#41 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 27 May 2018 - 02:13 AM

View PostVXJaeger, on 21 May 2018 - 12:03 AM, said:

Yeah, whatever. Thing is that if you need to wait 6min aka 2 timer cycles to get one match, you lose a shitton of CBs compared to normal QP. 6min is close to average time of QP match where you can get 350k easily.

To get that amount of CBs in S7, you should have match after match after match all of time no matter win or lose. Instead PGI presented time wasting waiting game where you half dead from boredom if you accidentally are lucky enough to get a match.
So no wonder PPL don't give a **** about S7 anymore.

Yeah, it is because people found the most broken Mechs in each division and exploited them, so most people gave up on S7. Now 1v1 takes about 5 minutes to get a match and 2v2 takes an eternity,

#42 Mainhunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 378 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 06:35 AM

I just tested on a DC opponent (Cent) with Mlasers the hit points. Left arm was a mess, 7/10 time, especially the arm pit and hand, didn't registered at all at an 45-50° angle.

Edited by Mainhunter, 28 May 2018 - 06:35 AM.

#43 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 08:10 PM

I have gotten a few matches recently, not bad, I am definitely rusty, but at least I was beat fair and square and not by some PHX pilot boating SPLs.

#44 Surn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 30 May 2018 - 09:54 PM

I occasionally get a div 6 match, but they are sparce

#45 Mainhunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 378 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 09:22 AM

I play it allot, but gets boring to see 9/10 the meta cents running straight at you, wanting to hug you to death.

#46 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 01:46 PM

View PostMainhunter, on 31 May 2018 - 09:22 AM, said:

I play it allot, but gets boring to see 9/10 the meta cents running straight at you, wanting to hug you to death.

As I said earlier, I have been running my AH with that same build (minus the light engine) since I got the loyalty Cent, which was way before that build was Solaris "meta". Still I would rather brawl another Cent with the same build, than get legged by a broken PHX or ASN or shot up at range in the higher divisions. At least brawling with other Cents and Hunchbacks is usually a close fight and pretty fun.

#47 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 11:22 PM

Got a dishonorable mirror match where my opponent legged me today and two matches against Vindicators! I won both Vindicator matches, but one was pretty close. Really, Vindicators are definitely hardmode in DIV 6 (taking a Vindicator I mean).

Edited by Ed Steele, 31 May 2018 - 11:23 PM.

#48 Surn

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 01 June 2018 - 12:11 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 31 May 2018 - 11:22 PM, said:

Got a dishonorable mirror match where my opponent legged me today and two matches against Vindicators! I won both Vindicator matches, but one was pretty close. Really, Vindicators are definitely hardmode in DIV 6 (taking a Vindicator I mean).

That was probably me who legged ya. I have a rocket pack and I recall it hit your legs ...so I tried to take that leg off ...and my mrm took them both out.

was testing a trebuchet

Edited by Surn, 01 June 2018 - 12:12 AM.

#49 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 09:13 AM

View PostSurn, on 01 June 2018 - 12:11 AM, said:

That was probably me who legged ya. I have a rocket pack and I recall it hit your legs ...so I tried to take that leg off ...and my mrm took them both out.

was testing a trebuchet

No, the time I am talking about was on the Euro server against a guy in a Centurion that had the same loadout as mine, but he had 18ms ping and I had almost 200ms, so that does make a difference when two people fire almost simultaneously.

Also, you may have been the only person who has beaten me with a Treb in DIV 6, Trebs are usually easy to beat.

Seriously though, players should get less rewards in a match if they win by legging, since legging takes less skill and makes the match boring.

Edited by Ed Steele, 01 June 2018 - 09:15 AM.

#50 GBxGhostRyder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 119 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 09:49 AM

LOL PGI never learns a dang thing you would think after 5 years they could get it right but no lets do Solaris 7 the worst and unbalanced way we can make it and think everyone will play it.

The matches are so horribly unbalanced and un-fun its a wonder that maybe100 players still might be playing it.

I liked the old MechWarrior4 Solaris leagues they had it right making the drops by classes
Assaults Vs Assaults
Heavy's Vs Heavy's
Mediums Vs Mediums
Lights Vs Lights

And you could take any mech you owned in your mechlab with any loadout you wanted you played on your skill and win or lose it was more balanced that this stuff PGI is trying to ram down players throats and told to like it.

I don't know who designed MWO S7 but they need a pink slip and shown the door.

#51 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 12:49 PM

I still play D6.

#52 Ade the Rare

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 186 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 04 June 2018 - 05:21 AM

View PostGBxGhostRyder, on 01 June 2018 - 09:49 AM, said:

LOL PGI never learns a dang thing you would think after 5 years they could get it right but no lets do Solaris 7 the worst and unbalanced way we can make it and think everyone will play it.

