• 4,155 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 12:32 PM

[color=#00FFFF]
- Clan Double Heatsinks:
[/color]
[color=#00FFFF]
Health reduced to 4 (from 5)
[/color]

so now even easier for IS to pick apart our mechs... thanks.

#62 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 12:37 PM

View PostJep Jorgensson, on 17 March 2018 - 11:11 AM, said:

[/i][/b][/b]

Come again? Our heatsinks are getting nerfed yet again? Aside from nerfing them from true double heatsinks, you guys already nerfed their health by cutting it in half a while ago! As it stands now, one Clan double heatsink is 5 health spread over two slots for 2.5 health per slot. The IS double heatsink has 10 health spread over 3 slots for 3.33 health per slot. Only in the PGI universe could IS tech be 30%-65+% (current and proposed double heat sink health per slot values) more durable as the supposedly more advanced Clan tech. So our heavies and assaults like to use heatsinks to keep them as cool as possible. How exactly is this a new thing? I thought that was why every single mech in the game has heatsinks. Was I mistaken somehow?

Furthermore, I seem to recall extra heatsinks needing to be mounted in lighter mechs with engines rated below 250. Since said heatsinks are outside the engine, then would they not also become more vulnerable as well? If a heavy or assault shutdown from overheating because its heatsinks were critted out, that is bad enough. But they have plenty of armor to protect them and may not even be close to the enemy. If a light shutdown because of it, that is a death sentence. Unlike heavies and assaults, a light mech's greatest armor is their speed and since most of them are short range, take away their speed in the face of the enemy and they will be motionless clay pigeons. Seems to me that this never occurred to anybody in PGI (not surprising when considering who we are talking about, but still irritating to say the least).

Conclusion: In short, this is going to hit the lighter mechs harder than the heavies or assaults and PGI is all for it since the IS'ers have been complaining about our lights a lot the past number of months and in all likelihood, nerfing our lights just because they no longer suck was their true primary aim to begin with. Par for the course yet again, PGI!

I really hope that PGI gets bought out and the game gets saved before they completely run it into the ground.

so now our HS is 2hp per crit slot where IS is 3.33~? add to that the lower HP that clan has to begin with... lovely..

#63 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 17 March 2018 - 12:37 PM

Yeah for Atlas buffs and improved visuals! Man, still beating clans with the Nerf bat? I am glad I don't mess with Clan Mechs anymore (although I will take my Sun Spider Hero out for a drive now and then). I have already commented on the FP changes, they make FP even more of a joke now.

Suggestion: Make MWO2 using the Unreal Enjine and set the game in 3025 so there is no advaced tech to balance.

Edited by Ed Steele, 17 March 2018 - 12:40 PM.

#64 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,064 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 17 March 2018 - 01:46 PM

I don’t see the point of buffing both the ac-2 and lbx-2. The ac-2 was already good enough, outperforming the lbx-2 in ttk. The ac-2 moves from cool to cold and the lbx moves into cryogenic territory, a category that is hard to leverage effectively on most maps.

No complaints on ac-5 changes as the gun has been running too hot for long time, but I understand why that was the case to incentivize ac-2 usage. 1.5 was simply too far a departure from the old 1.0.

Edited by Spheroid, 17 March 2018 - 01:48 PM.

#65 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:02 PM

worse auto canon currently in the game is the AC 20, yet it doesn't get a buff.

As mentioned by others,

Atlas's issues are not how far it can torso twist but the speed it can do it

Any highlander buffs are useful, but until it gets a jj buff it's still going to be sub par.

#66 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:08 PM

View PostCathy, on 17 March 2018 - 02:02 PM, said:

worse auto canon currently in the game is the AC 20, yet it doesn't get a buff.

As mentioned by others,

Atlas's issues are not how far it can torso twist but the speed it can do it

Any highlander buffs are useful, but until it gets a jj buff it's still going to be sub par.

The Atlas is supposed to be slow, the main issue with the Atlas and every other Assault Mech is that they are huge targets and that light mechs can hug their legs below their weapons with impunity since there are no knockdowns / knockbacks and there is virtually no collision damage.

#67 Catalina Steiner

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 2,119 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNagelring Academy

Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:10 PM

I thought Laser and SRM nerfs in the past were too much... I appreciate the current slight buffs.

And I appreciate the long awaited AirStrike Nerf... I only regret the fact that it took so long.

#68 VitriolicViolet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 592 posts
  • LocationAustralia, Melbourne

Posted 17 March 2018 - 03:02 PM

I appreciate the Highlander buffs but as others have said JJ buffs would also go a long way with helping it.
The Banshee 3S buffs are also good it will be nice to take it for a spin.

#69 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 17 March 2018 - 03:23 PM

View PostGweNTLeR, on 16 March 2018 - 11:32 PM, said:

IMO, LGR is a nice niche long range weapon. Increasing its optimal range sound like a good thing to further tune it that way. Combined with 3 ERLL it works quite fine.

Yeah, the problem is that it's too much of a niche that it's not really that much of a choice.

#70 MrKvola

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 329 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 03:31 PM

May be a good start with the BNC-3S, the BNC-3E could use the same love tho as it has builds with similar engines.

