• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 609 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 07 June 2018 - 02:22 PM

Adding Solaris events to the Special Events system.

Just great PGI. My chances to win something on SOL7 is precisely 0,00%, or "nil". -_-

#22 Mark Nicholson

3D Artist

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 263 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 02:24 PM

I know some of you are uneasy about the weapon retrofits, concerned about changes to mechs you've known and loved for 6 years in some cases. It's not our intention to move hardpoints, we're trying very hard to keep them as close as possible.

Unfortunately, in incorporating the new weapon system and it's mostly standard sizes, the Banshee couldn't incorporate so many weapons so closely in the old positions without a lot of overlap. This need for space is more apparent with the larger ppcs than lasers. The old lasers were also way undersized. It's not ideal, and it's not much consolation to say that the lower laser mounts are more consistent with previous depictions of of the Banshee.

#23 Hellfire666

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 123 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 02:28 PM

3 months of work that should have been done before the 3060 tech was dropped but hey, who doesn't like releasing half done work?

Why oh WHY are you making balance changes to the WHOLE game based on STOCK builds that NO ONE RUNS. Oh right, for the lame Stock Only Tournament. Someone needs to lay off the alcohol, it's impairing the game.

View PostMark Nicholson, on 07 June 2018 - 02:24 PM, said:

I know some of you are uneasy about the weapon retrofits, concerned about changes to mechs you've known and loved for 6 years in some cases. It's not our intention to move hardpoints, we're trying very hard to keep them as close as possible.

Unfortunately, in incorporating the new weapon system and it's mostly standard sizes, the Banshee couldn't incorporate so many weapons so closely in the old positions without a lot of overlap. This need for space is more apparent with the larger ppcs than lasers. The old lasers were also way undersized. It's not ideal, and it's not much consolation to say that the lower laser mounts are more consistent with previous depictions of of the Banshee.

and there you have it - PGI has no problems breaking your mechs for "art" reasons.

#24 Brain Cancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 02:31 PM

It might even be less painful if you simply allowed us to pick which hardpoint the weapon went into. Hint, hint.

#25 Grayson Sortek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 371 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 03:04 PM

I'm very happy to be able to save load outs and skill trees guys, even more hyped to try it out in testing grounds before spending c-bills (I assume?). However, I don't know how I feel about sharing builds. It might be really fun to share some stuff with friends, or even people who follow my YouTube... but what about people sharing meta builds and that being the only thing we see because it's even easier now? Technically there is nothing stopping people from doing this now, just look at how popular metamechs got, but I can see it becoming more of a problem with sharing.

#26 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 07 June 2018 - 03:05 PM

No no. "Close as possible" is flat out not good enough. "Identical" is the only acceptable answer here.

#27 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 07 June 2018 - 03:22 PM

PGI, I've just read the RoadMap... Seeing a few potentially weird things...
  • Solaris -- This particular Game Zone doesn't really need to become part of the Events System. We can't even get Events that indiscriminately cover all currently linked Game Zones (Quick Play & Faction Warfare) without having one or the other specifically required. Trying to force people into Solaris who simply can't enjoy the mode (myself included, damnit) will cause hate and disgust toward Events in general.
  • Single Heat Sinks -- Might need a slight improvement, but watch out so that it does not make some boated builds loaded full of them into OverPowered designs. I could see some dangerous things accidentally happening here.
  • Ammo Increases -- Ballistics are already relatively fine, maybe needing one extra shot per ton on AC/20-Types of Ammo. Missiles will not need this if you just decrease all LRM/ATM/MRM spread values by 0.2, and decrease SRM spread values by 0.1, such that more missiles have a tiny chance of actually striking like they should.
...but that's all that caught my attention. Oh, that reminds me...
  • Unopened Supply Cache Counter -- Please fix the Bugged Indicator in the Orange Bar up top? When someone earns a New Supply Cache, this Counter is not updating immediately, and forces someone to access the Inventory or Re-Login to make it update.
  • WareHouse Consumable Counters -- They've sat derelict with failure to update at the moment where someone edits the Loadout config. It takes switching tabs in the WareHouse to force it to display properly. This particular Bug has persisted for quite some time now, on the order of several months.
  • Nova NVA-S(C) Consumables -- Needs to lose the Unintentional Free 2nd Consumable Slot... How did that Bug get there, I would like to know??? It's been allowed to persist for a bit without even a HotFix, and who knows what unbalanced abuse (which I won't fall into doing) this has allowed.
...and now I'll look forward to an improvement with the June Monthly Patch. In the meantime, my face looks something like this little emoji/smiley... :mellow:

~D. V. "Just walking by with the most glaring listing of flaws..." Devnull

#28 Blue Splint

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 03:24 PM

Any word on Solaris ACC-based rank progression resetting or not? I'm guessing no based on it not being mentioned but it'd be great to have an official word on that.

