Victory! The Charger And Hatamoto Finally Made It! Thank You All!

BattleMechs

269 replies to this topic

#201 Battlemaster56

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 28 April 2018 - 02:39 PM

Just rewatch samurai jack (plus the final season), and I thought of the Hatamoto Chi in the color scheme of Jack's oufit or his badass ronin armor.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#202 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,673 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 09:31 PM

It's good to see Samurai Jack again, just like old times. I want to see that show again.

#203 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 05:27 AM

View PostWill9761, on 28 April 2018 - 09:31 PM, said:

It's good to see Samurai Jack again, just like old times. I want to see that show again.

The final season is up somewhere I just got through with it recently, and it's great ending for the show.

#204 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,673 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 07:46 AM

I’m glad it’s finally getting a proper ending now like it should have gotten years ago. Now if only Invader Zim could get its proper ending as well.

#205 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 10:36 AM

Haha like Nick would do that, if Hey Arnold didn't I doubt they will with Zim.

But hey they end Spongebob so there that...

#206 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,673 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 07:27 PM

The good thing I can see about the Hatamoto is the role it can play in Mechwarrior 5. Just imagine doing a War of 3039 contract only to run into them and Maulers.

#207 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,673 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 09:29 AM

MechWarrior 2: Ghost Bear's Legacy - Mission 7 - Strike On Wolcott - Titanium Edition (by Raby760):

#208 ArcRoyale

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 70 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 07:06 PM

Hatamoto Chi Lore:

"Run... RUN!!"
It was the only thing Ray Kitamura could scream out as the Cyclopses tore through the city. The monsters of Steiner were laying waste to the DCMS production lines of the new prototype, leaving hardly anything in their wake. Even despite the reinforcements of Phoenix Hawks, Warhammers and Archers, the Cyclopses ceased their defense like it was nothing.
Desperate, Ray barreled into the hanger bays, straight to the sole prototype remaining.
"Hey, Heishi! Where do you think you're going?"
"The prototype, of course!"
"Nani!? This model is currently reserved for..."
"URUSAI!! I need this!"
Ray did what he could to remember the startup sequence. Those readthroughs of the manual had attuned him to the process, but this would be his first attempt piloting a mech, and to think it would be a rare prototype! Well, when the assigned pilot is AWOL, and the enemy is standing at your door, what options do you have left? The sequence came through with enough of a memory, and the prototype was active.

"What do you think it is? Some Solaris Charger?"
"That they have to send out the gamers into a warzone... kinda like bringing a knife to a gunfight!"
But the white-horned "Samurai Charger" was more than it seemed. One Cyclops wandering too close saw its arm torn off, the PPC doing the rest of the work. Puncturing the Cyclops' "eye", the count was down to two.
"That thing took out Ash in a single hit... what kind of monster did the Dracs build?"
But it wasn't done. Grain's Cyclops intended to make sure it didn't have the same result. But intent is not always realized, as once the SRMs ended up puncturing holes in his Cyclops' armor, the PPC enlarged the hole through the center torso.
As Blitz stared at his opponent through that sole eye, he knew that while his Cyclops was red-hot, he was in a cold sweat. At this point, what could one do but use the equipped XL Engine to escape?
"That white one... it's... a devil!"

(I'm sure PGI would've done something like that. Bonus points to figuring out what I'm referencing. XP)

Edited by ArcRoyale, 01 May 2018 - 07:07 PM.

#209 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,673 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 12:53 PM

Knowing the fact that Randall Bills has been writing stories for each new hero mech, I could see that happen.

#210 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,673 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 10:25 PM

After speculating the Vulcan’s arrival, I think that the Charger is the next logical Assault mech for three reasons: It is a 3025 mech that fits the Succession Wars tone (along with the Imp and Thug), It would be perfect for Battletech DLC and Mechwarrior 5, and the Charger is the only mech that has never made any appearance in any of the Mechwarrior or Battletech games.

#211 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,673 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 03:49 PM

Alright, the Hatamoto is up to 301 votes! Thanks guys. Now let's see if we can give the Charger the same amount of love.

