Solo Queue - Mm Update (30/05/2018)

159 replies to this topic

#121 Z09

Rookie

• Mercenary Rank 3
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 08:10 AM

Have to stop playing tonight. Feeling too tired to continue playing. 6 straight loses with the best match at 4-12. 0-12 to 2-12 with the rest of the matches. Really down on my luck. Sorry for the unlucky guys that are in the same teams as me Posted Image [color=inherit].[/color]

#122 RJF Volkodav

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 12:45 AM

GG WP, Matchmaker... I wonder how much time do i need to see a full team dealing <100 dmg. This one was pretty close. You cannot even farm potatoes now, they just dying instantly...

Posted Image

And this one even better. Now Stomping Online with 9 vs 12.
Posted Image

Edited by RJF Volkodav, 04 October 2018 - 12:52 AM.

#123 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 04 October 2018 - 03:14 AM

Solo queue? And consider the time of the day and what the MM has to work with Your post says 3:45am CDT (Texas). And the 2nd screenshot, is that conquest? I can see that happening when one side has a dedicated capping set and the rest do not spread out while the other side was spread out and picked apart.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 04 October 2018 - 03:15 AM.

#124 RJF Volkodav

• 1,444 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 08:49 AM

I won both of them, but it still sucks. No fun at all to play that kind of matches.
Both of them was just straight up elimination of enemy team. No matter conquest or not. That was just an example of stomping 9v12 - how that could be called a matchaking?

#125 RJF Volkodav

• 1,444 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 09:13 AM

I can easily show whats the problem here. And it is not about "splitting", primetime or anything else. It just about skills.

Match 1:
Team Won:
Posted Image

Team Lost:
Posted Image

Match 2:
Team Won:
Posted Image
Team Lost:
Posted Image

Edited by RJF Volkodav, 04 October 2018 - 09:34 AM.

#126 Holy Jackson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 222 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 12:41 PM

LOL 40% players in tier 1.

They should just dump the tier system at this point and have the servers check jarls list and set up the two 12 mans with the same average stats.

#127 RJF Volkodav

• 1,444 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 12:22 AM

Almost for each "stomp" game i've analyzed there were a possibility to change players between 2 teams using same weight class to achieve 5-7% disbalance in average MS/KDR/WL rating for a teams and balance different level players counts. But... Sadly noone cares.

Edited by RJF Volkodav, 05 October 2018 - 05:06 AM.

#128 Lethe Wyvern

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 489 posts
  • LocationRCW

Posted 05 October 2018 - 03:34 AM

View PostRJF Volkodav, on 04 October 2018 - 09:13 AM, said:

I did same math for bunch of ultra carry/uber stomp games when mg mister lynx came, and then when piranha have been released. All the same my dude.

#129 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 06 October 2018 - 01:23 AM

View PostRJF Volkodav, on 04 October 2018 - 12:45 AM, said:

GG WP, Matchmaker... I wonder how much time do i need to see a full team dealing &lt;100 dmg. This one was pretty close. You cannot even farm potatoes now, they just dying instantly...

Posted Image

And this one even better. Now Stomping Online with 9 vs 12.
Posted Image

Sheesh! And I thought I was always dumped with inept idiots.

Has Paul actually turned off notifications for this thread as he's not looking clearly.

#130 Raythe 71

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 10:52 PM

What about tieing the chassis weight class TO the percent of players per weight class? if 66% of the population is piloting assaults, then weight each team with 8 assaults? Pilot who prefer their lights could see the high percentage of assaults and be like "alright, its assasinating time!" and vice versa?

basically, whatever weight class you chose, your priority in Queue would then stay the same, due to the weighting of slots per weight class being tied to what is being played.

#131 Anastasius Foht

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 247 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 10:27 AM

View Post13loodwraith, on 14 October 2018 - 10:52 PM, said:

What about tieing the chassis weight class TO the percent of players per weight class? if 66% of the population is piloting assaults, then weight each team with 8 assaults? Pilot who prefer their lights could see the high percentage of assaults and be like "alright, its assasinating time!" and vice versa?

basically, whatever weight class you chose, your priority in Queue would then stay the same, due to the weighting of slots per weight class being tied to what is being played.

