Mech Yourself Before You Wreck Yourself!

70 replies to this topic

#21 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,664 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 29 May 2018 - 03:01 PM

Is PGI attempting to raise funds in an attempt to renew their license?

#22 Zookeeper Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 487 posts
  • LocationBeer City USA

Posted 29 May 2018 - 03:31 PM

View PostStink Bug, on 29 May 2018 - 02:21 PM, said:

Wooo! IS Orion is FINALLY on sale! Way to go PGI!

I was thinking the same thing. Which one should I get though?

#23 Bwah Ha Ha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 158 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 03:49 PM

Have to agree with devnull, this was poorly planned. #1 Its a work week, #2 Payday is Friday. Unless there is a huge sale coming not going to get much from me in the middle of the week.

What you really need is a huge Fathers day sale!

Edited by Bwah Ha Ha, 29 May 2018 - 03:51 PM.

#24 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 29 May 2018 - 04:03 PM

View PostBwah Ha Ha, on 29 May 2018 - 03:49 PM, said:

What you really need is a huge Fathers day sale!

With all of the Founder stuff in it.

#25 BrunoSSace

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 29 May 2018 - 04:12 PM

Agree this should last for like 2 weeks. But thank you for finally putting the Golden Boy on sale. Dont get paid till next week so if you want my money, please extend it.
My 2cents nice sale, it pays to advertise in advance, make the customers happy.
Bruno

#26 stealthraccoon

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 29 May 2018 - 04:22 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 29 May 2018 - 02:49 PM, said:

Ah the Grid Iron LTD is not for Sale... Removed from Post

The LTD had a Cheerleader Bobblehead Cockpit item.
https://mwomercs.com...hero-grid-iron/

Posted Image

Yes, and Janet was worth every penny!

#27 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 29 May 2018 - 04:51 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 29 May 2018 - 03:01 PM, said:

Is PGI attempting to raise funds in an attempt to renew their license?

Who knows... maybe? It could also be they're hurting for funds to battle against 'Harmony Gold'... If that's the case, and they can't get enough Real $$$, then MechCon's MWOWC would be ruined along with their effort to protect MWO remaining in operation. This would explain all these Sales that are happening, while there's a lack of the Events to keep people from running into the floor. :(

~D. V. "It's the only logical thing I can think of, after having a can't-win-for-losing kind of day." Devnull

#28 Gill

• PipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 23 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 May 2018 - 05:18 PM

AWESOME. Thanks again PGI, I think I was among many who missed the mem day sales and BOOM you hit us with another one, I vote you best ftp economy! Thanks for being THE BIZOMB!

#29 FallGuy0815

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 152 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 05:19 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 29 May 2018 - 04:51 PM, said:

Who knows... maybe? It could also be they're hurting for funds to battle against 'Harmony Gold'... If that's the case, and they can't get enough Real $$$, then MechCon's MWOWC would be ruined along with their effort to protect MWO remaining in operation. This would explain all these Sales that are happening, while there's a lack of the Events to keep people from running into the floor. Posted Image

~D. V. "It's the only logical thing I can think of, after having a can't-win-for-losing kind of day." Devnull

Oh, come on! You of all people should know best that PGI cannot possibly comment on the law suit, and any speculation on the forums is just that: Wildly guessing in the dark. Going to the town square and crying "the end is nigh" is not really helping, although everyone has this in the back of their minds. As long as PGI cannot respond and the case is not settled for sure, this is just pooping in the pool. As far as i understand the law system on the other side of the pond we might as well throw some bones to learn about the outcome at this point in time. Or toss a coin.

I will not let this thought influence my decisions about what mechs to buy in this sale if i have the time to gather the bills for sure, although it will probably only be the low hanging fruits because short notice / little time (i agree with you there 100%)

Edited by FallGuy0815, 29 May 2018 - 05:20 PM.

#30 YUyahoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 05:23 PM

Hey Matt Newman, thank you for another sale...and for the inclusion of some of the older mechs that haven't been discounted for years!