The matches are so horribly unbalanced and un-fun its a wonder that maybe100 players still might be playing it.

I liked the old MechWarrior4 Solaris leagues they had it right making the drops by classes
Assaults Vs Assaults
Heavy's Vs Heavy's
Mediums Vs Mediums
Lights Vs Lights

And you could take any mech you owned in your mechlab with any loadout you wanted you played on your skill and win or lose it was more balanced that this stuff PGI is trying to ram down players throats and told to like it.

I don't know who designed MWO S7 but they need a pink slip and shown the door.

I liked the old way Solaris worked too. I get why they approached it this way (keep the game more level and interesting), but honestly there isn't the player base to be running *seven* divisions.

Still, if we did have it the old way, I don't want to see SPLAS PHawks being the only thing played in the "medium" category, ANH-2A's the only thing in the assault, etc.

Why not keep the way it's being done at the moment, and instead of launching QP/FW focussed events, launch a bunch of Solaris-based events to pull some player base over? Honestly the link is so small off the main screen I'd imagine a lot of new players would miss it completely.

#53 Ghost Paladin117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 260 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 06:34 PM

View PostAde the Rare, on 04 June 2018 - 05:21 AM, said:

I liked the old way Solaris worked too. I get why they approached it this way (keep the game more level and interesting), but honestly there isn't the player base to be running *seven* divisions.

Still, if we did have it the old way, I don't want to see SPLAS PHawks being the only thing played in the "medium" category, ANH-2A's the only thing in the assault, etc.

Why not keep the way it's being done at the moment, and instead of launching QP/FW focussed events, launch a bunch of Solaris-based events to pull some player base over? Honestly the link is so small off the main screen I'd imagine a lot of new players would miss it completely.

I wouldn't say Annis are the only thing in Div 1 and 2 that run good.

#54 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 07:20 PM

Div 1 and 2 seem to have the highest number of players, but I am finally done with division 1 after 617 games.

Posted Image

Its been fun, not sure if im insane, good or just committed, not even sure why I wanted to do that, will not be trying to do it in other divisions.

Time to focus on Cadoazazel getting into overall top 10 coz it has gxp / gsp for when PGI moves mech divisions again.

I am looking forward to solaris 7 events next month!

#55 The Lighthouse

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 02:57 AM

Very interesting people had problems with spl PXH in Division 6. When I was playing Solaris, my main division was 6 as well.

Hawks were never been a problem and pretty much all top 10 were Centurion with AC20 + 3 X SRM4s.

At certain skill level, you just can't avoid AC20 shots, you will die real fast. I never lost to PXH players who tried to leg me, I did lose several games to PXH players who just went for my CT. But like all top 10 were exactly same setup; Centurion with AC20 + 3 X SRM4s.

I just could not stand playing mirror matches btw. After I got achievements (got everything except 10 sponsor thing) and in top 10 I stopped playing after going against 100th Centurion.

So they actually removed spl PXH from division 6? Oh dear.... so I guess finally pure 100% AC20 Centurion instead of 95%? Well......

#56 Cyrion

• PipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 63 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 05:53 PM

View PostThe Lighthouse, on 19 June 2018 - 02:57 AM, said:

So they actually removed spl PXH from division 6? Oh dear.... so I guess finally pure 100% AC20 Centurion instead of 95%? Well......

You're funny. The Vindi-1X is now 95% of Div 6. They can be beaten by the AC20 Cent, but it's really hard. Those heavy machine guns are filthy.

#57 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 06:28 PM

The problem with Tier 6 now, is that it is mostly just cheeseballs legging.

#58 Skippynibble

• PipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 08:01 PM

Div 6 is really the only thing I play but I do not play it often...

#59 Old-dirty B

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 11:22 PM

View PostCyrion, on 30 June 2018 - 05:53 PM, said:

You're funny. The Vindi-1X is now 95% of Div 6. They can be beaten by the AC20 Cent, but it's really hard. Those heavy machine guns are filthy.

A Flea will do that easily, not lost a single match against a vindicator. Most games are won with no less then 90% armor left on Flea. Centurion however is a much bigger threat with the ppfd ac20!

#60 Red-Mattila

• PipPipPip
  • Warrior - Point 1
  • Warrior - Point 1
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 05:09 PM

View PostAde the Rare, on 04 June 2018 - 05:21 AM, said:

They have the event now but the problem is that the casual players won't even touch anything that isn't quick play because they're tired of getting stomped. So while the population has increased (not much though) in Solaris it's only veteran players who are farming for the event and they're smart so 90 percent of them us metas build so you still end up with one or two mechs ruling their divisions

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users