#41 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts
  • LocationCurrently dodging the pugs war crimes tribunal

Posted 07 June 2018 - 05:59 PM

View Postshameless, on 07 June 2018 - 04:18 PM, said:

Did you really expect them to? It's all about their bid to get into the esports....

Yes because stock tourneys draw those kinda people...

#42 Chiasson Brinker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ace
  • The Ace
  • 260 posts
  • LocationWayside V

Posted 07 June 2018 - 06:03 PM

So build sharing, but what about being able to kit out a mech in the store's mechlab and then being able to purchase said mech as customized?

#43 paws2sky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 167 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 06:52 PM

Build sharing? Fantastic!
More 3060 weapon refits? Nice.
Ammo changes? Yay!

And the other stuff. Yeah, right on.

-paws

#44 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 730 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 07 June 2018 - 08:23 PM

View PostLt Blackthorn, on 07 June 2018 - 11:35 AM, said:

It bears stating that myself and a great many other players are deeply concerned about the upcoming weapon model updates for various chassis. This shouldn't be the case, but some of the recent remodels have either looked terrible (the Firestarter) or, more distressingly, the remodels nerfed a chassis, the Banshee, into the ground, when It was already barely viable. The lowering of the mounts on the Banshee rendered unusable all but one of the variants, the recently armor-quirked 3S

Seeing the Battlemaster on this list is extremely worrying, since the only things that makes that chassis viable are those high energy hardpoints on the shoulders. If they are altered poorly and/or lowered, they will completely ruin the chassis, which, by the way, is the only IS mech that can compete with clan erLL spam in certain FP maps.

We'd strongly advise PGI to take a closer look at their modelers' work on upcoming weapon updates to make sure that no more chassis are unduly affected in their gameplay because of somewhat trivial cosmetic updates.

Yeah I dont care for Banshees but the Firestarter, ugh what did they do with that poor thing? As if it hadn't suffered enough with the rescale...

#45 Black Ivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 11:23 PM

Hm, actually underwhelming Roadmap. Nothing I really care for...

Edited by Black Ivan, 07 June 2018 - 11:24 PM.

#46 Ery

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 178 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 11:38 PM

View PostMark Nicholson, on 07 June 2018 - 02:24 PM, said:

I know some of you are uneasy about the weapon retrofits, concerned about changes to mechs you've known and loved for 6 years in some cases. It's not our intention to move hardpoints, we're trying very hard to keep them as close as possible.

Unfortunately, in incorporating the new weapon system and it's mostly standard sizes, the Banshee couldn't incorporate so many weapons so closely in the old positions without a lot of overlap. This need for space is more apparent with the larger ppcs than lasers. The old lasers were also way undersized. It's not ideal, and it's not much consolation to say that the lower laser mounts are more consistent with previous depictions of of the Banshee.

but you could have started from top to bottom, the current version is as bad as possible

look here
https://mwomercs.com...oint-locations/

#47 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,589 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 08 June 2018 - 01:56 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 07 June 2018 - 11:10 AM, said:

New Feature: Build Profile Saving and Sharing
  • You will be able to save and load 'Mech loadouts and Skill Tree builds with ease with this new feature!
  • You can export your favorite 'Mech loadout and Skill Tree builds to share with other fellow MechWarriors or even choose to import other MechWarriors' builds for your own use.
  • Sharing build codes has been made much easier as well with a small update to the Floating Chat system.

Question: Are we going to be able to copy a favorite skilltree from one of our owned Mechs and "equip" it on a new buyed mech as example? Of course with paying XP and cbills for all 91 noodes.That would be awesome and save a lots of clicks

Edited by Mighty Spike, 10 June 2018 - 05:56 AM.

#48 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 08 June 2018 - 02:30 AM

Not fond of the idea to have the event system support Solaris 7.
Sure, an event would get a few more players as bad as me in the S7 queues ...

#49 Steve Pryde

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,465 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 June 2018 - 02:49 AM

Build switching after 6 years, well better too late than never.

#50 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 04:40 AM

Good to hear events will get added to solaris 7. Events are about encouraging people to play the game modes they are for and encouraging people to give things a decent go and sadly solaris 7 got off to a very bad start by having 2 rare bonus xp QP events 1 on its launch weekend in its 1st month. I love the mode just wish it had the numbers to launch games every 1 minute within 250 ssr. Glad to here beer warriors next season will get better closer fights from the start of the season not need to lose 20+ matches b4 they can get a close fight.

