572 replies to this topic

#41 PJohann

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 52 posts
  • LocationSoviet Union

Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:56 PM

Ohey, lets nerf clan alpha to be comparable with IS and keep recycle/duration and heat disparity at same time. Range argument is just silly with IS quirks and now they have upper hand in almost everything. Great balancing. Going back to gauss vomit.

#42 Luminis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 1,434 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:58 PM

View PostNoguchi-san, on 11 May 2018 - 04:52 PM, said:

Well - i heard it before that PGI does not like the Clans and nerfed them constantly over the last years. As a fresh and new Player i never seen any of them Devs play their own game and i believe that they just nerf dem Clans because so Tier 5 Players told them to do so - Russ?

Up until now, I would've said that nerfing the Clans was done because it needed to be done to bring them in line; they were just that much better than the IS when first released. Until now.

But... Well, I think people at PGI just don't really grasp how big a nerf these Ghost Heat changes are. Can't really think of any other explanation.

#43 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:00 PM

I'm really thinking about skipping Clan mechs in the future an getting a refund for Blood Asp and Hellfire.

#44 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:03 PM

All those Hellbringer pilots be mad as Blake now...

#45 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:05 PM

...still no art fix for the Timber Wolf right knee.
Posted Image
...or the Mad Dog right knee
Posted Image
...or to center the Timber Wolf Prime(I) "bike wracks"
Posted Image

#46 Randson

Rookie

• The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 4 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Michigan

Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:05 PM

however other things may have changed, ty PGI for hearing the community on the undersized highmount guns on the BASP. Good to know you guys are hearing us.

#47 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:06 PM

I get a perverse pleasure reading patch note comments whenever PGI nerfs the meta.

#48 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:09 PM

View PostLuminis, on 11 May 2018 - 04:58 PM, said:

Up until now, I would've said that nerfing the Clans was done because it needed to be done to bring them in line; they were just that much better than the IS when first released. Until now.

But... Well, I think people at PGI just don't really grasp how big a nerf these Ghost Heat changes are. Can't really think of any other explanation.

They do it because they have a bias against the Clans. (Even said it themselves a few years back.)

#49 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:12 PM

View PostPlatinum Top, on 11 May 2018 - 04:55 PM, said:

Buffing mobility would actually help TTK.

Those that rely on movement, yes. Those that can't aim while moving, no.

The challenge is buffing/nerfing unilaterally, across all skill levels.

It would be controversial, and perhaps too late to the party but having different values for different... tiers? would make more sense. Then make choosing your tier a player decision. After that, base rewards on your tier to such a degree that an average performer in tier 1 gets better rewards than someone slumming it in tier 5 and pwning face on purpose. Or make it so that lower tiers earn more xp but less cbills so as to be the "leveling" tiers... basically if ya want the kiddie pool you get kiddie rewards...

Maybe that's not the best idea but since some players can't see that nerfs/buffs are not about them specifically but rather performance across all players, I am thinking this kind of flexibility would have been good.

#50 Dyhalto

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:13 PM

Please color code the changes for Solaris divisions or only include the changed mechs with an indication of which division they moved from and to. It's hard enough as is to follow with the sorting not being alphabetized.

Edit: How are any of the Vindicators still in Div 7? It's painfully obvious that they are outperforming the other mechs in that division by a wide margin.

Edited by Dyhalto, 11 May 2018 - 05:25 PM.

#51 dr3dnought

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 130 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:14 PM

Just played a game of "which stock mechs have ghost heat (or worsened ghost heat) now?"

Results:

ADR-PRIME(C), ACH-C, COU-C, HBK-IIC-A, NVA-PRIME, NVA-S, NVA-S(C), SCR-B, SCR-PRIME(C), VPR-A, DWF-S, GAR-C, KDK-1, KDK-5, MCII-DS

So that's 3 champion mechs (INCLUDING THE TRIAL STORMCROW) that now have ghost heat, when they are supposed to be optimised loadouts.

Also this only includes mechs that are out for cbills/mc already. No doubt some of the store-only/preorder mechs are affected as well.

Edited by dr3dnought, 12 May 2018 - 02:49 AM.

#52 Noguchi-san

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 102 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:21 PM

View Postdr3dnought, on 11 May 2018 - 05:14 PM, said:

Just played a game of "which stock mechs have ghost heat (or worsened ghost heat) now?"

Results:

ADR-PRIME(C), ACH-C, COU-C, HBK-IIC-A, NVA-PRIME, NVA-S, NVA-S(C), SCR-B, SCR-PRIME(C), VPR-A, DWF-S, GAR-C, KDK-1, KDK-5, MCII-DS

So that's 3 champion mechs that now have ghost heat, when they are supposed to be optimised loadouts.

And all because those Devs at PGI never realy play their own game, or what? Just can´t believe it!

#53 Luminis

• The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 1,434 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:29 PM

View PostUncle Totty, on 11 May 2018 - 05:09 PM, said:

They do it because they have a bias against the Clans. (Even said it themselves a few years back.)

Chris was a Clan loyalist IIRC.

I don't think there's actually any ill-will or bias at work here. Just plain ol' lack of competence...

#54 Trenchbird

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:37 PM

Ah, good 'ol Clan Crocodile Tears, at it again.

Although, with the HLLs, I can agree that nerfing the GH limit for those was a bit much. Still, getting Laservom in any form getting kicked in the groin is nice.

Edited by Catten Hart, 11 May 2018 - 05:39 PM.

#55 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:44 PM

[redacted]

#56 cupkiller44

Rookie

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:45 PM

ok so after reading this am i mistaken in pointing out that the blood asp will have a stock build with ghost heat in the prime ? or for **** sake the BAS A will trip it as well so i have to ask shud i refund my preorder at this point becus this is getting a bit well ridicules when thats your answer . mind you it dosent actualy effect my lazer vomit but its still using 2 LL 3 ERml and 4 MPL or intruduce better wepons for clan like plasma whud be cool

#57 Trenchbird

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:45 PM

View PostGrus, on 11 May 2018 - 05:44 PM, said:

[redacted]

[redacted]

#58 Sixpack

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 244 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:46 PM

Don't worry fellow clanners, we still have LRMs.

haHaaa Posted Image Posted Image

#59 D34DMetal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 134 posts
  • Locationin a Mad Cat duh...

Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:47 PM

Heavy lasers didn't need these changes... how come these patches aren't trialed on the test server? Super disappointing patch notes.

#60 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:48 PM

so are we getting any reduced over all heat?

reduced burn time?

more armor or overall hp?

better mobility?

because now the clan mechs that use more that 4 energy are paper tigers.

you've effective increased the time we have to stare at a target to do the same damage with NO drawbacks for the other target.... this change is shear ********.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users