#21 K O N D O

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Silver Champ
  • CS 2020 Silver Champ
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:05 PM

View PostQueenBlade, on 13 June 2018 - 01:47 PM, said:

RIP AP Teams...

Even with 24 hours, they never get a weekend day to play Comp Play. Its all during the week for them.

PGI. Please address this issue.

Midnight Sunday NA is approximately 5pm Sunday in AP.
NA prime time starts at approximately midday on Mondays in AP.

There will be no chance for AP teams to compete against NA teams. I can't see many NA teams waking up at 3am just to play AP teams.

Similar scheduling issue for AP vs EU.

#22 Tranderas

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 74 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:13 PM

1. The Timberwolf would still be below average if you did absolutely nothing to it besides removing its negative quirks. It needs an outright buff, not just an elimination of prior nerfs.

2. There's 20 concurrent players on Solaris 7 at normal hours. It can take upwards of 15 minutes to get a div7 game. Please admit the mode was a mistake and remove it, pushing people toward FP which is supposed to be this game's "endgame."

#23 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:16 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 13 June 2018 - 01:08 PM, said:

Build Profile Saving and Sharing
Have you always wanted to save or export a 'Mech's loadout or Skill Tree build to share other MechWarriors? Or import or load in a 'Mech's loadout or Skill Tree build from other MechWarriors? Well now it's possible with great ease!

Ammo
Ammo values for Auto cannon and Missile based weapons being increased for both single ton, and half ton increments:

Ammo Design Notes: We want to improve the baseline ammo stores primarily to make lighter ammo stores a bit more viable on lighter designs, while also better supporting a number of Stock designs for the upcoming MWOWC.

Excellent stuff! Posted Image

Blood Asp 'Mech

The following are the modifications made to the Blood Asp with respect to the physical model:
  • The proportions of the shoulder mounted weapons nacelles are much more accurate to that which is depicted in the concept art.
  • There is now only one standard size version of (the above mentioned) weapons mounts and they are mounted atop the shoulders (rather than (a version of) the former inset/sunken position)

Time to beg Support for a post-release refund Posted Image

#24 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:21 PM

Missing...

Posted Image

#25 byter75

• PipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:21 PM

I am not sure what to feel about the ammo changes, more ammo is nice but not all ammo types were created equal.
For example the ac5 and rac2 might weigh the same but the rac2 has about 80% more damage per ton than the ac, whilst I can't complain that they got about 17% more damage per ton, one weapon system was clearly in much more need for ammo than the other imo.
The weapons that don't benefit from this buff were not that great ammo wise either, which leaves them behind the other ballistics. Whilst I am not too upset that this happens to guass, it is particularly tragic in the case of weapons like the hmg which has always been a tonnage hog and barely viable.
Lastly, as someone who likes to use narc, one extra narc per ton is a meagre benefit, particularly since most other weapons are getting on average the equivalent of about two narcs per ton of ammo. I didn't exactly get the impression this was a widely used or overbearing (in terms of shots per ton) weapon system that needed to get the shaft in regards to bonus ammo.

#26 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:24 PM

So my SHS lax vomit banchee is now even more heat efficient... muhahaha

#27 Sereglach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:39 PM

Interesting changes. I think some ammo changes could have been a little higher than they are. Not all ammo changes, mind you. I think missile systems are now in a really solid spot. Maybe part of it is my stickler for even numbers (I really don't like it when you "lose" ammo on the half-tons), but some of the autocannons could have been at least a few shots higher. That and NARC . . . 1 shot on full tons? Really? I'd have at least made it 14 shots a ton, if not 16.

Regardless, I'll also just lament that it's sad seeing the FLE-FA Fire Ant in game (looking awesome, by the way) and knowing that Flamers are still in an absolute terrible state of existence. I know there's conversation about weapon balance elsewhere in the forums, but please fix and bring up the severely under-performing and broken Flamer.

#28 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:39 PM

So machineguns and gauss are the only ballistics not seeing an increase in ammo shots per ton then ?

