for me the Mech shop is well stocked .

#210 Temjin TJ

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 37 posts
  • LocationLancaster CA

Posted 05 February 2018 - 08:22 AM

Blood Asp Variants:
Looking at the TR 3060 Manual PGI seemed to follow quite closely what the Prime, A, B, C and D specs where.
I agree that it would be great to know what locations the missile, multi ballistic and energy hard points are.
Still looks to be a great mech with lots of lore behind it.
Have a great day and see you on the battlefield.

#211 Herkras

• PipPip
  • The Serpent
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 11:36 AM

I'll throw my money at this thing even though it lacks the fancy shmancy plasma PPCs I so much adored from the Mechassault games o3o

#212 MacKJames

• PipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 02:50 PM

View PostDarkFhoenix, on 05 February 2018 - 07:30 AM, said:

Awesome looking Mech but like the Fafnir I never heard it in my life . No cheap nostalgia for me .

Good to see extra clan assaults being added . That said I dont want to obsolete my Mad Cat pack so I will buy Black Lanner Pack instead . Never heard of that either but its kinda looks like a mini version of Timberwolf , my fave clan mech .

Early Adopting is so wierd to wrap your head around . Pay now and get in April ? That sucks , no matter what extra goodies you get . Do you get your early adopter rewards immediatly ?

I just wanna pay now and play now . Lucky for me the Mech shop is well stocked .

Ya the early adopter rewards are garbage not to mention you can no longer bank your premium. Also the package cost is ridiculous. No incentive to get the two extras as there is no reduced cost for getting the full package.

Edited by MacKJames, 05 February 2018 - 02:59 PM.

#213 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 05 February 2018 - 07:39 PM

View PostDarkFhoenix, on 05 February 2018 - 07:30 AM, said:

essentially, it's an extra reward for trusting PGI enough to nab it early. I frankly haven't had a problem yet with any pre-order i've had. course, i'm also not one of those "I won't buy this till i know its quirks" whinos. I buy because i like the mechs i'm ordering.

View PostHerkras, on 05 February 2018 - 11:36 AM, said:

I'll throw my money at this thing even though it lacks the fancy shmancy plasma PPCs I so much adored from the Mechassault games o3o

quite you, with mentioning "the game which shall not be named"

#214 Thinkagain01

• PipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 73 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 06 February 2018 - 12:37 AM

Everyone is going on & on about hyper assault gauss . Unlikely to see them. What I'm really curious about.

Will we see Plasma weapons? I've attached a copy of the TRO 3060 for the fellow lore addicts. Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#215 Genesis23

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 227 posts
  • LocationKanton Bern, Switzerland

Posted 06 February 2018 - 02:07 AM

View PostSteel Claws, on 04 February 2018 - 10:36 AM, said:

There is quite a lot of differences between a Templar and a Mauler. Differences that would make, well a big difference.
  • The Templar is an Omnimech
  • The Templar can mount JJs
  • The Templar has a few variants equipped with ECM.
  • Its far more agile
  • Its much faster

on your last point the whole idea of the Templar in MWO falls on its face. its using an XL engine, which would be stupid for an IS assault.

#216 Temjin TJ

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 37 posts
  • LocationLancaster CA

Posted 06 February 2018 - 05:07 PM

Arkhangel:
I agree with you saying:
[color=#959595]essentially, it's an extra reward for trusting PGI enough to nab it early. I frankly haven't had a problem yet with any pre-order i've had. course, i'm also not one of those "I won't buy this till i know its quirks" whinos. I buy because i like the mechs i'm ordering.[/color]
I only buy a mech if it has looks and hardpoints that I like. I've already ordered the 'standard' in order to get in on the 'early bonus' and will be upgrading to the 'collector's pack' at a later date as money is tight for me. This will be my first assault omnimech that I have piurchased in MWO.
Take care and see you on the battlefield.

#217 Temjin TJ

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 37 posts
  • LocationLancaster CA

Posted 06 February 2018 - 05:12 PM

Thinkagain01
Thanks for posting up the pages from the TR 3060 about the Blood Asp's Variants.
PGI seemed to follow the load outs closely in designing this mech. Still I wonder there the missle hardpoints are at on the torsos.
Still can't wait until more info comes out about one of my favorite mechs in MechWarrior.
Have a great day and see you on the battlefield.

#218 clan hope

• PipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 64 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 12:47 AM

View PostDont LRM me please, on 02 February 2018 - 12:54 PM, said:

I think the head should be a but lower but still cool stuff. I'm always looking forward to fighting new mechs, as long as they don't completely overpower existing ones.

The Kodiak is not overpowered, it is actually very weak with a huge CT and clan ballistics kinds suck.

i'm sorry i don't agree .. TRUST ME CLAN IS NOT OP AND I WILL BE MAKING VIDEOS PROOF FOR YOU ALL.. PILOT SKILL IS OP AND SKILL TREE HELPS .. if you had the same loud out and same ton inner sphere and clan mech 50 meters apart and no player skill because your not moving and no heat sinks and no skill tree and target ct only.. so for the 3 i did do, but didn't record inner sphere mech won every time.....oh but videos to proof is coming all and u all will see your wrong

Edited by clan hope, 07 February 2018 - 12:50 AM.

#219 MrKvola

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 329 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 03:48 AM

View Postclan hope, on 07 February 2018 - 12:47 AM, said:

i'm sorry i don't agree .. TRUST ME CLAN IS NOT OP AND I WILL BE MAKING VIDEOS PROOF FOR YOU ALL.. PILOT SKILL IS OP AND SKILL TREE HELPS .. if you had the same loud out and same ton inner sphere and clan mech 50 meters apart and no player skill because your not moving and no heat sinks and no skill tree and target ct only.. so for the 3 i did do, but didn't record inner sphere mech won every time.....oh but videos to proof is coming all and u all will see your wrong

You are just wrong and any "proof" that you can manufacture will be easily disproved. Now please go whine to yourself, nobody is really interested in your rants. Or even better, git gud and then come back.

https://leaderboard....rch?u=clan+hope

#220 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 11:01 AM

View Postclan hope, on 07 February 2018 - 12:47 AM, said:

Just use this tool and save yourself the hassle of recording.

The no heat sinks thing is an odd choice, though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users