#71 Commander James Raynor

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 67 posts
  • LocationChile

Posted 17 March 2018 - 03:35 PM

I think the Atlas changes are not enough. The ANH is still the only 100 ton mech that is worth the 100 tons. Every other mech with the same weight (incluing the KDK) lags behind. the DWF and (especially) the King Crab are just bad mechs, and I think that, given their profles and agility scores, they can't survive in quickplay nor can be used in faction play beceuse of the tonnage.

If it was up to me, I'd buff significantly the Atlas, the DWF and the King Crab. Either agility or armor quirks (maybe not more armor on the Atlas, just mobility), so that when you meet one in the battlefield you get the same "oh, $h¡t!" feeling that you get when you meet an ANH, not the "great! a mech to take appart!" feeling that I get right now.

Just my opinion.

#72 Jep Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 559 posts
  • LocationWest Chicago, IL

Posted 17 March 2018 - 03:51 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 17 March 2018 - 12:37 PM, said:

Yeah for Atlas buffs and improved visuals! Man, still beating clans with the Nerf bat? I am glad I don't mess with Clan Mechs anymore (although I will take my Sun Spider Hero out for a drive now and then). I have already commented on the FP changes, they make FP even more of a joke now.

Suggestion: Make MWO2 using the Unreal Engine and set the game in 3025 so there is no advanced tech to balance.

I say separate them. Let the IS'ers advance through their universe and let the Clans do the same. Maybe take everyone on both sides through their respective timelines from the lore and when it comes times for the invasion, balance it by making it more real. Introduce salvage trucks that collect battlefield salvage including mechs. This will allow for mix tech which will then negate any real need for "balance." Make it more real with worlds we can roam around on like WoW. We are sick and tired of repeating the same old strategies on the same old maps. These suggestions alone, would make the game infinitely better.

Edited by Jep Jorgensson, 17 March 2018 - 03:52 PM.

#73 owlNOLA

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 04:50 PM

"The holiday bonus event Hero Mech's have been released to the players who have participated in the event on December 27th 2017 and now have received the following two new Hero Mechs:" I have not received my mechanic how can I fix this?

#74 MrKvola

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 329 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 04:52 PM

View PostowlNOLA, on 17 March 2018 - 04:50 PM, said:

"The holiday bonus event Hero Mech's have been released to the players who have participated in the event on December 27th 2017 and now have received the following two new Hero Mechs:" I have not received my mechanic how can I fix this?

The 'mechs drop on patch day, Tuesday.

#75 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 05:03 PM

View PostLT. HARDCASE, on 17 March 2018 - 10:25 AM, said:

PGI does not employ an actual data analyst.

I thought they have Tarogato as their data analyst.

(Joke, because Tarogatho is from the community and is doing a lot of data analysis for mwo.)

Edited by tee5, 17 March 2018 - 05:06 PM.

#76 cougurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • 691 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 05:05 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 17 March 2018 - 02:08 PM, said:

The Atlas is supposed to be slow, the main issue with the Atlas and every other Assault Mech is that they are huge targets and that light mechs can hug their legs below their weapons with impunity since there are no knockdowns / knockbacks and there is virtually no collision damage.

the main issue with assaults (mostly the 100 tonners) is that they're huge targets that can't twist fast enough to spread damage effectively, in addition to many of them having bad hitboxes and little in the way of defensive quirks. the annihilator is the only 100 tonner that's worth a damn right now because it has good hitboxes, generous armor quirks, and a good variety of builds that don't force it into a brawler role.

light mechs are the least of my concerns when it comes to problems with assaults.

#77 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,834 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 17 March 2018 - 05:17 PM

View PostGrus, on 17 March 2018 - 12:37 PM, said:

so now our HS is 2hp per crit slot where IS is 3.33~? add to that the lower HP that clan has to begin with... lovely..

Well, if the best defense is a good offense, Clan mechs haven't been nerfed too much. You still have your huge alphas, you just have to be a bit more careful about return fire. Time will tell if this is too much of a negative change for Clan mechs. I drive them too so I will be paying attention.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#78 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 17 March 2018 - 07:07 PM

View PostLT. HARDCASE, on 17 March 2018 - 10:25 AM, said:

Having data and performing proper data analysis are two monumentally different tasks.

PGI does not employ an actual data analyst.

and You guys aren't Data Analysts either. Not with access to the actual Data anyways, so... frankly, you have no right to attempt to judge.

Edited by Arkhangel, 17 March 2018 - 07:08 PM.

#79 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 11:48 PM

View PostJep Jorgensson, on 17 March 2018 - 03:51 PM, said:

I say separate them. Let the IS'ers advance through their universe and let the Clans do the same. Maybe take everyone on both sides through their respective timelines from the lore and when it comes times for the invasion, balance it by making it more real. Introduce salvage trucks that collect battlefield salvage including mechs. This will allow for mix tech which will then negate any real need for "balance." Make it more real with worlds we can roam around on like WoW. We are sick and tired of repeating the same old strategies on the same old maps. These suggestions alone, would make the game infinitely better.

True, I guess at this point mixed tech which you would earn as salvage and apply to your Mech at a great cost would be far better than the endless cycle of buffs/Nerfs that we have had over the years. I don't think that it would be necessary to separate IS and Clans though, especially if mixed tech is allowed.

#80 MrKvola

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 329 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 01:05 AM

And you can essentially delete half of the game, as even more gear will not get used.

Tech diversity brings different playstyles to the game. I am pretty sure the game would not get any better with mixtech. The game is starting to feel a bit stale already as it is. Mixtech would just make stuff worse by magnitudes.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users