Victory! The Charger And Hatamoto Finally Made It! Thank You All!

BattleMechs

269 replies to this topic

#41 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:07 PM

View PostChados, on 12 February 2018 - 04:31 PM, said:

I can’t see a standard 240 getting an 80 ton assault to 64 KPH. Try a 320. That’s what it takes to get a Victor that fast.

Thanks for the feedback, I see I've been using the TT version that I got from MegaMek while getting the variants. So that was a mistake on my part, but I was able to fix it.

Edited by Will9761, 12 February 2018 - 06:33 PM.

#42 Brimbooze

• PipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 94 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:25 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 12 February 2018 - 04:55 AM, said:

I personally want only one of them, doesn't care which. Thug and Hatamoto's base loadouts are too similar. Charger is gonna do well in MWO, depending on quirks. And hitboxes.

Plus given that the Charger was always sort of viewed as a joke, I think it should be given its time to shine as it would likely do well in MWO.

Once the Charger has its day then we can add it's upgrade, but let the Charger have its day first.

#43 Kanil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:49 PM

View PostWill9761, on 12 February 2018 - 06:07 PM, said:

Thanks for the feedback, I see I've been using the TT version that I got from MegaMek while getting the variants. So that was a mistake on my part, but I was able to fix it.

I'm not sure what you've fixed, but some Hatamotos have different engines than others.

You have two "26T"s listed, the latter one should be "28T", similarly the "26Tr" should be "28Tr" and both 28 series 'mechs have a 240 engine, which gives them a speed of 48.6kph in game. The others have 320s and are already correct.

Edited by Kanil, 12 February 2018 - 08:50 PM.

#44 SlippnGriff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 220 posts
  • LocationSpud farm

Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:51 PM

80 piece of garbooooooo with them hardpoints

#45 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:02 AM

View PostKanil, on 12 February 2018 - 08:49 PM, said:

I'm not sure what you've fixed, but some Hatamotos have different engines than others.

You have two "26T"s listed, the latter one should be "28T", similarly the "26Tr" should be "28Tr" and both 28 series 'mechs have a 240 engine, which gives them a speed of 48.6kph in game. The others have 320s and are already correct.

Chados let me know about the engines but, I'll go back and make the changes. Thanks for the feedback.

View PostBrimbooze, on 12 February 2018 - 07:25 PM, said:

Plus given that the Charger was always sort of viewed as a joke, I think it should be given its time to shine as it would likely do well in MWO.

Once the Charger has its day then we can add it's upgrade, but let the Charger have its day first.

I have no problem, with that viewpoint. Seeing how the Charger came out first in 2665, then the Hatamoto as an upgrade, I see them both as sibling designs to each other with the Charger being the older brother and the Hatamoto being the younger brother. Also seeing how those two are similar it could be easier to model just like the Clan Omnimechs. But if both were released one after the other or side by side as mech packs I'd buy both of them.

View PostSlippnGriff, on 12 February 2018 - 08:51 PM, said:

80 piece of garbooooooo with them hardpoints

The Hatamoto Chi and Ku, you have a point there, as they need some hardpoint inflation love. But as for the Hatamoto Hi(Pure Energy), 28T(JumpJets), and 28Tr(ECM) that is highly unlikely.

#46 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:13 PM

Thanks to Flyingdebrisguy for the extra funny pictures.

#47 Kasumi Sumika

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,118 posts
  • LocationFeeding the Fires of Rubicon

Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:19 AM

Because why not

Posted Image

#48 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 14 February 2018 - 02:08 AM

View PostKasumi Sumika, on 14 February 2018 - 01:19 AM, said:

Because why not

Posted Image

Would love to have that as a decal.

#49 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 02:12 AM

oh look another picture with a sword :P

also atlas is best girl

Posted Image

#50 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 09:21 AM

How I describe the Mauler being House Kurita:
Posted Image

But as for the Hatamoto:
Posted Image

Obviously, it's from the Dark Knight, but you get my point.

#51 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 14 February 2018 - 09:28 AM

View PostBrimbooze, on 12 February 2018 - 07:25 PM, said:

The irony is that the CGR-1A5 and A9 were both much more nasty versions of it...

