Mw5 Mods You Want To See.

111 replies to this topic

#101 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 19 December 2019 - 01:42 AM

View PostPhilTKaswahl, on 08 February 2019 - 05:58 AM, said:

Someone recreating the MW2 campaigns in the new engine.

I've seen this done in Starcraft 2

Entire Starcraft 1 recreated in Starcraft 2's graphics.

It was a joy to play it all.

I think if somebody recreated MW2+GBL, MW3 and MW4+DLC's in MW5's engine, it would be the bomb! I would totally play that. I would pay to play that.

Edited by Vellron2005, 19 December 2019 - 01:42 AM.

#102 Havoc98

Rookie

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 1 posts
  • Locationaus

Posted 04 January 2020 - 06:47 PM

would be nice to see
-rouge tech with all the equipment that goes with it
-would love to see the clan invasion form both sides
-variations of missions every mission is the same stomp all the mechs or buildings
-remove the weapon limitations so you can customize your mechs
-more camo schemes
-more work needs to be done on the story and the characters the game just feels empty on that part.
+animate the characters so they just don't just stand there
+flesh out the story there has to be more to it if there is gonna be a grind wall make it something that ties with the story
-have a busy mech bay surely they don't only have just one mech tech working

Edited by Havoc98, 04 January 2020 - 06:56 PM.

#103 Adrian Pride

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationMWO

Posted 04 January 2020 - 09:28 PM

View Postkf envy, on 10 February 2019 - 05:26 AM, said:

MODS???? ROFLO ya sure like were going to be able to put mods on MW5 just like were able to put mods on MWO

It is actual quite simple like in MWO, as you descriped the sarcastic Way...

From my research you just need to create your new content, put it in a .pak File named:
MW5Mercs-WindowsNoEditorUNIQUENUMBER.pak and start the Game.
MW5 will load your new .pak and use everything you managed to edit/create new...if you did it the right Way.

How simple more do you need it ?

You must be in vacation the last Weeks, as i still mod the Game this Way.
Using new Music, Weapon Sounds, Textures, playing with the NPC Animations, change some Scripts...
I wonder about any Mod coming to NexusMod forcing People to extract/edit the Main .pak File and not do it so easy as i described above.

As on the Way i found, you do not need to take care of the original Filesize.
I fixed that Way some unscaled Pilot Images PGI left in the Game, all Pilot Images are mostly 256x256 Pixel.
For some cases PGI left 1500x1500 Pixel Images, i fit them to 256x256 Pixel and got a different Filesize.
The Game load the new ones fine.
Or changing the Music, some of them is random music from sample parts, with new and bigger Sized MW2 Music. You even can add new Files to the Game you created.

It depend on you, what you want to Mod.
The Way how to insert a new Mod easy to the Game, is clear since Ages Posted Image

Edited by Adrian Pride, 04 January 2020 - 09:52 PM.

#104 Suko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 05 January 2020 - 12:31 AM

Something that varies up the enemy mech forces a bit. Less insect mechs (locust, spider, cicadas) and instead, mix it up with more commandos, jenners, firestarter, javelines, etc.

Second mod is more of a cheat, but I'd like a way to adjust the economy. Unlike most modern games, there's no difficulty selection for this game. As a dad to a 1 year old baby girl, I have precious little free time and I would love to have a mod that increases the economy earnings by about 1.5 x. This would make my life much easier and allowed to get to the end of the game without grinding so damn much.

Edited by Suko, 05 January 2020 - 12:32 AM.

#105 Adrian Pride

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationMWO

Posted 05 January 2020 - 01:43 AM

View PostSuko, on 05 January 2020 - 12:31 AM, said:

Second mod is more of a cheat, but I'd like a way to adjust the economy. Unlike most modern games, there's no difficulty selection for this game. As a dad to a 1 year old baby girl, I have precious little free time and I would love to have a mod that increases the economy earnings by about 1.5 x. This would make my life much easier and allowed to get to the end of the game without grinding so damn much.

