• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 10:55 AM

View PostDoomich, on 21 June 2018 - 09:09 AM, said:

meh..
Excuse me, but I'm more concerned about how my favorite mechs are disfigured
New retrofits system is too terrible
I definitely don't want to buy anything until I feel uncertain about the future design, that will probably make me leave you

I agree new retrofits looks ugly and dont support pattern.

deal is really good but I already have one

Edited by TAPAH 483-K, 21 June 2018 - 10:58 AM.

#23 Leidulfr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 11:14 AM

View PostHellfire666, on 21 June 2018 - 09:18 AM, said:

Wow, barely 5 months later and you put them on sale?
Talk about ripping off the players who paid full price not even half a year ago.

They've been desperately having week long sales of some sort every week since April 27th (maybe even before that, but I wasn't paying attention until then), and each sale that came after the previous, in some way, was a better deal than the original sale that some people may have bought into (like me) and then probably felt cheated (like me).

I see they're still going...

Edited by Leidulfr, 21 June 2018 - 11:15 AM.

#24 UrbanTechBro

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 17 posts
  • LocationMidWest

Posted 21 June 2018 - 11:29 AM

well well 20 bucks is a good deal.....30 bucks was alright....now if ya wanna get money out of people offer new stuff...dont throw some **** on sale after you just released it. Still think yall Doing a great job...Haters be dammed...

#25 5th Fedcom Rat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 893 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 11:41 AM

Putting it on sale only 2 months after release is a bit jarring to say the least, but this one is obviously targeted directly at Steam users to coincide with the big annual summer sale.

What I don't understand is why the packs keep going on sale but it's been forever since we've had a 50% off pattern and colours sale. We used to get these all the time.

And we've never had a 50% off all decals sale. Ever.

Neither has there been a sale on bolt-ons, which should be just as fair game as this pack for a sale, having released at the same time.

#26 Ruccus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 21 June 2018 - 11:45 AM

I just realized that the Steam Summer Sale has just started. That's why the Solaris 7 pack's on sale; it's the only thing PGI currently sells on Steam.

I was fine before even though it is a touch early for a sale on it, but it's either put it up during the Summer Sale or wait until Winter. In my opinion it's a good move on PGI's part as Steam's Summer and Winter Sales attract buyers.

#27 Cloves

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 561 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 11:52 AM

View Post5th Fedcom Rat, on 21 June 2018 - 11:41 AM, said:

Putting it on sale only 2 months after release is a bit jarring to say the least, but this one is obviously targeted directly at Steam users to coincide with the big annual summer sale.

What I don't understand is why the packs keep going on sale but it's been forever since we've had a 50% off pattern and colours sale. We used to get these all the time.

And we've never had a 50% off all decals sale. Ever.

Neither has there been a sale on bolt-ons, which should be just as fair game as this pack for a sale, having released at the same time.
. There have been many MC sales however, and that is the currency for decals and bolt-ons. I have never been able to figure out thier reluctance to put cosmetics on sale, I can only assume that they figure that market is completely vertical.

#28 Daemonara

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 92 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 21 June 2018 - 12:41 PM

Oh yes... Now can we have a patterns + colours + decals sale pretty please? Posted Image

Edit: Oh oh and a warhorn sale would make me super happy!!Posted Image

Edited by Daemonara, 21 June 2018 - 12:41 PM.

#29 Mochyn Pupur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 521 posts
  • LocationDerby, England

Posted 21 June 2018 - 12:55 PM

Royally screwed over if you bought the pack earlier this year - even more so if you look at the weapon mount changes that have come close to breaking some of the chassis

#30 Bonfor

• PipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 72 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 03:38 PM

On the other hand, it is fitting that the Solaris 7 sale is coinciding with the Summer Solstice event...Solaris...Solstice...what better timing? As a pure Clanner, I didn't buy the S7 hero pack because it only had one Clan mech...at $20, it's very tempting now.

#31 metallio

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 196 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 05:53 AM

Are there any mechs here that are really different in any way? Any odd loadouts that would be fun with the different hardpoints? Higher hardpoints etc?

It's "a good deal" but if you already have a bunch of variants of each of these like I do is there anything interesting in this bundle? The rifleman's odd mix of E and B looks at least a tiny bit different but I'm not sure if it'd make for a different loadout in practice.

Any reason to buy other than "because" if you already own a bunch of similar variants?

#32 Ruccus

• The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 22 June 2018 - 06:46 AM

View Postmetallio, on 22 June 2018 - 05:53 AM, said:

Are there any mechs here that are really different in any way? Any odd loadouts that would be fun with the different hardpoints? Higher hardpoints etc?

