Posted 07 February 2018 - 09:17 PM

I am enjoying the event. Thanks PGI

#242 Rodrigo Martinez

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 167 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 12:05 AM

If we take a chassis hero name into account, the gargoyle should take a part in this event(Kin Wolf).

#243 Neutron IX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts
  • Location"Soylent Green. It's what's for dinner."

Posted 08 February 2018 - 12:42 AM

Two things.

1). Kell Hounds decal should be added to the sale.

2). Am I the only one who forgot that the Urbie hero was "K-9", so assumed that the reason Urbanmechs were part of a "Year of the Dog" event is because they look like fire hydrants? Anyone else? No? ;)

#244 Kodyn

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 08 February 2018 - 02:00 AM

I understand both sides of this whole thing. Being probably the only guy happy with how PGI handled it, as I'd rather have CBills than more horns than I know what to do with, I was happy to see that fix. I also get why people are upset, as I've worked in retail and the restaurant industry most of my life, and PGI's response was definitely a really bad PR move. However, I think at the same time, anyone who really thought that we'd get to keep those horns was dreaming. Online games, particularly F2P titles really rely on MTX nowadays to keep afloat. In games like MWO, that's pretty much all they have for income - mech packs and all the other MTX such as horns, camo, paint, premium, etc.

The issue is this now- PGI felt they had to take back those horns out of fairness to everyone that would not receive them if they fixed the event halfway through. They likely also realized it was income they could potentially lose for future sales of that horn, since many people would no longer need to buy them. At the same time, now anyone who participated in this event and lost items will likely be much, much tighter with their wallet when it comes to PGI purchases as a result of their dissatisfaction with how PGI handled things. Obviously the right move for PGI from a PR standpoint would have been to fix the event by just adding on the CBill reward and leaving the horns alone, absorbing whatever losses they'd experience from sales of that one, particular horn. That would have made players happy, gotten PGI some brownie points, and been the best option for the health of the game.

As I said, I'm perfectly fine with how it was handled as far as my own needs go, but I know I'm very much in the minority on this. The one I really feel sorry for right now is Matt, I believe he's a good guy who works hard to keep everyone happy from the players all the way up to Russ, and it's got to be one of the most frustrating and difficult jobs imaginable. I'm happy we even have events like this, so it saddens me to know that with how this one turned out, more players have more reason to be upset with PGI, which could very well result in a hit to their income and to the overall health of the game. I'm just hoping either the community can forgive and forget(not like we haven't spent years already doing that at this point, what's one more frak-up?) and that PGI can learn from this. Yes, they handled it poorly, yes it goes against most business logic, but I believe they're going to realize that shortly and hopefully find a way to make good. I mean, we're already getting free hero mechs next month, so for me, I can treat that as kind of a preemptive apology for anything they mess up for a good while.

#245 Hauptmann Keg Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 289 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 02:32 AM

View PostRip Snorgan, on 08 February 2018 - 12:42 AM, said:

Am I the only one who forgot that the Urbie hero was "K-9", so assumed that the reason Urbanmechs were part of a "Year of the Dog" event is because they look like fire hydrants? Anyone else? No? Posted Image

I'm more wondering why all the Thunderbolt and Trebuchet variants are on sale, but only the Urbie hero is. Not that Urbies are super expensive, but come on.

#246 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 08 February 2018 - 07:36 AM

View PostIdToaster, on 08 February 2018 - 02:32 AM, said:

View PostRip Snorgan, on 08 February 2018 - 12:42 AM, said:

2). Am I the only one who forgot that the Urbie hero was "K-9", so assumed that the reason Urbanmechs were part of a "Year of the Dog" event is because they look like fire hydrants? Anyone else? No? Posted Image

I'm more wondering why all the Thunderbolt and Trebuchet variants are on sale, but only the Urbie hero is. Not that Urbies are super expensive, but come on.

That's actually a good catch there. I had failed to notice that the Urbie didn't end up 40% Off. Sadly, with the "Clan Wolf WarHorn" Reward Error that PGI let slip in at the start, they may no longer be able to put that Chassis up for purchase on the Sale Display at this time. That actually hurts that part of the Event, seeing as they expect people to actually take time to pilot that Mech, and some would have to purchase it before they could. Maybe Matt Newman (or one of the other Event Handlers) will notice our discussion here on Page 13 and possibly fix that? :(

~Mr. D. V. "Currently not 'crossing my fingers' on that one... Hope disappeared with the #WarHornWhoops mess..." Devnull

#247 Darky101

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 219 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 07:59 AM

Yes!
Thank you for the event!

Are you going to add more dog related mechs to the event?
I like how we see underplayed mechs in matches.

#248 Deadead

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 66 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:04 AM

Kit fox for trial v n v m v n v mechs please! Actually all fog mechs for trial please. Doesn't do me any good as ice completed, but new players can really use the cbill boost from the rewards and they can't afford the mechs to get it.

#249 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:15 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 05 February 2018 - 04:57 PM, said:

Ok I will Add the Hell Bringer and The Trebuchet tomorrow to the sale (maybe add them to a new event.)
Night Star isn't for sale yet so no point in adding it to the sale.

Keep it up with the ideas guys Posted Image

Hello Matt, thanx for the event. I just wanted to point out that the Stormcrow is called "Ryoken" be the freebirth scum of the inner sphere which translates to Jagdhund! (Or Jaghound ?)

