• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 09:11 PM

View PostDavegt27, on 27 February 2018 - 09:08 PM, said:

is this a stand alone game?

that is you buy the game and its yours like in the old days

will they mail you a CD/DVD

Digital release only. Available on GoG, which has no DRM - You download it and do whatever the hell you want to do with it.

#43 Jackal Noble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 27 February 2018 - 10:07 PM

So I backed this and did the beta on steam. how come the pre-order price is showing up?

#44 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 10:13 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 27 February 2018 - 02:26 PM, said:

I think they did some adjustments to multiplayer I believe.

I think that's why the gap between multiplayer beta and the game launch is so big.

I hope thats the case.

because the way it used to be, there was no reason not to reserve your mechs and force the opponent to go first, and then you got to go last in that turn, and then go first on the next turn, and take a double turn which was super overpowered.

i hope they fixed it to so the opponent gets more of a chance to respond in between

#45 Funk1777

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 104 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 10:56 PM

Fanatical currently has it for 20% off. Its like the humble store as in it will give you the steam key.

As a heads up, I just went this route and they arent releasing the key yet. It says " will be available on or before the release date"

I have used them before and have never had any problems, but just a warning if you want to make sure you get the shadowhawk skin key by ordering before launch day.

Edited by Funk1777, 27 February 2018 - 11:11 PM.

#46 Bullseye69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 454 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 10:59 PM

I a backer and love the game. It as good as Mech Commander and Mech Commander 2 was.
I have both those and was a officail beta tester for mech Commander 2 and still have the letter from microsoft and the disc they sent. The mechs have a look and fill that just screams old school battletech play especially if you used 3 d terrain when you played. The maps are good and everything seem to function like it should still have to what till it comes out for the mission to see how they play. Nothing funnier in the world to me than taking a highlander and dfa someone or seeing a atlas go all apeshit and punching the crap out of the enemy.

Now if only they someway that we can find lostech in the game a salvage or steal it my life would be almost complete. I would love to field a lance of king crab or highlanders.

#47 visionGT4

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 313 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:00 AM

HBS delivery this product in this time frame is a further indictment of the descion making quality at PGI. All PGI has acheived in 6 years is delivering a minimaly viable PUG arena shooter (FP may aswell not exist).

Pretty pathetic really

#48 Kotzi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:57 AM

Endless campaign. Another game i will never see the endcredits. Looking forward to become the richest, most dreaded merc in the universe.

#49 Flitzomat

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,108 posts
  • Location@ the bowling alley

Posted 28 February 2018 - 02:40 AM

I bought as a Backer and tried the Beta. I am already done with this game. I knew it beforehand but wanted to see myself: Roundbased gameplay, dicing hits --> Super boring and stale.

So with a non BT-lore Background I can tell you: Tthis will not get anybody new to your beloved franchise although you lore enthusiasts are hyping. Let´s see how it keeps developing. Now we have something more lore based and a 1st person PvP, maybe it calms down the community or diversifies it into oblivion.

Edited by Flitzomat, 28 February 2018 - 02:42 AM.

#50 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 03:16 AM

View PostJackalBeast, on 27 February 2018 - 10:07 PM, said:

So I backed this and did the beta on steam. how come the pre-order price is showing up?

The Beta and the actual game are different codes. You actually don't have Battletech on your Steam account yet.

You'll get the 'right' code closer to release.

#51 Gradnuko

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 03:42 AM

Preorders are the worst thing that ever happened to gaming. Stop it. You're why they keep making bad games.

#52 Kotzi

• 1,356 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 03:44 AM

View PostFlitzomat, on 28 February 2018 - 02:40 AM, said:

I bought as a Backer and tried the Beta. I am already done with this game. I knew it beforehand but wanted to see myself: Roundbased gameplay, dicing hits --> Super boring and stale.