It works exactly like that if there 6 mediums and 18 assaults only in search, game throw all of them at same game

#132 G4ost

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 29 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 October 2018 - 06:05 AM

Okay so you've fixed one thing but there's still a massive bias in matchmaking You Dev's need to fix the match making!

I have been in countless games that have 5-8+ Assaults vs the other team that has 2!

This game has become broken and is slowing being ruined by such meta's as "Nascar'ing" why this has become a thing is presumably because it works in other games like World Of Wartanks and the maps that have been made are making this streamlined to a point where its constant.

We need more match making options including but not limited to being able to choose what Tier of players we want with in reason (EG: T1 shouldn't be able to queue with T5 players but if T5 players want to queue with T1 then more meat for the grinder) as well as being able to queue with people that have a historic record of talking on VOIP.

#133 mistlynx4life

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 06:15 AM

View PostG4ost, on 30 October 2018 - 06:05 AM, said:

We need more match making options including but not limited to being able to choose what Tier of players we want with in reason (EG: T1 shouldn't be able to queue with T5 players but if T5 players want to queue with T1 then more meat for the grinder) as well as being able to queue with people that have a historic record of talking on VOIP.

Haven't played the game in almost a year but this thread keeps getting necro'd, lol.

TIER MEANS NOTHING, since T5 folks could have just installed yesterday or be an alternate account for a T1 player. Similarly, T1 is full of people who got there through brute force and not skill (unless they've made significant changes to PSR calculation in the last year?). Choosing which tier to battle will lengthen the MM process and ultimately accomplish nothing because it'll still be lop-sided. There isn't really a way to measure activity on VOIP either, and if I blast Britney Spears for a whole match - does that mean I'm counted as active? I'm not shooting down your ideas, G4ost, because they come from a place of desperation - something does need to be done... but I don't know that anyone can expect change at this point. Happy Gaming!

#134 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 07:19 AM

View PostG4ost, on 30 October 2018 - 06:05 AM, said:

Okay so you've fixed one thing but there's still a massive bias in matchmaking You Dev's need to fix the match making!

I have been in countless games that have 5-8+ Assaults vs the other team that has 2! (edited - will only see this in GROUP QUEUE)

This game has become broken and is slowing being ruined by such meta's as "Nascar'ing" why this has become a thing is presumably because it works in other games like World Of Wartanks and the maps that have been made are making this streamlined to a point where its constant.

Huge difference between Solo queue and Group queue. Solo queue there has not been any weight class differences in awhile. Group queue restrictions is the larger the group the lower average weight/player. PGI has given the players the max allotted amount per group size, it is up to those players if they are going to utilize all of it or not.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 30 October 2018 - 07:20 AM.

#135 Maugged

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 157 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 08:14 AM

All those gifts were nice but let's face it, matchmaking is just plain horrible. Completely unbalanced(ie one side full of lrms in open maps the other one has none, one side gets rolled over by the other etc...).

#136 skellr

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 11:09 AM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 30 May 2018 - 02:10 PM, said:

My main thought process was to identify the major time hogs when it came to creating the teams of individual players.

Was weight class an issue/bottleneck?

Could we have an opt-in flexible "drop deck" for solo/QP where we could choose a mech from each class, or only a couple classes, each with a separate priority for preference. "i'd like to play light, but heavy is ok, or even medium class." If I really don't want to play assault I could just not add it to the "drop deck".

Some of us are flexible, maybe it could help the wait time even more.

Edited by skellr, 02 March 2019 - 11:10 AM.

#137 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 11:12 AM

Damn necromancers...

#138 skellr

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 11:16 AM

View PostGrus, on 02 March 2019 - 11:12 AM, said:

Damn necromancers...

As long as the problem remains...

#139 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 12:28 PM

And it is a sticky thread..... near the top all the time :)

#140 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 01:42 AM

necro bells necro bells

Match maker all the wae

O wot fun it would be,

if Match matcher bluddy worked..

Rhymes Yeah!!!................?

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 18 March 2019 - 01:42 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users