So maybe it can be added to the event?! Posted Image

#250 Knight Captain Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 340 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:31 AM

I didn’t see Beagle active probe on the list or page 1. Apologies if it was on later pages.

#251 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 08 February 2018 - 11:03 AM

View PostAndres Gomez, on 08 February 2018 - 10:31 AM, said:

I didn’t see Beagle active probe on the list or page 1. Apologies if it was on later pages.
That's probably because it's the Inner sphere probe that is only called the beagle and we don't have the watchdog CEWS or other eletrocnic equilment besides the active probe is cheap compared to mechs.

#252 Capn Cat

• PipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 05:55 PM

GAR Kin Wolf and NSR Wolf Phoenix are missing from the event :)

#253 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 08 February 2018 - 06:27 PM

View PostKodyn, on 08 February 2018 - 02:00 AM, said:

Online games, particularly F2P titles really rely on MTX nowadays to keep afloat.

I'm sorry, you said MTX and my mind went right here:

Spoiler

HOLY BALLZ, it still runs on windows 10 today! Jeho, you're a legend.

#254 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 08 February 2018 - 07:54 PM

Who do i see about getting the warhorns taken?

#255 VeeOt Dragon

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 08 February 2018 - 08:31 PM

sadly was only able to complete 3 mechs and the PUG one from the two, events. I was only able to do that due to Trail mechs since I don't own any of the mechs in question (though the event did convince me to get a Wolfhound, had just enough to purchase it) as of now I have no more Mech bays and no Cbills to get any more mechs if I had them. sadly these multi mech events seem only geared towards those who have either been here a long time or spent a butt ton of cash on the game.

I think the Cbill reward should have been 1mil instead of 100k each to make it up to those that did buy mechs to complete the challenge.

(got some spare MC from the christmas event so I think i'll keep an eye on the mech bays for when they come on sale)

#256 Zyrocenus

• PipPipPip
  • Kapten
  • Kapten
  • 65 posts
  • LocationOntario Canada

Posted 08 February 2018 - 08:46 PM

View PostVeeOt Dragon, on 08 February 2018 - 08:31 PM, said:

sadly was only able to complete 3 mechs and the PUG one from the two, events. I was only able to do that due to Trail mechs since I don't own any of the mechs in question (though the event did convince me to get a Wolfhound, had just enough to purchase it) as of now I have no more Mech bays and no Cbills to get any more mechs if I had them. sadly these multi mech events seem only geared towards those who have either been here a long time or spent a butt ton of cash on the game.

I think the Cbill reward should have been 1mil instead of 100k each to make it up to those that did buy mechs to complete the challenge.

(got some spare MC from the christmas event so I think i'll keep an eye on the mech bays for when they come on sale)

Uh..... it IS a million..... perhaps you should practice yer "Maf" (How my youngest son pronounces "Math")

10 000 x 100 = 1 000 000 or 1x1 is one and carry over the 6 zero's

Zyro

Edited by Zyrocenus, 08 February 2018 - 08:47 PM.

#257 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 08 February 2018 - 09:53 PM

View PostVeeOt Dragon, on 08 February 2018 - 08:31 PM, said:

View PostZyrocenus, on 08 February 2018 - 08:46 PM, said:

Uh..... it IS a million..... perhaps you should practice yer "Maf" (How my youngest son pronounces "Math")

10 000 x 100 = 1 000 000 or 1x1 is one and carry over the 6 zero's

Zyro

I actually wish they would give out much higher cbills per event, spending money to buy skill points has slowed down my cbil grind, so I now buy fewer mechs for cbills, but I do buy more for MC (but I know not everyone can afford to do that). I still say the skill points should only cost XP, I use my Cbills for so many other things.
Anyway, great event @Matt, you actually got me to try a few new mechs; and now I'm space broke :)

#258 Zyrocenus

• PipPipPip
  • Kapten
  • Kapten
  • 65 posts
  • LocationOntario Canada

Posted 08 February 2018 - 11:58 PM

View PostZortPointNarf, on 08 February 2018 - 09:53 PM, said:

I actually wish they would give out much higher cbills per event, spending money to buy skill points has slowed down my cbil grind, so I now buy fewer mechs for cbills, but I do buy more for MC (but I know not everyone can afford to do that). I still say the skill points should only cost XP, I use my Cbills for so many other things.
Anyway, great event @Matt, you actually got me to try a few new mechs; and now I'm space broke Posted Image

Are u pondering what I'm pondering Pinky?

I think so Brain.....but where are we gonna find rubber pants our size?

Zyro

#259 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 09 February 2018 - 12:01 AM

I celebrate the "Solar" New Year, but I will not pass up a chance to get free stuff.

#260 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 03:24 AM

View PostZortPointNarf, on 08 February 2018 - 09:53 PM, said:

Anyway, great event @Matt, you actually got me to try a few new mechs; and now I'm space broke Posted Image

Sadly PGI thinks we are all like you, that 1% of the western worlds population with money to burn on pixels, they dont realise that they need to encourage new people with an accessible game to keep that 1% spending happy with people to play with / against. And they are running out of new people willing to give the game a go and just milking the 40 year old + blokes who played the tabletop for their beer money till theirs no one else left.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users