#212 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,673 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 01:30 PM

More Charger Fan art:
Posted Image

#213 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,673 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 08:16 PM

After thinking about this, if the Thug was in MWO, I won't have any problems with it. Granted, it may not be the mech I want and won't support, but I won't get any gripes about is appearance. To be honest I really want to see Alex's rendition of both mechs. After all, if the Thug could coexist with the Awesome and Hatamoto in Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries, then maybe it can coexist in MWO as well to make both sides happy.

Edited by Will9761, 07 June 2018 - 04:56 PM.

#214 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,673 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 05:00 PM

Charger Fan-art:
Posted Image

#215 CocoaJin

• 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 07 June 2018 - 08:04 PM

Can I haz Hatamoto?!

#216 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,673 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 11:00 PM

Yes.

#217 Alan Davion

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 02:41 PM

Since no one else has taken a stab at it, I will.

View PostArcRoyale, on 01 May 2018 - 07:06 PM, said:

Hatamoto Chi Lore:

"Run... RUN!!"
It was the only thing Ray Kitamura could scream out as the Cyclopses tore through the city. The monsters of Steiner were laying waste to the DCMS production lines of the new prototype, leaving hardly anything in their wake. Even despite the reinforcements of Phoenix Hawks, Warhammers and Archers, the Cyclopses ceased their defense like it was nothing.
Desperate, Ray barreled into the hanger bays, straight to the sole prototype remaining.
"Hey, Heishi! Where do you think you're going?"
"The prototype, of course!"
"Nani!? This model is currently reserved for..."
"URUSAI!! I need this!"
Ray did what he could to remember the startup sequence. Those readthroughs of the manual had attuned him to the process, but this would be his first attempt piloting a mech, and to think it would be a rare prototype! Well, when the assigned pilot is AWOL, and the enemy is standing at your door, what options do you have left? The sequence came through with enough of a memory, and the prototype was active.

"What do you think it is? Some Solaris Charger?"
"That they have to send out the gamers into a warzone... kinda like bringing a knife to a gunfight!"
But the white-horned "Samurai Charger" was more than it seemed. One Cyclops wandering too close saw its arm torn off, the PPC doing the rest of the work. Puncturing the Cyclops' "eye", the count was down to two.
"That thing took out Ash in a single hit... what kind of monster did the Dracs build?"
But it wasn't done. Grain's Cyclops intended to make sure it didn't have the same result. But intent is not always realized, as once the SRMs ended up puncturing holes in his Cyclops' armor, the PPC enlarged the hole through the center torso.
As Blitz stared at his opponent through that sole eye, he knew that while his Cyclops was red-hot, he was in a cold sweat. At this point, what could one do but use the equipped XL Engine to escape?
"That white one... it's... a devil!"

(I'm sure PGI would've done something like that. Bonus points to figuring out what I'm referencing. XP)

If I'm not mistaken, you're referencing the first episode of the original Gundam series when Amuro just runs absolutely and completely roughshod over those two Zaku IIs that were blowing up the spare Guncannon and Guntank bits.

#218 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,673 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 07:39 PM

Wow, I remember watching that episode. Man I'm old.

#219 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 02 July 2018 - 02:21 AM

The Charger would actually be pretty interesting in HBS's BattleTech game, since Small Lasers are 'Support' hardpoints and automatically fire after melee. Combined with it's speed, it could be pretty cool to use and possibly even take the close in fighting meta away from the Grasshopper.

As for MWO, it seems like it could be a pretty solid choice. Since we can de-tune the engine in MWO, we could fix a lot of it's shortcomings. It would make for a nice additional energy boat it seems.

The Hatamoto is an odd mech aesthetically since it tries to carry an almost human type of appearance in warrior like garb. However, I suppose it's not much different than the Black Knight. I'd be interested to see what Alex could come up with.

#220 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,673 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 02:23 PM

I can see the Charger being in Battletech as it could provide HBS with something unique, the fastest Assault Mech in the game. It is also known for its namesake melee damage. But I wonder how it will handle in the game though since charging is not in the game? But it is a steppingstone for the Hatamoto as it can be made from the Charger with different geometry, as it makes sense in lore.

As for the Hatamoto, despite it being compared to a Thug, it is the flagship icon mech of House Kurita and at least it tries to be different.

17 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 17 guests, 0 anonymous users