#29 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 07 June 2018 - 03:27 PM

View PostMetachanic, on 07 June 2018 - 02:14 PM, said:

Keen to see the new round of 3060 tech updates, but I sincerely hope they do not affect the Battlemaster in the same way as the Banshee. The Battlemaster is the thin red line giving IS a chance at the long-range trading game versus clans in Faction Play, and if its mounts wind up lower, it'll be a very tough spot with no real replacements available.

in fairness, the shoulder mounts on the Battlemaster are kinda iconic in how they're set up. thing people tend to forget for the Banshee is a lot of those actually had a bunch of ADDED hardpoints from the stock layout that really shouldn't have been there in the first place. look at the Banshees you get in the BattleTech game by HBS, where you can't swap engines so you're stuck with the 400 Standard. not really anywhere close to the ridiculousness Banshees used to get up to. and to be honest... the Atlas has had lower mounts for years than the Banshee and it still does just fine. grow a pair, Banshee pilots, and realize you're an ASSAULT mech. you have to have SOME face time, and a Banshee is pretty damn sturdy..

View PostKhalcruth, on 07 June 2018 - 03:05 PM, said:

No no. "Close as possible" is flat out not good enough. "Identical" is the only acceptable answer here.

pretty sure the answer to that second part is "we don't cater to people who act entitled"

"Close as possible" IS the only answer they can give, and you just have to accept that.

#30 Jaspbo1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 232 posts
  • LocationWoah

Posted 07 June 2018 - 03:29 PM

I appreciate the work to retrofit these weapons, but they look awkward. The old geometry wasn't perfect but it fit in the with 'mech, rather than felt like lego blocks tacked onto it. The Shadowhawk now has a gunmetal missile plate on it's chest and very few of these changes look good. I mean, do we have to hearken back to the Commando and Dragon changes?

#31 slide

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 07 June 2018 - 03:48 PM

And not 1 **** was given to faction play.

Not wasting my time anymore.

#32 Doomich

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 68 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 07 June 2018 - 04:01 PM

Faction Play? Hello?.. Posted Image

#33 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 07 June 2018 - 04:09 PM

And also - what happened to "after we release Solaris, then we're going to focus on faction play"???? So now we're pushed back to September at the absolute very earliest?

Edit - Wow we all had the same thought at the same time.

Edited by Khalcruth, 07 June 2018 - 04:09 PM.

#34 shameless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 491 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 04:18 PM

View Postslide, on 07 June 2018 - 03:48 PM, said:

And not 1 **** was given to faction play.

Not wasting my time anymore.

Did you really expect them to? It's all about their bid to get into the esports.... screw all the promises they made to those of us since the beginning they've failed to deliver on. I doubt we see anything real and substantial for FW till January or Febuary at the earliest.

#35 Joshua McEvedy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDuchy of Oriente, Free Worlds League

Posted 07 June 2018 - 04:32 PM

And not a peep about Faction Warfare...

Posted Image

#36 Joshua McEvedy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDuchy of Oriente, Free Worlds League

Posted 07 June 2018 - 04:38 PM

View PostHellfire666, on 07 June 2018 - 02:28 PM, said:

Why oh WHY are you making balance changes to the WHOLE game based on STOCK builds that NO ONE RUNS.

For MW5 too...kill two birds with one stone.

View PostKhalcruth, on 07 June 2018 - 04:09 PM, said:

So now we're pushed back to September at the absolute very earliest?

Nope...they'll be getting ready for MechCon and MW5 release.

It's done.

#37 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 07 June 2018 - 04:54 PM

And still nothing is being done with isXL engine to give it the same benefit as the cXL....

#38 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts
  • LocationCurrently dodging the pugs war crimes tribunal

Posted 07 June 2018 - 04:56 PM

Press F for the battlemaster.

#39 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 07 June 2018 - 05:21 PM

Ammo:
Autocannon and Missile ammo will be increased to provide better overall potential damage-per-ton compared to the current game.

Finally!

#40 PobbestGob

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 197 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 05:29 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 07 June 2018 - 03:22 PM, said:

• Nova NVA-S(C) Consumables -- Needs to lose the Unintentional Free 2nd Consumable Slot... How did that Bug get there, I would like to know??? It's been allowed to persist for a bit without even a HotFix, and who knows what unbalanced abuse (which I won't fall into doing) this has allowed.

Not just the nova either, there are several variants with extra consumable slots, and they're all champion variants:

adr-primec
nva-sc
hbr-fc
mal-mx90c
wlf-1c
whm-6dc
kdk-3c
pxh-2c

an artifact from pre skill tree maybe?
EDIT: just realized there's 2 mechs of each class with 1 from each faction. these were long-time trial mechs.

Edited by Kill2Blit, 13 June 2018 - 09:02 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users