#41 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 27 May 2018 - 08:10 AM

View PostBTGbullseye, on 27 May 2018 - 03:54 AM, said:

And that my crap submission doesn't even chart.

Go back in. Touch it up. Add in details. I know you only meant it as a joke submission (or so how I'm taking it), but I'm sure no one would complain if you wanted to keep working on it.

My submission's basic is done. Even if I run out of time now for the finalized copy (Bishop, you set a high standard, even if I'm not in your category), I should have at least something to submit...

Edit: Typo/wrong word

Edited by Tesunie, 27 May 2018 - 08:16 AM.

#42 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 27 May 2018 - 11:00 AM

View PostTesunie, on 27 May 2018 - 08:10 AM, said:

Go back in. Touch it up. Add in details. I know you only meant it as a joke submission (or so how I'm taking it), but I'm sure no one would complain if you wanted to keep working on it.

I have actually worked on it somewhat, but I'm having trouble figuring out what to do for the feet. Basically the concept is an egg on 3 chicken legs, each with 3 toes. Oh, and "ears" for the weapon mount locations. Concept sketch has an LRM15 in the left ear. (as I said, concept, not duplicating one of the 2 known apocryphal variants)

Edited by BTGbullseye, 27 May 2018 - 11:04 AM.

#43 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 27 May 2018 - 05:31 PM

View PostBTGbullseye, on 27 May 2018 - 11:00 AM, said:

I have actually worked on it somewhat, but I'm having trouble figuring out what to do for the feet. Basically the concept is an egg on 3 chicken legs, each with 3 toes. Oh, and "ears" for the weapon mount locations. Concept sketch has an LRM15 in the left ear. (as I said, concept, not duplicating one of the 2 known apocryphal variants)

have you considered basing the leg design off the Reseen Project Phoenix Ostroc maybe?
Posted Image
would seem to fit your parameters and actually give a pretty solid base (though I have to admit, not sure if solid and walking tripod really belong in the same sentence, lol)

View PostTesunie, on 27 May 2018 - 08:10 AM, said:

My submission's basic is done. Even if I run out of time now for the finalized copy (Bishop, you set a high standard, even if I'm not in your category), I should have at least something to submit...

Edit: Typo/wrong word

while my ego appreciates the padding as much as the next guy, I have faith yours will kick butt. I'm not an upper deck artist by any stretch... not like you are competing against David White or Matt Plog here. (Though if jjm1 does get one done, or shinypants weighs in we could all be fighting for last place)

#44 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 08:34 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 27 May 2018 - 05:31 PM, said:

while my ego appreciates the padding as much as the next guy, I have faith yours will kick butt. I'm not an upper deck artist by any stretch... not like you are competing against David White or Matt Plog here. (Though if jjm1 does get one done, or shinypants weighs in we could all be fighting for last place)

Well, instead of just submitting a pencil drawing, or hand inking it with a light table; you've pushed me to try my hand at trying to digitally ink over my original drawing... Which isn't a bad thing at all. (Would be easier if I had my drawing tablet accessible. Oh well. By mouse it is!)

If I was you, I wouldn't be counting myself that short. Correction, if I was you I'd be probably cutting myself down even farther than that... Artists tend to be their own worse critics... Posted Image

#45 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 27 May 2018 - 08:48 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 27 May 2018 - 05:31 PM, said:

have you considered basing the leg design off the Reseen Project Phoenix Ostroc maybe?
Posted Image
would seem to fit your parameters and actually give a pretty solid base (though I have to admit, not sure if solid and walking tripod really belong in the same sentence, lol)

A little less flexible than I was going for, but the design did give me an idea that I need to work on.

#46 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 12:12 AM

View PostBTGbullseye, on 27 May 2018 - 08:48 PM, said:

A little less flexible than I was going for, but the design did give me an idea that I need to work on.

cool! can't wait to see what you brew up!

View PostTesunie, on 27 May 2018 - 08:34 PM, said:

Well, instead of just submitting a pencil drawing, or hand inking it with a light table; you've pushed me to try my hand at trying to digitally ink over my original drawing... Which isn't a bad thing at all. (Would be easier if I had my drawing tablet accessible. Oh well. By mouse it is!)

If I was you, I wouldn't be counting myself that short. Correction, if I was you I'd be probably cutting myself down even farther than that... Artists tend to be their own worse critics... Posted Image

I miss my light table. Still trying to get up the funds for a second hand tablet. Shim has pointed out a couple good models for cheap, but being the literal "starving artist", even that is currently out of my available budget! (unless I can get the mojo up to get a few more commissions finished pronto!)

#47 DONTOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 28 May 2018 - 12:38 AM

View Postjjm1, on 24 May 2018 - 01:19 AM, said:

Nice to see there is still enough community left for a comp.

I think I can dig up my motivation for MWO and finish something for this.

Just saw your red queen supernova, and damn do i wish that was the Supernova hero...

#48 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 28 May 2018 - 05:41 AM

Welp, i guess this is gonna be my submission for Category A

It's the Clint. I tried to do something new with the way i draw things digitally. Without the thick black lines that i usually have everywhere.
Whether is better or worse.... Probably worse, but i'm happy with the result. More or less.
Posted Image

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 28 May 2018 - 05:42 AM.

#49 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 07:05 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 28 May 2018 - 12:12 AM, said:

I miss my light table. Still trying to get up the funds for a second hand tablet. Shim has pointed out a couple good models for cheap, but being the literal "starving artist", even that is currently out of my available budget! (unless I can get the mojo up to get a few more commissions finished pronto!)