CGR-1A5
  • The 1A5 variant of the Charger was one of the first variants of the Charger made to take it from the role of scout to assault 'Mech. A Capellan modification to the CGR-1Ls they received as part of the Kapteyn Accords, the engine was downgraded to a 320 version, which reduced the maximum speed of the 'Mech to 64.8 km/h, and four of the small lasers were removed. In their place was a Tomodzuru Autocannon/20 as its primary weapon, two Bical SRM-6 launchers and an Argra 3L Medium Laser, while the 'Mech's armor was increased by five tons. This made the CGR-1A5 extremely dangerous at close ranges and gave it a speed comparable to most 'Mechs in the heavy weight class, while carrying armor on par with other eighty-ton 'Mechs.
CGR-1A9
  • A Combine-LAW attempt to make the Charger more effective at long ranges, the 1A9 used a reduced 320-rated engine, lowering its top speed 64.8 km/h, and its arsenal was overhauled. All of the smaller lasers (except for the head mounted one) were replaced with medium lasers and a single LRM-20 launcher was mounted in the right torso, with two tons of reloads carried in the left torso. To make up for the lost mobility, four jump jets were also installed, two in each leg, to allow the Charger to jump up to one hundred and twenty meters. This variant was fielded in time to surprise the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns during the War of 3039, but in years since the design fell into the hands of the Outworlds Alliance thanks to a legal snafu which gave Ravenna Electronics a production license.
Also on that note, a CGR-1A is actually pretty nasty if it can you know get an 8 hex charge off... But personally I've always been a fan of the A5 variant...

Edited by Metus regem, 14 February 2018 - 09:29 AM.

#52 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 11:20 AM

I'd be happier if both the Charger and Hatamoto were released at the same time. If the Charger came first, then I would be fine with it since it would make a good concept testbed for the Hatamoto. As for the Thug, heck no. It's just a copy of the Awesome with an extra ECM variant, so why would you want an Awesome clone? I'll accept the Charger coming first, but I still want my Hatamoto after it comes out.

#53 Kanil

• 1,067 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:20 PM

View PostWill9761, on 14 February 2018 - 11:20 AM, said:

As for the Thug, heck no. It's just a copy of the Awesome with an extra ECM variant, so why would you want an Awesome clone?

Three of your suggested variants have hardpoint layouts identical to existing Awesomes, and a fourth moves a single hardpoint from a head to an arm. "Too much like the Awesome" fits the Hatamoto pretty damn well, too.

The Charger is probably the most unique of the three, but in general most non-omnis added these days are going to have a lot of overlap if their weightclass has more than a couple of 'mechs.

#54 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 February 2018 - 03:59 PM

View PostKasumi Sumika, on 14 February 2018 - 01:19 AM, said:

Because why not

Posted Image

This is the Hatamoto-Weeb

#55 Trenchbird

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:52 PM

On the subject of the Charger-it's kind of a lethal joke, the original model. Same with the stock Banshee. Both have interesting gimmicks; Higher speed than units in the same weight band (In 3025, at least), and both are lethally underestimated.

For the Banshee, it would offer a decent, if hideously anemic, 15 points max damage at range. Granted-a PPC on tabletop can cripple some lights, unlike here where most lights that weight above 25 tons just laugh at you (For reference, a Flea loses a single Side Torso to a PPC hit. Five armor, five internal). While it isn't fast enough to keep up with, say, a Firestarter, against Riflemen and Catapults and frankly, even a stock Warhammer (Again, ON TABLETOP ONLY), the combination of high melee damage and armor and high-end speed allows the Banshee to take on drastically more dangerous targets than the TRO or Sarna entry would suggest.

However, the Charger is a logical endpoint of such a design. It's not even technically designed to 'assault', even compared to the Banshee. It boasts the lowest damage of any introtech Assault as well as the fastest ground speed of any introtech assault-and is to lights and low-to-mid-end mediums what the Banshee is to low-end heavies and high-end mediums, at least if you play it outside of the designed 'scout and survive artillery at the same time' role.

What's also extremely notable to me on the subject of the similarities between the Banshee and the Charger is that both became extremely dangerous machines after the Succession Wars, in the form of upgrade kits-the BNC-3S is a mech I would take over an Atlas AS7-D or even an AS7-K, while the Charger's upgrades-especially the Charger CGR-1A5- are things that are incredibly dangerous in the right roles. Don't even get me started on how the Charger 1A5 does the Victor's role even better than the Victor ever did, barring the jumping.

