Victory! The Charger And Hatamoto Finally Made It! Thank You All!

BattleMechs

269 replies to this topic

#241 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,673 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 08:35 PM

View PostKhobai, on 31 August 2018 - 06:59 PM, said:

still needs a sword

#eternallydisappointed

Posted Image

#242 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 31 August 2018 - 09:33 PM

Hey just wanted to hop on here and grats to Will and all the others that were really hoping to see these two mechs come in to the game. Glad to see some happy mech jockeys. I may or may not have chided you guys for wanting the Hati (believe it or not I was for the charger), but it’s art looks amaze balls no surprise there, and it will be cool to see a 80 ton samurai.

#243 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,673 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 10:03 PM

Much appreciated Jackal, I worked so hard to get these mechs in and now they are here. Just seeing them now makes it even more worthwhile. I know that everyone has a favorite mech they want to see added to the game, but it feels so rewarding when you work so hard to have them actually come through. Because of this thread, the mech(s) are an insta-buy for me just to show how dedication and hard work can pay off. For now I am going to savor this moment because I feel like a kid in a candystore.

#244 xVLFBERHxT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 698 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 10:24 PM

Yeah, victory!!! Finaly we got the Highlander in a Charger costume and the Victor in the Hatamoto Chi outfit. Thank you PGI!

#245 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,459 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 31 August 2018 - 10:49 PM

View PostKhobai, on 11 February 2018 - 10:55 PM, said:

no point to this mech unless they add melee to the game. the hero version with the samurai sword would be awesome.

I dont think they should add punching and kicking to the game, thats far too much work for PGI

but the mechs that have melee weapons stock should be able to use them

limiting melee purely to the mechs that have stock melee weapons is a far more reasonable way to get melee into the game than asking for PGI to add punching and kicking to hundreds of existing mechs.

its not to make in MWO who this game not can have a Collisons system or IK ...and the Hitreg is ...not optimal

#246 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,673 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 12:28 AM

View PostxVLFBERHxT, on 31 August 2018 - 10:24 PM, said:

Yeah, victory!!! Finaly we got the Highlander in a Charger costume and the Victor in the Hatamoto Chi outfit. Thank you PGI!

Joke and make fun of my thread all you want, but at least I'm happy with what I got. I'd rather take a silly-looking samurai Gundam mech, instead of a dull repetitive Thug.

Though, I will agree that the Charger's head should have been handled better.

#247 Dago Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 672 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 01 September 2018 - 12:35 AM

View PostWill9761, on 01 September 2018 - 12:28 AM, said:

Joke and make fun of my thread all you want, but at least I'm happy with what I got. I'd rather take a silly-looking samurai Gundam mech, instead of a dull repetitive Thug.

Hey now be nice to the Thug it's got enough problems in its life right now and no one likes a sore winner.

#248 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,673 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 12:46 AM

View PostDago Red, on 01 September 2018 - 12:35 AM, said:

Hey now be nice to the Thug it's got enough problems in its life right now and no one likes a sore winner.

You're right Dago, the Thug will get its chance. After all if the Thug can coexist with the Hatamoto in mechwarrior 2 mercs, then it cap coexist in MWO. So as a sign of respect, I am going to remove my votes for the Hatamoto and transfer them to the Thug.

Edited by Will9761, 01 September 2018 - 12:54 AM.

#249 xVLFBERHxT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 698 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 01:09 AM

View PostWill9761, on 01 September 2018 - 12:28 AM, said:

No offense. I appreciate your threat and your effort. I've been waiting for years for the charger and both redesigns are a wonderful addition to the board game and Battletech. I'm just afraid of the cockpitview in MWO.

Would be great if PGI would comment on the future charger / hatamoto cockpit (for example, preview cockpitviews would help me with my purchase decision).

Edited by xVLFBERHxT, 01 September 2018 - 01:09 AM.

#250 A Man In A Can

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts
  • LocationRetired

Posted 01 September 2018 - 01:20 AM

Meh. I don't mind the changes to either of them. Adds more fuel to the rabble-fire for me to roast my marshmallows on.

Also, grats Will. *nom*

Posted Image

#251 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,673 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 01:35 AM

View PostxVLFBERHxT, on 01 September 2018 - 01:09 AM, said:

No offense. I appreciate your thread and your effort. I've been waiting for years for the charger and both redesigns are a wonderful addition to the board game and Battletech. I'm just afraid of the cockpitview in MWO.

Would be great if PGI would comment on the future charger / hatamoto cockpit (for example, preview cockpitviews would help me with my purchase decision).

The fault is mine, sir. I mistook your comment as an insult and almost got a bit heated. It's just whenever I see a sarcastic comment, I would assume it is an insult. Sometimes I just can't deal with people on these forums who want to act like a complete A-holes all the time to others. It causes me to be on the edge and a bit jumpy sometimes in case of if happens to me. Especially for those who want to get a quick jab in to just to crap on other people's well-earned parades just to feel good about themselves.

But I do agree with you that the Charger could have been drawn a bit better. Even without the Highlander head.

Edited by Will9761, 01 September 2018 - 01:40 AM.

#252 xVLFBERHxT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 698 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 02:15 AM

Why buy the heromech charger CGR-N7. Lower engine cap and 1 less energy hardpoint? Only jump jets? Is the special variant the better choice?

Edited by xVLFBERHxT, 01 September 2018 - 02:23 AM.

#253 The Mysterious Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 381 posts
  • LocationUsing your bathroom

Posted 01 September 2018 - 03:31 AM

I just realised that the charger is holding a freaking pistol

#254 Chados

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...over the Rainbow

Posted 01 September 2018 - 03:56 AM

View Postfat4eyes, on 31 August 2018 - 05:48 PM, said:

Now we need a sashimono bolt-on:

Posted Image

Hey, that’d be a bolt-on actually worth it.