#29 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:42 PM

Hooray to the Blood Asp changes!

They are exactly what needed to be done, and thank you for recognising it! :)

As for single heat sinks:

They will be situationally viable as soon the engine built-in HS won't distinguish between SHS and DHS.

#30 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:55 PM

First I thought hurray they are removing negative Quirks from the Timberwolf.

But then I read more in depth, and found out they are only camouflageing the negative Quirks so that nobody sees them anymore.

I guarantee you if you just remove the negative quirk, you will not see billions of Timberwolfs on the map.

#31 Alilua

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 362 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:01 PM

Glad to see a new feature and the blood asp looking much better. Community might remember more negative quirks though Posted Image

#32 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:06 PM

It's not like the TBR is horribly underperforming and in need of even more buffs over the upcoming 5-10 %...

#33 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:08 PM

I dont see the note on the Solaris Improvements section for reducing the timer from 3 minutes back down to 1. Was the intention to see how many tumbleweeds can go through in the extra 2 minutes ???

#34 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:18 PM

Wait, LRM ammo supply increased but AMS did not?

PGI, pls.

View PostDee Eight, on 13 June 2018 - 03:39 PM, said:

So machineguns and gauss are the only ballistics not seeing an increase in ammo shots per ton then ?

And MRMs are the only missiles seeing no increase.

HMG should probably be increased to 1500.

#35 Tina Benoit

Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 817 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:21 PM

Comp Play will only be accessible on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays Saturdays for 24 hours per day (starting at midnight PST).

An edit had been made to the Comp Play section of the patch notes:
We have moved the Sunday time slot to Saturday to better accommodate all time zones.

#36 BrunoSSace

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:30 PM

Some nice changes, might, might try single heatsinks more, maybe.

#37 Trenchbird

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:33 PM

It's actually surprising to me that there aren't any real 'nerfs' this patch. Hopefully you aren't just taking extra time to prep that nerfbat swing.

#38 K O N D O

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Silver Champ
  • CS 2020 Silver Champ
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:33 PM

The information stored in Skill Tree builds are the following:
  • The selected 'Mech's Skill Tree layout and which nodes are unlocked and selected.

Information NOT stored from Skill Tree layouts are the following:

• Order of the unlocked nodes.
</p>

Storing the Mechs Skill Tree layout and which nodes are unlocked and selected; wouldn't this also mean you'll see the order of unlocks because you'll see the shared the layout.

By sharing a skill tree with a friend,
  • will they only see the quantity of each node type used as a list?, or
  • will they be able to paste a shared skill tree into the MWO client so friends do not have to multi-click 91 times, and guess what path was used in order to get the same shared skill tree?, or
  • will they be given a 3rd party link (like Kitlaan's)?

#39 Lt Blackthorn

• PipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:36 PM

We fixed the Timberwolf by making the negative quirks unavoidable but more difficult to notice. Nice.

While we are on the subject of questionable decisions: why did you give LRMs the highest ammo per ton buff without a commensurate or larger buff to AMS ammo? You already made AMS more than 20% less effective with the recent ill-considered LRM velocity buff.

Stop buffing LRMs. You will not make them viable in high tiers unless you make them completely broken, and every time you buff them you tank new player experience and ruin the lower tiers of matchmaking. Hell, Paul even admitted as much on an NGNG podcast earlier this year. At the higher levels you are only going to encourage people to play a trash weapon and tank QP match quality even harder: more LRM boats in QP means more passive/lock-leeching play, more Polar Highlands, and more randomly assigned dead weight for people to have to carry. FP also becomes even more stompy for groups as LRM use increases. We already see enough quad LRM Mad Dog decks on FP pugs as it is.

Edited by Lt Blackthorn, 13 June 2018 - 04:40 PM.

#40 Unit 86

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:37 PM

View PostTranderas, on 13 June 2018 - 03:13 PM, said:

FP

View PostTranderas, on 13 June 2018 - 03:13 PM, said:

"endgame."

lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users