A light table can be cheap to make, depending upon what materials you have around. All you need is a piece of glass, preferably frosted, a frame to hold it at a level/angle comfortable to you, and a light source like a drop light.

If you for a glass end table, you can modify it for this use, even just by placing a light under it. If you are good with wood, you could create a whole wood box/frame. Ect. I bought mine from Staples for a rather cheap price, but that was some time ago.

Are you talking tablets that have screens, or the older fashioned art tablets that have no screen? I've been wanting an inexpensive one with a screen in it... but unscreened was so much cheaper. (Maybe PM me this information as well, so we don't drag this thread out? Or we can help advertise by bumping the thread some more...)

#50 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 07:29 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 28 May 2018 - 12:12 AM, said:

If you haven't seen / checked them out yet - Huion Tablets are as good as Wacom, but 1/10 the price.

The Model 580 is a solid 'A4' tablet and can be picked up for under $50 and the 1060plus is the 'newer version' and can be got for under $100.

View PostTesunie, on 28 May 2018 - 07:05 AM, said:

I've been wanting an inexpensive one with a screen in it... but unscreened was so much cheaper. (Maybe PM me this information as well, so we don't drag this thread out? Or we can help advertise by bumping the thread some more...)
Sadly doesn't exist. :(
Even the cheap and nasty ones are incredibly expensive.
See above for info on decent but cheap graphics tablets though.

#51 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 09:56 AM

View PostTesunie, on 28 May 2018 - 07:05 AM, said:

A light table can be cheap to make, depending upon what materials you have around. All you need is a piece of glass, preferably frosted, a frame to hold it at a level/angle comfortable to you, and a light source like a drop light.

If you for a glass end table, you can modify it for this use, even just by placing a light under it. If you are good with wood, you could create a whole wood box/frame. Ect. I bought mine from Staples for a rather cheap price, but that was some time ago.

Are you talking tablets that have screens, or the older fashioned art tablets that have no screen? I've been wanting an inexpensive one with a screen in it... but unscreened was so much cheaper. (Maybe PM me this information as well, so we don't drag this thread out? Or we can help advertise by bumping the thread some more...)

I have a light table. But it's in Mexico and I currently am not.

View PostOvion, on 28 May 2018 - 07:29 AM, said:

If you haven't seen / checked them out yet - Huion Tablets are as good as Wacom, but 1/10 the price.

The Model 580 is a solid 'A4' tablet and can be picked up for under $50 and the 1060plus is the 'newer version' and can be got for under $100.

Sadly doesn't exist. Posted Image
Even the cheap and nasty ones are incredibly expensive.
See above for info on decent but cheap graphics tablets though.

yeah a Cintiq would be nice, but I don't have 800$ to spare atm

#52 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 28 May 2018 - 01:53 PM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 28 May 2018 - 05:41 AM, said:

Welp, i guess this is gonna be my submission for Category A

It's the Clint. I tried to do something new with the way i draw things digitally. Without the thick black lines that i usually have everywhere.
Whether is better or worse.... Probably worse, but i'm happy with the result. More or less.
Posted Image

Juodas you've got to stop with that crap, you're a great artist man. Own that ****.

That picture has character and is well done. Great work, love the tie in to The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
Also sign that, date it.

Edited by JackalBeast, 28 May 2018 - 03:06 PM.

#53 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 01:58 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 28 May 2018 - 09:56 AM, said:

yeah a Cintiq would be nice, but I don't have 800$ to spare atm
And honestly... the Cintiqs aren't any better than the Huions.

Wacom are basically the 'apple' of drawing hardware at this point - it might be good, and in the past it might have been better than others, but now it's inflating the cost for its name.

#54 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 28 May 2018 - 03:15 PM

K I'm in this. place holder.

Posted Image

Edited by Jackal Noble, 04 June 2018 - 12:31 PM.

#55 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 03:17 PM

View PostJackalBeast, on 28 May 2018 - 03:15 PM, said:

K I'm in this. place holder.

Questions arise... what mech is this one? If I may ask.

#56 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 28 May 2018 - 03:21 PM

View PostTesunie, on 28 May 2018 - 03:17 PM, said:

One without legs yet...lol jk. I'm not done with it yet.

Nm, will say when it's done.

Posted Image

Edited by JackalBeast, 28 May 2018 - 03:20 PM.

#57 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 03:46 PM

View PostJackalBeast, on 28 May 2018 - 03:21 PM, said:

One without legs yet...lol jk. I'm not done with it yet.

Nm, will say when it's done.

Posted Image

Posted Image

That's cool. Just wondering, because I can't figure it out/don't recognize it.

I can see I probably wont stand much of a chance here, but I'm doing this for fun. Never was in it for "just the prize", It's a great challenge.

#58 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 04:42 PM

View PostTesunie, on 28 May 2018 - 03:17 PM, said:

G**** **** would be my guess ;)

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 28 May 2018 - 04:48 PM.

#59 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 07:02 PM

View PostCK16, on 22 May 2018 - 05:21 AM, said:

Good luck!

Category A.

Firefly
Posted Image

I will comment, I was really trying to go with the old TRO and other official art feeling for this.

Edited by Tesunie, 28 May 2018 - 07:02 PM.

#60 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 28 May 2018 - 08:03 PM

That's pretty awesome Tesunie, nice work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users