That said-the Hatamoto is low-tier garbage compared to the glory that is the Charger's better variants. Most Hatamotos follow the same theme beyond the Samurai aesthetic, and it perplexes me that they built the Hatamoto after the Thug rather than a machine such as the CGR-1A5.

Personal Opinion? Release a Charger pack, but have the Reinforcements and Hero be Hatamoto variants with the Special Geo to match. As the Hatamoto is built using Charger hulls and skeletons, I feel that it would certainly fit.

Edited by Catten Hart, 14 February 2018 - 05:57 PM.

#56 Trenchbird

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:58 PM

View PostKhobai, on 14 February 2018 - 05:56 PM, said:

mechs like the charger dont really work in practice though

because of the diminishing returns on huge engines

I'd strongly recommend reading up on the Charger variants, like I just stated. It's only two or three bad variants out of seven or so.

#57 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:03 PM

I'd strongly recommend reading up on the Charger variants, like I just stated. It's only two or three bad variants out of seven or so.

the potential for adding melee to the game is the only reason I would want the hatamoto chi anyway

looking at some of the other variants, id be okay with the charger I suppose, if there was no chance of melee getting added.

#58 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:26 PM

View PostKanil, on 14 February 2018 - 12:20 PM, said:

Three of your suggested variants have hardpoint layouts identical to existing Awesomes, and a fourth moves a single hardpoint from a head to an arm. "Too much like the Awesome" fits the Hatamoto pretty damn well, too.

The Charger is probably the most unique of the three, but in general most non-omnis added these days are going to have a lot of overlap if their weightclass has more than a couple of 'mechs.

Well have you ever seen a Thug with a jump jet or ballistic variant? Because I sure haven't. At least the 8T gives you Jumpjets and 28Tr offers you ECM.

Thug Variants
Thug-10E: Energy/Missile
Thug-11E: Energy/Missile
Thug-12E: Energy/Missile
Thug-12K: Energy/Missile/ECM
Thug-13K: Pure Energy
Thug-113b:Energy/Missile

Awesome Variants
Awesome 8Q: Pure Engery
Awesome 8R: Energy/Missile
Awesome 8T: Energy/Missile
Awesome 8V: Energy/Missile
Awesome 9M: Energy/Missile
Awesome Pretty Baby: Energy/Missile

Hatamoto-Chi Variants
Hatamoto-Chi: Energy/Missile
Hatamoto-Hi: Pure Energy
Hatamoto-Ku: Energy/Ballistic
Hatamoto-Chi Daniel II: Ballistic/Missile
Hatamoto-Chi 28T: Jumper
Hatamoto-Chi 28Tr: ECM/Jumper

Edited by Will9761, 14 February 2018 - 08:22 PM.

#59 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:23 PM

View PostCatten Hart, on 14 February 2018 - 05:52 PM, said:

Personal Opinion? Release a Charger pack, but have the Reinforcements and Hero be Hatamoto variants with the Special Geo to match. As the Hatamoto is built using Charger hulls and skeletons, I feel that it would certainly fit.

Hmm...That actually makes sense. I'm adding that to the post.

Charger Variants
CGR-1A1-Could be converted into a "Challenger".
CGR-1A5
CGR-1A9

Reinforcements
Hatamoto-Chi HTM-26T
Hatamoto-Chi HTM-28Tr (ECM/Jumper Variant)
Hatamoto-Chi HTM-27Td2 [Daniel II] (Hero)

I can get behind this.

Edited by Will9761, 14 February 2018 - 08:25 PM.

#60 Armored Yokai

• IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1,950 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 14 February 2018 - 09:01 PM

NO! THE HATAMOTO-CHI SHOULD NOT BE IN GAME, THIS WILL BE AN OUTRAGE!
THIS BATTLEMECH IS SACRED TO THE COMBINE AND ANYONE OTHER THAN A MEMBER HOUSE KURITA THAT USES IT SHOULD BE BANNED!

Edited by Armored Yokai, 14 February 2018 - 09:03 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users