#51 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 04:44 AM

Events are not forced upon anyone they are bonus rewards for a voluntary decision to partake in certain parts of games at specific times. How can you hate something you havent had the opportunity to try properly because btech and xp event made it nearly DOA. A decent event will allow for close enjoyable intense matches.

#52 admiralbenbow123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 08 June 2018 - 06:19 AM

Why does everyone keep thinking that the 3060s weapon retrofits will change the hardpoint placements? PGI will just update the weapon models (example: RAC5s and RAC2s won't look like UAC5s, Light and Heavy gauss won't look like regular gauss) on certain mechs and nothing else. You don't need to worry about any of your favorite mechs getting nerfed.

#53 MrKvola

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 329 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 06:31 AM

View Postadmiralbenbow123, on 08 June 2018 - 06:19 AM, said:

Why does everyone keep thinking that the 3060s weapon retrofits will change the hardpoint placements? PGI will just update the weapon models (example: RAC5s and RAC2s won't look like UAC5s, Light and Heavy gauss won't look like regular gauss) on certain mechs and nothing else. You don't need to worry about any of your favorite mechs getting nerfed.

Because they did change the placement on the Banshees, for example.

#54 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • Locationplaying Planetary / Community Warfare / Faction Warfare / Faction Play

Posted 08 June 2018 - 07:06 AM

If you aren't going to put any more effort into FP, please at least put up some events that support it.

#55 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 08 June 2018 - 07:43 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 07 June 2018 - 04:54 PM, said:

And still nothing is being done with isXL engine to give it the same benefit as the cXL....

because that's never going to happen: #1. we have light engines. #2. Clan XLs and IS XLs are not the same engines. deal with it.

View PostMrKvola, on 08 June 2018 - 06:31 AM, said:

Because they did change the placement on the Banshees, for example.

well, as someone pointed out earlier, some had to be moved a bit simply for the fact of the sheer size of some of the 3060s weapons

#56 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 08 June 2018 - 07:52 AM

View PostArkhangel, on 08 June 2018 - 07:43 AM, said:

well, as someone pointed out earlier, some had to be moved a bit simply for the fact of the sheer size of some of the 3060s weapons

And that is a terrible thing. If they cannot migrate the Banshee to the new style of art without removing one of it's few advantages (5 high energy hardpoints), then they should leave it alone and leave it with the old art style.

#57 Kell Aset

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 08 June 2018 - 08:52 AM

Nothing about new maps and ofc nothing about Faction Play. I hope we won't have to wait till next year to see some new map added to the game, 1 new map per year ain't enough.
Anyway, please ffs improve Faction Play already, make it worth playing, now it lacks depth and meaning, nothing matters in our so called "Faction Play", wins & loses don't matter, planets are all the same and don't matter, state of IS map doesn't matter. Not to mention that factions are all the same, well actually now we have only two factions - clans and IS. I was a Kurita loyalist since Community Warfare was released and nothing in this game makes me care about my faction.

#58 Kalthios

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 374 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 08 June 2018 - 11:24 AM

Cataphract needs hardpoints/arms moved. The shortest obstructions block your shots.

#59 Joska Rifinaukr

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 11:29 AM

I'm pretty happy to see so much active development this far in. On the topic of QOL improvements to working with the mechbay, would it be possible to have the endo-steel or ferro-fibrous hold off on applying its 14/7 slot penalty until after I install the modules I want? Last night I was optimizing my loadout and I kept having to take off the internal upgrade and drop an item out of an arm in order to free up the slots in the torso, whereas leaving the upgrade on caused the slots in the torso to grey out and would have resulted in lots of vital stuff in the arm that probably shouldn't be there. In the end it all worked out, but it was a hell of a long process getting my gear where I wanted it.

#60 burns

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • LocationMonerica

Posted 08 June 2018 - 02:49 PM

View PostSteve Pryde, on 08 June 2018 - 02:49 AM, said:

Build switching after 6 years, well better too late than never.

Was it 6 years already?

Took people long enough to stop buying multiple mech chassis for ease of build management :E

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users