Just an FYI though, the (incredibly overpriced) cbill ofr MC packs have been on sale before for 50% off some time around late 2015 or early 2016

#31 dr3dnought

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 130 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 08:47 PM

I would like this sale to last at least a week like the other recent sales

#32 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 29 May 2018 - 09:59 PM

Got a bunch of chassis' I didn't own yet (JR7-D, CN9-AL, DRG-5N, AWS-8R, ZEU-6T). Unsure about getting another hero mech. Any recommendations of this sale?

#33 Ery

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 178 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 10:15 PM

View PostEry, on 23 May 2018 - 11:58 PM, said:

Need sale for Atlas, Awsome, Orion, Kintaro, Commando. :-)

Wow, 6 days... this was fast:-D

#34 Thrudvangar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 646 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 10:34 PM

Good one PGI, i was expecting another mech sale this week with the Gargoyle-D and Awesome!
Thx!

#35 Mercarryn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 289 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 30 May 2018 - 12:52 AM

Well, the timeframe is quite short. It would not hurt if it is extended to sunday, I`d say.
Anyway, nice sale, I might grab some more older mechs like Hunchback.

#36 TK Romero

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 56 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 May 2018 - 01:38 AM

This is how PGI opens my wallet, by slashing prices on content that is overpriced and stretching the value of real money.

Any chance the C-bill bundles will drop for good, maybe have the 6.5 million C-bill MC price sync up to a $7 MC pack? Also, the promo from a previous event with enough C-bills and GXP to master a mech was good with the launch of Solaris.

Maybe just encourage more micro transactions by not relying on deep pockets, revisit the mech bundles cause why are 3 variant packs still a thing with the skill tree, and remove pay walls for mech packs.

Consider the price of a single hero mech on the store. Atlas Hero for $30 compared to Fafnir standard pack (3 variants) + Hero Add-on for $35.

Oh and please please please a C-bill boost upgrade that costs MC for standard variants. $7 MC pack for a 10% boost.

No more ranting, thanks for the sale.

#37 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 30 May 2018 - 01:54 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 29 May 2018 - 12:54 PM, said:

Posted Image

Well, PGI... It took a few, but I see what you did there... :P

Start -- "Trek Yourself Before You Wreck Yourself"

End -- "Mech Yourself Before You Wreck Yourself"

Yup, nice meme usage... B)

~D. V. "might have been slow, but I got it now" Devnull

#38 Baron von ztreik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 890 posts
  • LocationGDR

Posted 30 May 2018 - 04:19 AM

The AWS-9M(C) is not for sale, but for all others the champion is inside. Mistake or intention?

#39 Spare Parts Bin

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 30 May 2018 - 04:30 AM

I skilled 3 Clan Mechs/Omnimechs with about $22 in MC yesterday. The $ tree is dormant for now. Besides Clan Heroes are not on sale. Do not get me wrong I am glad PGI is having sales.

#40 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 07:54 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 29 May 2018 - 04:51 PM, said:

Who knows... maybe? It could also be they're hurting for funds to battle against 'Harmony Gold'... If that's the case, and they can't get enough Real $$$, then MechCon's MWOWC would be ruined along with their effort to protect MWO remaining in operation. This would explain all these Sales that are happening, while there's a lack of the Events to keep people from running into the floor. Posted Image

It might also be the opposite . Perhaps they are getting higher than usual profits and they just want to ride that wave till it blows over ? PGI has scored more cash from me than any other FTP game . I wonder if i am a whale yet ?

It would totally suck if they are not making their rent . I imagine the alarm bells would go off in my head if everything was on 50 % discount but right now its still cherry picked . I cannot say this weeks sale options are very impressive . That says to me everything is fine .

I will have more paypal pennies for PGI in June . Its a Pain GOD Pinky Promise .Posted Image

Edited by Pain G0D, 30 May 2018 - 07:56 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users