So with a non BT-lore Background I can tell you: Tthis will not get anybody new to your beloved franchise although you lore enthusiasts are hyping. Let´s see how it keeps developing. Now we have something more lore based and a 1st person PvP, maybe it calms down the community or diversifies it into oblivion.

The fights are one part of the game. There still is strategy, economy and mechstuff like outfitting and upgrading plus different Pilots. And i would doubt that MWO is more lore based than Battletech. Its called Battletech for a reason.

#53 Kotzi

• 1,356 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 03:49 AM

View PostPlaid Ninja, on 28 February 2018 - 03:42 AM, said:

Preorders are the worst thing that ever happened to gaming. Stop it. You're why they keep making bad games.

Nope, worst thing that happened to gaming is when people payed for stuff that should be included or could be made by modders. Not every game that can be preordered is a **** game per se. But every **** game can be preordered because thats how bad publisher and developer hope to still make some money.

#54 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 28 February 2018 - 03:49 AM

View PostFlitzomat, on 28 February 2018 - 02:40 AM, said:

flitz I need to know more about your back ground to see where your coming from

like a young gamer is going to have I different view point then an old PVE gamer

what was your favorite game ever?

I have my doubts about the game and would hate to waste money on it

#55 Kotzi

• 1,356 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 05:31 AM

Then dont preorder, wait till it is released watch some lets plays and decide then.

#56 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:49 AM

View PostThermoluminescence, on 27 February 2018 - 01:16 PM, said:

Not sure why they choose turn based. Meh.

Probably will still buy.

lmao
So you dont know the history of Battletech?

<--backer

Edited by mogs01gt, 28 February 2018 - 07:50 AM.

#57 Splatshot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 179 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 11:30 AM

View Postw4ldO, on 27 February 2018 - 12:53 PM, said:

sometimes yes, most of the times no. in this case no.

just wait till steam sale, battletech won't be on summer sale, tho.

also

stop preordering games before reviews. haven't you learn from various AAA letdowns in the past?
more of a general note towards preordering when there is no alpha/beta/stresstest version to have a look into the game in question

This is not a AAA game. If it was it would be $60 or more and have a Season Pass.

Also Backing it and Pre-ordering are two different things.

Edited by Splatshot, 28 February 2018 - 11:35 AM.

#58 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 11:41 AM

I don't pre-order anything. I don't care if it has goodies. Why am I giving them money for practically nothing of real value?

More over if its over $20 I wait for reviews, steam sales, GoG sales, or Humble Bundle. Save a lot of money and headache that way.

#59 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:36 PM

View Postmogs01gt, on 28 February 2018 - 07:49 AM, said:

lmao
So you dont know the history of Battletech?

<--backer

Yeah it's funny, how people don't do their homework when playing games, or even to understand why it's a turn based game.

Like type in Battletech wiki on google and it'll give you a whole wide source of info, from beginning all the way up to present.

#60 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:40 PM

Oh, my apologies, did folk want reviews?

Gameplay looks fun and engaging. 4.5/5 on visuals. Visceral mech on mech action the really appeals to a strategy gamer. Could use more unseen though.

Actual gameplay itself, controls well, plenty of options, different mechs and weapons have different approachs and roles in combat. Might not be classic battletech rules, but it's got that feel, and that's what matters. 'nother 5/5

Story, written by HBS, also optional. 5/5 Just on account of the whole your choice bit, even though we've not gotten it yet.

Ummm, what else do review folk do? I never really read them.

Edit: Moddability, 5/5. (sorry, did forget that.)

View PostMetus regem, on 28 February 2018 - 12:43 PM, said:

You forgot that HBS will let you mess with the game files all you want, so long as you keep it for single player... during my time with the beta, I messed around with AC/s and got them all to be multi-shot, putting damage all over the target (with a weighted center), it made them feel right... also I fixed PPC long before HBS did, it was nice to see them to implement a similar fix to what I did.

~Leone.

Edited by Leone, 28 February 2018 - 01:00 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users