209 replies to this topic

#41 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 16 February 2018 - 10:04 PM

wow... these PAINTS! They are soo good. They so are. I was less than impressed with the loyalty paints but these... damn, they are perfect.

#42 DFM

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 261 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 10:14 PM

View PostCatten Hart, on 16 February 2018 - 10:03 PM, said:

Are... Are you illiterate? This mech is what the damn La Malinche should've been. A jumping Banshee.

Also, we need people to start ASKING FOR THE ATLAS EYE LASER FOR THE AS7-KR. NOW. DO IT. DO IT. DO IT.

A location of Portugal and the post would suggest English is not first language.

#43 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 10:23 PM

The only mechs that interested me so far were the jump-capable Banshee and the MW4-inspired Mad Dog variant.

#44 Trenchbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 10:23 PM

View PostDFM, on 16 February 2018 - 10:14 PM, said:

A location of Portugal and the post would suggest English is not first language.

... Man, I really should turn off the "be a jerk to people who can't speak proper English" button off sometimes, shouldn't I.

#45 TheHurp

• PipPip
  • Master Sergeant
  • Master Sergeant
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 10:33 PM

is there a possibility this mechpack will count towards the 2018 loyalty rewards program?

#46 Felix von Buelow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 117 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 10:43 PM

View PostCheshire Jester, on 16 February 2018 - 07:04 PM, said:

also why do they all have that CM on em?

Stands for "Capellan Mafia", see http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Philip_Capet and check the paragraph about Solaris VII.
That is the reason why the GRF, RFL, UM, and FS9 have the "CM" on them.

#47 SpookyFish

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:32 PM

View PostChris Lowrey, on 16 February 2018 - 07:16 PM, said:

They will be like all other Hero 'Mechs currently in-game. They can be used in quick play and will have their own unique Division rating assigned to them to be used in Solaris.

Its a Solaris pack as each of these 'Mechs are based on Solaris fighters from the fiction. Those who have read "Warrior: En Garde" and "Illusions of Victory might know them well already Posted Image

You guys might want to include this on the page. I had this same question and had to search for the answer. Not sure how many other people will also search it out or just say forget it

#48 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,574 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:46 PM

Its a Solaris pack as each of these 'Mechs are based on Solaris fighters from the fiction. Those who have read "Warrior: En Garde" and "Illusions of Victory might know them well already Posted Image

Ah so the seven book review in Randal Bills recent tweet means fluff for all of these???

#49 Lorginir

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 101 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:46 PM

mechbay 2.0 huh? something tells me game performance is going to drop like a brick.

#50 AngrySpartan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 349 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 12:26 AM

Mad Dog with 2 CT energy only for MC when there is a canon D-variant available? Get ready for PtW accusations. Camos looks nice though. Looking forward to Solaris!

#51 Squiggy McPew

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 755 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 12:52 AM

View PostMechaBattler, on 16 February 2018 - 07:24 PM, said:

What about the quirks? It's a good value given how much individuals heroes cost.

Yes quirks please as they can make or break a mech. Open wallet awaits if the quirks are good.

#52 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 01:14 AM

View PostAncientRaig, on 16 February 2018 - 08:39 PM, said:

Really, my only complaint about this is that 5 out of the 7 mechs are little more than stock versions with different skins. I suppose that's why its only 30 dollars, but a Mad Dog with CT energy and a Banshee that can do 64.8, jump, and still have a wide variety of hardpoints is tempting....

Little more? You forgot that they are hero mechs, 30% c-bill bonus is nothing to sniff at.

View PostTheHurp, on 16 February 2018 - 10:33 PM, said:

is there a possibility this mechpack will count towards the 2018 loyalty rewards program?

Good point. I suspect it'll be a factor.

#53 Trenchbird

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 02:07 AM

View Postarcana75, on 17 February 2018 - 01:14 AM, said:

Little more? You forgot that they are hero mechs, 30% c-bill bonus is nothing to sniff at.

It's not the 30% C-Bill that's the problem, it's the 'Functionally identical to comparible mechs' that is. The Rifleman is a hybrid between the Legend Killer and one of the other variants; The Atlas is a slightly modified AS7-K. The only ones that legitimately bring anything new to the table for a mech is the Mad Dog (CT hardpoints), Banshee (Jump Jets), and the Urbanmech (Faster than any other Urbie).

As much as I love the paint jobs of all of them, and the unique traits of those three, the rest are all kind of cop-out builds. Seriously, the AS7-Kraken looks like it's halfway between a K and RS. Give the damn thing an arm Ballistic or something, just to make it special.

#54 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 02:46 AM

View PostMechaBattler, on 16 February 2018 - 07:24 PM, said:

What about the quirks? It's a good value given how much individuals heroes cost.

But aside from the Urbie with a higher engine cap and the Mad Dog with CT energy points. They're not very standout. Couldn't give us like a Rifleman with JJs or masc? Something?

4 med 4 machine gun firestarter also good. (same as ember ?)

Banshee with JJ's, interesting.

Need to know the Quirks on the Atlas.

Im not a fan of rifleman,

The Griffin, I dont think it can compare to 2n and 3m builds.

They will be like all other Hero 'Mechs currently in-game. They can be used in quick play and will have their own unique Division rating assigned to them to be used in Solaris.

View PostMatt Newman, on 16 February 2018 - 07:16 PM, said:

These mechs will be usable in all modes. Except where tonnage limits apply.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Who's of the 3 "truths" is correct ?

My Guess is Chris Lowrey's version, that MC only mechs including these Solaris Hero's are going to have their own MC mechs only submatching system ?

Edited by Cadoazreal, 17 February 2018 - 02:50 AM.

#55 McGosy

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 03:14 AM

Oulálá C U @ The Factory #nIICe

#56 Yumoshiri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 190 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 04:15 AM

7 heroes for 30 bucks is a good deal, especially considered there is two assaults. But, do I need heroes? No :) Good heroes? Mhh, maybe? Nice camo's though make me doubt.

Atlas: won't compete with K or S variant, unless superior quirks, free XL engine though.
Griffin: Underwhelming, unless superior quirks
Rifleman: ..ok?
Urbanmech: the urbie alone is worth the 30 bucks
Maddog: Will replace the other maddogs for sure. Nice. Not great by default,unless quirks.
Firestarter: Just a reverse ember - weapons switched from arms to torso. Ember is bad. This will be bad. Camo looks great though.
Banshee: Interesting. Won't be great as it is still a banshee with bad hitboxes, but can be fun. Free XL engine too.

It's coming down to the urbie for me, I'll decide later.

#57 Steve Pryde

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,465 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 February 2018 - 04:43 AM

Must Buy for me (on Release, no preorder for me) because I like the Camos on the mechs, specially the Atlas and Mad Dog.

#58 MechTech Dragoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 308 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 05:05 AM

I want it i want it i want it!
but...ive got 7 coming from black lanner, more coming from blood asp...and more coming from sunspider...AND these 7 on top of the 40 some od mechs im trying to skill already :(
The skill grind (unless you had a fuckload of modules ect. from before) is horrible....it takes forever.
I cant even touch my mastered mechs at this point or ill be irreversibly behind. Considering the massive load of mechs pgi is putting out, and the massive number most of us have, we should really get a base xp increase >.<

#59 UrbanTarget

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 116 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 05:09 AM

Urbanmech going faster than 100kph???
(210 max engine)

Op plz nerf!!!

#60 MISBEHAVING 2112

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 05:18 AM

Will the paint colours be included in the package?

Just misbehaving

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users