Just use the: MW5 Mercs Save Editor and give you some Money Resources only Posted Image

#106 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 05 January 2020 - 01:59 AM

1. Complete custom campaigns.
2. Improved enemies (smarter but fewer).
3. Between-mission events on the dropship (just like in HBS BattleTech).
4. More realistic HUD.
5. More, and more realistic, NPCs.
6. Custom Lance Formations.
7. More diverse loading screens and cutscenes.
8. Purchase and operate a second dropship.
9. Sell direct from Cold Storage.
10. Dropship location, damage and repair management.

Edited by Appogee, 05 January 2020 - 02:00 AM.

#107 Suko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 05 January 2020 - 03:28 PM

View PostAdrian Pride, on 05 January 2020 - 01:43 AM, said:

Just use the: MW5 Mercs Save Editor and give you some Money Resources only Posted Image

You (and the creator of this tool) just saved me hours of grinding. THANK YOU!

#108 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,736 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 05:46 PM

more sim features
head tracking
directional jump jets

View PostAdrian Pride, on 04 January 2020 - 09:28 PM, said:

change some Scripts...

what scripting language? if its lua im pretty good with that one.

#109 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 05:58 PM

Santa can I haz some ......

A toggle in options to make cold storage have unlimited mech capacity for those of us (me Posted Image) who are more interested in collecting/hoarding mechs (Must have every one) than lore or scientific accuracy for cold storage aboard a Leopard class dropship.

Posted Image

Animated 2D sprites (low resource cost) of wildlife and people fleeing the area when mechs approach

Like a flock of birds bursting out of a tree when a mech is about to walk through it or deer running away.
People running away would be good too for immersion.

Also little people firing small arms from the ground and buildings to no effect or very very very small effect on war crimes demolition missions, would be ultra cool.

For immersion, I seen similar things in some or one old MW game and it was kinda cool.
With todays tech perhaps it could be better.

IMO it would add to immersion as the game can be a bit sterile in terms of immersion.
And being 2d sprites it shouldn't drop FPS too much

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 05 January 2020 - 06:18 PM.

#110 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 10 January 2020 - 07:04 PM

View PostOdanan, on 08 January 2020 - 06:52 PM, said:

What I want to see from the modders:
  • Better IA (not steeping over or shooting allies/allied buildings; using jump jets).
  • You can hire Artillery strike Aerospace support (works much like in MWO).
  • More missions with friendly mechs, especially in the "war zone" missions. I want to see huge battles (not sure how many units the game will handle, though).
  • More biomes and map parts.
  • More custom missions and mini campaigns.
  • More time-wised weapons (like mech rifles and inferno SRMs...).
  • More and stronger vehicles.
  • Better enemy spawns (there is a mod that already does that very well).
  • An overhaul of the weapons tier system (I, personally, want to add different weapon behaviors based on the manufacturer/model.
  • More mission types.
  • More variants (and better use of the "rare mech" feature).
  • Black market should work like the HBS Battletech and not be just a market in conflict zones.
  • Better enemy composition for the missions (should be more lore accurate too - based on the owner faction).
  • A better rarity system for mech variants.
  • A way to help a faction to conquest a planet from the other house (maybe after X missions won for the faction in the planet).

#111 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 03:05 AM

I would like to see the Ares Convention put to practice so that when you destroy civilian building you get first a fee, then you MERCnet rateing starts to skink and with that you get less and less big war contracts but more and more shady stuff and maybe they even start to hunt you down.

How about a reverse defense mission where you have parked your dropship somewhere for repairs to be jumped by other mercs or a house unit to collect the bounty on your head from destroying to much civilian properties?

Also the option for contractors giveing you false infos about your target and when you find out its a civilian target you can decide to go on with the contract or terminate it and turn against your constract giver.

Overall more interesting mission.

#112 Hawk_eye

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 325 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 January 2020 - 03:43 AM

View PostNesutizale, on 11 January 2020 - 03:05 AM, said:

I would like to see the Ares Convention put to practice so that when you destroy civilian building you get first a fee, then you MERCnet rateing starts to skink and with that you get less and less big war contracts but more and more shady stuff and maybe they even start to hunt you down.

I'd absolutely love this - if the AI weren't, um, as mentally challenged as it is with regards to preserving buildings we are hired to protect.
As it is now, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy. Nope, not gonna do a defense mission, sorry guys, I'm willing to sell you a couple of medium lasers or SRM launchers, but other than that, you're on your own.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users