By the way, PGI....

Domo arigato.

Edited by Chados, 01 September 2018 - 03:58 AM.

#255 Hoshi Toranaga

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 435 posts
  • LocationAround

Posted 01 September 2018 - 05:01 AM

Very underwhelmed with the artwork and the low engine cap on the Hatamoto Chi, one of my favourite mechs...

#256 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 01 September 2018 - 08:04 AM

View PostWill9761, on 11 February 2018 - 09:15 PM, said:

VICTORY!!! THE TWO BROTHERS HAVE FINALLY ARRIVED! Thank you all for your support in making this happen.
Spoiler

Videos:
MW2: Ghost Bear's Legacy - Mission 07 - Strike on Walcott, by SIRXMMPD

Mechwarrior Tactical Command Intro:

[/spolier]

when even your spoilers laden OP needs "spoilers" lol. (or your TLDR needs tldr)

Congrats man, happy you got your mech. I'm a Thug guy myself, but do agree the Hatamoto does offer more variety of builds. Cheers!

#257 xVLFBERHxT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 698 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 08:37 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 01 September 2018 - 08:04 AM, said:

when even your spoilers laden OP needs "spoilers" lol. (or your TLDR needs tldr)

Congrats man, happy you got your mech. I'm a Thug guy myself, but do agree the Hatamoto does offer more variety of builds. Cheers!

Hello. I would be interested in your opinion on the concept
art of the charger and the hatamoto chi. Have you already formed an opinion? Thank you.

Edited by xVLFBERHxT, 01 September 2018 - 08:38 AM.

#258 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 10:40 AM

View PostxVLFBERHxT, on 01 September 2018 - 08:37 AM, said:

Hello. I would be interested in your opinion on the concept
art of the charger and the hatamoto chi. Have you already formed an opinion? Thank you.

Um.

*sigh* I .... am not a huge fan, TBH. The Hatamoto I have never been a fan of, so while not a bad rendition, it is simply not a mech I love, and I feel several aesthetic cues were changed or are missing (the shape of the missile bays, the missing triangular calves, etc). Also just not a fan of the continued trend of every mech having such insane thigh gap they could give birth to an Urbanmech. Makes every mech end up too wide, IMO.

The Charger? TBH.... to me...look nothing like a Charger. I think if you take away the little "pistol" and the missing left hand, and had released it on it's own without a name, no one would have had a clue what mech it was supposed to be. I'm generally a fan of Alex's work, and think he hit's home runs 95% of the time, or at least takes some pretty bad base designs and makes them as good as can be considering what he had to work with. But this goes on the heap with the Wolverine and Javelin for me of total misses. Doesn't help that the art darkens the legs so much you can barely make out the details on the legs but I'm just not feeling either one. Also the head looks more like a derp'd Highlander than anythign to do with a Charger.

Fortunately, it appears that Will, and those who have been waiting for these guys, mostly seem happy, so that is what matters most. I'm not someone who really cared about either design, so my opinion on the matter is pretty much a non factor, but neither is really the route I'd have gone. (Which sounds a tad arrogant, I know, considering that Alex is only about 10x better an artist than I'll ever be. But execution and concept, aren't one and the same. In this, I disagree with his concept.)

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 01 September 2018 - 04:36 PM.

#259 xVLFBERHxT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 698 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 11:30 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 01 September 2018 - 10:40 AM, said:

Um.

*sigh* I .... am not a hug fan, TBH. The Hatamoto I have never been a fan of, so while not a bad rendition, it is simply not a mech I love, and I feel several aesthetic cues were changed or are missing (the shape of the missile bays, the missing triangular calves, etc). Also just not a fan of the continued trend of every mech having such insane thigh gap they could give birth to an Urbanmech. Makes every mech end up too wide, IMO.

The Charger? TBH.... to me...look nothing like a Charger. I think if you take away the little "pistol" and the missing left hand, and had released it on it's own without a name, no one would have had a clue what mech it was supposed to be. I'm generally a fan of Alex's work, and think he hit's home runs 95% of the time, or at least takes some pretty bad base designs and makes them as good as can be considering what he had to work with. But this goes on the heap with the Wolverine and Javelin for me of total misses. Doesn't help that the art darkens the legs so much you can barely make out the details on the legs but I'm just not feeling either one. Also the head looks more like a derp'd Highlander than anythign to do with a Charger.

Fortunately, it appears that Will, and those who have been waiting for these guys, mostly seem happy, so that is what matters most. I'm not someone who really cared about either design, so my opinion on the matter is pretty much a non factor, but neither is really the route I'd have gone. (Which sounds a tad arrogant, I know, considering that Alex is only about 10x better an artist than I'll ever be. But execution and concept, aren't one and the same. In this, I disagree with his concept.)

This forum has become less interesting lately. unfortunately there is not much interesting to read here, almost only repetitive complaints and the same boring mech builds. thank you for your time and your opinion.

Edited by xVLFBERHxT, 01 September 2018 - 11:49 AM.

#260 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 04:40 PM

View PostxVLFBERHxT, on 01 September 2018 - 11:30 AM, said:

This forum has become less interesting lately. unfortunately there is not much interesting to read here, almost only repetitive complaints and the same boring mech builds. thank you for your time and your opinion.

Very true. This, along with my relatively limited play time in the last year or so, is why I seldom am on anymore, myself. Seeing mostly the same complaints, from the same double dozen people that have been complaining for the last 6 years, really doesn't do much for me as a draw.

69 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 69 guests, 0 anonymous users