It's "a good deal" but if you already have a bunch of variants of each of these like I do is there anything interesting in this bundle? The rifleman's odd mix of E and B looks at least a tiny bit different but I'm not sure if it'd make for a different loadout in practice.

Any reason to buy other than "because" if you already own a bunch of similar variants?

The Mad Dog hero is the only Mad Dog with CT energy hardpoints, the Urbanmech hero has a larger maximum engine (210 instead of 180) than the other Urbies, and the Banshee hero is the only Banshee with jump jets.

They also all have a 30% c-bill bonus so if you have a comfortable build on a standard mech that will also fit the hero you can move it over to the hero to net you extra c-bills, but that's more of an incentive if you're on the fence about buying it because only two or three of the other mechs interest you.

Edited by Ruccus, 22 June 2018 - 06:46 AM.

#33 WayfaringCastaway

• PipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 06:47 AM

Metallic,

The really “unique” mechs of the bunch are the Maddox with the two energy in the center torso, the Urbie with the highest engine cap out of all the other Urbies, and the jumping Banshee.

I really like the Rifleman, the Griffin and the Atlas that come with the pack. They don’t really don’t do anything that the other variants in the game already do, but they are still very solid. The only mech out of the bunch that really feels like a disappointment to me is the Firestarter, which is nothing more than a reverse of the other Firestarter hero.

#34 metallio

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 196 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 06:57 AM

View PostBrownCoat84, on 22 June 2018 - 06:47 AM, said:

nothing more than a reverse of the other Firestarter hero.

Yeah, that's the one that really bugged me. The higher engine cap on the Urbie is interesting, not sure I care about CT hardpoints on the mad dog or the JJ on the banshee...JJ are generally useless although a little more mobility from one might be nice.

#35 Ruccus

• The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 22 June 2018 - 07:24 AM

While I'm not really a fan of the Firestarter in general, I personally do see the Firestorm as an improvement over the Ember. By taking the energy hardpoints out of the arms and into the torso you protect them more, allowing the energy weapons to last longer during a match and giving build options that only use the energy mounts and strip the arms for weight savings.

Also, putting the ballistic hardpoints on the arms allows easier targeting of enemy components that are cored. Four machineguns can do a reasonable job at stripping components when you can keep them on a component as you run around avoiding damage.

#36 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 519 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 11:55 AM

I feel ***** ...

#37 Mafarrico

• PipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 07:52 AM

Worse than having paid 30$ two months ago for something that is 20$ now is the fact that they are NOT making an in game mech bundles sale, I think this just may be a case of steam > pgi, I hope all is well with pgi.

#38 Cloves

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 561 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 12:22 PM

View PostMafarrico, on 23 June 2018 - 07:52 AM, said:

Worse than having paid 30$ two months ago for something that is 20$ now is the fact that they are NOT making an in game mech bundles sale, I think this just may be a case of steam > pgi, I hope all is well with pgi.
This was predictable. Folks that are bitter about the discount are newer players who may not have been aware of the two sales a year steam has always had on MWO. This offering has replaced the steam performance packs that they had in the past. And frankly, it’s a better deal than the old performance packs where anyway.

#39 Mafarrico

• PipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 10:50 PM

View PostCloves, on 24 June 2018 - 12:22 PM, said:

This was predictable. Folks that are bitter about the discount are newer players who may not have been aware of the two sales a year steam has always had on MWO. This offering has replaced the steam performance packs that they had in the past. And frankly, it’s a better deal than the old performance packs where anyway.

Dude, you just contradicted yourself, I WAS expecting a summer sale on bundles, because I know it used to happen twice a year, so about the "newer players" and "bitter" thingy you so gladly wrote, it just exposes you as the clueless person you are, especially when you are active since march 2017, and btw, I bought the solaris pack already, please refrain to comment my posts from now on, because clearly you are not qualified to do so.

Edited by Mafarrico, 24 June 2018 - 10:53 PM.

#40 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 11:42 PM

View PostHellfire666, on 21 June 2018 - 09:31 AM, said:

It was a good deal then and a better deal now - I just can't help but feel like I got ripped off for $10 since they have only been in the game for 2 months or so.

But they have only been in game for 2 months roughly. It's a good deal that got even better for sure. I just can't help but feel ripped off for $10. Just a little to soon I think.

We all know everything goes on discount . You and i could have waited but we chose not to . We were not ripped off we took advantage of the deal of the century. So it's a lil cheaper now ? So what ?

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users